Torchy's Tacos Employee Reviews

Intense Management/quick-paced
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXAugust 13, 2019
Its an intense quick-paced job. Lines from the register to the door for hours on end. So many managers, that things would get lost in translation. Every.Detail.Is Stressed. You will find yourself there waaaay past your time to leave. People will forget to call you for break. Overall disorganized mess.
Hectic but genuinely fun and rewarding at times
Runner/Server (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXAugust 11, 2019
I worked at Torchy's for a good 6 months and usually when a manager is saying that everyone who works there is like family they're just trying to get you to work there but it genuinely is like a huge family, if you're good to them and you're a good, hard, worker they'll be good to you. It can be crazy on game days and on the weekends but if you just keep a smile on your face and keep working hard until you clock out I promise your experience working there will be great. Also, obviously, they don't like lazy people so definitely be willing to work your butt off.
Very good place to work
Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  Allen, TXAugust 8, 2019
I would tell everyone to work here, they are a bunch of weirdos and its all fun. working here was a blast for when i was there and im sure it will still be for times to come.
Very laid back. Can sometimes be over whelming at times. But we have awesome managers that will help.
Prep Cook (Current Employee) –  Spring, TXJuly 24, 2019
We are a team and think we work great together as a team like a well oiled machine. We have managers that care what your going thru. And will help in any way they can. It's an awesome place to work.
Can get busy, not really fun
Cashier (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXJuly 19, 2019
Not really a fun place to work; if you like boring and monotonous places to work this is your place. The managers kinda suck and the GM is a narcissistic aszhole. If you can be a sheep and not ask questions and have low standards you can make it here.
Pros
Discounts on food
Cons
Managers suck, low pay, very few good things
too corporate, worst job I've ever had, worst management, worst customers, good work experience because after this you can handle anything
Cashier/Runner (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 14, 2019
Often had to work 7 hours with no break and a line wrapped around the building while rich customers were rude to me and yelled at me all evening, drunk frat guys were disrespectful, kitchen wasn't fast enough to handle so many orders, got yelled at by customers 5x/day, managers not very understanding, felt super corporate, bad work environment, not paid enough for the high stress levels,
Stressful, hostile work environment and very low pay
Bartender/Server/Busser/Runner (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 14, 2019
Management shows blatant favoritism to some, mostly the family members they have hired against company "policy", and bully the employees they dont like personally to force them to quit. Our managers create a work environment based on threatening our jobs constantly, assuming we are all lazy, abusive language and tone (calling employees "stupid", for example. Also mocking an employee's weight and sexual orientation in Spanish right in front of her assuming she couldn't understand - she could), always criticizing us but never coaching or positive direction, etc.
At first I was wary about giving the company a bad review based on one store, but realized the company is accountable for management and culture of every store. This store is allowed to operate opposite to the vision and workplace culture outlined by the brand and in the handbook, allowed to pick and choose which policies to follow or enforce, allowed to show favoritism to some and bully others for personal reasons, and so on. This is a much larger and pervasive problem not isolated to one GM, one manager or one store.

If you can, avoid working here. It isnt worth it at all, especially not for the very low wages they pay.
Pros
Half off food? Should be free.
Cons
Inconsistent enforcement of rules, Favoritism, Very low pay, Hostile environment, Retaliation if you go to HR, Unprofessional management driven by personal opinion of employees, abusive to ones they dislike
Poor management
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJuly 13, 2019
Yes they have D*MN GOOD TACOS but management sucks. You do not receive equal pay. GM got fired for stealing and never showing up for work. They over work the management and it’s hard to find hourly employees so you end up in a position. Loved this place but needed better guidance!
Over all a great atmosphere to work in.
Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  Westminster, COJuly 6, 2019
The work staff is awesome!! It's a family away from family. Every one pulls their weight and comes together in the clutch. Despite the high volume it's still a very fun environment to work in and the food is amazing!!
Pros
High volume
Cons
High volume
Great company.
Cook/Expeditor (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXJuly 4, 2019
Laid back. Everyone that works there was different and I was comfortable working there. I’m still friends with people I worked with there. It’s a lot of fun and the food is just amazing.
Productive and high value you place to work at
Bartender (Current Employee) –  Denton, TXJuly 2, 2019
Torchy's is a great place to work. They are very welcoming and help you do everything you can to succeed in the workplace. The attitude at Torchy's is great.
Horrible workplace
Grill Cook (Former Employee) –  Edmond, OKJuly 1, 2019
I worked here for a year and a half. At first it was amazing. We all had a good time. Then management started leaving and our new GM was a complete jerk. Refused to help his workers, blamed us for being backed up, and then having the gull to tell us to pick up our pace and that we're going slow. All in all, DO NOT work here!
Torchy's Tacos Honest Review
Cashier, Food Expeditor (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXJune 30, 2019
I can't complain, they are a very chill place to work, casual uniform, good pay, pretty cool managers, etc!

Food is overpriced but you get 50% off so, you never pay the full price

All in all, I recommend it as a great part-time job
Same tacos different day...
Hourly Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 25, 2019
Everyday was the same, managers come and go, same with employees. It was good for me at the time. Typical restaurant job. Customers are pretty cool, although can be rough when the kitchen gets backed up.
Cons
Only 1 - 15 min break/shift.
The overall experience working at torchys has been great for me . Of course every company has their ups and downs but overall it’s been great.
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Amarillo, TXJune 15, 2019
Great people and a very fun work experience. Every place has their ups and downs but overall it’s a great company and I’ve enjoyed it.
I have built strong relationships and customer service experience through this company.
Pros
Flexible scheduling, understanding management.
Cons
No benefits, inconsistent hours.
No comment
Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston,TexasJune 14, 2019
It is very challenging and requires you to adopt to a new culture unlike the previous culture you came from. Torchys has a way of operating that requires you to adapt to.
Torchy's is pretty alright!
Expo/Server (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJune 11, 2019
I worked here for two and a half years before leaving. I learned a whole lot from working here like how to manage time a little better in a restaurant. the hours go by quick when you're busy
Too many high school workers
Taco Prep (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 3, 2019
Most of the managers were amazing, but two were hard to work with, as they just tended to yell and make the workplace more stressful. The majority of the workers were outstanding; however, there was a small group that made working there much harder for the rest of us. Once the college student (the hard workers) left the workload became unmanageable and very stressful.
Pros
many advancement opportunities
Cons
Very heavy workload with slackers
fun place to work everyone is nice and helpful.
chashier (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMay 31, 2019
Everyone is nice and outgoing, all employees make everyone feel welcome such as new team members or guest. Torchy's Taco is a really easy job for beginners.
Good low tier job
Cashier/Runner (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 10, 2019
- Comfortable uniforms
- Most managers are easy to get along with
- Pay is ok
- Customer base has a wide age range
- Getting a pay raise is difficult and doesn't seem to be based on job performance rather the amount of jobs you can do
- Systems are easy to learn and are decently organized.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Torchy's Tacos. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.3InHerSight Score

2.1Personal Development

3.1Career Opportunities

1.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight