Tom Thumb Food Stores Inc. Employee Reviews for Customer Service Associate / Cashier

Liked the co workers
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Defuniak Springs, FLApril 13, 2019
I feel as if Tom Thumb employers should make more then 8.56 especially if they are working a lot and only have two days off . And I also think there should be two people always working at a register or one in the back stocking things .
Pros
Free drinks
Cons
No breaks
great people poor management
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Crestview, FLJanuary 23, 2019
I worked for Tom Thumb for 3 years. the first 2 years were great but when the management started changing it made it a lot more difficult to work for them. The management was extremely poor. It is extremely hard to move up into the company they say its easy but it really isn't you have to make so many different criteria.
Pros
great people
Cons
no breaks, poor management
Honest review
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Crestview, FLDecember 21, 2018
Good place to work. There are a lot of hours to go around. In Crestview FL they pay around $10 starting. Not enough for rent. Great for student /teen.
Pros
Long shifts and hours, smoke breaks allowed.
Cons
No break room, biased towards women in employee disputes.
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Hurst, TXJune 11, 2018
My manager was very supportive and empathic to my personal needs as well as my endeavors with the company. The team I worked with was very consistent and viewed all as team members.
They do not care
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Fort Walton Beach, FLNovember 3, 2017
they do not seem to care about you. they would work me 45-50 hours per week and not even blink an eye. no build up there. no good job or thanks for the effort.
Work
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 19, 2017
This job you have to be flexiable witch sucks but if you tell you can work certan hours they do not like that they want you to work all these crazy hours.
Meet different people
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Pensacola Beach, FLJuly 12, 2017
Nice to greet people as they come and go. Place to work when you are not married. The hardest part is no break but it has a goof benefit like health insurance.
tom thumb
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 10, 2017
I worked for this company for a year I love my customers and my work area. You had some unprofessional supervisors in this company but over all great store.
Okay place
Cashier/Customer Service, Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Garland, TXMay 19, 2017
I think for my time there it was okay, but still not that good paying or boosting in raises since they rarely give them out ever. I liked the atmosphere though, it was always busy or had something to do for you.
easy work
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLFebruary 8, 2017
typical work day is you go in you work see the same people every day clean the same thing all day
i learned lotto there
management is awesome there
the hardest part is when you feel bad you cant let it show or effect your customer service
i enjoy my job talking to the same customers then some new ones come in
Pros
we got a deli and we get a discount
Cons
standing
Great place to meet your community.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLDecember 1, 2016
I have never had so much fun taking care of a shop. I've worked every shift and met all walks of life. I was told I might start training to be a manager but it went to someone else. A bad manager can ruin everything although you are allowed to switch stores.
Pros
Meet new people.
Cons
Sometimes people look down on you.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Coppell, TXJuly 5, 2016
Very busy day, that was the hardest part of the day. I loved being around friendly faces & helping others. The company is well ran & popular for raising funds for those in need.