Topgolf Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Not the worst , but not the best either.
Busser/Food runner (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 15, 2018
Topgolf is not necessarily a bad company, but they lack good management and a lot of favoritism is played amongst managers. prepare to give up weekends.
Pros
the pay is okay, but could be better, if you work full time there is potential for advancement.
Cons
barely get breaks, and work is stressful for your health.
Okay
Guest Services (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 15, 2018
It’s was okay and very easy to get the job I recommend this for a first job but not something you would want after you already have experience , it is not easy to move up
Pros
Free golfing
Cons
Fun workplace, everyone is like a family
Food Runner (Current Employee) –  Edmond, OKJuly 14, 2018
The company has been amazing the past 9 months and was amazing for my first job. Everyone is like a family and the managers are amazing. The hours can be long and hard work but overall the job is great.
Pros
Fun, managers are nice, and it’s like a family
Cons
TopGolf was a great first job
Front Desk Sales and Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAJuly 12, 2018
TopGolf was the 1st place I had ever been employed at, and it set such high standards for my jobs in the future. It was such a fun and stimulating environment and definitely taught me to keep up with the pace of the busy food and sales industry.
Pros
Family meal, team outings
Cons
Lots of standing and quick walking around.
Well established workplace
Prep cook (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXJuly 10, 2018
It's an overall fun place to work at as well as best management team ever worked for before. There is always room for advancement and many privelages are offered for hard work
Fast pace but extremely fun environment
SERVER/ EVENT AMBASSADOR/ ACE TRAINER (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJuly 8, 2018
I loved every day that i worked there. sometimes it was stressful but if you were good at your job then there were no complications with your duties. they treat you like family and i fully approve working there,
Pros
great hours, great pay, fun associates, amazing working environment
Cons
fuzzy agreements with managers, unknown specifications about sections for the night
fun work place
Event Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Ashburn, VAJuly 5, 2018
management could have been better but this was also when top golf first opened up. so hopefully they're a lot better now.great people work there and always room to grow.
Pros
great room to grow
Topgolf
Sr. Software and Infrastructure Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 5, 2018
Topgolf is not a bad organization. They lack maturity in their processes and procedures. They have a good culture, but it hinders the organization's growth. If someone has ever disagreed with you with a suggested process change, you are now no longer promotable within the organization. Their is a lot of game playing and lack of focus. The company really needs to focus on hiring good leadership into the organization with the experience and skill necessary to taking the company to the next level. They make over a $1 million a day. They are no longer small and need to be focusing on company best practices, sustainability, and organizational/departmental goals/ roadmaps.
Looks fun, working there isn't
Food Runner (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NV 89109July 4, 2018
They hire every month, hours get cut, they don't work with your availability, most of management are younger than 35 years old, gave me food poisoning
Pros
The music
Cons
Management, Doesn't work with schedule, Too much drama
fun workplace with a pool table
Server (Former Employee) –  Miami Gardens, FLJune 28, 2018
this job will allow you to meet, greet, and interact with the guest. its a fun work environment where you can listen to music and enjoy work. you will learn how to take orders and use focus system.
Enjoyable environment with a great crowd of individuals
Golf Services (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 24, 2018
Working at Topgolf was never boring due to the environment of the guests and associates. I was able to build lifelong relationships through the associates and the guests I sold memberships to.
Pros
Fun environment, networking, multiple positions
Cons
Fluctuation of consistency within training creates waves of good and bad workers, high turnover
Fun place to work.
Porter (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJune 23, 2018
Typical day is cleaning the machine, cleaning rest room, dusting, cleaning fingerprints off glass. Talking to guest and asking how they enjoyed being at Topgolf B'HAM.
Pros
Dicount on food and games.
Cons
Short breaks.
The most fun and laid back company I've ever worked for
Sales Administrator (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJune 22, 2018
I seriously consider everyone I've met here to be my family, from my fellow associates to our managers and up. Everyone is given great opportunities to move up in the company and everyone is treated like a reasonable adult. You are not micro managed, but you are expected to go above and beyond your role to stand out above the rest. I get great benefits, good pay and live for our core values! Can't wait to grow my career here!
Cons
Great place to work! If you can hang.
Marketing / Platinum Host / Sales / Guest Services (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 20, 2018
One thing about Topgolf is that they are looking for certain outgoing people. Edgy spirit, talkative people that fit the culture of the brand. The venue is an amazing, fun space with people happy to be there. Everyone asked me how work was cause it was the place to be at the time. after a year or so, they started getting very strict on those who were hired at day one. I felt and heard that they were clearing out and getting new faces in. Thats exactly what happened to me
Competitive work environment, that drives you to be better.
Barback (Former Employee) –  Gilbert, AZJune 15, 2018
Great company to work for, employees were relateable and always willing to help. Management was clear with direction, and team leaders ensured all expectations were met.
Pros
Free lunches, paid time off.
Cons
Commute
Fun workplace
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 14, 2018
Very fun environment.
Interact with Guests on a daily basis
Endless positions: Golf Services, Food/drink runner, Bartender, Busser.
Create an experience for the guests.
Pros
Fun Environment
n/a
Hospitatilty Manager (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZJune 11, 2018
Fun environment and they let you be yourself. Benefits are probably the best that I have ever had. A lot of room for advancement with the company expanding.
Fun work environment, but management wasn't easy to work with.
Team Lead/Sales Admin/Bayhost (Current Employee) –  Midvale, UTJune 10, 2018
Definitely a fun work environment with all Topgolf associates. The management is never really on the same page and at times inappropriate. Overall really good money as a bay host (server).
Pros
Money
Cons
Has potential to be a great place if different management
Office Admin (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAJune 9, 2018
Managers can get away with anything.... and it depends on who you have to look out for you. If you dont have anyone who is your friend it is tough. People will look for any mistake you make to be against you. But it's because head of management made everyone turn on one another instead of being a strong team.

There are opportunities for some advancement but expect to be used for managements advantage in order to get where you want. Write ups are often unfair and the punishments are excessive and unrealistic. The wrong people with petty motives are currently in charge and it doesnt allow room for growth or any fairness. You always have to watch your back.
Pros
When at its best, you can meet some new interesting people and make some money if you are a server or hosting events.
Cons
Some people get away with being late while others dont. Its unfair and is based on popularity.
Fun workplace
Food Runner and Busser (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAJune 8, 2018
Enjoyable working with a large staff. Very team oriented. Hours can be late and long. In my experience managers were very laid back but still goal oriented.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Topgolf. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.8InHerSight Score

2.7Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight