Tom Thumb Employee Reviews for Customer Service Associate / Cashier

Angry
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Addison, TXAugust 5, 2019
Management talked about every one. GM favored the Hispanics, front end mgr did not like to do her but made Evey one else do it. Pay was very low . At times hrs were non exisitant. They did not care about emplyees
Pros
It was a job
Cons
Rude customers, managers gossiping about employees, pay not good at all
It was my first job but I think I could’ve got paid more.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Mesquite, TXJune 4, 2019
The job itself wasn’t that back but the Manager there wants you to work as if you were serving the queen of England. I don’t know if it’s clear or not but Tom Thumb is a grocery store, not a castle.
Pros
cool people that work there
Cons
manager is up tight
management
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Lake Stevens, WAApril 2, 2019
The owner was the manager and she was very rude and wouldnt work with you on problems with work, employees or schedules. Made us feel worthless and disposable.
Stay away
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLMarch 18, 2019
Not a safe place to work; if you have a lot of drug users in the area, stay away. Customers pick who they like to mistreat just because you’re doing your job. Unless you enjoy being treated like a leper instead of a human, stay away.
Pros
Very, very few customers who were genuinely nice
Cons
Bad area, no breaks
Fast paced
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Molino, FLNovember 28, 2018
It was an okay job but I needed more money and the new company cut hours so bad. The new company took away all benefits, vacation, overtime, and sick time.
Customers and co-workers could make the day better...
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Southlake, TXSeptember 20, 2018
Nothing too difficult - can be long hours on your feet, sometimes issues with customers, but can be rewarding learning the store and the stock so you can best help customers. Pay attention and be helpful and that will get you far.

I really appreciated that my immediate supervisor was always willing to work with my and my family's schedule so I could get hours at times that worked best all around. Management in general didn't seem to pay much attention to who actually gets work done and done well and doesn't reward that effort. Some expectations of the closing cashier are silly - how can a person watch the front door and the front end AND condition and/or stock in the pharmacy or general merchandise? Not physically possible...
Pros
Hours fit my schedule, decent employee discounts, sometimes encountered local celebrities and other fun customers
Cons
Management was clueless, working with flaky teenagers
Customer service
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 1, 2018
Customer service is the number one top priority here. They focus on all rates and surveys form everyone and all departments. Workers must always be happy and helpful
Pros
Happy and friendly place to be
Cons
I cant think of any
Loved the customers but poor environment overall
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, TXJuly 13, 2018
I was very familiar with the customer base there and became fond of my regulars. This store suffers due to poor management and under paid employees. There is a huge employee turn over due to this.
Pros
Loved my customers
Cons
Low pay and poor management
A fast paced job with no breaks
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJune 17, 2018
Very demanding job with no benefits unless full time. You could work full time hours while being part time but not receive benefits. Promised opportunities but are given to new employees.
Pros
the hours are good most weeks
Cons
no healthcare unless ful time, annual raises, unappreciated
GREAt job
Cashier/Customer Service/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Navarre, FLJune 9, 2018
Several ways to move throughout the company. Customer service helps promote you through sales associates. Easy learning job with benefits. knowledge of lottery makes job great.
Good place to start for job experience, but can be trying at times.
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Keller, TXJune 7, 2018
I learned the basics of being a cashier, customer service, and some problem solving. It has been trying at times, but it has also given me some experience for the future...
Pros
Nice co-workers, get job experience for new employees
Cons
Lack of training, picky customers, lack of communication at times
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Allen, TXApril 16, 2018
At the store I worked at, I enjoyed working with everyone except the managers. They were rude, selfish, careless, lazy, and didn't care about their employees. We would go almost 6 hours without a single break, while the managers took several. We were constantly having people coming in then leaving. No one wanted to stay to work at this Tom Thumb soley on the fact of the managers micro managing.
Pros
Weekly paychecks
Cons
Bad managers
first time for every thing job related
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  skillman dallas texasFebruary 27, 2018
curtesy clerk
last hours work
early morning work
investment bonds
weekends work
Pros
location
Cons
new manger
Great place to work for!
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXFebruary 6, 2018
I really enjoyed working for Tom Thumb and especially this location. The customers are friendly and all the coworkers are nice as well. The manager was flexible with schedules.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
poor wage
Over worked and under paid
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Fort Walton Beach, FLJanuary 26, 2018
You work hard and get nothing for it. They expect you to be a hard worker for little pay while putting your life on the line as they get robbed often.
It was a grocery store, that had discounts for workers.
Cashier/Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXJanuary 5, 2018
I ha this job a long time ago. Since then my locate was bought out, rebranded, went out of business, then by demand of the city brought back. When i was there before we were purchased; it was where i learned how to provide world class service. A principal that would effect every job from that point forward.
Poor management
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Frisco, TXDecember 19, 2017
Incredibly poor management. I had horrible hours and constantly asked for less hours and it took my manager a long time to get me less hours. The manager himself was never there and was shoving his work into others as their responsibility.
clerk cashier
Clerk cashier customer service (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLDecember 19, 2017
Part time could never get more hours or full time, Pay is very low for all that you do there. No breaks times there at all, it was hard enough to eat in front of customers.
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLOctober 3, 2017
Tom Thumb needs to provide more of a pay per hour due to the amount of responsibilities that you are given. It is not worth the time and effort without the correct amount of pay.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Great job
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Panama city beach flSeptember 11, 2017
Very fast pace. Friendly people. I learned how to work different hours an learned how to do everything while working there. It's not one person's job everyone does everything