Tory Burch Employee Reviews

Clean and Great Warehouse
Distribution Associate, Packer (Current Employee) –  McDonough, GANovember 12, 2018
Best Warehouse I’ve EVER worked at,very clean,every manager there is very organized and BY THE BOOK and TORY BURCH herself it’s A great person and cares about her employees
Pros
Clean Lunch Room
Cons
Short Breaks, staffing benefits horrible
great place
Designer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 8, 2018
I worked only for two seasons and it was great, nice work environment and workplace culture. I enjoyed being consistently busy with the work I love. Clear directions and mission.
Pros
Employee Appreciation
Cons
Career Advancement is difficult
A typical work day
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Woodbury, NYNovember 3, 2018
I arrived to work and assisted with the inventory in the stockroom. I also worked the cash register and engaged with customers to ensure that their experience was enjoyable.
depending on location, DON’T DO IT
Full Time Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaOctober 24, 2018
When I first became employed by Tory Burch, I really enjoyed it. Then the store went through a complete management change. The store became extremely strict and they started firing who and whoever. The dynamic at the location I am writing in regards to is AWFUL! Management SUCKS. You get in trouble for any and everything. They do not work with you to help accommodate your needs. It’s extremely hard to request days off, they look down upon when you switch shifts. You are disciplined with a point system and let me tell you, you so happen to look at someone the wrong way, POINT! It is a very stressful job, with the amount of traffic the store does, but having micromanaging management pry on your every move does not help. The employee discount is nice, but that’s about it.
Pros
Paid sick, vacation days. Holiday double pay
Cons
Micromanaging management, very disciplinary, low pay, do not care about your personal life/needs
Management was terrible
Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIOctober 18, 2018
Depending on location, the store I was at had terrible upper management. Those two GM and AGM from my time there have since been removed but they were there long enough to dismantle a great team.
Generalmente bien
Material Handling (Former Employee) –  Monroe, NJOctober 15, 2018
No aprecian a los empleados de agencia, las actividades importantes son solo para los de la compania
Cultural Experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  City of Sunrise, FLOctober 10, 2018
I learned a lot about the way the company embraced culture. Tory Burch tries to bring in different styles from around the world and incorporate them into her own unique versions.
Pros
Team Building
Cons
Micro Managing
fun creative place to work
Footwear Designer and Illustrator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 9, 2018
I worked at Tory Burch for 12 years as a Design Consultant. There were very hectic times, requiring us to work till 10-11pm but then there were slower times when we had a good work/life balance. The other designers were great to work with and it is a creative community.
Pros
Paid well
Cons
No benefits for freelancers
Typical warehouse environment
Shipping Lead / Administrator (Former Employee) –  Carteret, NJOctober 8, 2018
My tenure was brief but telling. While my comrades were amiable, certain elements of management were not enthused with any employee that showed aptitude and the ability to speak English. Plenty of overtime to be had during holidays however. Also, employee onky sample sales present an opportunity to flip merchandise for a substantial profit. As with most warehouse environments promotions are available but showing too much ability can make you a target of insecure managers. Definitely has a plantation feel, but without the oppressive taste of Maoism that some warehouses have.
Pros
Nice enough people, plenty of seasonal overtime
Cons
Low pay, bad location
Productive and relax place to work very clean and organized
SHIPPING LEAD (Former Employee) –  115 interstate blvOctober 2, 2018
A great place to work and to grow with excellent management and equipment great location and great hours shift and with great benefits definitely love to work in that company
Pros
Great benefits and overtime
Tory
Support Associate (Former Employee) –  Livermore, CASeptember 18, 2018
it was a high volume store with much potential and room for an employee to grow and acquire skills. It was an overall okay atmosphere. Most employees are friendly as well as the management team but it involves stress and hard work to earn benefits.
Pros
discounts
Cons
poor management
Flexible working hours
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CASeptember 17, 2018
Tory Burch store is a good retail job for the college students while they are getting their degree, the management willing to work with your school schedules. The company provides uniforms and shoes for sales associate and management.
Pros
flexible working hours, free uniforms
Cons
Have to work late hours and holidays
Very High School
Sales (Former Employee) –  Camarillo, CASeptember 17, 2018
Great company but management creates a hostile work environment. You go in with an open mind thinking and expecting luxury brand behavior but everyone takes their job as a joke especially management (ALL MANAGEMENT).
A typical retail job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIAugust 16, 2018
A typical retail job with commission based structure and high expectation. Goals are hard to meet. A lot of pressure from management and favoritism showed. No benefits for part-time employees
Okay work place with learning experience
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 16, 2018
A typical day at work was fairly slow. It is in a weird place in the mall so not much traffic. The management was very stressful and quite unfair at times.
they are not always offering you the right tools to do your job
Director of Produc Development (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 12, 2018
They are very good with compensation.
You have a review with your manager to achieve your goal
They give you bonus if you deserve them
I dont feel i have a balance of job/life any more
The managers are not always standing up for their employers.

I don't think i have the right tools to do my job productively
timeline/deadlines are very stressful and intense
the benefits are just ok.
Pros
compensation, career advanc, ent (maybe), travel in business class
Cons
balance job/life. tools
Stressful and Demanding Environment
Support Staff (Former Employee) –  FLAugust 9, 2018
The halfhearted experience of working at Tory Burch has caused me long term anxiety. Although I worked extremely hard until the day I decided to leave I felt like it went unnoticed. Management doesn’t seem to communicate clearly with one another and because of that you are always needed in many places at the same time. You are then proceeded to get yelled at for trying to please one over the other as quickly as you can. You can’t make choices because no matter what mangers will take it personally and become continuously frustrated with you even when you do a perfect job. (Observed other coworkers go through the same thing not just me) Considering the amount of money Tory Burch makes off her company and her goal of helping women entrepreneurs you would think she would value the young 17-24 year olds who work as support staff for her. The value system they work by is completely unused and under appreciated. The company also uses way too much paper and plastic and are probably killing the planet with all the packaging these purses come packaged in when they could all just be wrapped once.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Everything else
Tory Burch employment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Livermore, CAAugust 3, 2018
Tory Burch is only a good place to work at for the discount, the managers say they like to help you but in reality they don't, they pressure you way too much on your sales to the point where you don't enjoy your job. They don't really like giving days off even when you request them two weeks in advanced.
Pros
Employee discount
Cons
they are not flexible, very strict, pressure on sales
Great workplace
Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 2, 2018
This was another great internship! Definitely feel like I learned about the industry as I saw many different parts of the company during my time there.
Great place to part time assignment
Packageing material handler (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 24, 2018
I work with a great team of people. It was easy going the team leads who help you to learn your job quickly. I the break is very well stock with water and coffee. It's very clean and well kept to meeting our needs. The bathroom was very clean always have tissue and soap available. The supervisor is very knowledgeable about the material we are handling and made sure we have everything we need to complete our task for that day. The team help to understanding how much time it takes to complete each task
Pros
need to give more hours and better pay with benifits
Cons
not enough hours and work to keep you with a job assignment for the fall months and summer months