TOMS Shoes Employee Reviews

Sales determine hours given
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cabazon, CAMay 10, 2018
During my time working at TOMS shoes my issue was how hours were given. Hours were not guarenteed. You were forced to compete with other associates to make sales. The better sales you had ,the better your hours were. If you had mediocre sales ,or weren't as good of a salesman as another associate you could end up with little to no hours. No commison,and no room for advancement.
Pros
Free shoes
Cons
Poor sales; no hours
Great Company
Event Coordinator & Manager (Former Employee) –  Venice, CAApril 22, 2018
Fun working environment
Really loved working for a company with the heart to give back
Loved learning about all the gives and sharing in that mission
Fun Environment with Good Music
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Venice, CAMarch 8, 2018
I LOVED THIS JOB. I was working here when I was still in community college, and it was an amazing experience. I had a team that was so friendly and enjoyable to be around with. Just the manager was one of the cons. He was very particular about things, and it showed he really wanted employees respect him as a manager because he became more authoritative, when TOMS is more of a relaxed environment.
Pros
free coffee and tea, great discounts
Good experience if you're young and determined to learn in a new work atmosphere
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Mira Loma, CAJanuary 25, 2018
Working through the work agency gave off something that other workers there didn't respect you. Although as a open minded person I am, I expected myself to learn discipline and the culture of an 40 hour weekly schedule.
Pros
First full time job
Cons
Lack of respect toward work agency workers
Amazing company culture
Store Associate (Current Employee) –  USANovember 27, 2017
I love what TOMS represents in the business world. There is something so special about this company and it's approach to the people in it. Lately, with the downturn in the retail industry, it has started to feel as though some of these values are being stretched but our leadership never ceases to amaze me with their ability to come right back to the heart of what we're about - Improving lives through business. Let's hope this never gets lost! The only difficulty right now is finding opportunities for advancement. If I weren't a go-getter, I wouldn't be looking elsewhere but there are simply not enough opportunities in the foreseeable future.
Relaxed environment with big impact
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORSeptember 25, 2017
There wasn't much room for growth in the retail stores, but it was very relaxed and it is nice to know that your work has a great and global impact. The company changes a lot (pro or con based on your work style)
Relaxed Environment. Great Teamwork.
Barista/Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 5, 2017
Everything is about teamwork at TOMS. We are encouraged to all do well together. I enjoyed being a part of the family and working in such an easy-going environment.
Pros
Free coffee and tea drinks.
Cons
Low Pay. Minimal Advancement
Poor Management, lack of direction and vision
Other (Current Employee) –  HQAugust 29, 2017
used to be a fun and cool place to be. however, it's losing it all. nowadays, it's lack of overall company identity, vision and direction. poor management team. overall morale is low.
Good place to be.
Sales Associate/ Social Media Lead (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 19, 2017
Great company to work for. The only downfall is the way the corporate aspects are changing and becoming less people oriented and more focused on expansion. But there are good teams and great people oriented staff.
Not bad
Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 23, 2017
TOMS was an exciting place to work and management was great. I was there via Accountemps, so I cannot speak to the benefits there; free coffee bar too.
Pros
Employee lunches
Cons
No privacy
Fun, inspiring, forward thinking company
accounts payable (Current Employee) –  Playa Vista, CANovember 5, 2015
TOMS allows you to bring your dog to work. They have their own barista that makes whatever you like up until 11 am. The office is very open and all managers with exception of a few sit with the staff they manage. We have happy hours and all employees go on a giving trip a year after employment. We also do a retreat every year that is awesome for team building. This is an amazing company and will be around for many years to come. If you love to help people and work for a good cause, TOMS is the place to be.
Pros
Free shoe, free healthcare, bring your dog to work.
Cons
Can be who is most liked when it comes to promotions.
Decent
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 14, 2015
Decent mid sized company to work for when easing out of the corporate life. It helps to have a boss who understands the work life balance as well as someone who does care for your personal growth in your career. That may not be the case for all.
A company with great values that misses the mark on employee/management relations.
Customer Service Rep (Temporary) (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 2, 2015
I worked for the company as a temporary, full-time employee. It was difficult not to be impressed with TOMS in my first days of employment. The strong brand recognition and industry respect the company has is very evident when you first get to the office campus (I call it a campus). The high tech security, well manicured grounds, modern design of the building, and the imposing TOMS flag flapping in the wind all give it a particular air that the employees carry around with them. The management perpetuates this vibe of "you're lucky to work here." I constantly felt like I was competing with my co-workers for the management's approval.
I did learn to be very self sufficient there and very productive. They want you to be highly efficient and productive and they don't accept anything less. TOMS taught me a lot about time management. They did not grow as quickly as they did to a mega retail player by accident. It ran like a machine. It was completely a routine job. I like the structure of it but it was not inspiring.
Pros
prestigious company, great work life balance
Cons
management was not approachable
Very organized management and comfortable yet fast-paced environment.
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 2, 2015
In the beginning I was helping ring up customers at the register, then I was relocated to the sunglasses booth to sell sunglasses. For the most part, I had to know the sunglasses available, provide the benefits of each purchase from Toms Shoes (One for One), know the difference between what each sunglasses lenses provides, and verbally communicate with the customers with a helpful and respective manner. Then later on I would go back and forth helping in the back stockroom, to organize shoes and put them out on the floor when necessary.
A good place to work
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 10, 2014
Typical Day is 9-6
Most Managers really look out for you
Great Goal - wanting to change the world
It is a okay place to work.
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Playa Vista, CAApril 9, 2014
I really don't have much to say. I really don't wish to participate in this. Whoever wants to apply for a job here will find out when they arrive. It is not the worst place to work.
Easy Going Atmosphere with great Managers
Shift Lead Café/Retail (Current Employee) –  Venice, CAMay 22, 2013
Great place to come to work everyday. Always something new and exciting just around the corner!
Productive and fun work place with slides and ping pong tables
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Marina Del Ray, CaMay 21, 2013
TOMS has a wonderful mission "One for One" Working here was very comfortable with friendly co-workers. I learned different systems an sharpened my customer service skills.Many managers were amazing an made it enjoyable to want to come to work every day.
Pros
Healthcare, Spirit days, Comfortable work place
Cons
Lack of communication
Fun Workplace
Campus Representative (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia,PAJune 28, 2012
• Maintain awareness on campus for the TOMS shoe brand and their “One for One” mission
• Help run “TOMS One Day Without Shoes” event, including publicity and awareness, encouraging students and faculty on campus to go a day without shoes so children around the world don’t have
A great artistic outlet
SYS Shoe Artist (Current Employee) –  DFWApril 20, 2012
Being a TOMS shoe artist is a great artistic outlet as well as a satisfying feeling of being a part of humanitarian efforts