Torrid Employee Reviews

Plus size women's clothing store.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Hagerstown, MDJanuary 18, 2019
Great place to find youthful women's clothing that is made well. Torrid is always having deals and is welcome to everyone! The sizes begin at a 10 and go to 32.
Nice part-time job
Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Saint George, UTJanuary 18, 2019
If you need money and this is your only job you will struggle. Not great pay and iffy hours. Love my management team. Whole team is full of nice women who enjoy each other’s company.
Pros
Discount, people, clothes
Cons
Pay, hours
great clothes, poor management
Management Keyholder (Former Employee) –  Bismarck, NDJanuary 16, 2019
great clothes, poor management -- I liked the job and the customers but the upper management was not at all like I expected. It was ok at first but then there were some changes and the manager was lazy and was not a team player. the hard workers were thrown under the bus for her inability to manage.
Not a bad place
Key Holder (Management) (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaJanuary 15, 2019
The environment was nice, the pay was not bad, but there werent a lot of hours available. They are very relaxed about the dress code as long as your very trendy. The management was nice and the training isnt bad.
Unfriendly Work Environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COJanuary 13, 2019
When I was employed here, all the other employees would sit around and not get any work. When I would do different tasks and try to keep the store clean the other girls often felt that I wasn't inclined to speak with them. I preferred to keep myself busy and was ultimately deemed unfriendly by other workers. The manager was not very professional and chose favorites. When I was unable to stay in town for my break, as my dorm was closed, I was let go, even though I was told that it was okay when I was hired.
It ok
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJanuary 10, 2019
They only keep you on as part time. The only way you can advance in the sales position is to be one of the bosses favorite’s. The only thing I liked about working there was a major discount you get in a few of my coworkers.
Pros
Great discount
Cons
Short hours/ not enough hours
Fun Environment at Times
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  West Des Moines, IAJanuary 8, 2019
Shifts for part time employees are very short, usually 4 to 5 hours only. Must be able to work weekends and no time off requests during haute cash weeks NO MATTER WHAT. Ability to deal with hard/upset customers is key. Fun environment and open minded to everyone.
Pros
Employee discount, Customer Interaction
Cons
Benefits for management only, Customer Interaction
The managers really make or break!!!!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  ProvidenceJanuary 3, 2019
I loved working at Torrid because of my managers. They valued customer service and cleanliness. We had the cleanest store and ALWAYS valued the customer.
Not the ideal job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Orland Park, ILJanuary 2, 2019
This job and its culture doesn't allow for advancement or growth. The managers themselves were heavily aware of the lack of growth. As far as first jobs go, definitely steer clear from this one.
Pros
discounts, promotion opportunity
Cons
crazy scheduling, underpaid
Low pay to sell expensive clothes
Associate (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCJanuary 2, 2019
Great people and environment. Pay needs help. Hours are terrible. Only two or three full time employees in a store. Great if you want to work 5 hours a week solely for the discount.
Pros
Discounts, great people, fun environment
Cons
Short shifts, low pay
they are the best
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCJanuary 2, 2019
me working for torrid has been a amazing experience the only thing that i would changes is that they need to put on the works who want to work hard and strive to make the store the best for the customers
Pros
the company will give free bras to the employes to tryh
Great culture, short shifts
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNDecember 28, 2018
I love working at Torrid. Shifts are short, employee discounts are great, and the customers and staff are kind. Only complaint is getting hours is hard unless you're management so it doesn't pay the bills.
Pros
Short shifts
Friendly, Good first time job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Traverse City, MIDecember 27, 2018
Torrid was my first ever job and I enjoyed it a lot! Didn't care for management, they were friendly but at times I felt judged. (could be from my own anxiety!) But I really loved working here, the customers are amazing, its so great helping people feel confident in their own skin! Pay was decent, and discount on clothes was PHENOMENAL!
Pros
Discount, Friendly customers, nice workplace
Cons
Very Particular Management, Pay is okay
Worst experience
employee (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLDecember 24, 2018
I worked for Torrid in this location and it was the worst working experience of my working career. The management staff is caddy and all they do is gossip and talk poorly about each other behind their backs. They belittle everyone, including the customers. This was the most negative environment I have ever worked in. Store manager is the worst instigator for all of the gossip and negative talk that goes on there. She complains about everyone there, the company and mostly complains about the district manager on a daily basis.
The best thing this company could do, is to start fresh with a whole new management team. Then they would see the numbers go up. Until then, moral is so low and so much negativity that it shows in their sales and credit card captures.
Pros
really great discount for retail
Cons
management, management, management!!!
Very fun place to work at
PT Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 16, 2018
I love working at torrid. I’ve gotten taught and I’ve taught so much! Just wish I got paid a little more for all the work I do! I also have no time for a life with all the dumb hours they make us work.
Pros
Working
Cons
Short breaks, little pay, no time for a life
If it’s a first job not for you!!
Part Time Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Aurora, ILDecember 11, 2018
I loved working here only because I grew deep relationships with my customers. You do have have very demanding customers so you need to know how to handle it correctly. I had 1 complaint and was not allowed to advance in the company dispite being told I was being promoted. I started at 8.25 and only worked 1or 2 days for 4 hour shifts and would be cut. Being in management is stressful. The district manager who handles Fox valley, Bolingbrook etc is rude and belittling.
Pros
Awesome co workers, amazing customers.
Cons
No benefits if not in management. Low pay. No room for growth. No pto.
Its a good part time job for extra money
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Clark, NJDecember 8, 2018
The managers were great and it was a good way to make some extra money. The pay isn't that great but the discount is 40% and 50% at the end of the month, and then 60% if your store makes the quarter. Hours are dependent on how much money the store makes, typical retail.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Terrible pay
It's a great second job
Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHDecember 4, 2018
It's a great second job for the evening, bit not really more than that. It's hard to move up but if your looking for a little job for only a few days a week, it's the place to go
productive
Key Holder Manager (Current Employee) –  Plattsburgh, NYDecember 4, 2018
very nice people to work with. Willing to work around times you need off. i love that i have repeat customers that come in looking for me and my opinion on clothing and styles for them.
Not a great company to work for
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYNovember 29, 2018
The executives at Torrid have very unrealistic expectations. They make many mistakes then blame the employees when sales are low. The managers are constantly stressed trying to get everything completed often time working after clocking out (without being paid) in order to complete the tasks set. The store is understaffed which causes shrink (theft) to be high then the executives penalize the managers. The store is large so if there are only 2 employees working the store and one is on the register, that leaves only one person to clean, attend to customer needs, process shipment, restock, and watch for shoplifters, this is insane. Most other companies have at least 4 employees on at a time and this is in much smaller stores, and many of them in this area have designated security guards. To make matters work their products are overpriced and Ugly, these are things I hear from customers constantly. people come in and struggle to find things that they like and that fit properly. My honest opinion doesn't work here it's not worth it.
Pros
40% off discount 50% off once per month
Cons
Everything else

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Torrid. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

2.4Personal Development

3.9Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight