Tom Wood Group logo

• Support from manager
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Sense of belonging

Sales/Finance

Distrustful company culture based on favoritism.Lack of career development. Over worked, and under paid.State of art facility and location.Motivated and supportive GSM with limited authority and responsibility to help accomplishing the overall objectives of the enterprise.Interacting with some incredible colleagues.

Pros

Worked with some incredible colleagues

Cons

Lack of confidence in the organization

Great company, has some issues just like all workplaces

Handful of the Tom Wood entities do things very well....each individual location has their different issues. Everything starts at the top...with leadership...or lack there of.

Best people I ever worked with. The management staff is amazing and pays attention to employee needs/concerns. I was always paid fairly in every role I worked in and they truly put their people first.

Great place to work!

Great community and an encouraging work environment. Management is great and very supportive. I enjoy working with my team day in and day out! I love cars and the automotive industry and that is what makes this job so great!

Pros

Job Culture, Work/Life Balance

I get to use my lift when I'm not on the clock to work on personal vehicles.

Tom Wood Subaru is continually one of the top dealerships in the group, yet pay their techs very poorly. They are a few dollars below the industry standard for tech pay, and there is no opportunity for career advancement with them.

Pros

You don't have to show up to work, and there are no repercussions.

Cons

Poor pay, no advancement opportunities, and stifeling management

Would you rate your company five stars?

Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.

Great atmosphere. Hours are amazing 9-6 everyday, no late nights. Flexible schedule.

I have seen several promotions from within the company and they always make sure we have a great work life balance. Every year I have been here we have set a record versus previous years. This company is always growing and adapting. Love my workdays here.

Pros

Work life balance. Lots of fun. Always have what I need to do my job.

Cons

lots of glass in the building and no blinds.

Great investment into their employees

Good training, great support, and an overall sense of belonging. The most enjoyable part of the job are awesome coworkers, and a sense of purpose. The workplace culture was positive, and management is easy to work with.

Great Company

- Best Sales Management Staff I've worked for. Good opportunities if you're driven to succeed. This is a sales driven job so be prepared to do whats asked of you!

Pros

Great Company, Good Benefits, Great Leadership

Cons

Dealership Life

Structurally unsound. The "Process" is simply a process Trying to keep up with unknown expectations. Preferential treatment is awful

Not bad if you are one of the favored employees If they all did it the same way every time the sky would be the limit. NO PROCESS/MANAGEMENT! Structurally unsound. The "Process" is simply a process of desperately trying to keep up with the inconsistent expectations and daily changes to the "Process". The process os non-existent, varies day to day, and is adjusted according to the specific employee. Preferential treatment to individuals who lack motivation, work ethic, and just dont understand that the customers are the only priority!! Stop the favoritism and demand accountability! There is a reason they are losing employees left and right.

Pros

Hard to beat a Honda.

Cons

Listed above, could have added much more.

No one is valuable to this company.

I seen multiple people come and go. Management only looks at numbers, not individuals who work for them. If numbers are not what the company wants you are moved to another job or eliminated.

Pros

Pay Check

Cons

Job Security

Jobs at Tom Wood Group

See more jobs

NO Raises No Recognition for PT empolyees no incentives for them

I put in years and was never recognized or appreciated did others work went above and beyond for this company and stuck it out just to be let go after being told I would not be one let go

Pros

Flexible with my other job so i could make money to live

Cons

no raises or awards or pto or vacation days etc

Applied with company

Applied for a parts specialist role at the Tom wood Lexus location, I was very well qualified for the job which In the posting said salary range was from 30-46k a year. I went in for the interview and met the parts manager he seemed like a great person to work for and a person who would stand behind you, my only issue is they also had a parts driver or delivery driver position available at the same time in a different posting which I did not apply for. I was offered the job after the interview not for the job I applied to but the parts driver job. It was a classic bate a switch in my opinion I was more then qualified for the role I applied for but when it came down to numbers it became the driver role with hope of moving up the ladder and becoming that role in hopefully 6 months to a year. I just wish they were more up front with the process, and if you are in consideration for a job you did not apply for they should let you know that at the beginning and not waste you time with a job that was clearly under your qualifications. Seemed very solid until the numbers came out and then quickly realized they didn’t think I was capable of the parts specialist role at which I have 6 years experience in running and managing that role

Beatings Will Continue Until Morale Improves

They claim to want to train you via videos - but they won't let you watch them. They prefer to let you make mistakes so that they can yell at you. You will never hear a single word of praise or appreciation

Pros

Opportunity to make good money is there

Cons

Tense, critical culture

Great team, Great Learning opportunities

Challenging work, but rewarding. I've learned a great deal, and the company supported my training efforts. My managers work hard to make it a great place to work

Pros

Never a dull moment

Shark Tank

I love Subaru and was excited about the opportunity. But the salespeople are sharks. I’m not going to stand and fight with someone about a sale... EVERY TIME!!! every person I spoke with “one person” in particular “had already spoke with”. Enough. I’ll work somewhere else. And no help from management.

Pros

Great product

Cons

Coworkers.

Pays the bills

Its a decent job that feels fairly secure if you can produce. poor communication from leaders, many empty promises, poor HR department, lots of contradicting messages from top down.

Life Changing Culture

The people and teamwork are what make me love this place so much! People are respectful (at all levels), caring and hard-working. I can't wait to get to work every day! I feel like my growth potential is endless.

Pros

Supportive culture

Great place to work!

Tome wood lexus definitely knows how to choose their employees. Everyone is very helpful and fun to be around. This is honestly what a dealership environment and staff should be.

Not happy

I'm not happy working here. I feel as if I'm frowned upon. I feel as if I don't belong. There is constant back stabbing and gossiping. Just not a fun work environment.

Productive and pristine workplace

A typical day as a parts driver for Porsche is very laid back as long as I stay on top of my duties in the most efficient manor possible. I learned how to manage my time more properly working here because some days I would be responsible for making over a dozen stops in the metropolitan area in a fixed amount of time. That amount of time being the same as if I only had to make just a few stops on some days. The management is very laid back and friendly as long as I stayed on top of my tasks day to day and delivered all the criteria they ask of me. The hardest part about working for Porsche is getting my 40+ hours a week some weeks because i would always finish my routes early due to a proficiently planned route created by myself.

Pros

self time management

Cons

gaining weekly hours

Culture of department, uneven workload

Enjoyed my supervisor and coworkers. Personally I was a go to for heavier load of work to be done or initiated because I would get the job done. Need to be very focused, accurate and self driven. There wasn't as many people in my department from my time being there that could handle or would choose NOT to handle certain responsibilities of which is unfair to me. Anyway I enjoyed my responsibilities.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tom Wood Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Ratings from women

1.3
InHerSight Score
1.4Personal Development
1.8Career Opportunities
1.0Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight