Tommy Bahama Employee Reviews

Excellent place to work!
Stock Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NV/Miracle Mile ShopsFebruary 2, 2019
Excellent place to work! I wish I would have never left this company. This is a great company to work for and they treat their employees well. I can't say enough good things for my manager Jarred Mix...the best dude ever!!! He is from Seattle Washington
Pros
Great place and great employees
Not a bad place
ASSISTANT STORE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Foley, ALFebruary 1, 2019
I like the atmosphere at Tommy Bahama. I enjoy having the freedom of merchandising freely and being creative. There is nothing hard about the job every job has it's challenges but nothing a good hard working strong minded person can't overcome. Down side is you only get 30 mins lunch. Benefits aren't that great but something is better than nothing. I really enjoy the company it's self I'm just looking for an advancement for this point of my life. This is no secret with my SM and DM.
Pros
Great company
Cons
communication between corporate and benefits
nothing to say
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJanuary 30, 2019
nothing to add at this point in time, but i will say the environment was very pleasant at the mizner location at which i worked at. great people and great company
Pros
.great pay
Cons
low hours
Great work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Northbrook, ILJanuary 22, 2019
Great environment
Goal driven
Support from all team members
Be a strong ambassador of the brand by personally representing the season's trends and key items for the business.
Pros
great staff, management
Cons
no insurance for part time
No advancement and Forced Overtime
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Corte Madera, CAJanuary 11, 2019
Summary says it all; no advancement offered and far too much weak management causes poor staffing and forced overtime.

Unqualified key holders whom couldn't hold a job anywhere else are used as a substitute for true leadership and management of the stores, which are really just showcases for TB's online business as well as representing the brand and processing returns.

Great work environment if you don't want a career or don't have any personal life!
Pros
Great discounts!!
Cons
No advancement opportunities
productive
Sales associate (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 9, 2019
productive and fun workplace
perfect management
the hardest part is trying angry customer to satisfied
the most enjoyable part of my job having fun and learning new experience
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short break
Great company!
Server (Current Employee) –  Palm Springs, CADecember 17, 2018
The most understanding compassionate and empathetic company ever. I could have never imagined such a great group of people to work for. I have had several extraordinary life events takes place in my short tenure with the company and their response has always been “how can we help? If your good we are good. Take the time you need and please call our employee help line that’s an independent group dedicated to helping with the extraordinary difficulties our staff occurs”.
The best... I love the island life!
Love this place and chef's are the best
Chef (Former Employee) –  Legacy West,Plano tx.December 11, 2018
Love this place and people FOH,great team of over all aspects great.During the slow season of business hours are sacrificed.The HR and management are great people doing their best.
Pros
People
Cons
Hours allotted during slow season
A great place for Love
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Auburn, WANovember 27, 2018
I really enjoyed the people that worked there and I did meet my husband there. I lost weight there with all the exercise I did. you get work with a variety of people at a variety of different jobs. Life is never boring at a warehouse.
Pros
fun parties, discounts
Cons
hard to move up inside the company
managment
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Federal WayNovember 15, 2018
The turn over here is crazy... don't make friends they probably wont be there the next day... the pay is fair... they do offer VTO everyday due to over staffing... the management here is not on the same page... you can be told your doing great by one and the next day told how everything you are doing is wrong... it was a nice place to work temporary but I would not recommend it if you want a long term job.
Pros
Free lunches and product
Cons
Poor managment and coaching
Great Company
Restaurant Manager (Former Employee) –  Sandestin, FLNovember 14, 2018
Some may love some may no, hard work and determination this is a great company to work for. If lazy and looking to coast to a paycheck job not for you.
Great company
good if this isn't your career
Floor Supervisor/Visual (Former Employee) –  Manhattan Beach, CAOctober 30, 2018
this is good if you don't mind working with indecisive management. the benefits and discounts are great though but work life balance for anyone supervisor and below isn't something worth working for.
Once Great Company Run Into The Reef
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 23, 2018
While this is still an enjoyable place for sales, the management track is terrible and getting worse every year.
The focus (in as much as there is one) has shifted from experience to appearances. Almost every hire is under 30 years old and must be a model as their side hustle. For a company whose customer base is late 30's and over it's really missing the mark.
Communication is very poor and it seems the only success they have comes from adding promotion after promotion to sale after sale each year. This never used to be the case and is a sure sign of a company in a death spin.
They are so enamored with the culture of Abercrombie and Fitch that every 3rd person is now a refugee from that failed retailer.
When a company discontinues it's charitable giving programs because of "poor return on investment" you know they've lost their heart and way.
Very sad.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Awful communication and superficial culture
Seasonal worker, not bad
Sales Associate and Cashier (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAOctober 15, 2018
It was not a bad place to work. Meet many new people, wear interesting clothes, great discount. The pay wasn't fantastic but at part-time and seasonal, it could have been worse.
Poor Management
Stock Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNOctober 11, 2018
The district manager was sleeping with store managers. He did not do his job, which included recruitment and hiring, training new management, and taking care of his stores.
Cons
Poor Management
Ok Work Environment
Associate Designer (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAOctober 10, 2018
There's not a lot of room for growth within the company if you are an Associate level designer. Work life balance can be better. They don't offer remote in access like other companies which is a disadvantage in this growing tech world.Computers that designers use can also use a complete overhaul. Way too much time spent on the phone with IT and way too many times spent restarting the computers for always freezing up.
8-11 prep
Chef (Current Employee) –  Spring, TXOctober 8, 2018
Work environment is nice co-workers great pay is 12 and up very fast paced and very busy job no slacking and paying attention to detail is very important have to be able to keep up with orders
Slow paced j
Floor soup manager (Current Employee) –  Paramus, NJOctober 7, 2018
Job use to be fun before management changed hands, now team feels like job turned into slave ship. Projects should be fun but still be serious about working. Management isn’t fair with hiring process and won’t let you move hire up no matter your years there. They want no waste their time in hiring on outside then hire with in the company
Pros
Max bonus
Cons
Short breaks
Sales Associate
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Annapolis, MDOctober 7, 2018
I opened the store, did inventory and stock, and worked the sales floor and cashier. It was a good environment with helpful employees. I would recommend the job to another.
Easy going place to work
Part-time sales associate (Former Employee) –  Waikele, HIOctober 3, 2018
They really push you to approach all customers and out in your two cents to what they should be wearing and getting them the best service possible. Overall, it was a pretty chill job. Since it was a more expensive store, the customers tended to be nicer and made working there more pleasant. Days mostly consist of folding clothes and rearranging the store while helping out customers to satisfy their needs.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tommy Bahama. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.1InHerSight Score

1.5Personal Development

2.6Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight