Topgolf Employee Reviews

Great place to work! If you can hang.
Marketing / Platinum Host / Sales / Guest Services (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 20, 2018
One thing about Topgolf is that they are looking for certain outgoing people. Edgy spirit, talkative people that fit the culture of the brand. The venue is an amazing, fun space with people happy to be there. Everyone asked me how work was cause it was the place to be at the time. after a year or so, they started getting very strict on those who were hired at day one. I felt and heard that they were clearing out and getting new faces in. Thats exactly what happened to me
Competitive work environment, that drives you to be better.
Barback (Former Employee) –  Gilbert, AZJune 15, 2018
Great company to work for, employees were relateable and always willing to help. Management was clear with direction, and team leaders ensured all expectations were met.
Pros
Free lunches, paid time off.
Cons
Commute
Fun workplace
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 14, 2018
Very fun environment.
Interact with Guests on a daily basis
Endless positions: Golf Services, Food/drink runner, Bartender, Busser.
Create an experience for the guests.
Pros
Fun Environment
n/a
Hospitatilty Manager (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZJune 11, 2018
Fun environment and they let you be yourself. Benefits are probably the best that I have ever had. A lot of room for advancement with the company expanding.
Fun work environment, but management wasn't easy to work with.
Team Lead/Sales Admin/Bayhost (Current Employee) –  Midvale, UTJune 10, 2018
Definitely a fun work environment with all Topgolf associates. The management is never really on the same page and at times inappropriate. Overall really good money as a bay host (server).
Pros
Money
Cons
Has potential to be a great place if different management
Office Admin (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAJune 9, 2018
Managers can get away with anything.... and it depends on who you have to look out for you. If you dont have anyone who is your friend it is tough. People will look for any mistake you make to be against you. But it's because head of management made everyone turn on one another instead of being a strong team.

There are opportunities for some advancement but expect to be used for managements advantage in order to get where you want. Write ups are often unfair and the punishments are excessive and unrealistic. The wrong people with petty motives are currently in charge and it doesnt allow room for growth or any fairness. You always have to watch your back.
Pros
When at its best, you can meet some new interesting people and make some money if you are a server or hosting events.
Cons
Some people get away with being late while others dont. Its unfair and is based on popularity.
Fun workplace
Food Runner and Busser (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAJune 8, 2018
Enjoyable working with a large staff. Very team oriented. Hours can be late and long. In my experience managers were very laid back but still goal oriented.
Stay away
Guest Services (Former Employee) –  Gilbert, AZJune 7, 2018
If you don’t fit their image of who they want they will find ways to cut your hours and make you quit. Most manager have their own agenda of who they want to see succeed, fail and who they want gone.
Good job while attending school.
Customer Service Department, Cashier (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CAJune 5, 2018
Daily meeting before every shift. Kept everyone on the same page, meetings were well organized. It was a fun job and I enjoyed my time working there. The only con I can think of is that there are so many employees that sometimes it was difficult for the managers to take note of every employee.
Pros
Good people. Good environment.
Cons
Hard to get noticed.
Manager not good
Cook (Former Employee) –  The Colony, TXMay 29, 2018
I did not want to work more with them for the managers that are not a work team, so I decided to look for another job where I worked as a team and ordered and had communication. to have a better performance at work
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short break
Productive and quick paced
Guest Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Miami Gardens, FLMay 27, 2018
The culture is very promoted, living Topgolf as it is a brand, not a company. They attempt to treat you like family and be there for you when needed. This is all done while keeping profits and the business model in mind at all times.
fun but stressful
Guest Service Associate (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 24, 2018
It was very fun working at Topgolf there was always something going on but on busy days it could be very stressful. Either the coworkers were laid back or they were very intense no inbetween.
Pros
free jackets
Cons
short breaks
We all worked together like a family
Server (Current Employee) –  Roseville, CAMay 23, 2018
Topgolf is a great and fun place to work. It is a fast paced environment but still always walking around with a smile. My job is to make sure that the guest are always happy and enjoying there time while at topgolf.
The most enjoyable part of my job
Barback/Bartender/Shift Lead (Current Employee) –  Fishers, INMay 21, 2018
I'd say the most enjoyable part of my job is being able to experience new people every time I serve a drink. I love meeting new people and I love catering to their needs when its appropriate.
Pros
meet new people and making drinks
Cons
drama
Fast paced work environment with young staff
Hospitality Manager (Current Employee) –  Naperville, ILMay 20, 2018
With such a large building doing as many covers a day as they do, this building is well equipped for large influxes of guests. Our younger staff makes for a lively environment for our guests.
Amazing culture at Topgolf!
Bayhost (Server) (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 19, 2018
Topgolf is the best place to work!! I fell in love when I went through my training classes and will always tell people to work there. It is a great environment and I have nothing negative to say
Great Place
Cook (Former Employee) –  Wood Dale, ILMay 18, 2018
Great place to work. Learned a lot about working with a chef and sous chef. Fun job. Free golf balls, so on days off you can hit the driving range. yes.
Shiity
Busser/Food Runner (Former Employee) –  Edison, NJMay 17, 2018
You work the longest hours for bare minimum pay....That pretty much sums it all up. Can be fun at times, the majority of the time some one is always complaining about something dumb. The whole place was full of babies when i worked there.
Pros
You can breathe their air for free
Cons
Everyone is always complaining about something
Fun Place Bad Hours
Guest Services Rep (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALMay 16, 2018
Topgolf wasn't the place for me. the pay was good but the pay doesn't matter when you have maybe 6 hours a week. You can't live off of that. Most Days you go without a break.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Bad Hours
Job farm
Barback/Bartender (Current Employee) –  Roseville, CAMay 16, 2018
Not the best place for people looking for long term work
its easily the most cut throat place ive worked, if you're in desperate need of a job or a young student they can and will take full advantage of you including scheduling you during time you've blocked off.
Pros
free game play, 50% off food
Cons
based entirely on popularity and not on individual work ethic, terrible management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Topgolf. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.9

2.7Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight