Torgerson's, LLC Employee Reviews

Great People, Great Company
Parts Specialist/Service Writer (Former Employee) –  Ethridge, MTAugust 1, 2019
Due to a series of unfortunate event, I needed to relocate back to Great Falls and was unable to transfer to a position with the local operation; although have preferential hiring status with the company when a position opens.
Pros
People and management.
Cons
It was a bit of a drive to work (11 miles)
Great and growing company.
Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Billings, MTAugust 21, 2018
Definitely recommend working here. They will take care of you if you put the work with you if you put in the work for them. The crew is growing together.
Pros
They will help you in times of need. Very open about the internals of the company.
Cons
The disgruntle employees. That are now leaving which is good.
Terrible management
Sales (Former Employee) –  MontanaApril 28, 2018
Of it was possible to give less than one star, thats what it would be rated. There was no feeling of job security even though job was preformed well beyond the realm of expectation. Management is a joke. More interested in how they can take care of themselves and their favored employees than how they can better the company. I would not recommend anyone work for this "company."
Well Established Business
QC area (Former Employee) –  Ethridge, MTOctober 26, 2017
Never have I worked for any sort of agricultural business before so this was my first experience. I learned many new things while there and met many friendly faces. There were multiple opportunities for job change and advancement.
Extreme high turnover
Parts Specialist (Former Employee) –  Great Falls, MTJanuary 14, 2017
You are viewed as a position not a person. You can be terminated at any time for any reason. You are never allowed to feel comfortable and you are made aware that you can be let go at anytime. They do not value experience or knowledge. People are nice to start but after 30-90 days they treat you different. Extremely high turnover especially in mid management because of hiring unqualified people usually because they know someone.
Never boring
Torges live (Former Employee) –  Austin, MNJanuary 9, 2017
I did not like my job because my other co workers we're boring, can't help others out.. The bosses were rude and disrespectful too..
Pros
Free food, free pop, shirts...
Cons
Not enough hours, bad managment, cant really move up..
great place to learn mechanic work
Service tech/Flagger/Parts Dept. (Former Employee) –  Ethridge, MTNovember 28, 2016
Torgerson's llc is a great place to learn and work and get lots of experience on working on agricultural equipment. I learned great skills in operating equipment
Pros
fun workplace and great group of employees
Enjoy working with rural customers
Receptionist/Phone Operator (Former Employee) –  Great Falls, MTMarch 29, 2016
One of my typical days would be answering the phone and helping someone with an issue. Talking with customers that have come in to pick up something. I think people like when you spend time with helping them and just visiting. Working as a team with co-workers proves to be great effort that brings good results. The hardest part of a job is when you can't help a customer or telling someone they owe you money when they don't expect it, I think getting to know people and being a good part to their problem solving.
Pros
Working with a good bunch of people
Cons
Not having communication with some departments
Excellent Community Bond
Corporate Support & Marketing (Former Employee) –  Great Falls, MTFebruary 18, 2015
Torgerson's has an amazing community bond and works hard to keep its employees happy. The management team has great intentions but sometimes overbooked schedules interfere with personal relationships and necessary to do lists.

The business is 100+ years old and is transitioning from a family run business to more of a corporate layout, which has its complications but with more time it should be a success.

Co-workers were amazing and always great to work with and very little did I leave a day overly stressed or wanting to quit.

If you are loyal to them, they will be loyal to you.

Excellent advancement opportunities for service positions.