Topgolf Employee Reviews

amazing place to work
Manager on duty/ Training Teamlead (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 19, 2018
Fun and cool place to start your first job, Amazing work atmosphere with endless opportunities. Great job culture and fun people to be around. They have relatable core values and mission and vision
Pros
amazing benefits
Cons
longs hours
Fast paced work place and occasionally fun
BAYHOST SHIFT LEAD (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 16, 2018
It was an okay place to work for a while then it went down hill sometimes management would micro manage and no one appreciates being micro managed. Especially if you’ve worked there longer than the manager that micro managing you.
Pros
Free food (if you get it/first come first served)
Cons
No breaks really, and micro management from select few
Management doesn't care about you
Marketing / Sales (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 15, 2018
They will fire you when your co-worker is jealous so he sets you up and rats you out to management. Management will fire you without any investigation despite said co-worker already having prior issues in every department he worked. Being good at your job doesn't matter if you don't kiss butt and rat out your coworkers...I mean associates. Fun place otherwise.
Cons
Terribly mismanaged on every level
My Experience at TOP GOLF
Food Runner (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VANovember 15, 2018
A typical day at Top Golf was quite the stress. Guests would be pouring into the venue, which meant huge orders constantly coming in. No matter what day it was, it was always busy and you never got a break to even eat. Even though it was stressful, I learned to work in stressful situations, interact with customers, and learn more about customer service. Even though some of my co-workers were amazing, I noticed how the management was very unorganized since there were multiple cases when I didn't get my tips or my paychecks. The workplace culture was somewhat good. There were people who were great to talk to and had the same goals as me and others who were lazy and had me do all the work. The hardest part of the job was constantly bringing food up the stairs throughout the massive venue. Since Top Golf was always busy, orders would pour in and I and another food runner would be the task of giving all the food with no breaks. Closing was a struggle. We basically did everything. Clean, bring food, bring dishes, clean dishes, you name it. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with my friends since we both made work fun for one another.
Pros
Customer Service Experience, working in stressful situations, adaptable, open-minded, stronger, people skills improve
Cons
No breaks, lots of work for little pay, lazy management, favoritism, feeling of being excluded
Learning experience
Bartender/Server (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 14, 2018
It was a seasonal job, because I was a full-time student athlete at Texas Southern University. I worked a job that would comply with my training regimen.
Friendly work environment with long hours and weekends
Department Head - Golf Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Naperville, ILNovember 14, 2018
Lots of action and a fast-paced work environment and the people are very, very friendly. However the work/life balance is very hard to manage, especially for ones with families at home. We work very long nights and weekends as well as most holidays.
Pros
very friendly work environment, fast-paced
Cons
Late nights and long hours, especially weekends
Fast Paced and Upbeat Workplace
Bayhost (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILNovember 13, 2018
Definitely fun to work on the weekends. Lots of guests come through the doors and the tables turnover fairly quickly. Workplace culture is like any other you'd find in the service industry.
Pros
Good money, flexible scheduling, easy sidework
Cons
long hours, co-worker drama
Good Company, horrible management
DRINK RUNNER, KID CAMP COUNSELOR, BUSSER (Former Employee) –  Wooddale, ILNovember 12, 2018
My co-workers were taking advantage of the horrible management. Overusing breaks, taking days off and creating a burden for others. The management seemed to not care about the horrible work atmosphere.
Great company
Cook/Prep (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn Center, MNNovember 11, 2018
Excellent to their associates and great benefits to full or part time associates. Fantastic family atmosphere and wonderful management and staff! Wonderful workplace
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Hours can get c
Typical Day at Work
Bayhost/Server (Current Employee) –  Fishers, INNovember 11, 2018
A typical day consists of coming to work early in the morning. Sometimes you are waiting 2 hours before you get your second table. The busiest time of year is the summer and the holidays. Sometimes you will be set 2 or 3 tables at once and you have to explain the game and put orders in. We have drink runners but it is usually faster to take the drink yourself. Shift change is nice because you can choose to cash out the guest or transfer the check to the next server. The end of the day can be frustrating because you have to wait in line to turn in receipts which can sometimes make you wait more than an hour after the end of your shift. It can be great and easy money to work here if you are already a great server with serving experience but you will have to work long hours to make it happen. I would work here in the summer or part-time but full-time is not worth it in my opinion unless you need the benefits.
Pros
-Fantastic training, -Family Meal, -discounted food, free golf, discounted retail
Cons
-Little to no breaks, -not awarded for hard work, understaffed in some areas and over staffed in other areas, -guests come first before associates, -technology and promotions are always changing making it confusing for guests
productive work place with a fun environment
DISHWASHER (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 7, 2018
Top Golf is a very fast pace job. Which requires you to put a lot of time and energy into your work. It is a fun and energetic atmosphere They also worked with my school schedule.
It was great!!!
Guest Services (Former Employee) –  Webster, TXNovember 5, 2018
It was a great place to work and would love to work for topgolf again but due to my re-relocating I was able to but the staff is great and meet a lot of fun people there!!
Great for college kid
Guest Services (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 5, 2018
I worked here while in undergrad and it was very fun. The pay was nice enough for me to actually enjoy things and I even got a discounted rate to play golf there.
Okay
Guest Services (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALNovember 5, 2018
It’s Okay For Teenager. Crowded On Weekends. Poor Management And Not Enough Hours. Discounts Are Great. Fun Environment. There Is Always Things To Do.
Fun and entertaining environment
Server/Waiter (Current Employee) –  Miami Gardens, FLNovember 4, 2018
A typical day at work would be on your feet for 10 hours or more tending to your guests and making sure they are enjoying themselves. Very little managers were helpful. Others were not. The culture was great. Full of energy and fun!. The hardest part of the job is working the 10+ hours and barely getting a break. The most enjoyable part is when guests are having a good time and money is being made as well.
Pros
Provides dinner
Food Prep and Cook (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, AL 35806November 4, 2018
Good place to work:

Worked about 8 hours per day
Learned how to work as a team
Managers listened
Workplace is one of teamwork
Short Suspense's
Enjoyed the People
Pros
free meals
Cons
Fast Pace
Fun workplace and good compensation
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 4, 2018
Typically a fun atmosphere to work with a strong culture. There are many opportunities to advance and they are proactive in developing from within. Could be a stressful in result of volume or being under staffed.
Pros
Half off food and Bev
Cons
No breaks and long shifts
Upbeat evironment
Event Ambassador (Former Employee) –  The Colony, TXNovember 2, 2018
Great place to work. Family feel amongst the servers. Event team is where you want to got if you chose this job. Management team looks out for everyone .
Pros
Fun environment
Cons
On your feet for long period of time.
Fast paced and fun if you're a hard working Server
Associate (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNNovember 2, 2018
Servers make great money, and work hard, long hours; There is some evidence of favoritism in groups and events, as well as preference to good looking people. Emphasis is on making fun moments for the Guest but most people are looking out for themselves. It's a fun workplace, you can move up quickly if you are a Natural Leader, if you are a Hard worker, and if you LIKE the restaurant business; But if you are not interested in Restaurant management and simply want to be in a Busy restaurant because that's where you think you'll make a ton of money, You may be better off in an expensive fine dining place, or, get into the busy event scene, or pick up side gigs in festivals and events all over town. Hardest part of working here is watching the inconsistencies between the managers, realizing that things change day to day, turnover is frequent as in every restaurant in Nashville, also watching people around you "act" like managers but are really bullies or lazy, because no one has the nerve to say something.
Pros
free golf, half price on food, discount on merchandise
Cons
your resume' of INCREDIBLE prior work.... doesn't matter
Work experience
Facilities Lead (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALNovember 2, 2018
You have to watch your pay closely. They will change your pay to a lesser amount without notice then give you a hard time about correction. The management is unorganized and under educated.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Topgolf. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.8InHerSight Score

2.7Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight