Topgolf Employee Reviews

As a whole Topgolf is great.
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHSeptember 17, 2018
The West chester venue does not follow Topgolf mission at all. It is ran like any other restaurant! And the managers just don’t care! It’s sad really. Great company just a few bad eggs
Great Job, just very long shifts
Busser/Food Runner (Former Employee) –  Gilbert, AZSeptember 15, 2018
The job is great and has a lot of fun people but if you have other things you are committed to such as school or sports then you will be very stressed about time.
Server, waiter and bus duties depending on need (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX 77084September 11, 2018
I loved working at top golf. It was a great environment to work in. Everyone was super nice and all worked together as a team. I would definitely recommend it!
Very fun workplace!!
Guest Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 10, 2018
I wish there was a TopGolf where I moved, it was the only thing keeping me in my previous city. It was a fun, fast paced environment! you quickly make friends and get comfortable with your job, an you get a lot of training.
Fun good pay fun co workers
Dishwasher (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNSeptember 9, 2018
I like it there its fun great food fun to work i look foward to working there. Its a great place to work good management fun co workers. The fun part is working with co workers.
Productive, supportive and friendly work environment
Operations Lead Technician (Former Employee) –  Webster, TXSeptember 9, 2018
We would arrive at the location at 3:00-3:30 for our 3:30 a.m. shift. The leaders from last shift would discuss what needs to be done with next shift. From there the leaders and crew would discuss a plann of action to complete all maintennance task needed for the day. On top of our regular duties of getting the bays filled and field cleared for a fresh start everyday.
Ilearned how to work on a few different types of machinces. Like the Kabota, which is an atv.
Management was very supportive in our free thinking and helping employees who put initiative in on advancing their career.
The hardest part of the job was working wiht some employees, even with our relaxed and easy work environment, still not working hard or well with others.
I cant explain the most enjoyable part of the day because there were many enjoyable parts. We got to play for free after we were off.
Pros
Free lunches, benefits, Good work environment
Cons
N/a
Long hours and hard work
Food Runner (Current Employee) –  Edison, NJSeptember 8, 2018
i carries heavy trays up 3 flights of stairs. i only get 30 minutes break while working 8 hours. The hours were interfering with my work in school so i decided to get a job i would enjoy.
Pros
friends work there
Cons
short breaks long hours
topgolf
Bayhost (Former Employee) –  West Chester, OHSeptember 7, 2018
a great culture and lots of fun to work there but you cant ever sit down or socialize as much as before because you must stay RIGHT AT your tables which is a minus now.
Pros
free food on weekends
Cons
lots of standing
Over staffed
Guest/Golf Services and Food Runner (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, AlSeptember 7, 2018
Topgolf has a hiring event every single month. During the school year they cut people’s hours significantly. They give me only 1 day each week. I use to work at least 3 days a week. They take our hours to give to the new associates.
Favorite
Bay Host (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHSeptember 6, 2018
Topgolf has been my favorite place of employment. I loved my coworkers, managers, and the overall company. I would work there forever if I could. And the pay/tips are incredible.
A usually fun place to work.
Shift Lead (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSSeptember 5, 2018
The thing about Topgolf that will shine immediately to anyone applying is the culture. Behind the scenes they promote an incredible associate culture. Sometimes the issue is that they don't stick to this culture, and I'm not sure if that's venue specific or brand wide.
fun but no hours
Dishwasher (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 5, 2018
it was a good place to work but at the end they started cutting all the hours and after a year of working there I did not get a rise I loved the people there but I needed more money
It is a fun place to go play game and eat some good food
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  United StatesSeptember 4, 2018
It is a good job, I just wasn't getting any hours every time I asked. I also got fired without knowing and they don't tell you at all. I don't really recommend this place to any of my friends really.
Great Work environment
Barback (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 4, 2018
I loved working here. It was a very upbeat environment where all the people were excited to be at work and loved working as a team together. It was a very fast paced work place.
Super fun summer job.
Golf Associate (Current Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORSeptember 3, 2018
Good summer job for high school students or college students visiting. Flexible hours and availability. Fun and casual work environment with heavy emphasis on being yourself! As a Topgolf Associate your main benefit is that you get free golf time if there isn’t a wait.
Pros
Free golf, flexible hours, full and part time
Cons
Low pay, no benefits
Fun for some but not all
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 28, 2018
this is a fantastic place to work. provides a great intro into the work force. however, position wise there is a definite difference in not just work load, but in the way you are treated.
For my position we do a lot and the others recognize we have one of the hardest jobs in the building but nothing beyond that. theres never really any relief done for us.
To explain it in simpler terms we are "overworked-underpaid" while the the others i fell are paid fairly if not better.
Pros
free breakfast and dinner, flexible-ish, hours, discounts, benefits and great people.
Cons
short or no breaks (unless you are a minor) imbalanced treatment/ workload
Fun work place and great people
Bayhost/Server (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 27, 2018
This is a great place to work. I love the people and the environment. I had lots of fun working here. I would recommend this job to anyone. Made good money
Pros
Good provided
Cons
Very busy
Fun work place but money is for teens
Server /Ace Trainer (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALAugust 27, 2018
I worked for TopGolf and it was extremely fun and the benefits was great the job kind of remind me of a club environment and you will be working very late hours on the weekend but it don`t feel like its late hours because of how much fun your having they feed the staff awesome free food thursday friday saturday and sunday all day .... the things i didnt like about topgolf was that they showed favortism to who got the best sections so the people who been there the longest got the most money you get paid every two weeks and you have to tip out to the bartender (common) barback(?) FoodRunner (common) and Drink runners (?) way to many tip pools for me lol i understand bartenders and even the food runners but i can run my own regular drinks and bar drinks (seriously) and they only give you a couple or a few days to work out the week depending on if they like you or not your checks might be 500-600 every two weeks could of been 100-200$ more but all that tip pool plus taxes being taken out your check :(.
Pros
Fun and free food on weekends
Cons
Pay
Great Food And Atmosphere
Prep Cook (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 24, 2018
It Is A Great Company, Very Well Paced And Organized. My Chef Is Great And I Like That He Doesn’t Play around In The Kitchen. But Other Than That You Will Always Enjoy Urself If You Do Come Here. There’s Plenty To Do And Plenty To Eat. Very Family Oriented.
Pros
Different Atmosphere, Plenty To Do, Discounts, And Benefits
Cons
Better Communication
Energetic and positive work place
Guest Services Associate / Caddie (Current Employee) –  Gilbert, AZAugust 23, 2018
Never dreaded to go to work. The team work is spectacular and the managers are always there to listen and help you with anything. ou need to have good communication skills but other than that just have fun and Be Yourself.
Pros
Discounts, Proficient management
Cons
short breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Topgolf. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.8InHerSight Score

2.7Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight