Toolots Inc.

Working at Toolots Inc.: 12 Reviews

United States12 reviews

Unorganized, People do not last long here

Work is not equally distributed and often times hard workers are taken advantage of. There is little to no training. Workers get along and people seem friendly most of the time.

Pros

1 hour lunch

Cons

Lack of equipment, little concern for safety

Avoid don't work here its THAT bad

Unprofessional, rude and micromanaged from ceo and management. The work practices are awful and customers just complain all day. You're expected to work awful programs and talk to angry customers because the company does them bad. People are always leaving because management is toxic. Nothing works because they are always being cheap cutting corners yet expect you to work with barely anything with a high work. They don't give raises and abuse what little employees have at work. Toxic

Pros

1 lunch

Cons

Toxic work environment

Toolots Inc. insights

Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Sense of belonging

Toxic and Hostile working environment.

The CEO is the main problem. He acts like a child but yet is almost 60 years old. If you want to work and not get your paycheck on time then this is the right place for you. Unless the CEO quits or is fired of his duties nothing will get solved. He tries to micromanage everything and everyone and when you do what he tells you and its fails he try's to blame your for his terrible decision making. He has no prior experience in any of his duties yet makes the final decision on everything. This company is run like a Chinese company. No raises, no benefits, only have 4 holidays off a year, you can never take vacation because they will reject your request for it every time. They basically want you to work like a robot and pay you the same amount they pay their people in China. Even if your off the clock and at home the CEO expects you to work and do everything like it's your life on the line. He can't pay you on time but makes sure all his finances are dealt with no matter the problem. You can find a job that pays you way more with half the amount of work and tasks assigned to you.

Pros

Getting off work

Cons

Won't give me enough space to list them all here, let's just say if you enjoy living a miserable life then toolots is the place for you.

Productive and comfortale place there

working there is productitive, office is clean, everybody is helpfull there, there is some training to help your growing. Many opportunity for any position

Pros

no overtime

Cons

healthcare

Company is the worst

I was overworked and taken advantage of. I was hit on by my boss and he said i would get paid a certain amount and i never was paid that. They only keep people through the agency and fire them for any reason.

Respond to emails, set tasks for the day and complete. inspect and relocate returned products. Management was very lenient but helpful. Other employees there were helpful when needed.

Surreal experience

The initial demeanor of the employees is as to be expected: professional, kind, helpful and welcoming. I felt like I was on my way to embarking on a new career which was quite a confidence boost. Communication (when convenient to those whom you seek assistance from) is above average, some people here really take their position seriously, mainly those who were there from the start / early on. Health benefits are quite a package deal, establishment is quite clean, but only a couple employees make a point to promote overall cleanliness. Nobody here abuses their workstation. Warehouse has a showroom which is quite exciting to tour, being able to go back there at any time (as an employee of course) allows for one to see some machines up close. Support among coworkers is fair, perhaps would be much greater with a higher employee count and overall understanding of direction. I was acknowledged for some of the growth I had made during my time there, this was crucial for me to know I was valued and I will say that when you are acknowledged for getting more and more accustomed to your job, it can really help newcomers feel confident to continue learning. You "have the ability" to learn about these machines, I personally was somewhat able to learn how a couple products work based on the few videos available (and trying to make sense of the owners manual when videos weren't there). Inconsistency in almost every field imaginable. Misinformation on roles and responsibilities was my introduction to the company, I applied for a position that I was informed was available and needed filling -

Pros

Mandatory hour lunch (considerably refreshing), benefits seemingly comfortable.

Cons

Unprofessional office etiquette, little/no communication or training

Start Up Companies are NOT for everyone

This was just not my place to be. There were some truly great people employed there, just has a lot of work to do before the company will be the high profile global name they want to be.

Fast paced

Hard working fast paced friendly managers helpful team member's big on safety and safety equipment delivery good truck. ..............................

Experience with Toolots was bittersweet

My time with Toolots may have been temporary but it truly was an unforgettable experience. There's definitely room for advancement as it is a start up. (Yes, Toolots is in fact a start up since the owner does still manage their other companies alongside Toolots). A lot of employees there are promoted quickly however due to miscommunication or misunderstanding of certain positions, your job security can be questioned. You can learn quite a lot in a short amount of time which is great. The workplace culture needs a lot of improvement. While the HR/Company Culture Manager is doing a fantastic job on their part, it's not a standalone issue. Management is outstanding and hardworking. However, Executive Management needs to entrust Management in doing their roles and be open to improvement otherwise employee retention won't improve and Toolots won't become the successful business it has the potential to become. Hardest parts of working at Toolots? Questioning your job security or feeling that others may create a conflict from something that has potential to be incorrectly perceived. Executive Management also needs to be openminded to change and be accommodating. As well as others not being mindful of picking up after themselves. Most enjoyable parts of working at Toolots? Definitely your collegeaues. The reason why there's four stars. Toolots has an outstanding set of diverse staff. The experience you will accumulate there, and definitely the relaxed environment.

Pros

Great Health Benefits, Pto, 401K, Job Advancement, Employees, Competitive Wages

Cons

Miscommunication, Employee Retention, Job Security, Most of Executive Management

Incredibly toxic work culture. Avoid at all costs.

Management is incredibly toxic/unprofessional and will belittle and bully you. Will not hesitate to talk trash behind your back and does not hide that you are expendable and replaceable to them. Work culture is incredibly toxic with the senior level management being the worst. Will not work with your schedule. In busy times, team was communicative. In slower times, team talks trash as well and culture is non-inclusive. They claim that they are a startup, but owner has been in business for a long time in China and will use that as an excuse to pay you way lower than current industry pay.

Pros

Easy to move up

Cons

toxic management, unprofessional, non -inclusive.

Long over due review

I've been meaning to write this review and it's long overdue. If you're desperate for a job then go ahead & apply. But if you want to feel good about the the company you're supporting then this isn't the place. You'll be expected to wear a dozen different "hats" with no compensation & bare minimum training. They'll give the excuse that they're a "startup" yet the owner has been in business for decades here & in China. Keep looking.

Pros

Good places to eat nearby on your forced 1hr lunch

Cons

Owner, low pay, filthy building, tiny desks

Common questions about Toolots Inc.

Answered by current and former employees at Toolots Inc.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Toolots Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.3 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits