Tory Burch Employee Reviews

Great workplace, but not enough compensation
Part-Time Sales Support (Current Employee) –  San Marcos, TXNovember 27, 2018
I am a Sales-Support employee so this just includes processing all shipment that we get 3 days a week, replenishing bags to the sales floor, and bring out shoes to customers.
It's a great work environment but compensation is not enough to live off of (as a college student working part-time) however, the employee discounts are great but still, don't make enough to treat myself.
Management is great, positive always motivating.
The hardest part fo the job is processing shipment just because we so many products at once and we have to go thorough and unbox and price/process everything and we get this 3 days a week so there's always clutter in the stock room
Pros
Great management and staff team, employee discount
Cons
compensation
Typical warehouse environment
Shipping Lead / Administrator (Former Employee) –  Carteret, NJOctober 8, 2018
My tenure was brief but telling. While my comrades were amiable, certain elements of management were not enthused with any employee that showed aptitude and the ability to speak English. Plenty of overtime to be had during holidays however. Also, employee onky sample sales present an opportunity to flip merchandise for a substantial profit. As with most warehouse environments promotions are available but showing too much ability can make you a target of insecure managers. Definitely has a plantation feel, but without the oppressive taste of Maoism that some warehouses have.
Pros
Nice enough people, plenty of seasonal overtime
Cons
Low pay, bad location
Just a place to get a check not even 40 hours
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  McDonough, GAJanuary 18, 2019
Nice,Clean warehouse but the Management team sucks they were so unprofessional ended our job assignment in a unprofessional manner,the pay was okay,not enough work for the long hours the down time sucks 30min lunch break two 15min breaks draining Im glad my assignment ended and I wouldn't recommend anyone to work at this place they use you to get the job done and dont appreciate your hard work I was one of they top pickers and they still ended my assignment👎👎👎
Pros
Okay pay
Cons
Short breaks, long draining hours
they are not always offering you the right tools to do your job
Director of Produc Development (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 12, 2018
They are very good with compensation.
You have a review with your manager to achieve your goal
They give you bonus if you deserve them
I dont feel i have a balance of job/life any more
The managers are not always standing up for their employers.

I don't think i have the right tools to do my job productively
timeline/deadlines are very stressful and intense
the benefits are just ok.
Pros
compensation, career advanc, ent (maybe), travel in business class
Cons
balance job/life. tools
A day in the life...
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  New JerseyJanuary 2, 2019
Undervalued, unappreciated, underpaid! A decent job to get started and learn basic corporate life within a call center. Plan on being there no more than a year before you understand how expendable you really are and . I've been there 4 years and not 1 of my colleagues including myself has received a promotion. They instead hire supervisors from outside who have to get trained on what we already know to assist us the employees with on the fly issues. Think about that for a second. I could write a book, unless you're desperate for a job I wouldn't recommend working in any of their call center locations. I've heard several others complain about internal issues within other departments. The company is going through a lot of changes and maybe will worth your time and energy in 5-10 years but not any time soon.
fun creative place to work
Footwear Designer and Illustrator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 9, 2018
I worked at Tory Burch for 12 years as a Design Consultant. There were very hectic times, requiring us to work till 10-11pm but then there were slower times when we had a good work/life balance. The other designers were great to work with and it is a creative community.
Pros
Paid well
Cons
No benefits for freelancers
depending on location, DON’T DO IT
Full Time Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaOctober 24, 2018
When I first became employed by Tory Burch, I really enjoyed it. Then the store went through a complete management change. The store became extremely strict and they started firing who and whoever. The dynamic at the location I am writing in regards to is AWFUL! Management SUCKS. You get in trouble for any and everything. They do not work with you to help accommodate your needs. It’s extremely hard to request days off, they look down upon when you switch shifts. You are disciplined with a point system and let me tell you, you so happen to look at someone the wrong way, POINT! It is a very stressful job, with the amount of traffic the store does, but having micromanaging management pry on your every move does not help. The employee discount is nice, but that’s about it.
Pros
Paid sick, vacation days. Holiday double pay
Cons
Micromanaging management, very disciplinary, low pay, do not care about your personal life/needs
Productive and relax place to work very clean and organized
SHIPPING LEAD (Former Employee) –  115 interstate blvOctober 2, 2018
A great place to work and to grow with excellent management and equipment great location and great hours shift and with great benefits definitely love to work in that company
Pros
Great benefits and overtime
great place
Designer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 8, 2018
I worked only for two seasons and it was great, nice work environment and workplace culture. I enjoyed being consistently busy with the work I love. Clear directions and mission.
Pros
Employee Appreciation
Cons
Career Advancement is difficult
Tory
Support Associate (Former Employee) –  Livermore, CASeptember 18, 2018
it was a high volume store with much potential and room for an employee to grow and acquire skills. It was an overall okay atmosphere. Most employees are friendly as well as the management team but it involves stress and hard work to earn benefits.
Pros
discounts
Cons
poor management

Want to know more about Tory Burch?

Ask a question
review
Cashier Support (Former Employee) –  Sawgrass, FLDecember 30, 2018
Some coworkers & management where nice others grumpy
favoritism was shown a lot at this location as well, which could make a new worker feel left out.
Pros
they do have employer hang out nights together and everyones invited
Cons
Parking was a BIG problem for the Sawgrass Mills location, it seemed as if you had to add a extra 20 mins to your route to get to work, just to find a parking spot.
A typical retail job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIAugust 16, 2018
A typical retail job with commission based structure and high expectation. Goals are hard to meet. A lot of pressure from management and favoritism showed. No benefits for part-time employees
Great place to part time assignment
Packageing material handler (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 24, 2018
I work with a great team of people. It was easy going the team leads who help you to learn your job quickly. I the break is very well stock with water and coffee. It's very clean and well kept to meeting our needs. The bathroom was very clean always have tissue and soap available. The supervisor is very knowledgeable about the material we are handling and made sure we have everything we need to complete our task for that day. The team help to understanding how much time it takes to complete each task
Pros
need to give more hours and better pay with benifits
Cons
not enough hours and work to keep you with a job assignment for the fall months and summer months
Associates are encouraged to develop and maintain work/life balance
Inventory Control Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Jamesburg, NJMay 15, 2018
Wonderful place to work. Fast paced but enough time spent on critical matters to assess and develop plans. Top management directly involved and there is a "buddy" culture. Associates are encouraged to adhere to the established buddy values and promote integrity, kindness and fairness.
Pros
Employee Appreciation week and Summer Days
Cons
Distance from home
Stressful and Demanding Environment
Support Staff (Former Employee) –  FLAugust 9, 2018
The halfhearted experience of working at Tory Burch has caused me long term anxiety. Although I worked extremely hard until the day I decided to leave I felt like it went unnoticed. Management doesn’t seem to communicate clearly with one another and because of that you are always needed in many places at the same time. You are then proceeded to get yelled at for trying to please one over the other as quickly as you can. You can’t make choices because no matter what mangers will take it personally and become continuously frustrated with you even when you do a perfect job. (Observed other coworkers go through the same thing not just me) Considering the amount of money Tory Burch makes off her company and her goal of helping women entrepreneurs you would think she would value the young 17-24 year olds who work as support staff for her. The value system they work by is completely unused and under appreciated. The company also uses way too much paper and plastic and are probably killing the planet with all the packaging these purses come packaged in when they could all just be wrapped once.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Everything else
Flexible working hours
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CASeptember 17, 2018
Tory Burch store is a good retail job for the college students while they are getting their degree, the management willing to work with your school schedules. The company provides uniforms and shoes for sales associate and management.
Pros
flexible working hours, free uniforms
Cons
Have to work late hours and holidays
Clean and Great Warehouse
Distribution Associate, Packer (Current Employee) –  McDonough, GANovember 12, 2018
Best Warehouse I’ve EVER worked at,very clean,every manager there is very organized and BY THE BOOK and TORY BURCH herself it’s A great person and cares about her employees
Pros
Clean Lunch Room
Cons
Short Breaks, staffing benefits horrible
Cultural Experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  City of Sunrise, FLOctober 10, 2018
I learned a lot about the way the company embraced culture. Tory Burch tries to bring in different styles from around the world and incorporate them into her own unique versions.
Pros
Team Building
Cons
Micro Managing
Organized facility with a great team
Office services and Maintenances. (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 22, 2018
The team teaches you to be quick on the job and work proactively.
Our manager treats all of their employees with a fair yet compassionate attitude that benefits everyone
Exhausting and Demanding
Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Rosemont, ILJuly 22, 2018
Very hands-on work, always moving, except during slow periods where there's no checks or things to do. Management often would just stand around talking while calling out other employees doing the same thing. Get used to doing the work of more than one person as people slack off but hires come so could improve with better staff.
Pros
discounts, incentives, employee appreciation, understanding
Cons
some slack, numbing