Toolworks Employee Reviews

janitor and washing dishes
Janitor (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAFebruary 14, 2019
yes I love hard working dishes and janitor everyday good team teach me how learn prepare food following receipt .. gerneral manger friendly and helping team learning experience bake sweet and prepare food
Pros
free food
Cons
no benefit
Environment, Staffs and clients
Community Integration Specialist (Former Employee) –  Concord, CAJune 27, 2018
Toolworks is a great program for individuals with disabilities , staffs and managers are always finding different ways to help the clients achieve their goals, very positive environment. Pay is great! Staffs are friendly and positive, benefits are good! It can get overwhelming depending on the day however most of the time the days go by fast and really good.
Pros
Pay, benefits, staffs are friendly, clients
Good company
volunteer, and employments sites of their choosing (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 24, 2018
I love toolworks. Very professional and always meet your needs.. this company is very good provide full training to each staff to make sure each staff understand and know what
Pros
Bonus
Cons
Low pay
Community Integration Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 21, 2018
Toolworks is a nonprofit which allows for lots of growth in a culture of compassion and dedicated work. I met a lot of great people who worked there, and had supportive coworkers and supervisors.
Diverse staff and laid back work environment. Horrible upper Management.
Manager (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJanuary 14, 2018
The upper management sucks. They provide zero to no support for staff. They have no clue how to budget money so they cut positions and give supervisors double the work with no extra pay or incentives.

They also lack the proper tools needed to perform your task.
Pros
Diverse laid back work environment. Provides lots of service for adults with disabilities.
Cons
Horrible upper management. Not paid your worth. Overloaded with work, No training
Community Integrative Specialist
Community Integrative Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CANovember 28, 2017
Nice a flexible job. Hours are 6-8 hours depending on group you are managing. Great culture and great clients to work with. Great for Direct care among people with disabilities. This is a very active job and will require you to go around San Francisco to attend different activities and/or meeting clients.
A great organization who take care of its employees
A/R Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CANovember 28, 2017
It is an excellent organization to work for. They are a non-profit which helps people with disability.

They are fair with their employees and try to provide with the tools necessary to perform their jobs.
Amazing people, little pay
Community Integration Specialist (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAMarch 21, 2017
If you are a committed social service worker that doesn't mind pay over personal accomplishment then this is your job. As a community integration specialist, your job is to help guide individuals with developmental disorders with their recreational, volunteer, and employment duties. In the profession, you meet amazing people and learn a lot about developmental disorder and other various mental disabilities. However, the pay is very little compared to the amount of work you put in. Overall, the Community Integration Specialist position is very self rewarding and is a great starting job into a career in social service work.
productive job
Vocational Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMarch 19, 2017
I only work there for 3 months as this was a contract job. However, I do find myself promote in many ways. If this was a full time job, I would have go for it.
Pros
Well paid
Cons
need more employees with disabilities hiring
Cleaned site
Janitor (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAFebruary 23, 2017
Cleaned and organized offices, collected garbage, dusted, mopped, vacuum, and washed windows.

Enjoyed learning how to use the tools
Pros
team members
Cons
Customers making a mess
Primary responsibilities
Community Support Facilitator (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CASeptember 10, 2015
Supervised Deaf/Hard of Hearing/Deaf-Blind, clients with disabilities
Taught and helped them to develop independent living, social, physical and recreational skills.
Loved to learn about challenging with clients when thier necessary and therapy.
Helped clients to learn with their chores and homework, transportation, bills, appointments, activists.
Supervised program instructors in leading activities for clients.
Maintained reports and updates and files for the clients.
The most enjoyable part of the job when clients successed as well.
I work well with my clients who have disabilities. I have a very calm nature and do everything possible to understand their needs.
Community Living Facilitator (Current Employee) –  San FranciscoSeptember 8, 2015
My day is very hectic and I work with multiple clients during the week with varying needs; so I have to adapt myself very quickly to the demands of meeting the needs of each client. I also plan for their appointments with doctors; shopping and balancing their accounts. I have learnt a lot during the last 5 years and my efforts are very much appreciated by the clients and their families. The families have also informed management regarding my sincere efforts to take care of the clients.
best location to work in bay area.
Janitorial Technician/Utility Worker (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 2, 2015
I had the tools to learn the proper tech to clean large commercial jobs. I look forward to going to work there. The teachers are honest and fair.
Great learning experiences
Training Cordinator (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CANovember 20, 2013
This training program is wonderful to help people get back on their feet and to see them grow helped me to grow.
My co-workers where great and very helpful. I still work for them occasional.
Fair
Janitor (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 19, 2013
This is a place where you can get paid janitorial job training.
The only problem with workig with these people is that some of the people that they hire are still using drugs and/or drinking, so you have to work around these issues.