Tom Thumb Employee Reviews

Fun and fast paced work invironment.
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Lynn Haven, FLJuly 8, 2019
Thomb Thumb is an amazing company to work for. The management is fair, the policy's are fair as well. Excellent health benefits as well as 401K retirement, life insurance paid by the company. Flexible work schedule. I'd recommend them to anyone.
Good Place to Work If Store Manager Is Good
QSR Clerk (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJuly 8, 2019
Tom Thumb is a good place to work if the Store Manager supports 'teamwork' and helping your teammembers. Very friendly. Ask an employee if they are happy and you will know if you want to work there.
Pros
Free Drinks. Buy your own cup or bring it.
Cons
Short breaks. Might now get any during the course of a busy day.
As long as i have been with this company they could always use improvements. But the people you work with can always make life better or harder for yo
Clerk/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Laurel Hill, FLJuly 8, 2019
* customer experience is very important.
* that every person is different and all need to feel welcomed.
* my current manager is great and tries to make everyone happy.
* hardest part of the job is to deal with customers under the influence without angering them.
* best part of the job is being able to meet all kinds of people and hope you made their day.
Upper management issues
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Panama City, FLJuly 7, 2019
This company was purchased in 2018 by E.G. America since the actual takeover in April 2019 things have spiraled outta control. Corporate logging into computers and adjusting invoices without management knowledge causing audit issues and disgruntled employees. Since Hurricane Michael you would think the company would want to take care of the current employees but no. The only thing that is the major concern is being open 24 hours again.
Not bad
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Panama City, FLJuly 7, 2019
The job wasn’t bad, the customers were what made the job great. I had an issue with my manager at the end but it was always nice. Equipment needed checked almost daily because cleaning didn’t seem like the biggest concern when I was there so I was always cleaning the most disgusting things.
No a fun place to work
Service Supervisor/Bookkeeper/Administrative (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXJune 30, 2019
Management was the worst. They are not leaders. The push employees to their limits. Make employees do tasks that are not in their job description. We never got a lunch. We were yelled at if we had to stay home because we were sick.
Fun environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJune 28, 2019
Its a great place to work. The boss is great. Its a great way to make people happy. They will work with your schedule. I advice anybody to work there.
Great experience and addition to resume
Cashier, Customer Service, and Floral Designer (Former Employee) –  Southlake, TXJune 26, 2019
With hard work and competence you had an opportunity to work in several departments making this a great learning experience and addition to resume. Management was friendly and staff was personable.
Best part of the day was clocking out
Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Flower Mound, TXJune 22, 2019
There is a great divide between Tom Thumb and Albertsons employees. I worked for Tom Thumb and they pushed out our manager and brought in an Albertsons guy. He brought in his own people and expressed incredible favoritism. Low pay. No breaks. High expectations of employee performance. Schedule was typically displayed on Saturday. You didn’t know if you were working or not the next day until the last minute. No set schedule. Skeleton crew. Be prepared to work outside of your job description in other departments and be stressed that your work is not complete. Rarely had a good day. Extremely high turnover of employees.
Pros
Hmmmm. The struggle is real!
Cons
Low pay. No breaks (smokers usually got them) high expectations
productive and always busy
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Mesquite, TXJune 19, 2019
it was my first job ever so it taught me how to talk to customers and learn about money better than i did before. its actually a great first job if you're still in highschool. alittle money in your pockets.
Pros
discounts, paid weekly. nice atmosphere
Cons
always busy
Productive workplace
Front End Cashier (Current Employee) –  Grapevine, TXJune 5, 2019
A typical day at Tom Thumb is a very busy day getting customers checked out with great speed and quality.
I learned ways to void transactions or to store coupon items that are on sale that didn't discount on register.
Learned to inform management when cash flow is low or when grocery items are out of stock.
The hardest part of the job is learning all of the produce codes.
The most enjoyable is working with customers and making them a very satisfied customer and working with other staff.
Pros
Working with friendly staff and customers
Cons
Only one lunch break
It was my first job but I think I could’ve got paid more.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Mesquite, TXJune 4, 2019
The job itself wasn’t that back but the Manager there wants you to work as if you were serving the queen of England. I don’t know if it’s clear or not but Tom Thumb is a grocery store, not a castle.
Pros
cool people that work there
Cons
manager is up tight
Productive work place with enthusiastic staff
Frozen Food Manager (Current Employee) –  Flower Mound, TXJune 3, 2019
The typical day at work was being greeted by the store director and given task which needed to be completed in a timely manor. Then you would check paper work and pull items which were ordered from the day before and pull inventory as needed. The hardest part of being the Frozen Foods Manager was having the department leads go and get the product which they ordered. The best part about the job would be the speed which you worked at and the intensity that was required to get the job done.
Pros
Weekly pay
Cons
Short breaks
Great opportunity to get my foot in the door of the working world
Checker (Former Employee) –  Flower Mound, TXMay 28, 2019
This was my first ever real employment, so I wasn't sure what to expect. The pay was not very high and the management was either rude or deceitful. However, I did learn how to deal with difficult customers and how to act in the world of business. I enjoyed my coworkers and the relationships I built with them, and I did not enjoy the boredom I experienced while on the clock.
Pros
Learning how to interact with customers, flexible scheduling, advancement opportunities.
Cons
Short breaks, low pay.
good people to work with
Pharmacy Technician Trainee (Former Employee) –  Garland, TXMay 27, 2019
it was a great and fun environment thou stressful but it was worth it. you get to have 401k benefits and dental care. understanding customers and a great environment
I did an amazing job is an employee was assaulted and co-workers buy a angry customer and asked him to leave the store because he was verbally assault
Beverage Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 18, 2019
This is a company who does not care about his employees would rather see customers be able to steal verbally assault and has pure negligence towards any of their employees and everybody is very unhappy except for the people that steal and braids the workers this made company cares nothing about their employees
Pros
Cons
Corporate
Nice Part Time Work
Tom Thumb Lead Cashier (Current Employee) –  Frisco, TXMay 17, 2019
If you're looking to just work part time work, then this is a great place to work, it can be stressful because you will be dealing more with management not making good choices when it comes to hiring dependable people. Please make sure that you specify what days and times you want to work, otherwise they will have you all over the place.
Pros
Friendly atmosphere at times
Cons
conflicts with schedule
Good summer job
Bakery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, TXMay 16, 2019
Everyone I worked with was very friendly and helpful when I started out. The hours were nice and over time I finished my job early since it was very repetitive and I got better at it. Working with customers at the bakery was fairly easy. This a good place to work in high school or as a summer job. The only thing I would change is the amount of pay.
Tom Thumb
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Cottondale, FLMay 10, 2019
I'm sure the company itself is great to work for, but the location i was at wasn't great at all. No one really liked each other and the store was on so much debt that they almost shut the place down. This location is Cottondale, FL. i hope that they have better management and are out of debt by now.
N/a
Associate (Current Employee) –  Crestview, FLMay 2, 2019
Fast paced, no breaks, management depends and is changed often, customers vary, the hours aren't consistent, hours aren't ideal, pay is low, customers aren't the best part of the job.
Pros
coworkers
Cons
no breaks, low pay, no benefits