Tomra Of North America Employee Reviews

do not work hear
Yard (Former Employee) –  Farmington, NYFebruary 15, 2019
no life just work. do what they want and that is IT. do not work hear management is no good at all
!!!!. get a good job not a bad one
job like this one way better places out there to work!!!
Pros
lunch
Cons
lunch
Do not work here
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Farmington, NYJanuary 24, 2019
Honestly the WORST job i ever had.
Good example of corporate greed that a company could do.
I saw someone get fired because he a disability that they knew of.
To my knowledge there were 2 bosses and they were brothers and they always made really off putting decisions.
Coming into work 2 hours early and getting the same amount of work done regardless with Basically getting no big bump in overtime

The pay isnt even worth it. Toooo much hardwork for TOOOO little pay.

If i could give this place a zero rating i would.
Pros
Lunch
Cons
A garbage company and even worse mangement
technican (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 10, 2019
This company is a complete joke. The management is full of used car salesman mentality, and most of the workers lack any intelligence. They want you working on dirty, garbage, rodent filled equipment. AVOID COMPANY AT ALL COSTS.
Poorly managed
Driver (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYDecember 28, 2018
Poor management. Management does not comprehend the job that they expect to be done. They do not provide you with the materials needed to do the job.
Pros
Time off
Cons
Poorly managed
Company is being run poorly
Driver (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, NYMay 17, 2018
The office staff big wigs are running it into the ground. Taking everything from the workers and giving better bonuses to them selves. Taking needed equipment away and placing in other locations because they play favorites. Poor management decisions in the higher up jobs. Local manager is ok. Decent insurance and days off and 401k.
Pros
Good benefits, time off, uniform and boots
Cons
Poor woork morale, no equipment. No care from management. Poor work environment. Ask to much for so little
I started when the company was young
Repair Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Stratford, CTFebruary 27, 2018
If you ever get the chance of starting with a small, but upcoming company, I highly recommend it. I went far in this company, leading all electronic activities. I led management meetings, trained all Electronic Technicians from all states that recycle, and so much more. I was in the right place at the right time, and thrived!
Pros
An unbelievable opportunity!
Responsive management
Maintenance Tech (Current Employee) –  Wixom, MIFebruary 7, 2016
You are the daily decision manager on what are your work priority's. You are allowed to innovate and pass these changes to your workmates.
Pros
open atmosphere
Cons
long commute
good place to work
Commercial Class A Route Driver (Former Employee) –  South Windsor, CTOctober 27, 2015
what can I say it was a great place to work. Manager was demanding but it brought out the best in everyone to get the job done. In 2008 we went accident and injury free. only left because a better opportunity had presented itself to me.
Pros
good boss, good coworkers
Cons
at times dirty work but nothing too horrible
Good company
Director of Customer Service of Oregon (Former Employee) –  Milwaukie, ORApril 7, 2015
This was a good company to work for, but closed our business unit down. The company had good paid time off and medical benefits.
The Lead U.S. Electronic Technician
Repair Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Stratford, CTJuly 31, 2012
TOMRA of North America was yet another young and upcoming company that I had the honor to start with. It was an honor to walk into work and greet the President, Chief Executive Officer, and Chief Financial Officer daily. How many companies exist today that you not only see the President daily but he is actually generally interested in what you have to say as a Technician? That was the TOMRA that I remember. Work was always done on time and rarely was there a mistake made. It was no surprise when our stock split three times in one year.
I landed the role of Repair Supervisor six month after I started. I trained all the Electronic Technicians from the US States as seen on top of an empty beverage container. Exciting only begins to describe my role at TOMRA.
Pros
being the creator of the u.s. repair department
Cons
n/a