Torrid Employee Reviews

Just wasn't for me, but I still love the company.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Beavercreek, OHJanuary 19, 2018
Honestly, there's so much there when it comes to working at Torrid.
It all depends on who you are.
It was such an incredibly euphoric feeling to be helping to build a brand new store. I loved the hard work and the team effort that was put in.
But the main time our store was busy was for Haute Cash and Christmas. After building the store, my hours consisted of 3-6 hours a week, which was fine by me, but the work went by so terribly and deathly slow.
Anxiety was a very common factor throughout the entire team, which made the day much harder.
Some days were so excellent, and I would go home feeling entirely fulfilled. I would have women go from crying over jeans to laughing through their tears, showing me videos of their dogs. Or helping women with tears of joy find outfits for weddings or women with tears of anguish find a dress for a funeral. Those days were special for me. But unfortunately, the bad ended up outweighing the good.
Pros
40% discount, being first to see new product, wonderful head manager
Cons
Lacking in hours, typically somewhat slow, clique type atmosphere, never knowing what to expect or what to prepare for.
fashionable, productive,and a fun place to work
Salesperson (Current Employee) –  Moreno Valley, CAJanuary 18, 2018
torrid is the best company to work, the are stylish and welcomes all shapes and sizes. thee staff is very friendly, and welcoming to all their customers.
Pros
fashionalble
Cons
hours
Its ok
Associate/Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Norridge, ILJanuary 16, 2018
This is not a job for the faint of heart. There are a lot of crazy customers and it is a very fast paced environment. The discounts are great. so if youre someone who loves fashion then this is for you.
Fun, supportive, fast paced work place.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lees Summit, MOJanuary 15, 2018
Very good place to work! Although I didn't receive as many hours as I had wished, it was a great place to work. Fellow colleges were supportive and fun. Would be the best first job to have.
Pros
Discounts, fun workplace, and chances for advancements.
Cons
Not that many hours.
Great company to work for
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 15, 2018
Let’s start off with the generous discount that employees receive. Also I love how they encourage their employees when it comes to sales you don’t just sel with out being recognized. In my short time working there I was even able to meet the regional manager who came and actually worked ten floor with us
Pros
Great discount
Cons
Better pay
A good job for retail
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Manchester, CTJanuary 13, 2018
I do not like the retail environment so I know my review will be biased, but the key reason I continue to work there is because I work with amazing people.
Great customers, but new DM ruined my experience.
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJanuary 11, 2018
Absolutely loved the job, you meet the most wonderful customers and can honestly have a blast, but quick ho]iring happens a lot beyond the store level and as a manager can negatively affect you. The new DM did not represent Torrid, and quickly took away everything I loved about working for the company.
Fun working environment, Just be careful with who your employers are
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJanuary 11, 2018
Working here was great for the time that I was there. I had a great management team and got along with everyone well. Once the management team left and was replaced, it started to go down hill. No one was doing there jobs and basically tried to change everything about the store. That combined with the District Manager was the worst thing that could’ve happened at the store. They don’t want people that have been employed by the old management and there was no way that I would have been able to move up in the company. All I’m saying is be careful and know your worth.
It was great at first.....
Sales Associate/ Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 11, 2018
Torrid is a great company to shop and work for. I was in love going to work everyday but due to the bad judgement of corporate and hiring two incapable and insensitive people to be district and regional managers in 2015, thats when the district and family bond we all had as a store and district became stressful to work under.
Emphasizes on Customer Service
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Merrillville, INJanuary 10, 2018
You will go through long periods of the day lasting 2-3 hours where their is nothing to do. If you don't mind standing around you will be fine. They focus heavily on customer service. They want you to follow the customers around and bring items to dressing room even when they clearly don't want help
Great Place!!
Store Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Leominster, MAJanuary 10, 2018
When I was working at Torrid, I really loved my job but if I had to say one thing bad about the company it would be that I had to quit because I either had to choose between working or going home to attend my step-mother's funeral. Besides that, they are a really good company and takes care of their employees.
Pros
Breaks, 40% Discounts, Chances to advance to a higher position
too much negavity
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 8, 2018
at first it was great to work at Torrid but then the issues between management got very annoying. never got enough hours. only a couple of customers were ever nice
Retail Customers
Full-Time Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Farmington Hills, MIJanuary 8, 2018
My ladies were amazing i was able to dress them head to toe and they loves how i was able to dress them for any event they were able to come in even at the last min and i took care of them
Great place to work!
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 8, 2018
Torrid not only taught me about uplifting myself but uplifting others. The all around feel of the company is great! I would suggest this for anyone looking!
Super fun work environment and build great relationships with customers
Part Time Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJanuary 7, 2018
Super busy place to work. Shipment came regularly so there is always something to do. Just not a job to pay my bills with so that is why I am looking for another to add on.
Pros
discount, company that stands strong in believing any size is beautiful, catering to the plus size community.
Fun place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARJanuary 5, 2018
Torrid is one of the best places to work in retail! The small store let’s you interact with customers and get to know the more frequent ones. The positive message behind Torrid clothes is just icing on the cake.
Pros
Discount
Fun work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Palmdale, CAJanuary 4, 2018
Typical day at work included helping customers, taking payment's, and keeping store organized and clean. Coworkers were all friendly and helpful worked well as a team.
Intense
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Coralville, IAJanuary 2, 2018
The hours and the workload are the biggest drawbacks. They don’t provide nearly enough payroll to accomplish everything you’re expected to do. The payrate will keep you there though.
Pros
Pay, benefits, discount
Cons
Lack of Payroll, market over saturation, having to compete with their own online business
Excellent company to work for retail wise and tons of potential growth
Part Time Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Springfield, VAJanuary 2, 2018
I currently work at the Springfield, Va location of Torrid and while it was somewhat of a learning curve at first and while I am still learning more every day I love working here. I am no novice in terms of retail as that is 90% of what I’ve worked including Walmart in the past and this company not only provides the clothing that makes me feel empowered as a plus sized woman it helps me to help others gain confidence in themselves. I started at this company with absolutely NO confidence in myself and now I am more comfortable in my own skin and can be myself and dress how I want at work. I love helping others on the job with feeling the same way as us employees. The discount that can be coupled with promos is a great benefit, I’m in school so this is a job that just pays my bills but I love it. No catty atmosphere, fun environment that can sometimes be extremely fast paced (store set,haute cash redemptions etc.) and the growth potential is fantastic. I worked at Walmart for a little over two years and didn’t move up but have worked at torrid for a few months and climbed up to at least the temp key holder position. If you don’t like dressing “up” (dressing business casual/ preferably in Torrid clothing) and assisting customers who may be self conscious as all get out and need that extra help to feel beautiful in the skin they were given then this isn’t the job for you. It’s rewarding yet hard work; lots of shipment, deadlines, quotas, etc. but I feel it’s worth it if you put everything into it.
Pros
Discount, Employees, Management, Scheduling
Cons
Hours at some points, can be stressful if not used to retail
Everything was great except the district manager
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Kapolei, HIDecember 31, 2017
This particular district manager should not manage. Very critical but never constructive, she was very rude and never lifted anyone. I would work for this company again but not if she was my district manager.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Torrid. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9