Torchy's Tacos Employee Reviews

Fun environment at first but managements shows little regard for the concerns and needs of its team. Not good for ppl with inflexible schedules
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXDecember 18, 2018
In the time that I worked there, at least 10 employees quit,were fired,or just never came back. This place will make you miserable and unless you don't mind soulless work for little pay and no opportunity for advancement. This is for you
Pros
50% discount on "tacos"
Cons
unclean, dish overworked, nothing here works
Great Culture
Expeditor (Current Employee) –  Cedar Park, TXNovember 19, 2018
The reason I enjoy working for Torchy's so much is the people. I genuinely enjoy the people I work with and have created lasting relationships through work. Management has changed a lot at my location, but the managers are usually respectful and competent. It is a face paced environment that can be physically demanding. Overall, it is a great place to work because the culture attracts unique and interesting individuals.
Pros
discount food, positive culture
Cons
scheduling dilemmas
Very messy set up, never fully staffed always short and left alone to do a 3 person job.
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJanuary 4, 2019
Torchys is a workplace that is a fun idea but is set up for disaster for any kind of good customer service. Ticket times are always high and manager complain about doing any work. We have a great team now but it used to be like this all the time.
Pros
Free lunches and sides, friendly coworkers
Cons
Badly behaved coworkers and rules never enforced by managers
Productive and fun workplace, always worked with your needs.
Waitress/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXNovember 7, 2018
A typical day at work would include taking a customers order or helping run out the food. I learned that a work place doesn't always have to be serious, you can have some fun. My managers were amazing, they would always cater to my needs for school and work life. The culture was diverse, their wasn't any judgement, anywhere. The hardest part of the job was trying to find where a customer was sitting. The most enjoyable part was having fun while working and always leaving with a smile on my face, no matter how bad the day got.
Pros
50% off food and retail items
Cons
Torchy's would get a line out the door
Fun place to work but not for too long
Food Runner/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKNovember 5, 2018
Be careful what position they promise you and what you end up with. They love tricking people with “allowing them to cross train” I was called for an interview for bartender and one was hired before all interviews were completed. No call about filling position.. offered way lower grade job. Literally have to work a million hours for a paycheck over 200 a week. Staff was rude and unhelpful to new people. Everyone was always quitting or just unhappy with the way the “management” works over there. Hope they get better.
Pros
Sort of fun
Cons
Craziness when rush happens
High-stress and less pay
Expo, Cashier, Taco, Runner (Current Employee) –  Fort Collins, CONovember 6, 2018
The managers at Torchy's Tacos have changed very frequently, some strict and others don't know what they are doing. There are a lot of nice people that work there however, there are a lot of employees who are rude and don't take their job seriously. If you are looking for a part-time job in college this is the place.
Pros
half of a meal, tips replace taxes
Cons
short breaks, uneducated supervisors, stressful
Fun coworkers, terrible management
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Cypress, TXNovember 15, 2018
The only positive thing to say about Torchy's is how cool it was to make friends. Everything else from management to scheduling was horrible. Even for high school kids it was so much stress. People were always walking out and managers never scheduled enough people because they were trying to save money.
Pros
50% off food
Cons
short breaks, long hours, bad management, no benefits
Great place to work whether it's a career or not
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 27, 2018
The culture at Torchys is unbeatable. There are few places that you have the great combination of amazing coworkers and a stellar culture. From the GMs down it's almost a perfect workplace. Once you get higher it starts to get a little murkier. The partners are fantastic people that you can see truly care about not only the stores but the employees as well. Everything in between them and the store level is another story.
Pros
Culture, flexible hours, easy advancement, decent pay
Cons
Little support from corporate
Nice interior , bad managers
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKNovember 24, 2018
Managers were very unprofessional and did not handle situations in a professional manner. Was more focused on being a boss rather a leader. Took advantage of authority. Let the cooks in the back pull down pants and just act wild. Very unpleasant work experience with Torchys in Chisholm Creek !
Pros
Free employee meals
Cons
Unprofessional
Great people, great food!
Cashier (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXSeptember 21, 2018
Even though it got hectic, every employee worked hard to ensure to get the best quality food out in the shortest time possible! People come in hungry so you will get some angry people but remember to hold a smile on your face! Especially as cashier. Torchys queso is the best. The managers were awesome and very flexible with my schedule! Sad I had to leave. Great college job!
Pros
50% discount and some free lunches!
Cons
Gets hectic.

Want to know more about Torchy's Tacos?

Ask a question
Alright Place of Employment
Server (Former Employee) –  Westminster, COAugust 28, 2018
This was a fun environment to work in because of the open-minded attitude of the company as well as the other people employed at this location. It was enjoyable and easy work, not a lot of stress and they handled things very professionally for the most part. Sexual Harassment was not taken as seriously as I would have hoped that it would be, but that is true for A LOT of companies in Colorado. Overall it was a good job for the pay.
Positive, if boring, job experience
Food Runner/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Tyler, TXNovember 14, 2018
Quality food. EXTREMELY CLEAN WORKPLACE. Torchy's holds itself to a very high standard, especially when it comes to cleanliness. Honestly, I'd eat off the kitchen floor. Management is decent, fairly relaxed work culture. Job duties are extremely boring, however.
Bad place to be hired
Busser/Server, Dishawasher,Food Runner (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXAugust 10, 2018
Torchys cuts hours,and ultimately takes you down from making good money to about 100$ a paycheck for schedule you to work 3-4 times in a pay period,they expect you to stay hrs after the store closes an not still get payed very little to nothing. I wouldn't recommend.
Pros
50% off food, a lot of overtime
Cons
not getting payed enough, shortage of works hours, and managers arent on their game
Loved the environment
Taco Prep, Expo (Former Employee) –  Allen, TXSeptember 9, 2018
I worked with the best people in the kitchen. It’s super fast pased and can get stressful but managers will help you out. Some FOH were just horrible, made shifts rough. Kitchen was always busy, complementing each others work ethic, helping out, and having fun. I miss this place!!!!!!
Pros
50% discount, pay, and good managers
Cons
short breaks
Fun work place
Casher/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  San Marcos, TXNovember 15, 2018
I really enjoy my job at Torchy's Tacos. I get to work with people who are around my age and are like minded. We always have fun on our shifts, joking with everyone. It's a great place to work.
Pros
50% off food. Fun environment
Cons
short breaks, little opertunity for over time.
A sub-par place to work
Cashier/ Food Runner (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXJuly 25, 2018
Overall my experience at Torchy's Tacos was not bad. I enjoyed the food, the culture, the atmosphere, But management was not so great. Lots of drama in the management department and within the corporate department amongst the Houston Area managers. Many managers would not comply with my availability which was a problem for me and other employees who where full time students.
Pros
Food Discounts, Unique Vibe, Friendly Employees
Cons
Rude Customers, Sub-Par Management
Fun workplace with a good positive atmosphere
Kitchen Staff (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 31, 2018
Overall this workplace has a good atmosphere that encourages people's differences and uniqueness. Very easy going staff and a fast paced environment. It would get overwhelming at times due to the high demand for Torchys Tacos.
Pros
Discounts on food and shared tips
Cons
Management was sometimes terrible
Know the right people
Cashier/Kitchen/Trainer/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Round Rock, TXJuly 18, 2018
Been with this company for a while. Majority of the people are very kind-hearted. But the company is a mess. Certain departments loosely thrown together trying to make something work, with no real organization skills or management skills. If you know high up peope, you are guaranteed to go where you want. If you have no inside contacts, you're more than likely stuck where you are. Claim willing to hear and listen to everyone, been here a while, never had anything i suggested been taken into fact even when I have been proven right.
Pros
Great people, inside company activities, benefits
Cons
Easily stuck in a position, not heard, not really felt as part of the company as a whole
Incredibly fast paced but with a casual atmosphere
Cashier Trainer, Expo, Runner (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 23, 2018
Working at Torchy's gave me the chance to see just how it is to work in a high volume kitchen, with countless customers coming through the doors each and every day. Just like any other restaurant I've worked in, there's always going to be periods of time where there's a shortage of workers, or there's not enough dip made because of slow employees in the back, but thankfully there's always a sense of teamwork that lessens the stress on each employee as an individual. Some customers do have terrible attitudes, but the employees usually make it worthwhile, as do the managers- but then again I left two years ago when things weren't so corporate as I hear they are now. Hopefully it's still just as homey, because even if I did have long shifts and have to stand for 8+ hours a day, I did enjoy my time there.
Pros
Half off meals and merch, fun atmosphere, can make connections with customers
Cons
Short lunch breaks, rude customers at times, stressful lunch and dinner rushes
Ehhh
Bar Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 15, 2018
Long hours, had to work all nights and weekends, could never get them off. Weren't understanding of personal needs or team members. Fast paced, fresh food, free food for managers. Bad pay for all the work put in.
Pros
Fast paced, daily fresh made food
Cons
Long hours, non flexible work hours, bad pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Torchy's Tacos. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.3InHerSight Score

2.2Personal Development

3.1Career Opportunities

1.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight