Tommy Hilfiger Employee Reviews

Found 1,004 reviews matching the search See all 1,631 reviews
Manager (Former Employee) –  Paramus, NJOctober 13, 2018
I loved working for this company. Ive learned so much from my superiors and I've grown from when I first started. I've worked there for 4 years. It was a second home for me and I'm sure others as well. GSP had the best clientele by far and the greatest sales team.
Company has a great culture
STORE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Cabazon, CAOctober 11, 2018
The executive leadership team is inspiring and the company has a culture of people first. As long as upper management falls in line with the company culture it can be a great place to work.
sales Associates
Bilingual assistant (Former Employee) –  Florida City, FLOctober 5, 2018
You always have to do customer services,you need to be available when they need you. If your are doing your best,they always going to let you know that by giving you a certificate.
Fun work environment and relaxed dress code
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaOctober 3, 2018
The management team really works together ro make sure that your availability is followed, and while the dress code is pretty relaxed, we do have to make sure that anything we wear to work looks like, or is something that we sell.
Pros
Paid breaks, paternity / maternity leave after being employed long enough, recognition for hard work
Cons
Hard to get promoted sometimes
good job
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZOctober 3, 2018
Tommy was a great place to work, learn and grow within. The upper managenment was great and they gave great incentives as a manager. This is a job that you would definitely want!
Work, work, work
Full Time Floor Supervisor (Former Employee) –  MichiganOctober 3, 2018
The turnover rate in management is ridiculous, and that's because there's so little training and effort put in by the store manager. She picks favorites and if you're disliked, you will definitely be disregarded. The company itself is okay--they offer good benefits--but only to full-time managers. Managers are expected to do multiple things at once with little direction, poor communication, and a lack of time. Tons of theft happens in the store where I worked. I learned a lot about customer servicing, time management, multitasking, and merchandising, but the expectations were ultimately too unrealistic. There were several times when I wasn't allowed to take a break because there was no coverage, and I often had to work 7-9 days in a row without a day off. I could never take vacation, even with over 2 weeks of PTO--it had to be paid out to me at the end. I was sick once out of 6 months and was guilt-tripped relentlessly for it. I didn't feel valued as an employee, and the management was terrible, so I left.
Pros
Employee discount, Possibility to bonus
Cons
Short/Non-existent breaks, Low pay, Bad management, No time off
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  LimaOctober 3, 2018
As a well known and famous brand . The target of sales was always good, the hired a really good staff that know how to do their job.
Was a pleasure to work for TOMMY
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Shorts break
decent job to hold
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Sunrise, FLOctober 2, 2018
Its a good job to hold.

Managers give you autonomy.

You are not required to make a certain amount of sales. Managers will only oversee you a little bit.

Nice clothes and clean store.
Pros
discount on clothes
Cons
no paid breaks
Fast and slow paced during the week.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CA 91764September 28, 2018
Very positive atmosphere, can be very tiring and boring
After it becomes slow, but isn't that bad when you keep yourself busy. The break room would be very messy.
Lots of favoritism from Sm and lack of advancement no matter how hard you work.
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LaSeptember 28, 2018
The Only reason its gets any stars is because of a paycheck and benefits. The management lack compassion for your personal life and well being. To much favoritism and gossiping. An associate can work there for 6 months and a new associate can come in, kiss a lil butt and get more than that associate. No pay raises. No associates appreciation. If you looking for a part time job for extra cash go for it but a career I wouldnt recommend.
Pros
Time and half on holidays, discount
Cons
Favoritism, bad managment, no associate appreciation, no raises
Great environment and good energy throughout the days
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 26, 2018
- Constantly focused on mastering each department in the store.
- Tried our best to communicate with tourists (outside the U.S).
- Learned from different cultures because of various races that would come to the store.
Pros
Employee discounts on merchandise
Very slow job
Associate (Former Employee) –  Bluffton, SCSeptember 25, 2018
While working for Tommy Hilfiger, the job isn’t hard to do but I will say it is a very boring one. You don’t really get to do much or even interact with people because of how slow it is
Seasonal Job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Allen, TXSeptember 22, 2018
This was a seasonal job, lasted a few days during the Thanksgiving/Black Friday sales. Highly stressful during this time, but I was only there for the two or three days.
Can be annoying.
Sale (Current Employee) –  Camarillo, CASeptember 22, 2018
Get better managers. HR is cool n all but some other managers are disrespectful. Literally had it. You get pulled to the side and talked to for talking with a customer getting to know them. And you get in trouble if you’re just walking around trying to help people when people don’t want help you get yelled at. It goes back and forth.
Great job, great upper management, great culture...but opportunites come to those in higher volume stores!
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Gonzales, LASeptember 20, 2018
Overall great company to work for but opportunities only come to those who work in big box volume stores. When you work in a small volume store, like myself, you will be confined to that store for most of your career.
Pros
Great enviroment, family oriented, monthly bonuses
Cons
Low pay, long hours on some days, shoplifting, confined to small box storess with no room for growth
I was fine working there.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  AlbertaSeptember 20, 2018
The best part of the job was talking, meeting with people all ages, genres and nationalities. Helping them. The hardest part was sometimes in the morning unpacking merchandise at high velocity and some staff attitudes.
Pros
Talking to customers
Cons
Gossiping
great customer service, lovely people
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Tamuning, GUSeptember 20, 2018
Tommy Hilfiger is a great brand! Beautiful clothes, great associates, great managers, great people! Always busy, always crowded and packed with customers. Love the Tommy Hilfiger environment!
Pros
Great Associates
Cons
Long lines, packed, short breaks
Huge Discounts as an employee.
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Goodyear, AZSeptember 19, 2018
This was my first job. I began in Junior year all the way up to Sophomore year in college and they were great to me. I did move up to become management but since i was offered another job with better pay and flexible hours it was a no brainier.
fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Orange, CASeptember 18, 2018
I only worked here during the holidays. Was very busy and the people I worked with were very friendly. The job itself can become very hectic but is also a great learning experience to help with developing customer service skills.
Pros
coworkers
Cons
over night shifts
Keep you late sometimes.
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth, NJSeptember 17, 2018
Not that bad, you just have to keep up a fast pace. Discounts are really good and they have another thing where on the third week of every month they have a special deal for the employees.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tommy Hilfiger. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.2InHerSight Score

2.8Personal Development

3.5Career Opportunities

3.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight