Total Access Urgent Care (TAUC) Employee Reviews

Great atmosphere, fast paced, lots of room for advancement.
Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMarch 14, 2018
Total Access Urgent Care (TAUC) is hands down the best job I have ever had in healthcare. They offer free healthcare to employees, flexible hours, a compassionate work environment, great benefits, and advancement opportunities.

Everyone here is like a big family, and we all use our skills to take care of our patients. Truly take care of them. No one feels like a number, or like their concerns aren't important.

Everyone is dedicated to taking care of the patients, from the CEO down to the newest receptionist, and that cuts out a ton of the hospital drama of "that's not my job". Everyone cares and looks out for each other.

Management here looks for kind people who are hard workers. That's it, and the most important thing to me is that they recognize when you are doing a good job. There are multiple bonus opportunities and raise options. If you want a raise or more money there are always options, and it's just a matter of you reaching for it.

I definitely recommend TAUC to anyone who will listen. I don't know anywhere else that can make a difference in people's lives like this place, both for patients and employees. It is the only place I have ever worked where I can come in to work in a bad mood and leave feeling better.
Pros
Great benefits, peer bonus system, flexible hours.
Cons
Holidays and weekends.
very fast paced and friendly
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 23, 2018
People are very friendly and helpful. very fast paced and can be stressful but everyone is willing to help and fun Dr's were all helpful and fun to be around
Pros
great paychecks and good benefits
Cons
long hours and weekends
Patient-focused, friendly environment, opportunities for growth
Registrar (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 21, 2018
TAUC is a wonderful company to work for. They truly do care about patients and they offer great opportunities for advancement. Overtime is unlimited. I thoroughly enjoy my coworkers and coming to work each day. It is rewarding to work in an environment where I am able to help people and make their bad days better.
Pros
Teamwork, atmosphere, opportunities for advancement, transparency.
Great place to work with lots of potential for advancement
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 15, 2018
TAUC has been great to me! Coming in as a receptionist I have been given many opportunities that I could not imagine. They have a great system based both on performance and tenure. I love the people I work with as everyone here is so nice and genuine not only to the patients but also to each other!
Pros
Lots of potential raises and opportunities for advancement
Cons
Short breaks, 12 hour days can take a while to adjust to
Best company I have ever worked for!
Biller (Current Employee) –  Ballwin, MOFebruary 9, 2018
Deciding to work at TAUC was one of the best decisions I ever made. I will admit I was very intimidated when I first started working here; however, the staff is very friendly, helpful, and accommodating. The best part about working at TAUC is that they want you to succeed and offer you the tools to become better/grow.
The staff is incredibly friendly and management takes the time to get to know every employee. Even with 300+ employees, the owners know you by name and even stop what they're doing to ask you how everything is going.
Hard work never goes unnoticed and there are countless opportunities to grow within this company.
I am so proud to be part of a company whose mission is to provide fast, friendly, and affordable care to every community.
Pros
Opportunities to grow/advance, Free Healthcare, Friendly and Hardworking Staff
Cons
Owner is extremely rude to certain employees
Billing Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 27, 2018
My time here was very unpleasant. The people were very difficult to work with. Not a friendly staff in the billing department. The owner is very rude, arrogant, dismissive and bias. Absolutely no diversity, predominantly Caucasian staff.
Pros
Work tasks, work schedule
Cons
Pay, Staff/management
Official response from Total Access Urgent Care (TAUC)
March 7, 2018

Total Access Urgent Care firmly believes that having a diverse team strengthens us an organization and helps us fulfill our Mission to serve every community. Being diverse and inclusive allows us to be innovative, better positioned to serve our patients, and empowers us to cast a wider net for the best talent.

At Total Access Urgent Care, we take employee feedback very seriously. To that end, our Senior Director of the Patient Experience, Ashley Williams, would like to the opportunity to discuss your concerns. At your convenience, please take a moment to give Ashley a call. She can be reached at 618-593-4435. Thank you.

Total Access Urgent Care is exceptional in Patient Care
Medical Technician/Clinical Team Lead (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MODecember 4, 2017
TAUC is a great place to work for with there starting pay and advancment programs. They offer medical, dental and vison Insurance at a competitive price. It is also a option to be enrolled in the 401K Program which they match after so many years. It is a fast paced enviromet but the learning is endless. Everyday is a new adventure, fantastic place to be apart of. Quick affordable healthcare to Self-pay patients and also enrolled with many other Insurance Companies
Pros
Learning, benefits, great teamwork and co-workers
Cons
Long Hours, Holidays, Weekends
Great work environment, culture and business model
Paramedic (Current Employee) –  Saint Louis, MOOctober 1, 2017
Total Access Urgent Care (TAUC) is a great company to work for. Their culture and work environment are extremely positive and patient-centered. The TAUC leadership is forward-thinking, regularly uses employee feedback to improve the company, and has a lot of opportunities for advancement due to their growth and willingness to promote from within. Their business model has a huge advantage over other urgent cares, especially hospital-based ones. They're all about being the antidote to the ED, which means they provide as much diagnostic and treatment capability as they can to try and keep patients out of the ED.

If you're tired of working in broken healthcare environments, come work at TAUC and be refreshed by an organization that is trying to do things right.

If you like complaining, negative work environments, don't like working hard, prefer patients who are cranky and nasty from poor customer service, excessive cost and long wait times, or like saying "that's not my job," then you'd be best served to work elsewhere.
Best job I've ever had
Registrar (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 23, 2017
Not only does management truley care about your well being but they want to see you succeed, with hard work and dedication it is very easy to move up in the company. Great benefits and the mission they drive is definitely amazing.
Great Experience For Premedical Students
Physician Facilitator (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 14, 2017
Total Access offers an outstanding scribe program that has allowed me to gain hands-on clinical experience. This definitely sets its program above other scribe programs. I have learned so much through not just observation, but actual one-on-one patient interactions. The experience has been invaluable in preparing me for a career in medicine. The work culture is also excellent. The coworkers have a team mentality and work together well.
Friendly and Fun work enviroment with a company that truly cares about their employees.
Registration (Current Employee) –  Saint Louis County, MOSeptember 8, 2017
In my 20 years of working life, this is my favorite job. I was nervous starting as it was a career change and not in my field my degrees were in. I love coming to work each day. I love my coworkers. I love seeing how many patients we care for daily and the positive impact we are making in the communities.
Pros
Health Care. Free
Cons
Don't always get a break when needed for lunch.
Friendly, transparent, and professional.
Registrar (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 17, 2017
TAUC is a great company. Not only do they put the focus and emphasis on the patients' well-being, they also go above and beyond in terms of creating a positive environment for their employees. They have a culture of teamwork that truly permeates every aspect of the company. It is one of those rare places that actually makes you look forward to coming to work each day. There are numerous opportunities for personal and professional growth.
Pros
Teamwork, atmosphere, opportunities for advancement, transparency.
Busy as a bee but best people to work with
Registrar (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 2, 2017
I absolutely loved working for Total Access Urgent Care. The only reason I quit in December 2015 was because I started an accelerated nursing program in January 2016. I have now moved to a different nursing program that does not require as much as an accelerated.
Dont work there
Paramedic (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 8, 2017
I worked there for a little over a year. They have no respect for the employee, it is all about the dollar. They pay is horrible and the management could care less about you as a person. They over charge the patient. Healthcare is about helping people, not robbing them blind.
Official response from Total Access Urgent Care (TAUC)
March 6, 2018

Total Access Urgent Care has a clear and consistent Pay Scale which rewards hard work, achievement, and committed service over time. In addition, we have instituted a peer-to-peer bonus system that allows all coworkers to reward one another for their outstanding teamwork, efficiencies, communication, and passion. We believe in working hard and hustling to help our patients and in rewarding our team for their hard work and dedication to our crucial, noble Mission.

Also, Total Access Urgent Care is the most affordable healthcare solution in St. Louis. The people of St. Louis are increasingly turning to TAUC for the excellent, affordable, and immediately available healthcare they have historically lacked and rightfully deserve. TAUC provides fast and friendly care at 1/8th the cost of the ER and 1/4th the cost of hospital-owned urgent cares.

Great company, fast paced, fun environment
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 12, 2016
I enjoy working for Total Access Urgent Care (TAUC). They make sure you have the tools that you need to succeed at your job. I love the fact that TAUC gives you countless opportunities to grow professionally and financially. As long as you work hard and keep a positive attitude you are sure to succeed in this thriving company.

I am proud to say that I work for the highest rated Urgent Care in the St. Louis, St. Charles area.
Pros
Free Health Care to employee, spouse and children.
Cons
Every other weekend in mandatory.
Fast paced, family orientented company, not your average Urgent Care
Paramedic (Current Employee) –  All sitesOctober 10, 2016
I have worked at Total Access for 4 years. After working on the ambulance for several years, this has been the perfect transition. This is not your average Urgent Care, it is a fast paced, innovative company. The owner, Medical Directors and Management value each individual's experience they bring to the company and allow you to utilize your skills. I wake up each day ready to provide excellent care to our high acuity of patients. Even on our busiest of days, the team is amazing and makes for an enjoyable experience for our patients. Total Access also offers many advancements, so be ready to earn it.
Pros
Free healthcare for employee and family, rapid rate of growth
Cons
Some weekends/holidays, must be self motivated
Great Company that Expects and Rewards Hard Work
Physician Facilitator (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 3, 2016
Total Access is a company that is growing quickly for a reason. I am nearing a year of employment with the company as a Physician Facilitator, and I have never before been privileged to work with such a positive, motivated group of co-workers. The members of the leadership team are approachable and dedicated to improving the experience of patient and staff alike. Hard work is required as part of the team effort, but the environment is one that makes work a cooperative, team-based effort with the mission to improve lives.

Most clinical staff shifts are 12 hours in length, and many people are hesitant to work these long shifts when considering this job, but the teamwork among the clinical staff and the growing number of patients make these hours pass very quickly. Every shift feels very rewarding.

Opportunity for advancement is the best aspect of employment at Total Access. This company has an incredible on-the-job training scheme that allows even new (<6 month employment) members of the team to expand their own knowledge and clinical capabilities. Staff members that demonstrate their capability, positive attitude, and motivation can develop their own skills in numerous ways and earn pay increases along the way.
Pros
Free healthcare at Total Access, On-the-job training, Advancement opportunities, Great leadership, Positive environment, 401K plan, Healthcare benefits
Cons
Long shift lengths, Holiday shifts, Hard work expected
#Bestplaceever
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  St. Charles, MOOctober 2, 2016
I am a medical assistant and have been with TAUC for 7 years and I still love every minute that I'm here.
I continue to learn something new everyday.
The staff and providers are amazing to work with.
I cannot imagine working for any other company.
Pros
Great team, Great patient care, Hard-working leadership, Awesome providers
Cons
No short term disability
Growing company with a commitmentto making healthcare better
Management (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 29, 2016
After working in healthcare most of my adult life, it is such a pleasure to come and work at an organization that really is patient centered. Every aspect of patient care has been considered with the end goal of making the experience not only about receiving exceptional care but also about doing it in a way that allows patients to know we care.

This is a hard-working, hard-charging organization that expects its employees to continually improve. Working here you will not only hone your craft but also learn to work as a team with other individuals who have high expectation of themselves. You will never hear "that's not my job" or have to deal with cynical, crunchy coworkers...they just don't make it here.
Pros
Great on the job training, Fast paced work environment with strong team members, Truly missioned to make a difference in the health care.
Cons
Culture really is a "no excuses" so you have to be ready to grow, Not for everyone.
Innovative Company with Unlimited Opportunities
Operations Analyst (Current Employee) –  Ballwin, MOSeptember 29, 2016
When I started at Total Access a year and a half ago, I was given multiple opportunities to hone my skills in many different settings ranging from working clinically and directly with patients, to working in the billing department. Since then, I have been able to find my fit, and have experienced nothing but support from the admin Team.

The management, employees, and even owner of the company are all extremely personable and approachable.

The most enjoyable part of my job is being a part of a rapidly growing company, and seeing first-hand the difference we make in people's lives.

The one thing I see our newer Team members struggle with the most is the sheer volume we experience. Most people hear the words "urgent care" and think of a low-volume, low-acuity setting and are slightly overwhelmed during their first day.
Pros
Free healthcare, great environment, they only hire the best
Cons
Very high volume, you must be focused 100% of the time.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Total Access Urgent Care (TAUC). Our community is ready to answer.

4.3

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

3.7Personal Development

4.6Career Opportunities

3.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Total Access Urgent Care (TAUC) Reviews by Location