Tom Thumb Food Stores Inc. Employee Reviews

very challenging and stressful position
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXMay 20, 2019
High turn around and very high stress on a daily basis. Management was a joy for the most part and several of the other employees were very nice to work with.
Pros
got to meet a lot of people, always busy
Cons
Too high a stress level, low pay, high turn around
It's a great job for beginners.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 11, 2019
It's a great job to start off with but it's not a guarantee to help with bills check are going to come out super low. But if your looking for your first job and trying to learn to balance school and work then u should go there.
Pros
Get a 30 min lunch
Cons
U don't get many hours and they are really slow
Liked the co workers
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Defuniak Springs, FLApril 13, 2019
I feel as if Tom Thumb employers should make more then 8.56 especially if they are working a lot and only have two days off . And I also think there should be two people always working at a register or one in the back stocking things .
Pros
Free drinks
Cons
No breaks
another great job
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, TXApril 5, 2019
tom thumb was a great job as well because it was a cool environment laid back managers long big warehouse all we did were line assembly jobs take drinks offline place them where they needed to go.
Poor work place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLApril 2, 2019
The management is poor, along with the workers. Everyone was ignorant and bashful. The manager never kept anything confidential and made its way through the entire store. I would never recommend someone to work there
Good company, but bad management
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Enterprise, ALMarch 26, 2019
Managers, dont wanna see you move up. I've been there over a year, keep getting overlooked, not recognize employees. Managers overlook employess. Managers have their favorite workers
Good working atmosphere
Dairy Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 26, 2019
Working with Tom Thumb I experience on learning how to do fully inventory and arrange products in order also used forklift duties to assure everything was stocked and or in order cleaned working area
Tom thumb
Stocker/Receiver (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXMarch 18, 2019
Undervalued, the culture/morale are both lowly high turnover rate management sucks rate of pay sucks you’d be lucky if it didn’t take you 10yrs to get $13/hr cheap unorganized and disoriented environment unclean and unsafe place to work.. 10/10 would not recommend anybody to work under these corporate slugs.. no recognition for going above and beyond and easy for the lower end workers to get in trouble for higher ups mistakes.. worse decision of my life to give years to that company.. I’m glad I left and will never return there especially not looking for employment
Calm work environment
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Marianna, FLMarch 17, 2019
I really enjoyed working with this company and would have continued if I didn’t have to move. The management was really good and the work environment was easy and calm.
A lackluster work environment perfect for a student living at home but otherwise a dead end job.
Admin Clerk (Current Employee) –  Allen, TXMarch 14, 2019
Perfect for some side cash as a student living at home, deadend job that cannot support anyone otherwise. Management is great in grocery, admin, deli and meat market areas to my knowledge. Fuel station, front end, and store management overall poor in all fields. Have no idea about pharmacy, they’re the one place that never had an opening though so I assume they do well.
Pros
Fuel station: get paid to sit, great for studying
Cons
No chance to advance beyond a $12 per hour pay.
Service Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXMarch 3, 2019
Started out a very good place to work...original store closed and was transferred to a different location..management is not fond of new transfers into the store
Fun working place
Cake Decorator/Baker (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 24, 2019
A good job to work at and you can get better opportunity within the company and be a better person in the work place and you must have good costumer skills and know you job and know how to be a team player
Pros
Work
Cons
Work
Poor management and over-hiring
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mesquite, TXFebruary 20, 2019
The problem with this Tom Thumb is that the management was very poor. The manager picks on the new employees, calling out every mistake made but no praise for the good things done. No one knew what was right and what was wrong. Management makes overtime mandatory without pay.
Also, management over hired twice. They had to cut hours to 4 hours a week per employee. This job is not an ideal one to apply for.
Pros
Discounts on store items
Cons
Poor management, over hiring, small pay
its just crazy
Associate (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLFebruary 11, 2019
everything about this jobs is crazy and why i liked it. never a dull moment. management will hire some pretty out there kind of people especially 18 yo managers
Pros
free sodas and coffee
Cons
my manager was 17
Tom Thumb
Courtesy Clerk (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXFebruary 6, 2019
I am hearing impaired and I can do my job very well no problems, I have my customers that are kind. The employees are very nice and enjoy working with them. Management is great, I do my job that is expected of me and do the best of my ability.
Pretty easy job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXFebruary 2, 2019
This job is okay if you are only temporary do not think you will be able to live off of this job for too long. Dealing with impatient customers and slow waiting times willl have a tug on you but overall pretty easy job.
Great workplace woth being able to meet great people
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Brewton, ALFebruary 1, 2019
Loved working here. Great employees smd customers all the way around. Always upbeat and focused attutides from employees and customers. Loved being a part of the team.
N/a
Deli Clerk (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 28, 2019
Had so many ups and downs with this company since merged with Albertsons 2 years ago it has not been the same making job very very difficult and hard to work with others
great people poor management
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Crestview, FLJanuary 23, 2019
I worked for Tom Thumb for 3 years. the first 2 years were great but when the management started changing it made it a lot more difficult to work for them. The management was extremely poor. It is extremely hard to move up into the company they say its easy but it really isn't you have to make so many different criteria.
Pros
great people
Cons
no breaks, poor management
Cashier
Cashier (Current Employee) –  DFWJanuary 20, 2019
Unless you bring a bed pan don't expect to get a bathroom break without permission. 6 hours and a 15 min break if your lucky. No baggers so you do that too. Low pay. Good for college kids.
Pros
Cons
They have a timer

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tom Thumb Food Stores Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.