Topshop Employee Reviews

Not worth it
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 24, 2018
I enjoyed it at first when my floor was a team but then this manager came and ruined it by micromanaging and driving us all crazy. I didn’t hate working there but pay was also stupid low at the time. And the discount sucked.
Pros
Friendships made, hours
Cons
Low pay, annoying managers, bad discounts
Best part of Topshop
Sales Advisor (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 2, 2018
Love my managers and the people! Met so many people from all over and love helping customers, especially the celebrities that came sometimes. I love topshop
British company that didn't know how to handle Americans.
Advanced Associate (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 22, 2018
I was here for a while and worked my way up to Advanced Associate. Once again, I liked the people I worked with, but many of them seemed inept at their positions. Having to do other peoples jobs led me to get out of retail.
Pros
Cheap Clothes.
Cons
Ineptitude of others.
Fast fashion, fixable challenges
Cashier/Sales/Shoe Specialist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 19, 2018
Topshop is a company that follows all the newest and latest trends, they take pride in the representation of latest styles. However, the overall working experience at Topshop could be better. Most days are expected to be short staffed due to the company trying to keep within their budget. On these days usually a couple of people are expected to do jobs that could use 4 or more to keep the business running daily at an efficient pace. Management is also short staffed which can lead to confusion involving regular employees because of lack of communication between all of management.
Pros
Company kitchen, pto, holiday parties, tv in break room/Netflix
Cons
Available staff not used properly, poor communication between management, unclear store policies
Fun workplace but bad management
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 9, 2018
Management are unfair with how they treat staff, but outside of that, you feel like you have a family away from home. A lot of staff activities and fun store events.
Pros
Staff
Cons
worst place to work for, managers are very rude to staff and very arrogant!!
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  LondonFebruary 19, 2018
i wouldn't recommend anyone to work in TopShop. They are very rude to their staff and all they care about is treating them like slaves. They do not offer good training. Bad customer service to their clients. Staff facilities are dirty. Literally worst place anyone can work for. Find another company!!
Pros
There are no pro's, maybe lunchtime so you can get out!!
Cons
rude management, dirty staff facilities, horrible environment
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 4, 2018
Great place to start out when you are looking for a first job. You get to work with some very out going individuals and learn a lot about business that you can take with you outside the company.
Productive work place
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 24, 2018
Helped customers on a daily basis figure out options of clothes and also helped with their selection of jeans for them. The job is very fast paced as it was located in soho right on broadway.
Awful Management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  LiverpoolJanuary 22, 2018
Topshop overall as company is an okay company to work for. It’s great for students but not for a career.

The staff make the whole experience. It can be great atmosphere at times. At times it can be very busy but you have to be able deal with fast paste environment and deal with pressure without getting stressed.

The scheduling is a big issue. The company policy is 3 weeks in advance but Rotas are more like 1 week in advance. It’s poorly managed and when questioned to managers your told” there too busy” but in fact there lazy.
Managers can be very rude and lazy. Expect “ sales assistance” to do team leader/ supervisor roles for basic pay.

Management make own rules up and are unfair. Never supportive to staff need and make the rules up as they go along.
They can make the role very Unenjoyable and stressful. Wouldn’t recommend to anyone if wanting work full time. Good only if I’m uni/ college wanting part time
Pros
Discount, uniform, social life
Cons
managment, pay, hours
The job is useful for acquiring the first experience, but not for a longer period of time
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Novi Sad, SerbiaJanuary 12, 2018
Through this work, I have learned a lot and gained communication skills and knowledge in various situations. The disadvantages of this job are that we were not paid adequately, and sometimes they would refuse us from pay for fictitious reasons. On the other hand, if we achieved good sales results we would get bonuses. Also, the bad side is the inability to advancement. Considering this is my first job in this sphere, I am satisfied with the experience and skills I have acquired and I am sure that they will help me in my future career.
Pros
Bonuses
Cons
Unpaid overtime work
Pretty Good Job
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 4, 2018
Easy job to work for... you get good hours, you are exposed to alot of different things, and different people, and i would definetley rccoment this job to you guys.
Productive and fun workplace
Stylist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 3, 2018
Exceeding the highest customer service standards for sales, and customer satisfaction in every retail operation. Making sure that the customer is engaging as much as you are and making sure that everything ran smoothly as possible .
Pros
Snacks
Fast pace establishment
Stylist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GA 30326December 28, 2017
Needs better managers and pay increase. Scheduling was too inconsistent and my hours were cut often. Employees are friendly, but I've also had issues with payroll and my check not being available on time.
Fun workplace
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CADecember 20, 2017
I love Topshop. I made friends with all my coworkers and most of the managers are super relaxed and friendly. You get pretty decent discounts as well.
Fun for your first job!
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 31, 2017
I loved Topshop because of the working environment. Unfortunately, Topshop couldn't support my lifestyle as an adult as it did when i was 19 years old living at home. I found a better opportunity elsewhere.
Pros
Clothes great discount
Cons
Benefits, management, pay, waork life balance
No growth opportunity
Creative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 26, 2017
The environment started out as fun at first given the hype the brand naturally brings. Once you get acquainted with the culture, you see that there is poor managerial skills and very low growth opportunity.
great company
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 23, 2017
This was a great company to work for, I relocated to different states with them and they made it seamless. However I could no longer commute to the location anymore, so I found something closer to home.
Good pay, stressful work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 23, 2017
Since I was the youngest, it felt as if the managers were taking advantage of me and consistently scheduled me with closing shifts. I would typically work 8-10 hour shifts, however I did get an hour lunch break and two paid 15 minute breaks. Overall, the money was good, but the stress was not worth it.
Fast paced upscale barbershop
Barber/Stylist (Current Employee) –  Smithfield, NCAugust 29, 2017
Godly and fun Environment with a pool table and arcade in the back. Very productive and Friendly environment we give the best haircuts in town. And should I mention the hot dog shack in the back
Pros
Cheap boothrent
Cons
Pretty much take a break when I need it
productive
Brand rep/Visual Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL 60611August 28, 2017
help people to select and purchase clothing and other merchandise. The scope of the job ranges from gift buying for their clients to providing advice for a complete change of image. ... Personal shoppers vary considerably in the services they offer and in their methods of working with clients.