Tom Thumb Employee Reviews in Dallas, TX

Great Company
DAIRY MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 10, 2019
Tom Thumb is a great company to work for. The benefits are awesome. The discounts are really good. They work with your schedule. Pay isn't that great.
Corporate was Great to work for you knew what to expect they care about there employees was, but honestly I haven't work very long with the new owners
Mailroom Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 21, 2019
I worked for the corporate office and after the take over they didn't need me, in my position of Mailroom coordinator (35 years) There main office was in Ft Worth They had there own mailroom and didn't need more personnel When the new owners took over they encourage us that there wouldn't be a lot of changes but to make a profit there were more position to apply for since the titles of some of the employees were changed and needed more experiences and more add to the job i received severance which was better than just let me go But I liked working I was 66 years old really wanted to stay at least until 70 or as long as I could do the job
Pros
when we were connected to the store got to shop on my lunch hour and that was so convenient
Cons
vacation time, wonderful empolyee
A good place to go
Meat cutter asistant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 14, 2019
This was a wonderful store to build a career.My place of employment is a peaceful warming place to shop with a lot of good deals.Their staff is amazing and even the shoppers..
I did an amazing job is an employee was assaulted and co-workers buy a angry customer and asked him to leave the store because he was verbally assault
Beverage Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 18, 2019
This is a company who does not care about his employees would rather see customers be able to steal verbally assault and has pure negligence towards any of their employees and everybody is very unhappy except for the people that steal and braids the workers this made company cares nothing about their employees
Pros
Cons
Corporate
Not going anywhere.
CPhT (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 19, 2019
After you reach your top, you are cornered into doing more for no further advancement. Pleasant at first, then you are counted as just a body. No longer a top place to work after Albertsons took over.
Pros
No over night shifts. When you leave work it’s no longer on your mind.
Cons
Hours, pay, co-workers, boss, no benefits or really really $$ benefits.
ok part time job
Bakery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 11, 2019
Not the best choice but definitely not the worse choice either. easy work, but like with retail jobs there are peak seasons(holidays). A good part time job for some extra cash.
Cash office and fellow employees made the job a fun place.
Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 10, 2019
Overall the job was a fun environment with lots of special customers and coworkers. I started out as a cashier and moved up to Service Manager within months. Typically I would work in customer service assisting customers with money orders, vehicle registrations, lottery sales/redemptions and Western Union. I would balance tills as they came in at the end of a cashiers shift , give out loans, refill coin machines and balance the safe and cash office at the end of my shift.
Upper management was difficult to deal with as they never seemed pleased with any one or anything and one of them was always loud, disrespectful, talked a lot of bull and showed favoritism.
Outside of management I really enjoyed my time there and the things I learned.
Fast-paced job but overwork employess
Starbucks Barista (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 26, 2019
The pay was unfair and it was very hard to get a raise. Management wasn't very involved and if they were, they didn't know what was going on and wanted stuff done as long as business came in no matter the circumstances. Didn't really care about employees.
Cashier
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 3, 2019
Like any cashier job, you have to remember codes and of course be nice to the customer. It is not a stressful job but, like with any job, treat people as you would treat your own family member. That's just something I believe you should morally, period.
Fast-paced, hard-working environment
Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 13, 2019
Tom Thumb has a work environment suitable for anyone to succeed, but requires focused associates who are willing to work together to accomplish goals set for the store specifically or a company as a whole. I learned management skills, schedule writing, cash-handling, compliance, multi-tasking, administrative duties, sales forecasting, customer service, team work, collaboration, and many other skills. The hardest part of the job was the fast-paced environment that required constant to-do lists and being able to motivate the coworkers in the building. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to work with people (coworkers and customers both) and being able to see the hard work put into the job pay off in the long run.
Pros
Rewarding, constantly learning a new task or how to do a well-known task more efficiently, friendly people
Cons
Short breaks or no breaks some days, high stress, lack of teamwork sometimes
Night shift/ Graveyard
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 31, 2018
I worked 7 hour shifts from 6pm to 1am (closing), about four days a week. Every week's schedule was different. I was a cashier and was on my feet the whole time. My second week working there, they decided I was ready to handle the entire store entirely by myself.
Fast paced and heavy lines with no help in front end.
Front End Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 30, 2018
Good place to work, friendly customers, great starbucks service, cheap gas.
Friendliest front end managers with register experience. Could use more courtesy clerks to clear lines faster.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Poor front end managing, lack of cashier to sacker ratios
Good job to work at long term
Dairy Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 27, 2018
Come in get right to work
Learned how to do other positions
Management is awesome
Very diverse
Hardest part is during the holidays. Extremely busy
I enjoy the pay and hrs
they are really cool with the schedual
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 28, 2018
the management were nice and understanding, they know how to make you feel good with the job you are doing and they see your capacity in the areas that you manage.
Pros
its a great work environment
Cons
there is no growing in these plae
A place where you can maintain living. Work your way up. And loving caring competive envoirment
Line Cook/Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 28, 2018
I liked that they appreciated their workers and you had room to move up without problems.Its was like working for ome team that cared amd wantes to see you succeed.
Pros
Make decent money
Cons
Breaks short
Just another retail chain
Staff Pharmacist - Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 10, 2018
Mixed messages, scattered goals, I don't believe they will survive the coming pharmacy wars.

There is no such thing as a lunch break at this pharmacy.
wa what i expected they where really frienly and nice pople
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 24, 2018
it wasn't a bad job they hired me on the spot and I liked that because I needed a job so I could leave my other one , so it helped out a lot and made me see the difference from my other job I had . I would recommend somebody in high school working there, but no someone in collage or lifetime .
Pros
it was my second job
Cons
didnt get alot of hours
productive work place
Market Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 17, 2018
a productive day of work deal white costumer
to work as a team
poor management
have a few worked culture
make team members work in the same level
time off
Pleasant place to work at
PHARMACY TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 8, 2018
One of the places where I can say fun to work at and most pharmacy employees are team players and hardworking. Great pharmacy manager, and great customers.
Pros
Fun environment, awesome coworkers and boss.
Cons
Company is money driven, and have lost a lot of focus on patient.
Okay, but not for me
CASHIER/CHECKER (Former Employee) –  5809 E Lovers Ln, Dallas, TX 75206October 8, 2018
Typical day - repetitive cashier tasks; monotonous+depressing
I learned more about myself; I am a tasker, not so much of a people's person, though I strongly believe in professionalism and good customer service
management is good when it's available (hence, happy customer)
management can also be disorganized (unhappy customer) and not understanding (unhappy employee)
Culture: cashiers work hard and together~~great associates
Hardest part of the job: Knowing you are going above and beyond/doing your best, and not being paid enough for it.
Enjoyable part: Working with great coworkers and having some sense of purpose