Topgolf Employee Reviews

Huge Corporate nightmare
Server (Bay host) (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 17, 2019
The volume of guests can get very high and there is not nearly enough managers on the floor. They really exude the energy that they don't care about you. There are too many people working there for them even care about anyone. The shifts are very long and strenuous.

Everything you need is literally half a mile walk away. Such as napkins, Garbage cans. Basic things like that are a very far walk.
Pros
The Money.
Cons
All of it, its huge.
looking for clowns instead of employees
Turndown Attendant (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCJanuary 16, 2019
the hiring event is a complete dog and pony act...very unprofessional...they aren't looking for responsible employees they are more looking for jesters in a clown court... so if you are professional in the way you carry yourself don't even bother but if you are fool and senseless then this is perfect
Working at TopGolf has been my most enjoyable job to date
Barback (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAJanuary 16, 2019
Working at Topgolf really pushed me to excel at my job responsibilities. Management expected nothing less than perfection as far as job competence and performance. This job truly taught me the meaning of customer satisfaction and a driving pursuit towards excellence.
Management and Hours
Waitstaff (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJanuary 16, 2019
The hours you are expected to work are too long. However, the management is friendly and kind. Tips were not every high, because many times people would leave without paying or not order anything at all.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Hours
Ok place to work
Barback (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZJanuary 16, 2019
It’s nice working their at first but once someone doesn’t like you they will gather their friends and report you for anything and try to get you fired.

I walked in on shift lead and manager talking about me and how bad I suck ar my job (was my second day on job) and I reported them and they only got a slap on the wrist no write up.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
No breaks, management is horrible and rude. Favorites only move up.
wonderful place to work at
Lead Bartender (Former Employee) –  Spring, TXJanuary 15, 2019
the culture at top golf is amazing, they focus of the associates and the guests. they thrive to make the work environment fun as well as the gusts to have the best time possible
The most unique environment...
EVENT AMBASSADOR & BAY HOST (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJanuary 15, 2019
Fast-paced when it's busy, but this is serving so there are slow shifts and money isn't guaranteed. Built a family of coworkers who I loved to spend my days with. Serving, but fun.
Pros
Fun culture, work events.
Cons
Working in all elements throughout the year, no breaks.
it was okay
Bay Host (Current Employee) –  Ashburn, VAJanuary 14, 2019
Topgolf is great place to work if you are looking to enter into the service industry for the first time. The money is good for someone who doesnt have to pay bills, unless you work full time.
Pros
plenty of discounts on food and gameplay
Cons
some management is poor, others are great
Great benifits terrible people
Facilities Lead (Current Employee) –  Allen, TXJanuary 13, 2019
The benifits with 3 weeks time off great health care and all that but the people here are rude just so they can be better. They have a core value as one team....none of that goes on its everyone for themselves
Cheerful,slow paced job.
Facilities Technician Lead (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 12, 2019
Typical work day involves making sure all technology is operating properly and checking any other maintenance parts of the job. Completing projects that need to be done and answer maintenance calls.
Fun workplace
Caddie (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 8, 2019
Very layed back, great people to work with. Very fast paced, and you are always on your feet. Top Golf has a happy attitude always so if you can’t smile all the time or be social do not work there.
Pros
Free meals thursday-sunday
FUN. Friendly, advancement oppurtunities
Ace Trainer/Barback (Former Employee) –  OhioJanuary 6, 2019
Work there if you wanna try something new. Get involved with opportunities they have, ask for help anytime, great work, great management. I would return here if I wasn't looking for higher salary.
Pros
Great work atmosphere
Cons
You may run into a co worker you dont like.
Good place to work at during while going to school
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CAJanuary 6, 2019
Scheduling was pretty much set for either mid shift or nights. Easy job but lacked in training maintenance in diagnosis of certain equipment. Overall easy place to work at.
Overall was a really fun place to work
Guest Services (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJanuary 6, 2019
Topgolf was my first job and I really enjoyed it. I loved the people I was working with, I loved the managers, I lovedddd the culture, and the best part was the hospitality. I will also add that while you were on the clock you were also having fun.
Pros
Family dinner
Cons
Pay sucks
Don’t judge a book by its cover...
Office Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 5, 2019
They come off as a fun, accepting, and friendly place to work. Don’t believe it, it’s all a facade. Unless you’re in management your outside life or other jobs were completely disregarded. You either receive 5hrs a week or 40hrs a week depending on your position. Don’t expect to have time for a lunch break because you won’t, even though a meal is offered for free on the weekends. The environment I was In was chaotic, unorganized, and frustrating. The other associates were awesome and super friendly. I was scheduled for 8 hour days but sometimes had to work 10+ hrs with my other job I was working from 7am- 2am the next day. The environment was fun to work in but sometimes seemed childish and unprofessional. Only suggestion I would make to the company is hire people that want to work and management that could stick to their mission statement and core values.
Pros
Free meals on weekends, friends coworkers and most management, fun environment, easy tasks
Cons
Benefits, poor management, no lunch breaks, unprofessional interview and training process, half of staff was lazy teens, no consistent hours
unorganized
Ace Certified Corporate Trainer (Former Employee) –  Katy, TXJanuary 4, 2019
poorly managed no action plan to advance false promises of advancement and not a consistant disciplinary plan or action plan to keep a stable company of associates happy
Fun workplace with a great culture
Sales (Current Employee) –  GAJanuary 3, 2019
The culture is very evident from day one, and it is embraced by the management team and all of the part-time associates. The most enjoyable part of the job is the people I get to interact with on a daily basis. Hard work and determination are the keys to success, and the management team knows how to maintain the right combination to keep everyone on the right path.
Fun place to work!
Bay-host (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORJanuary 3, 2019
TopGolF was a fun place to work. I met people from all over the country, got to learn how to play gold, but most importantly, I learned a lot about customer service and how to make a customer happy.
high-paced and stressful workplace
Bus Boy/Food Runner (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJanuary 2, 2019
This company is great to work for as a first job, but the salary and hours worked are non-competitive. Management often had issues with scheduling me when I had said I was unavailable. I was working about 10 hours a day and just under 40 hours a week as a part time job.
Pros
discounts on food and free golf at specified times.
Cons
non-flexible hours, low salary
Job with lots of energy
Bartender/Event Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Ashburn, VAJanuary 2, 2019
Fast-paced work environment.
Management is/was very hands on.
Lots of opportunity for growth/advancement within multiple departments of the company including F&B, Management, Golf Services, and more.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Topgolf. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.8InHerSight Score

2.7Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight