Tom Thumb Employee Reviews in Pensacola, FL

Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLAugust 1, 2019
Upper management very efficient. Since the new take over it has been hard to follow the guidelines set. They ask us to do things one way and within the next 2 or so days, they change it yet again. The hardest part of the job is the time limit to get your paperwork done for a specific time. It does not allow for unforeseen complications. I enjoyed the interaction with the customers and my employees.
Good Place to Work If Store Manager Is Good
QSR Clerk (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJuly 8, 2019
Tom Thumb is a good place to work if the Store Manager supports 'teamwork' and helping your teammembers. Very friendly. Ask an employee if they are happy and you will know if you want to work there.
Pros
Free Drinks. Buy your own cup or bring it.
Cons
Short breaks. Might now get any during the course of a busy day.
Stay away
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLMarch 18, 2019
Not a safe place to work; if you have a lot of drug users in the area, stay away. Customers pick who they like to mistreat just because you’re doing your job. Unless you enjoy being treated like a leper instead of a human, stay away.
Pros
Very, very few customers who were genuinely nice
Cons
Bad area, no breaks
bad job
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJanuary 18, 2019
not only do you have to stock clean and deal with half drunk and disrepectful costumers but you also have to worry about money laundrying under age minors trying to buy tocabbco or alchol which can and will get you terminated not worth 8 dollars a hour
Pros
has ok benefits but only after a year
Cons
the whole job
Good customer
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLDecember 16, 2018
It was very busy and lots of things that had to be done and I had to stand on my feet for hours I only had one day off or some times two if they wasn’t so busy
Pros
No Free lunch
Cons
Short breaks
would not recommend this place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJuly 21, 2018
very poor place to work, the new managment company that took over wanted to cut everyone's pay,

no fulltime employees, no rasises, job description does not really match what you have to do,
Productive and fun place to work.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJuly 13, 2018
Friendly up beat people. Room for advancement without a time scale to work by. Move at your own pace with raises to go with the education classes that are completed. Everyone works as a team.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Always on your feet.
A fast paced job with no breaks
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJune 17, 2018
Very demanding job with no benefits unless full time. You could work full time hours while being part time but not receive benefits. Promised opportunities but are given to new employees.
Pros
the hours are good most weeks
Cons
no healthcare unless ful time, annual raises, unappreciated
Tom Thumb
Sales Associate/Deli (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJune 14, 2018
Tom Thumb is a great work environment, they offer great hours, very company. Love the person to person work environment. Deli was a great position as well
Awsome
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJune 13, 2018
Tom thumb is great company. Work opportunities to advance if wanted. Friendly co-workers customers or great. Easy-going hard work great place of employment
Very stressful
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLApril 23, 2018
When I am cashier I service incoming customers take cash, do daily cleaning duties. Help management with any issues.

When I am assistant manager I submit all paperwork via computer, count cash and balance cash and lottery. Take deposits to bank
Pros
Job
Cons
No breaks
fast paced The job was like any job, you come in go to work, keep the store clean, stock shelves, and its great for customer service experience.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FlMarch 13, 2018
The job was like any job, you come in go to work, keep the store clean, stock shelves, and its great for customer service experience. They showed me how to look for false Ids and for money launders.
Good company
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLFebruary 22, 2018
The company overall is good, management depends on the store. I have worked at a few different stores, some that I loved and some that I hated. They should pay their employees more for what they have to deal with..
Cons
Pay, customers
it sucked
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJanuary 18, 2018
they kept changing my schedule around over and over again not taking consideration that I had kids to take care of and they never asked me if I wanted to work over time or not
clerk cashier
Clerk cashier customer service (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLDecember 19, 2017
Part time could never get more hours or full time, Pay is very low for all that you do there. No breaks times there at all, it was hard enough to eat in front of customers.
pay scale
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLNovember 18, 2017
This was a great company to work for. Unfortunately, pay wasn't as competitive as other companies in the same town. Many would be hired on and quit soon after, simply because they found a better paying job elsewhere.
Pros
overtime opportunities
Cons
not enough help at times
Wonderful
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLOctober 22, 2017
The manager and employees were great. The store was very cleaned and organized. Everyone there knew how to work as a team. The manager was willing to work around my kids' schedule.
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLOctober 3, 2017
Tom Thumb needs to provide more of a pay per hour due to the amount of responsibilities that you are given. It is not worth the time and effort without the correct amount of pay.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
productive
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLApril 28, 2017
Its not one of those boring jobs, it keeps you on your feet and moving. it also helps when you have good workers that like to work! working here you have to have good customer service skills.
OK for temporary
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLNovember 18, 2016
Upper Management doesn't seem to understand what is like to be on the front line. Benefits are ok but you have to be full time to get them and that can take a while is your hired part time.
Pros
2 different shifts
Cons
no room for advancement is you don't know somebody