Total Air Care, Inc. Employee Reviews

Thief’s and crooked company
HVAC Technician (Former Employee) –  GAJuly 21, 2018
Work 50 plus hours with less than minimum wage pay. Poor and lack professionalism and would never recommend. Make you lie to customers and rip them off while they rip their employees off.
Pros
Cons
Wouldn’t wish this treatment on anyone
Worst
Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 8, 2018
This was the worst company I ever worked for I would no recommend anyone work here management is the worst they talk to you any kind of was they not together at all they talk to customers any kind of way they show favoritism to certain people training is only a week an it’s not proper training it was the absolute worst
Pros
Hour break
Cons
Everything else
High dollar
HVAC Technician (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLMay 15, 2018
Plenty of work to go around. If you want to make a better than average living, then this is the place for you. The more calls you run the more money you make. Many techs have come and gone who have no will to work. You make what you work for at this company. It isn't another hourly rate job where you can get paid for sitting. If you work hard, your pay will reflect it. I knew the owners personally, and they are top notch. No limits on overtime, and no employee cuts during the winter, they take care of their own. I was employed here for 6 years till I moved. I would return to TAC if I every returned to Florida.
Pros
Salary, Work Pace, Work Enviroment
Worst leadership ever seen in a company!!
Technician (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAApril 29, 2018
Between stressful situations, long hours, and complete disregard for what you do for the company, this is by far the worst company I have ever worked for. You can put in long hours, time away from your family, start at 730am and not get home till 2am and back at it the next day. Take more calls then you can handle, they throw calls on you without even looking at your schedule! And at the end of the day, the owners only care about themselves! They have a total disregard for what you are willing to do for them, untill you make them money! This is by far the weakest leadership I have ever seen! Not to mention the recall policy (how they take money away from their techs) is completely wrong!!! And forget questioning the recalls, if you do and your actually right, they will not be able to give you a answer at all. Some recalls even seem like the owners have personal vendettas against some techs. They will force their best techs and managers out the door! The biggest problem here in this company is the outright PRIDE of the owners and some tech managers.
Pros
Pay at times
Cons
Everything including weak and poor management
Stressful and redundant hours and stupid people
HVAC Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Aiken, SCApril 29, 2018
The company its self hired people who do not know anything about hvac along with they always wanted to take money from me and not pay my me for my last 2 weeks, I would not recommend this company to anyone who wants to have a life or a check they can count on
Cons
Must be able to work independently
HVAC Service Technician and Installer (Current Employee) –  Middleburg, FLMarch 6, 2018
Good set up. Work from home in your area. little travel competitive pay and benefits. Requires self descipline and the ability to make quick decisions in the field.
Pros
Independence
Cons
Summer hours can be long
Weak ownership
Parts Clerk (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 2, 2018
Owners do not appreciate the work put in by their employees or managers. They constantly jump the manager and will email employees directly berating them and pushing these employees to the verge of quitting, and then question management as if they have no idea why the employee is struggling. Terrible atmosphere to work in.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Everything that has to do with the owners
no good
HVAC Technician (Former Employee) –  Middleburg, FLOctober 23, 2017
I have nothing good I can say there is nothing good I was lied to so I would move to sc for this job I can not recommmed this co to anyone
most techs are not trained or have no training
No training
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 8, 2017
They had me in training for a week. I never had done anything like this before so it was definitely different for me, but in general I caught on quite a bit. However, after a week of training I was thrown on my own, which was fine, but when I had a question NO ONE would help me. I asked the girl who trained me, which she was really nice and did as much as she could, but they ALWAYS had her doing something and she couldn't focus on training me and teaching me every little detail, and trust me, every little detail to this job is very important. But after a week and I was on my own I asked everyone for help. Team leaders, managers, and I would be life hanging the whole time while I was on a call, making the customers angry. Its very disorganized and no training programs put together. You get a note pad and a week to learn everything and your on your own. I actually was doing pretty good my first day, but when it came to part calls I needed help and no matter how much I asked I was not getting it. Some of the employees are very rude, but there was some people I really enjoyed getting to know there. Also, team leaders take advantage of new people, I made 4 appointments on my first day that I was alone. I made sure they mapped out to a tech who made sense and it fit their schedule. Scheduled it, I was happy, customer was happy. Well, if a team leader is trying to set an appointment they wanted my spots so FOUR times I was made to call these customers back to reschedule. It was just a mess. I wouldn't recommend the office I was at on mcduff. Maybe if they had a proper training program  more... and had someone actually teach you the ropes, it would be fine. But you can't expect someone to get the hang of it after a week and not help them. The pay was fairly decent though.  less
Cons
No training
good people
Scheduling Agent, Assistant to General Manager (Former Employee) –  Orange Park, FlNovember 4, 2014
Ordering parts and equipment, pulling permits for HVAC and Plumbing, Making payments, Tracking Payments, General Office duties, Working with different Home Warranties, Scheduling and Tracking Technicians Jobs, Quoting Jobs and Following Up with Home Owners, Working Close with parts houses and Technicians to make sure we have the best Customer service we could possibly provide. Assisting the General manager with any needs he needed met. Micrsoft Word, Word Excel, My Service Autopilot, answering phones and directing them to the correct department.
Pros
Good People
Cons
Horrible Owners
Great at First
Scheduling Agent, Assistant to General Manager (Former Employee) –  Middleburg, flOctober 8, 2014
good company at first but then the customer service went down and money grubbign up

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Total Air Care, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

2.4