Torrid Pay & Benefits reviews

District and Store Managers aren't useful
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, CAJune 7, 2019
They don't hire competent District or Store managers. We never had a full management team while I was there. Key holders get stuck doing all the tasks and running the store. District manager that we had was severely disorganized, had mood swings, never praised people for hard work, never knew who she was talking to, and would tell the workers that they had to wear makeup and have their hair done (against company policy to enforce). The store manager was worse. Together they hired and promoted the wrong people which caused a domino effect of good workers leaving.
Fun at times
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Auburn, WAJune 2, 2019
Some times it was fun. Other times you had management breathing down your back. Super friendly staff. Always something new to looks at. Great discount!
Pros
Discount
Cons
Short breaks.
it was okay
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kapolei, HIMay 31, 2019
work days were pretty slow unless it was the weekend, uhm the store that i worked at really didn't give me hours so i didn't stay there. the benefits were nice.
Pros
discount
Cons
not enough hours
great compay
Part-Time Keyholder (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCMay 28, 2019
loved torrid. had a misunderstanding with the manager but overall a good companuy to work for. need higher wages bc employees do alot of work and it is more strenous than you would think.
Great company to work for
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAMay 17, 2019
As an assistant manager, we had expectations that had to be met, but at the same time were given a lot of freedom within our own store. Because the stores are smaller, we had a great team that became like family. My only drawback is that unless you were the store manager, pay was non-existent. As an assistant manager, I made $2 more an hour than the sales associate, but was expected to do much, much more. It ended up being my reason for leaving.
Pros
flexible schedules, close team
Cons
low pay
Really Fun work place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mankato, MNMay 16, 2019
Everyone got a long and we all enjoyed working together! it was one of the best jobs I have had, and I am really sad about leaving, but I can't wait to return in the future!
Pros
Good work environment
Cons
short/no breaks
Fun environment, no pay, no hours
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Greensburg, PAMay 11, 2019
No hours, no pay, great place to work. But not worth it. They are only willing to hiring teenagers or very young girls. I am 26 and got a job there, but there's so many employees and each of us only get 5 to 10 hours. Not worth it
Pros
Fun environment
Cons
No pay, no hours
Run away
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaMay 8, 2019
Pay is $8 an hour MAX starting out and you only get one shift a week unless you meet their ridiculous minimum of credit card sales and yet expect you to make them your priority job.
If you sell the most credit cards in a month, guess what you get?
Not a bonus.
Not a coupon.
One. Free. Movie. Ticket.
Not to mention the first day I worked there I was there for five hours and they paid me for one. Imagine getting a check from work for $7.25.
I left immediately.
Love the clothes, but everything else needs some serious improvement.
Pros
40% discount
Cons
No hours, no pay
They expect way too much for a minimum wage job.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  MichiganMay 2, 2019
I was lucky enough to get decent management, but they are always short staffed, despite having a lot of employees. But they also have a high turn over rate. The management is often just standing around at the register while the lower employees are running around like crazy trying to deal with customers.
They expect you to con at LEAST one person into getting a credit card per shift, not to mention giving you a high selling goal they expect you to meet (that you don't make commission on or get anything in return for meeting.)
I think they forget that they are paying only minimum wage to everyone but their key holders and management, and having an employee even come in for a 3 hour shift is just not even worth the gas it takes to drive there.
Also expecting you to HAVE to find someone to cover your shift when you call in or you get a write up is ridiculous and I have never been required to do that at even higher paying jobs. Again, they forget they are a minimum wage job.
The discount is nice, but the clothes are ridiculously overpriced as it is so it doesn't make a ton of difference.
Troublesome schedule
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 21, 2019
Would have to come into work 3:00am to opening which was 8:00am with no way of transportation. Even discussed transportation situation with manager, they still gave unrealistic schedules for the week.
Cons
No free lunch, Barely any breaks.
Not worth it
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNApril 16, 2019
No benefits, terrible hours, lots of gossip. The store manager at my location was pretty good, but one of the key holders was absolutely awful and made the already not great job a nightmare. Also, the dressing rooms get really, really smelly and cleaning them will make you gag.
Pros
Discount, coworkers
Cons
Bad management, poor training, low pay, no benefits
Great Environment
Store Manager, NSO, TSM (Former Employee) –  Lombard, ILApril 14, 2019
Retail stress of typical soft lines however growing company with positive culture. Medium size company on growth path with many opportunities however compensation is minimum.
Great environment
Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Milford, CTApril 10, 2019
Management and staff were great ! Not a great position for someone where this would be their only source of income, unless you were interested in manger positions.
Pros
Employee discounts, friendly management.
Cons
Not many benefits
If you're looking for a drama-free environment, don't bother looking here.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, INApril 8, 2019
Hours are awful but flexible. Work is easy but the management expects so much out of you for barely any pay. They hold (sometimes) unrealistic standards for their minimum-wage employees, and absolutely love to play favorites at the location I worked at. They promise you'll work your way up the chain but will give the opportunity to other people if they happen to like them more. Big waste of time, even though it gave me good customer service experience.
Pros
flexible hours, no strict dress code, fun environment
Cons
workplace drama, management plays favorites, low pay, high expectations, employees aren't compensated much whatsoever
Like working 4 hours a week?
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  LouisianaApril 2, 2019
Literally got told by management corporate won't let them schedule people for more than 4 hours a week.
This place is a hobby, not a job.
If you just want something to kill time than its the perfect place for you
Pros
40% employee discount
Cons
No hours
Best Company Ive Ever Worked For
Manager (Current Employee) –  MichiganApril 2, 2019
This company ACTUALLY cares about you! They make sure they listen to their customer and their employee requests when it comes to clothing quality, management, system updates, sales, and tons more.
Every single day you get to influence a Beautiful persons life in one way or another. You hear stories that make your emotions a roller coaster makeing every single day special. You actually WANT to go to work. Your Co workers are like a family, such a drama free environment! It is such an amazing company.
Pros
Flexible Schedule, Benifits, Positive Work Environment
Cons
Fast Passed, Not Many Full Time Positions
Fun to work but no hours and bad pay
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 25, 2019
I loved working with my customers but pay was horrible. Not to mention you get next to NO HOURS! People came in after me and got paid more than I did.
Pros
The customers and the discount
Cons
The pay and hours
Not bad if you dont mind low pay
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMarch 16, 2019
I used to love my job working at torrid, but it became very clear that the pay that they provided was bare minimum and not worth the hours when you thought about it. They will pay you what the state minimum is if not lower (if they can manage).
Fun job, little to no hours
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Westland, MIMarch 14, 2019
Shifts are super short, lucky if you get 5 hours, but hours suck as well, might only get 11 hours a week, and thats on a good week. So the check is only good for gas. Unless you a manager , then you get a semi decent pay check i guess. But as long as you have a great team, and great managers the shifts are usually fun, go by fast. Espically when you are doing what needs to be done.
Cons
Super short shifts
between hours and pay; it’s not worth it.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAMarch 13, 2019
my coworkers are what made me stay for as long as I did. The job was fun from time to time when helping certain customers and building that connection with them. It was fun seeing new product and being able to help in placement on floor sets first hand. It’s a good job for someone coming out of school/still in school or someone looking for some side money. sales associates get paid minimum wage and don’t get any benifits. No personal sales reviews between management and the team are in process either so getting a higher wage is impossible. With that being said, growth opportunities within the company aren’t the greatest. Job only pays good if you’re in management.
Pros
40% discount, with occasional 50-60% off weekends
Cons
Understaffed, almost no hours, no room for growth within company.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Torrid. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.8InHerSight Score

2.2Personal Development

3.8Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight