Torrance Memorial Medical Center Employee Reviews

Avoid working in Sterile Processing here
Sterile Processing Technician II (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAFebruary 27, 2019
Here's the complete run down of this pathetic department. You start off in Decontamination where you pick up portable toilets from the many floors and half the time they're soiled. You also pick up the carts filled with surgical trays from the OR and process them. As time goes on you will be dealing with many employees coming and going in the department because everyone gets burned out from dealing with the managers unprofessional management. Then you got the nurses that will make your job beyond difficult that you would begin to stop caring about doing your job since they can't follow common sense and also make your trips to the floors for picking up IV Poles and Pumps a nightmare. The break room is always dirty, the floor is always sticky, the trash gets taken out once a day, and the fridge hardly ever gets cleaned out. If you're trying to find a spot for experience to get promoted into a scrub tech position, don't try it here. You will really wish you worked somewhere else
Pros
The Cafeteria food is always good especially breakfast
Cons
Manager will act like its always your fault
Good learning experience
OR Training program (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CADecember 7, 2018
OR training program. Setting the OR's up for surgeries by stocking rooms, assigning staff to each OR, pre-oping patients, circulating and or scrubbing surgeries and also observing multiple types of surgeries gave me the opportunity to become a more well rounded, knowledgable, nurse.
Most enjoyable for me was being able to be there for the patients in pre-op and answer their questions or concerns and ease their way. Then assisting in their surgery and following up with them in PACU. I like the continuity of this type of patient care.
The staff during my training were mostly supportive.
Pros
Good patient interactions
Cons
Management needed improvement
Fun place!
Point of Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Torrance, CANovember 2, 2018
I’ve been with Torrance for 7years now and I’m still grateful to be a part of this hospital. The people are great and everybody is very caring.. the work environment is always maintained clean.
Pros
Employees are awesome!
Cons
25muls always from home
Amazing workplace
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CANovember 1, 2018
The people, atmosphere and over all enviornment of Torrance Memorial Medical Center was phenomenal! Everyone was alwats in a good mood and the management is fair and considering.
Pros
At work cafe, benefits and flexibilaty
ok place to work
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Torrance, CANovember 1, 2018
Working at TMMC is very high school where people complain to management and gossip every day. Management likes to build cases against and yet they are not very helpful when there is a serious issue going on and they brush you off and act like it's not a bid deal.
Pros
didn't have to work weekends
Cons
bad management
Productive and fun workplace
Patient Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaOctober 16, 2018
Work culture is the best at TMMC. Management has great communication skills and is there to support 100%. Typical day at work was to register the patient , verify insurance, submit authorizations and to make sure the patient receive the best care and address all question and concerns that the patient might have. the hardest part of the job was to find out a patient that you have grown to has passed.
Great Benefits
Registration Clerk (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAOctober 11, 2018
Great place to work at. In order to move up the ladder you need to become friends with your manager, otherwise your hard work will go unnoticed. Overall, good work environment.
Great place to work!
RN (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CASeptember 18, 2018
overal a great work environment. Managers and charge RN's in both dept I worked were always approachable and supportive, along with fellow RN's. Team-work is big here!
Pros
good support systems
Loved tmmc.. Was apart of my family...
Unit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CASeptember 10, 2018
I loved working at TMMC...i was there for 26 years...loved every minute of it...made amazing friends..i grew up there learning from my colleagues and new adventures with the computers systems and remodels.. I saw many patients thrive and doctors retire..my lufe was full and rewarding helping my community.. I loved every minute of learning and beong a team player.
Pros
Commrades..long time family friends team work environment.
Cons
Some short staffing.. Some long hours but all rewarding.
Certified Phlebotomy Technician 1 (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAAugust 6, 2018
Torrance Memorial was a great place to work, I have no complaints. The work was comparable and always room to learn new aspects of the job with a flexible work schedule and meetings either during lunch with lunch provided or on the weekends with breakfast provided
It was such a great place to intern at
Physical Therapy Aide/Student Observer (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAAugust 2, 2018
The PT staff were incredibly helpful and very professional. I was able to work with out patients and observe policy and procedures. The hardest part of the job was seeing people come in that were in pain, and you just want to help them immediately feel better.
Pros
learning and observing
Cons
intern - so not paid
It was fun working at TMMC and I learned a lot.
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAJuly 31, 2018
Working there for twelve years was like working for a few years. It was a wonderful place to work, an experience that I would remember for a lifetime.
Pros
Lots of activities for employees, such as ice cream social and walk a thon for the American heart association
Cons
It was quite a distance from my place.
A place where I can make a difference.
Respiratory Care Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Torrance, CAJuly 29, 2018
I have been with TMMC for 20 years now and every day is a different day and a new challenge to do my best not only for the hospital but more importantly for my patients and their families.
As a respiratory department we all work together as a team to help one an other and balance the workload not only at the beginning of the shift but throughout the day. I've learn to communicate with the entire staff of the hospital, doctors and nurses a like to provide the best and most accurate care for my patients.
I look forward to every day I work because I know I have a great team and management to support me.
Pros
cafe discounts
Wonderful Place
Staff Nurse, Emergency Department (Current Employee) –  Torrance, CAJuly 10, 2018
Best place to work. Competitive pay, great benefits, feels like home. Downside is not a lot of room for growth if you want to go back to school (i.e. doesn’t really hire NPs)
Busy work flow
PHLEBOTOMY TECH II (Current Employee) –  Torrance, CAJuly 9, 2018
It's been great working in torrance memorial medical center. I learned a lot when it comes to my skills, we have a good working environment. People are respectful and very professional.
very unfair
Laboratory Technician (Current Employee) –  Torrance, CAJune 17, 2018
too much favoritism in the laboratory. very rude and unfair. you can be the hardest worker there and they will still look for a way to fire you. too much gossip and drama.
Great hospital with very good benefits
Hospice Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Torrance, CAJune 15, 2018
I have really enjoyed working at Torrance Memorial. For the most part the management is fair and pro employee. Torrance Memorial recently partnered with Cedars and it seem like the culture is changing. Our CEO, Craig Leach is fantastic.
I am a hospice nurse and our census has been very high, so nurses are being stretched to the limit. When staffing is good, it's a great job but when staffing is bad, it's unbearable.
The benefits are very good for the most part.
Great People
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAMay 21, 2018
Love TMMC, everyone is extremely nice. You really feel taken care of, training is in groups management is very helpful. Schedules usually are every other weekend off. Friendly staff,
State of the Art and evidence based health care.
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Torrance, CAMay 20, 2018
Health care is innovative and state of the art. The corporation is interested in providing excellent health care at all levels. Interest for evidence based practices.
good company
Certified Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAMay 15, 2018
very good company to work for, nurses are great and really care for their patients. Always good team work, and schedules are flexible with paid time off. Managers work with you to make sure everything is okay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Torrance Memorial Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Torrance Memorial Medical Center Reviews by Location