Toolworks

Toolworks Employee Reviews

It was okay working there
It was a long time ago but it was a normal experience for me working there, like any other job as a janitor. As a young adult, it was very average, not too difficult but not too easy.
Great returning to being productive after an unpleasant sojourn.
After being out of work for over a decade due to an illness and other issues, becoming a recycle sorter for Toolworks in San Francisco, may have been a messy and smelly task, but it was like finding an Advil bottle in the medicine cabinet after stumbling about with a headache for a long time. But it was so much more than that. It was an antidepressant. A sleep aid. A diet. A stress reducer. Clearly, I would like to be nothing more than being productive and of some value.
Pros
Fellow workers and a compassionate management.
Cons
messy and smelly task..
Nice place, low pay
This is a great organization. It does not pay enough for the Bay area. I had a mostly positive experience working there. I did love working with the clients, developmentally disabled adults.
Relaxed but busy.
Enjoyable place to work. Learned many new skills. Busy at times. Customers were easy to work with. Got to learn how to get around the city. Sorry the place closed.
janitor and washing dishes
yes I love hard working dishes and janitor everyday good team teach me how learn prepare food following receipt .. gerneral manger friendly and helping team learning experience bake sweet and prepare food
Pros
free food
Cons
no benefit
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
Environment, Staffs and clients
Toolworks is a great program for individuals with disabilities , staffs and managers are always finding different ways to help the clients achieve their goals, very positive environment. Pay is great! Staffs are friendly and positive, benefits are good! It can get overwhelming depending on the day however most of the time the days go by fast and really good.
Pros
Pay, benefits, staffs are friendly, clients
Good company
I love toolworks. Very professional and always meet your needs.. this company is very good provide full training to each staff to make sure each staff understand and know what
Pros
Bonus
Cons
Low pay
Toolworks is a nonprofit which allows for lots of growth in a culture of compassion and dedicated work. I met a lot of great people who worked there, and had supportive coworkers and supervisors.
Diverse staff and laid back work environment. Horrible upper Management.
The upper management sucks. They provide zero to no support for staff. They have no clue how to budget money so they cut positions and give supervisors double the work with no extra pay or incentives.

They also lack the proper tools needed to perform your task.
Pros
Diverse laid back work environment. Provides lots of service for adults with disabilities.
Cons
Horrible upper management. Not paid your worth. Overloaded with work, No training
Community Integrative Specialist
Nice a flexible job. Hours are 6-8 hours depending on group you are managing. Great culture and great clients to work with. Great for Direct care among people with disabilities. This is a very active job and will require you to go around San Francisco to attend different activities and/or meeting clients.
A great organization who take care of its employees
It is an excellent organization to work for. They are a non-profit which helps people with disability.

They are fair with their employees and try to provide with the tools necessary to perform their jobs.
Amazing people, little pay
If you are a committed social service worker that doesn't mind pay over personal accomplishment then this is your job. As a community integration specialist, your job is to help guide individuals with developmental disorders with their recreational, volunteer, and employment duties. In the profession, you meet amazing people and learn a lot about developmental disorder and other various mental disabilities. However, the pay is very little compared to the amount of work you put in. Overall, the Community Integration Specialist position is very self rewarding and is a great starting job into a career in social service work.
productive job
I only work there for 3 months as this was a contract job. However, I do find myself promote in many ways. If this was a full time job, I would have go for it.
Pros
Well paid
Cons
need more employees with disabilities hiring
Cleaned site
Cleaned and organized offices, collected garbage, dusted, mopped, vacuum, and washed windows.

Enjoyed learning how to use the tools
Pros
team members
Cons
Customers making a mess
Primary responsibilities
Supervised Deaf/Hard of Hearing/Deaf-Blind, clients with disabilities
Taught and helped them to develop independent living, social, physical and recreational skills.

Loved to learn about challenging with clients when thier necessary and therapy.

Helped clients to learn with their chores and homework, transportation, bills, appointments, activists.

Supervised program instructors in leading activities for clients.

Maintained reports and updates and files for the clients.

The most enjoyable part of the job when clients successed as well.
I work well with my clients who have disabilities. I have a very calm nature and do everything possible to understand their needs.
My day is very hectic and I work with multiple clients during the week with varying needs; so I have to adapt myself very quickly to the demands of meeting the needs of each client. I also plan for their appointments with doctors; shopping and balancing their accounts. I have learnt a lot during the last 5 years and my efforts are very much appreciated by the clients and their families. The families have also informed management regarding my sincere efforts to take care of the clients.
best location to work in bay area.
I had the tools to learn the proper tech to clean large commercial jobs. I look forward to going to work there. The teachers are honest and fair.
Great learning experiences
This training program is wonderful to help people get back on their feet and to see them grow helped me to grow.
My co-workers where great and very helpful. I still work for them occasional.
Fair
This is a place where you can get paid janitorial job training.
The only problem with workig with these people is that some of the people that they hire are still using drugs and/or drinking, so you have to work around these issues.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Toolworks. Our community is ready to answer.
Ratings from women
InHerSight Score
3.0Personal Development
4.0Career Opportunities
4.0Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight