Torrid Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
I love it!
sales associate (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, WAJuly 18, 2018
It took me a long time to finally apply to Torrid, and when I finally did; I got the job! I was so excited because the employees were always to find and helpful. The company prides themselves on customer service. Since working here, I hold every place of retail to a high standard. I want to feel like I belong no matter where I go, and Torrid does an excellent job at doing so.
I love working for Torrid
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Prosper, TXJuly 17, 2018
Working for Torrid has been a dream come true, I will say I don't agree with some aspects of the management, the fact that I'm not going to school or have anything else really going on but working I have more time to work. But I cant get a full-time sales position makes it hard to live on a small money salary every 2 weeks being paid. Other than that I really do love the work and talking to customers and getting to make ladies feel sexy and confident in Torrid's wonderful clothes.
Accepting and friendly workplace with stressful moments
Part Time Key Holder (Current Employee) –  ConnecticutJuly 12, 2018
I did have fun working at Torrid, and I have made many friends and acquaintances during my time here. There is a 40% discount for all employees, which is helpful since they want to wear the clothes if possible. The dress code is fairly flexible. The hardest part of the job is doing customer returns and troubleshooting when things don't go as planned, as well as changing the full body mannequins (they are very heavy). I moved up to a management position fairly quickly, so as long as you work hard, there are plenty of opportunities for advancement. One thing I did not enjoy was how quickly the management and associate employees left to find something else, somewhere else, or because they were terminated. Personally, I had four different managers and three different district managers, and I have been there for less than a year. I was also working full time hours as a part time assistant manager, and was carrying out tasks that were not in the job description of my level, and was not getting paid enough to do so.
Pros
discount, relationships
Cons
no benefits, somewhat inflexible management hours
so many tasks with little help to get it done
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Robinson Township, PAJuly 9, 2018
Torrid is all about giving you the maximum amount of tasks with the absolute lowest amount of payroll hrs to get it done. Consistently feels like you can never keep your head above the water. As a manager you will always open the store by yourself until 1 pm. I was never given a raise or ever reviewed for the 2 yrs I've been there. ever. Lack of positive feedback. Lack of encouragement. No reviewing in the moment, but you will hear about something wrong you did 3 weeks later. Also unfair scheduling. Store manager opens every shift and closes 1 time a month. I and other managers close 3 to 4 times per week. never had this shift unbalance with other 2 retailers I've managed for. Positive feedback- good monthly bonus program for full time managers if you make your sales plan.
Fun place
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Germantown, TNJuly 9, 2018
I enjoy my time working at Torrid and would never want to talk down about my experience. The workplace was fast paced and sometimes stressful with the door seeming like a revolving door of people.
Do not work here if you dont like talking to people!
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Orange County, CAJuly 4, 2018
Management team does not care for its employees, they only care for themselves. They do this by scheduling themselves first, then giving the few remaining hours to the associates. Each week management is given a certain number of hours they can schedule people for, and unless you are completely free with no social life at all you might get to work 3 days in one week. But there is never a guaranteed shift that you always get or a guaranteed amount of hours you work each week. At most they will maybe give an associate 11 hours a week. But that is all they will give you, and they only give you that if they really really like you. Favoritism is a huge factor when management makes schedules. But if one has a life they need to live, then at most you will probably be given just one shift a week, and on top of that, you will be given it on a day that doesn't work out for you. Even if you contact management and tell them your conflicts in advance, they will still schedule you on a day of a conflict because "we really need coverage" or "that is the only day I can give you"
When you first start out they make you sign a waiver waving away your right to a 30 minute break. If you refuse this waiver, they will never schedule you for more than 5 hours. But if you do then you may work a 6 or 7 hour shift with just a 15 minute break.
The company itself holds ridiculously high standards to its employees, such as badgering customers to apply for their credit card, or pestering them to let you help them find something to buy. They also make it a competition to see who gets the most credit card
  more... applications per month, and if you only work one 3 hour shift a week . . . Think acting like a very shrill mouse with its mouth stapled to look like the Cheshire cat's grin and you have what customers see when they first walk into the store.  less
Pros
Employee discount
Cons
Short breaks, stressful work environment, scheduling, management
Loved the company but....
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INJuly 4, 2018
I loved the company, I loved the charity work the company did and all the different organizations it supported but.... The structure of the company was challenging along with the hours. THere is a blackout period for the company where you are not allowed to request time off which is challenging considering that it is during the holiday season. As someone who has to travel to spend the holidays with family it was difficult for me to visit my family. The hours were also terrible during the blackout dates. They had strict schedules for the managers during the holidays and it was very hard to work certain hours because you got no rest or a break during that time because of how busy it was and we weren't given the help we needed.
Unorganized
SEASONAL SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Coral Springs, FLJuly 2, 2018
There is no room for advancement, very little pay, not enough hours, and the management is very unorganized. The only good thing about working here was the discount on clothing.
Loved working here, Hated having no hours.
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 1, 2018
Torrid was a wonderful company to work for, I loved getting dressed up for work and showing off the clothes to customers. It was like being a walking billboard. I would have stayed if the hours were livable.
Pros
Half off clothes.
Cons
Not enough hours to make a living.
Torrid Life-It’s Great!
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Birch Run, MIJune 28, 2018
Having a great management team makes or breaks the experience of working for Torrid. Having a team that prioritizes gossip or favoritism over empowering the individuals that come into the store leads to unhappy associates.

I happen to have a management team that stands for and promotes the values on which the company started, and also what it has transformed into. Being a part of an environment that is inclusive and constantly lifts up the customers, and associates, every day has made my experience working here worth everything. I am so happy to say that I work for this company and hope to promote further into the company in the future to teach associates what I have been fortunate enough to have learned.
Pros
Management, discount, experience
Cons
Sometimes uncertain hours
Best place to work in Portland
Keyholder (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORJune 25, 2018
I adore my job at Torrid. My management team is friendly and communicative, and I love all my sales associates. The discount is high - 40%, and works on most sale priced items and clearance. We can also use our discount at Hot Topic since they are our sister store. There’s always the occasional difficult customer, but I know that my coworkers will always have my back. Other stores in the district are also very helpful if you have a question about something, or need them to search their store for an item for a customer.
I think the best thing, though, is inspiring women of all ages and sizes. As a woman who has had so many body issues in the past, I love helping people find things that make them feel as beautiful as they are.
Pros
Discount, great coworkers, inspiring position
Cons
Not a living wage (but portland is expensive af)
Casual Culture
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Santa Rosa, CAJune 24, 2018
Overall I enjoyed working at Torrid however, I stopped working there because I did not feel that management did not address issues in a productive way.
Pros
Employee discount, casual atmosphere
Cons
Poor assistant management, unfair distributions of tasks
fun
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Montebello, CAJune 23, 2018
this was my favorite job but the only thing I wasn't happy about is the hours I was only working 3 days out of the whole week which wasn't enough for me
Fun with a great discount
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tracy, CAJune 21, 2018
Torrid is a great place to for while in school, very flexible hours. The girls I worked with there great and helped me get over some of my insecurities.
Not to mention the 40% off discount is great too.
Torrid life
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NE/ Westroads MallJune 21, 2018
I absolutely LOVED LOVED LOVED working for this company and had the opportunity to advance. The management were AMAZING! This is the BEST company that I have EVER worked for in my entire life NO lie. I wished the pay was more to live off of without having to have another job on the side. But besides that I can't complain about my time there. I left due to relocation to a different state. I enjoyed all my coworkers and the customers made my job worth coming in everyday. The environment itself was HAPPY, even when there was a lot to do that day.
Torrid Store Manager
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Farmington, UTJune 21, 2018
It is a great company that cares about their employees. They are fast growing retail company in a market that is not growing at the moment. Customers and the connections you make with them are your number one priority. You will get to know most of your customers that walk in the door. District managers and other managers are extremely helpful, all it takes is asking for the help.
Pros
Growth, benefits, 401 K
Wasn’t my best experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Valley Stream, NYJune 20, 2018
Torrid is surrounded by favoritism when it comes to promotions and excelling in the work place. The district manager is an unfair tyrant who could careless and does about her employees.
Pros
Discounts
Drama, dishonesty, unorganized
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  VirginiaJune 18, 2018
Management was dishonest about working with my schedule, there was so much drama that I would dread coming into work. Unorganized, back room was and still is a complete mess and people were quiting left and right. Torrid is all about profit and nothing about it's costumers or employees.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Work you less than 5 1/2 hrs so you don't take a lunch break, frowned upon if you take a 15 min break during a 4 HR shift. Dishonesty, drama, unprofessional, unorganized
Great discount-poor hours
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARJune 17, 2018
I love my job, but I wonder if it's worth the hours and pay I get for all the great things I do for the company. Payroll is a huge issue in my district, so none of us truly get the hours we deserve. The pay could be better.
Pros
discounts
Cons
payroll
Nice place, great empowerment for women
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAJune 16, 2018
The best thing about Torrid is making other women feel beautiful. There was a lack of communication between the sales associates and the managers. However, I am happy with my job there.
Pros
great discounts
Cons
long days, poor management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Torrid. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

2.4Personal Development

3.9Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight