Tommy Bahama Employee Reviews

Upbeat enthusiastic and great guests
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Concord, NCJuly 17, 2018
Give a 100% and you will be recognized. TB wants to promote within. The company has gone through many transformations. Most impressive is they are making sure that the teams are trained and that policies are now followed and reviewed by all stores. No grey areas and district managers that are there to help and be more proactive. The atmosphere is beautiful and the majority of the guests are happy like the clothing they choose to purchase. Its the best part of the job to have fun with your guests. Life is one long weekend! The hardest part is probably when you have a slower day and your not achieving your goal. We all want to make out bonus at the end of the month.
Wonderful Workplace
Hostess/Busser (Current Employee) –  Jupiter, FLJuly 15, 2018
I have been working at Tommy Bahamas for around 3 years now, and it has been the most reliable, family orientated job I've worked at. The managers care about your personal life, and try their best to work with you. Guests build connections with all team members. And all staff members turn into family.
Pros
tipped, fast paced, updated technology
Cons
short staffed
Decent part time position
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLJune 29, 2018
Relaxed, part time, quarterly clothing allowance.Store is located within a location that has experienced numerous vacancies over the previous two years. The customer base is loyal to the brand.
Pros
clothing
Cons
compensation, benefits
it was fun
Assisting customers (Former Employee) –  Ft. Lauderdale, FLJune 20, 2018
I was 19 and needed a job. They hired me without any experience in the field and hey taught me everything i needed to know. It was hard to leave them but change is good.
Great Environment to work in
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Northbrook, ILJune 6, 2018
I enjoyed working here! It was just a summer job, and it was an overall great experience with a friendly staff and plenty of great benefits! Not to mention the great clothes!
Excellent Experience.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 1, 2018
Tommy Bahama had a great working environment that was welcoming for all customers and employees as well. I would recommend to anyone looking for a part-time job.
Low Pay
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Palm Desert, CAMay 27, 2018
They paid me way less than the young boys they hired after me with no work experience at all. I was told to quit and come back if I wanted a pay raise. Spoke to the district manager who did nothing about it. I had top sales repeatedly even as a part time associate which really did not mean anything as they do not pay commission anyway. Eventually found a better paying job with full benefits. Still love Tommy Bahamas anyway.
Pros
Discounts and free clothes, great team spirit.
Cons
No benefits, low pay no full time employment
Will never work there agin
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAMay 20, 2018
I was under paid, under valued, and worked with rascal people. I was the only latin woman at the location I was at . My word was under valued and no one cared.
Review
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CAMay 16, 2018
Due to the relative size of each store, my associates and I were very close. Only about 7 of us worked at the store and so it was a really great time to be so close with so many people.
Floor Supervisor Nov 1 2015 (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLMay 4, 2018
Wanted to transfer but the location had no positions available. They need to fill the position quicker than I could move down to the location. Very sorry to leave such a wonderful company.
Productive fun workplace
Stock Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCApril 28, 2018
Overall a pretty decent company to work for, ability to move up, but at times slow paced. Management at my particular store was superb and overall amazing!
Pretty solid starter job
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Farmington, CTApril 14, 2018
Working in college or high school, this is a good job. There is not much advancement within a single store. However, if you're willing to relocate, you can advance fairly quickly. The work environment is nice. It can be a little competitive, though.
Pros
Heavy discount
Cons
Low hours
dont miss it
PREP COOK (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 4, 2018
this was a crash course into kitchens in nyc. i liked it until i figured out there was no way i could get ahead there. and the travel to and from work late night was a pain
Cut throat
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Sandestin, FLMarch 27, 2018
Efficient kitchen, quality food. Clean. Management does not really concern themselves with the needs of their employees, but does give you room to advance.
Great Concept
Bar/FOH Manager (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 21, 2018
I really enjoyed my time with Tommy Bahama. Would have preferred more corporate structure, and the support team is definitely more familiar with retail than restaurant applications, but the energy was always positive, and I felt valued.
Teamwork
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMarch 20, 2018
Working in a team was a big part of this job. You did not get commissions. Management was on top of everything and kept things fun. Good hours. Strict call in policy.
Super Boring, Slow paced
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  ConnecticutMarch 20, 2018
Tommy Bahama is over priced, the only cool part of the job was you got free clothes. I hated how much you had to kiss butt to people & keep bugging costumers. Where I worked was super boring and majority of the time id show up to work and 2 hours later let me leave. worked for over a year and still never got a pay raise. employees would steal sales so they could reach their own sales goals which was pointless. Only pro I liked about this job was that we made bonus every month. Clothes are for an older crowd and you have to wear only tommy Bahamas to work.
Pros
discounts
Tommy Bahama
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 12, 2018
Tommy Bahama is a relaxed atmosphere with a collaborated selling culture. It is not commission based and everyone works together. This was one of my favorite jobs.
Relax In Style
Assistant Retail Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZMarch 7, 2018
Tommy Bahama is a company that is very loyal to their customers. They have relationships with other companies ie Maui Jims that are also great with customer service.
a productive work place you are almost always in the mix of things
Director of Operations Outlet Division (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMarch 5, 2018
I love to build things and the chance to create a new Outlet Division was what I wanted to do. Tommy is not afraid to throw you in the mix to see what you got. My growth from those experiences in building the Outlet Division and what I learned was unbelievable and very exciting. The people I met there; in the office or in the field are one of the best teams I've ever worked with.
So, if you get the chance to work there...don't pass it up.
Pros
Most of the Teams are great to be involved with good ideas come from the people.
Cons
some use Passive Aggression as the preferred sarcasm

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tommy Bahama. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.1InHerSight Score

1.5Personal Development

2.6Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight