Torrid Employee Reviews

retail
Sales Associate-Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Westminster, CAOctober 15, 2018
a pretty basic retail job, pretty quick paced when its sale season. friendly environment. working as a key holder is much more beneficial than working as an associate.
Positive Work Environment with Plenty of Opportunities to Grow
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Reynoldsburg, OHOctober 10, 2018
During the duration of my employment, I spent my days returning clothes back to their displays, keeping the floors clean, and assisting the customers as needed. I learned about the internal processes of the store, taking in inventory, and loss prevention. We as a company create a positive environment where plus size women can feel comfortable and confident while searching for clothes that fit them well. I enjoyed working here because it was nice to be able to talk to plus size women and help them from a perspective of someone who understands the physical and mental struggles of finding clothes. It makes the customers feel better knowing that they will have better help to find what they are looking for.
good workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaOctober 9, 2018
Working at Torrid as a sales associate helped me to hone in on some of my skills from my previous sales job. I learned how to work more independently and confidently and was able to really use my creativity.
Pros
great employee discount
Cons
poor pay
great clothes, terrible management
Retail sales, customer service, Stylist (Current Employee) –  Mays Landing, NJOctober 8, 2018
I started to work at torrid in April of this year (2018), and even though I think I have done a good job of being an employee, the store manager shows completely unfair favoritism to other employees, and gives them much better hours.
Productive work environment
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Gurnee, ILOctober 4, 2018
It is a wonderful company to work for
Great benefits and 401 K
Great environment
But time for me to move on and see what I can learn from different companies
Benefits
Cons
Management changes
A great group of woman
Part Time Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Ontario, CAOctober 1, 2018
A typical day at Torrid would be clocking in, learning the daily goals, assigned a zone on the sales floor, and assist customers. Once in a while you will receive a project to complete in between helping customers like sizing a zone, processing shipment, fill your zone with new product or re merchandise. Regular daily goals beside daily sales goal would be a credit card goal that is set for you. Typically you would need to get a min of two Credit cards per shift. The hardest part of the job is simply getting over you shyness and talk to a customer. Confidence is key to getting those sales goals achieved.
Pros
Great environment, Solid workflow
Cons
Some down time
It's up to you how successful you are
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaSeptember 30, 2018
This is an amazing company to work for. It's customer centric and all about empowering women. It's an extremely fast pace company to work for because it continues to grow and outshine other retailers. You have to be self motivated to be successful.
Great place to work!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mishawaka, INSeptember 27, 2018
Being a part of Torrid's team is fabulous. I enjoyed working with the customers and making them feel more beautiful than they already are. We have each other's back regardless of the circumstances. We are very driven in making sure our company and store looks great!
a lot of work with little payroll and hours.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  TNSeptember 26, 2018
Poor hourly pay, a lot of tasking and workload with too little payroll and staff. Lack of full time assistant managers make managers jobs harder. High expectations and little work life balance.
Pros
Great discounts, benefits for full time managers
Cons
Poor pay for work expectations, schedule is not flexible, constant turnover
Loved my Coworkers
Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  Fairbanks, AKSeptember 21, 2018
I loved my coworkers. The manager who hired me, lied to me. I was told I would be getting 15 hours a week minimum, and got 7 hours a week. I was told $10 an hour, and got $7.25. I only stuck it out long enough to find another job. I loved helping my customers, and working with my coworkers. I absolutely enjoyed it. Even with the corporate stuff happening, I still managed to enough it.
Pros
Good Coworkers
Cons
Bad company followthrough.

Want to know more about Torrid?

Ask a question
Love my job
Sales Associate/Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYSeptember 21, 2018
If you want to advance in the company just stick around for a while. You wont get any more than 10 hours a week during a regular work week. My manager is awesome.Pay isn't great.
great place to work - no hours
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  New Hartford, NYSeptember 20, 2018
we have over 10 people on our roster and about half of us are working like 3 hours a week. management keeps hiring and cutting hours. no way to advance or make a decent living this way. if youre just bored and want an employee discount, this is the place for you but if you have bills to pay or a family to take care of, good luck
Enjouable place to work
Sale Associate (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CASeptember 12, 2018
I was a seasonal worker. Interacting with different customers and helping them was my favorite part. The manager at the time was very informative and all employees were very welcoming.
I worked at the Mall of America Torrid; a high volume store
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mall of AmericaSeptember 11, 2018
Typical Day: Check in with manager or shift lead on what sales related goals are to be met for the day and get assigned area of the store. Genuinely greet every customer regardless of assigned area in the store. There's more but it depends on what area one works in the store.
I learned how to push myself to multi-task, quickly find items in the store, trust my fashion instinct, and ask for help without being shy.
Management was excellent. Always available for help, and modeled anticipating the needs of others while keeping things running efficiently.
Workplace culture was accepting of the LGBTQ community.
The hardest part of the job was telling customers there would be a wait for the dressing room and seeing their frustration. Asking customers if they were interested in a torrid credit card and getting rejected sucked too.
The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing people light up when they found cute or sexy or whatever outfits that fit them perfectly. The sense of a job well done.
Pros
Helping people. Shifts move quickly when busy.
Cons
Short breaks. Little physical rest when busy.
Terrible Job with Terrible Management
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Round Rock, TXSeptember 11, 2018
I worked there for almost Two years at the Round Rock location. The store manager was very rube, snarky, unhelpful, two-faced, manipulative, and all around terrible. As associates we were treated like children, talked down to, talked about behind our backs, given absolutely no breaks even if you were management, and if the store manager did not like you then she gave you the least hours or no hours what so ever. The customers were great, I only left due to the terrible management, as soon as I put in my two weeks I was given a rude attitude and basically treated like I did not exist. If you have any self respect I do not recommend working for this place, not even the higher ups care about you.
Pros
great customers, great co-workers, awesome clothes, and really relaxed.
Cons
literally everything other then those things.
Typical Day at Torrid
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Turlock, CASeptember 10, 2018
My typical day at Torrid consisted of cleaning fitting rooms, cashier, and helping customers shop. Usually there were two employees including myself that worked a shift together and we were expected to run the entire store. The hardest thing about the job would have to be the lack of hours that were given to me by management because I was student. I was not able to make a decent amount of money because my school schedule. Even though I resigned, I did enjoy my short time at Torrid. As a frequent customer it was like a dream to work for a company that I loved and knew so well.
Pros
employee discounts
Cons
management issues
My experience
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Webster, TXSeptember 9, 2018
Torrid is a great place to work if you are just trying to earn some extra cash while going to school, however you will not be making enough money to fully support yourself or pay the bills unless you are at least a part time assistant manager. Hours can fluctuate drastically from three hours to thirty depending on how many employees your location has employed and the time of year. The holiday season is obviously the busiest but if the manager decides to hire on some extra temporary associates then you may not get much benefit from the holidays. They do offer holiday pay (time and a half) for all employees. Only management gets bonuses however, we do get rewards like $10 off a purchase when goals are met. My favorite part about working at Torrid is the employee discount. We get 40% off regularly, and once a month we get a weekend of 50% off. When we make a quarterly goal, we get one day of 60% off. We also get 40% off at Hot Topic and 30% off at Box Lunch. Most shifts are about three hours long. If you are scheduled to work four or more hours then you are allowed a fifteen minute break and if you are working six or more hours then you get a thirty minute meal break plus your fifteen minute break. They do not seem to like to hire from within but I think that depends on the district manager. The current district manager for my district has only given one promotion (that I know of) in the past year. A store manager that I know from another store was able to work up from sales associate all the way to store manager in just a couple of years under a different DM. If you really want  more... to move up in this company, do your best to make a great impression on your DM every time she visits your store and be willing to transfer locations.  less
Cool place to work
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKSeptember 6, 2018
I did enjoy working here, the staff was always pleasant to be around including the store manager. At times things could be slow but that was expected in our mall. I thing the company as a whole is great place to work.
Pros
flexible hours, paid biweekly
it sucked
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHSeptember 5, 2018
you get a discount but its like nothing nothing at all. they would often tell me not to come in. i got paid every two weeks. i would hope to get 140 dollars but more often than not i wouldn;t get that id get much, much less.
Pros
discount
Cons
no hours
PT - Sales Associate
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 4, 2018
The job overall is easy if you have good customer service skills and learn to work the register. Lots of regular customers come in which make it fun and feel personal. Management was great, very friendly and accomodating on most things with enough notice. Employee discount on clothing items is a nice bonus.
Pros
Employee Discount
Cons
Pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Torrid. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

2.4Personal Development

3.9Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight