Tomball Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews

Busy & Fun
Mental Tech & Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 29, 2018
enjoyed the worked flow on my unit. I had a great coworkers that worked as a team. We shared the work load and enjoyed our time working as a family in the unit.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
not enough coverage
Great place to get your hands on doing different tyoe of surgeries
Circulator Registered Nurse in the Operating Room (Former Employee) –  Tomball, TXMay 24, 2018
I always got assigned early case which starts at 7. Scrub techs sometimes didn't prepare the sterile field ahead of time, wait til last minute and I couldn't tell them differently cuz they do what they want to do. And if something goes wrong in the room, even though it was the scrub techs' fault, of course the circulator is the front person to get blamed for.
Pros
Very busy OR with different types of SURGERIES so I could learn different things
Cons
Management allowed employees who had been there awhile do what they like
Save yourself for a better hospital to work for
Rn (Current Employee) –  Critical careMay 12, 2018
Hca owns tomball now and since they took over they only care about productivity and money they save by overworking their nurses, they pay too little for so much work that needs to be done , above all else they’re only committed to getting the most out of their employees, they hire more staff and almost all left because of the workload for so little money, they are very open in saying they are not going to pay as much the other hospitals, can’t wait to find another hospital to work for
Work perfomance
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Tomball, TXMay 11, 2018
It is a job if you need the extra money. They don't pay you for your experience. Overall it is a decent place to work. The work there is a bit too much.
Fast-paced
Student Nurse (Former Employee) –  Tomball, TXApril 3, 2018
I had a great internship as a Student Nurse in this hospital and I learned a lot from staff nurses who are very helpful. The day started with the following activities: check vital signs, perform head-to-toe assessment, administer medications, and develop/implement/evaluate nursing care plan, perform documentation, and perform other assigned duties.
Pros
Helpful staff nurses, affordable lunches
Cons
Few blood pressure machines
Great staff, going through changes
Medical/Surgical Telemetry RN (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 1, 2018
Not enough adequate staffing leads to stressful environment. More staff needs to be hired and retained, but the teamwork was great. The manager on the unit I worked on was very flexible with scheduling around your needs.
very friendly people to work with
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Tomball, TXMarch 21, 2018
very friendly people to work with. The Management needs to be a little better though and increase in salary would be great. But the environment with the other co workers was worth staying
Busy, fast paced
Registrar (Current Employee) –  Tomball, TXFebruary 26, 2018
I made a few great friends. Management in my department was not what I call competent. Overtime is always available and there are opportunities to train in other departments.
Pros
Pto
Cons
short breaks
Under new management.
Biomedical Technician II / Plant Operations (Former Employee) –  Tomball, TXFebruary 21, 2018
Tomball regional Hospital has been struggling with keeping good people onboard. When the system swtiched hands to HCA the Biomedical Department was left into the wind by GE waiting too long to come onboard and lack of communication between the management and the techs was horrible.
Pros
No comments
Cons
No comments
Recent takeover has changed things
Clinical Pharmacist (Current Employee) –  Tomball, TXFebruary 7, 2018
Great fellow employees - department is like a family. Smart folks you can count on. Worst part is we never seem to have enough people to do the work required. Mandatory schedule changes have made things difficult.
Pros
Easy commute
Cons
Recent Mandatory schedule changes
very hard place to work. very short staffed and no backup support.
Registered Nurse (RN) (Current Employee) –  Tomball, TXJanuary 22, 2018
Working imcu always have 5 patients and very little support staff. Always pushing you to take more patients no matter how sick they are or how hard you are working. Techs do very little and take naps. Often will not answers their phones or pages. Sit and eat candy, cookies and read magazines while the nurses run. Reported to charge nurses and nothing is done. Manager sends messages about everyone not working enough or helping your unit. Wages are poor and shift differentials suck. Holiday pay is a dollar an hour, for you giving up your time with your Families. If you call in on the weekend for any reason you have to make it up. Even if its the flu or any other serious illness.
Pros
close to home
Cons
very short staffed, punishes you for having flu and calling in. requires you to make up time off for illness
productive place to work
Mental Health Tech / Nurse tech (Current Employee) –  Tomball, TXDecember 22, 2017
always busy not enough tech help, too many patient to tech ratio and lots of work expected to be done . too many turnovers , no tech wants to stay working here since hca bought the hospital.
Tomball is a nice place to work
PCA lll (Current Employee) –  Tomball, TXDecember 4, 2017
Tomball is a nice place to work. Changes hands often, and pay was taken across the board. people get hired but to much on there plate and don't stay. Things are promised but never given. to many patients nurses stressed. but sill a nice place to work
Pros
close to home
Cons
they dont keep there promises
Applications Analyst/Helpdesk Specialist - IT (Former Employee) –  Tomball, TXOctober 11, 2017
Assisting the elder residents of Tomball with their questions. It was a very positive working environment. The staff was friendly and very helpful.I did enjoy my time at this company.
Ever changing
Nurse Case Manager/Denials Manager (Former Employee) –  Tomball, TXSeptember 6, 2017
Review census for your physician group/groups and organize your day by floor and urgency.
Meet with families as necessary.
I learned that I am very strong and patient.
There were many management and ownership changes when I worked at Tomball.
The culture was laid back when I started and by the time I left, due to so many management and ownership changes, the culture had changed and became much more stressful.
I spent a great deal of time towards the end of my career at Tomball Hospital working long hours.
I did meet some wonderful people at Tomball Hospital.
Pros
Used to be very laid back and professional
Cons
its now a very stressful, fast paced environment
Great Work Enviroment
Admitting Representative (Current Employee) –  Tomball, TXAugust 1, 2017
It's an awesome place to work. Everyones so welcoming and nice. Patients are enjoyable and staff are helpful. Its a great place to work. Its small and evrry one knows each other.
One of my favorite jobs
Education Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Tomball, TXJuly 16, 2017
Working at Tomball Regional prior to them selling the company was like nothing I'd experienced before. I truly loved the people I worked with and continue to be friends with the majority of them to this day.
Pros
Close knit work family
Cons
Once sold became strictly business
So-So
Janitor (Current Employee) –  Tomball, TXJune 23, 2017
General busy work in the kitchen that involves a range of task such as washing dishes and preparing items to be use in serving meals.

I have learned time management and and better ways to work around or within other coworkers jobs to make for a more fluid work environment.

Management is pretty handsoff when if comes to my general area of work so I can I don't have much interaction with them.

The workplace is generally OK given the high pace work involved but does have moments of high tension under stress.

Balancing life on a last second work schedule

Free meals
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Random work times
enjoyable experience
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Tomball, TXJune 19, 2017
Tomball regional is a very close knot hospital system. I truly enjoyed my time there and always look back at my time there with great memories. Management was very willing to work with the employees and help provide an enjoyable work experience.
House Keeping
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Tomball, TXJune 17, 2017
It is not a place to keep working at for the lack of pay. Only stay for here for a minute or so don't stay for to long. Keep looking if you were to work there,