Topcon Employee Reviews

Old fashioned and poor structure
Marketing (Former Employee) –  Livermore, CAAugust 13, 2018
This is a very old fashioned company that claims to be a tech company but refuses to have a tech company culture for it's employees. They pay is absolutely horrible and you need a 2nd job just to makes ends meet. The CEO claims every year that they are making record sales, yet they never brought back the Christmas or Fiscal year end bonuses that they cut 12 years ago. If you mess up a ton, don't worry, you'll get promoted. If you do well, you will definitely never be noticed and rot away in the same position for decades unless you kiss up to your director because how well you perform has absolutely nothing to do with how you are noticed or promoted.
Pros
Decent vacation time
Cons
poor pay, constantly moving structures, no bonuses, zero appreciation
NO structure
Document Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  Livermore, CAMay 14, 2018
NO structure, no standard operating procedures, management is somewhat questionable, departments throw each other under the bus. Commute was excellent
stressful environment
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Livermore, CADecember 2, 2017
I worked for this company through an agency, after 7 months there was still no signs of being hired permanently so I left, the line leads are thoroughly nasty people to be around, always looking over your shoulder and if you make a mistake with your work, you have to go to a meeting which are held at the end of each week and sit there with all the other people that made a mistake that week and discuss your mistake with management.....basically treated like school kids....no thanks, this job wasn't for me.
Pros
nice friendly work associates
Cons
management and no advancement.
Not a good place to work for
Operation (Former Employee) –  LivermoreOctober 27, 2017
Not a good working place, manager is not responsible or respectful, does not appreciate what you do, does not look for positive side, only looks for negative sides
Pros
something to do
Cons
manager is not respectful
Great Atmosphere
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Livermore, CAMay 23, 2017
I've worked for TopCon for a year and the experience was good. People are friendly and my task of my job was security guard at the front desk. I've met people from China and other places from TopCon to conference or business.
Pros
Free lunches, good customer service, and friendly
Cons
Time management
its ok
Helper (Former Employee) –  McAllen, TXMarch 30, 2017
its ok to start off not really a good company to stay with not much to say about this company it could be better and have more work hope it help people out to get started
Its a great Place to work
Warehouse worker (Current Employee) –  Olathe, KSJuly 24, 2016
A typical day at work at topcon is just picking and packing orders, and unloading trucks. Processing orders through UPS/FEDEX through our computer program
Productive Day
Production Admin (Current Employee) –  Livermore, CAApril 7, 2015
Typical busy Month is March everything must ship. Lots of overtime. Co workers are easy to work with very friendly atmospher
Pros
free coffee
Cons
short breaks
Concerned about employees well being, family environment company
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Livermore, CAJune 25, 2013
Very relaxed working environment, the job offered mild and steady learning challenges but not overly stressful. I worked for them eight years, they were the best working years in my working career.The company reduced the working force in 2008. If it was not for that I would still be there working for them.
Pros
Very nice Christmas party
Cons
Very small pay raises
Employees are Well Respected
Debug Technician (Former Employee) –  Livermore, CAApril 24, 2013
One of their strongest points was that my management worked pretty much side-by-side with the production team and would allow input on how the work could be streamlined.
Pros
free coffee in the lunch room with a huge variety of coffees and teas to choose from.
Cons
long commute.