Tom Thumb Employee Review

Best part of the day was clocking out
Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Flower Mound, TXJune 22, 2019
There is a great divide between Tom Thumb and Albertsons employees. I worked for Tom Thumb and they pushed out our manager and brought in an Albertsons guy. He brought in his own people and expressed incredible favoritism. Low pay. No breaks. High expectations of employee performance. Schedule was typically displayed on Saturday. You didn’t know if you were working or not the next day until the last minute. No set schedule. Skeleton crew. Be prepared to work outside of your job description in other departments and be stressed that your work is not complete. Rarely had a good day. Extremely high turnover of employees.
Pros
Hmmmm. The struggle is real!
Cons
Low pay. No breaks (smokers usually got them) high expectations

Other Tom Thumb Employee Reviews

Team Player
Service Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXAugust 22, 2019
Customer Service comes in many forms meaning ask little as walking an elderly woman down an aisle to find light bulbs and listening to her daily duties. My duties were to renew car registration, Western Union money transfer, lottery, some of our customer come in for money order, Replenish the tills on the frontend and pick up money from till that had accumulated too much money. Laugh and have a good time while speaking to our regular Customer and enjoying our new Customer making sure they found
everything they were looking for and had a great experience in our store. Run reports and balance saferoom at the end of the night.
Horrible
Service Attendant (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXAugust 17, 2019
I would never work here again. I was told 3 times they were going to move me up to a management position. All 3 tines they went with someone that has no experience. Management is terrible they don’t look out for the employees.