Topgolf
Here to help
Coronavirus update
Information from Topgolf:

Topgolf Employee Reviews in Ashburn, VA

You’re seeing reviews in Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Ashburn, VA33 reviews
Overall topgolf was one of the best jobs I have ever had. Having many great coworkers always made going to work enjoyable and entertaining. Workload is heavy but the social aspect of the work made it worth it.
Pros
Food made for associates from thursday to sunday
Cons
A lot of movement
I had a great time working with them. Training process is very corporate so be ready for that. My coworkers ages and attitudes varied greatly. Most managers were helpful. Overall you're in charge of you're own success. Great tips if you do your job.
Topgolf is a fun company to work for. It's great for those just entering the workforce as well as those looking for advancement. A great way to learn the hospitality/entertainment industry.
Loved working at TopGolf! Managers were helpful, the culture was inclusive and supportive, I had a lot of fun being a part of the team, and they were great about letting me prioritize school.
Have to work diligently. Management was caring and attentive. This was a high school job, so nothing special, as long as you did the work everything pays off.
Leave a review. Help people like you.
TopGolf is one of the best jobs i have ever had! if i didn't have to move i would've stayed for sure! coming to work was exciting for me. when i went home i looked forward to coming to work the next morning! im so grateful for all of the relationships i gained here. positivity was in the air 24/7! ( in order to get the job you have to actually be observed working with others and get tested on your positivity)
Pros
free food, great environment, lovely managment, flexible hours
Cons
short breaks
I've made so many amazing friends from this job. I also feel I have learned to embrace how outgoing I am with guests and associates. The management is great and I also feel supported and comfortable by all of them. It has given me the opportunity to gain experience and try to work harder for a higher position in the company. Overall, highly recommend this job for anyone looking for a fun, positive work environment.
Managers are willing to work with college & high school schedules, many employees so diligence with communication is necessary, welcoming environment.
I worked at top golf for a summer and it was a job where you had to work very hard, but the people you work with makes it worth it. I would highly recommend this job to anyone looking for a summer job.
You could either make 300 bucks a night, or walk out at 5pm with 30 bucks. Everyone was super nice and the management was one of the best I have ever worked with.
Pros
Free family lunches Wed-Sun
Cons
shifts could be 12 hours and no time to sit down
management was dreadful
workers treated poorly

there were favorites when it came to workers

managers slacked off but got upset when workers did the same thing they were doing
Topgolf is great place to work if you are looking to enter into the service industry for the first time. The money is good for someone who doesnt have to pay bills, unless you work full time.
Pros
plenty of discounts on food and gameplay
Cons
some management is poor, others are great
Fast-paced work environment.
Management is/was very hands on.

Lots of opportunity for growth/advancement within multiple departments of the company including F&B, Management, Golf Services, and more.
Long hours standing on your feet but great people. Management was always nice, but it's extremely loud in the lobby on the weekends and you have to yell just to talk to anyone which often causes you to lose your voice.
worked as support staff a year or two after it was opened. I was in high school with ridiculous hours. Very labor intensive. Expect to be on your feet with no break carrying heavy things up and down the stairs. Management was poor.
I have mixed opinions about having worked at Topgolf. I worked as a barback, and my duties pretty much revolved around keeping the bartenders happy, something that can be difficult depending on how competent the bartender you are working with is. Overall, the job was primarily busy work, however you have a degree of autonomy that allows you to get work done as fast or as slow as you want. Managers would occasionally check in, however if you demonstrated that you were a competent worker they would generally just let you do your own thing. The hardest part of the job is dealing with incompetent coworkers, given the nature of the sport bar industry the staff turnover rate was exceptionally high, and you would often get stuck with working with coworkers that didn't know how to adequately perform their job. However, I cannot fault Topgolf for this shortcoming as this is really just the nature of the industry. Overall, I would recommend working for the company if you need money for college, or if you want a path to a managerial position within the company as they tend to only higher managers from staff within the company.
It was a fun place to work with very lenient breaks. Great management, nice benefits. Managers were very kind and always willing to help. No horror stories.
Pros
nice benefits
Cons
stressful
management could have been better but this was also when top golf first opened up. so hopefully they're a lot better now.great people work there and always room to grow.
Pros
great room to grow
Cons
Fun, fast paced environment where you focus on the culture and the guest experience. A typical work day is 10 hours. There are many managers so you get to work with a lot of different people who all have their own departments.
You can and will learn so much here. Topgolf will teach you a lot about food, how to prepare and do things, and teach you how to work the slow days and prepare you to work those busy days. amazing place to work highly recommend.
Pros
free food, free golf, half off food on menu
Cons
short breaks, busy sometimes, extremely slow other times.
managemtent is very good at working around your schedule. The place is filled with positive vibes and people. The members and guests are very fun to be around and serve
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Topgolf. Our community is ready to answer.
Ratings from women
InHerSight Score
3.1Personal Development
3.5Career Opportunities
3.0Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight