Total Education Solutions Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Nightmare
ABA Therapist (Former Employee) –  Fairlawn, ohioAugust 6, 2018
TES has been a nightmare in so many ways. Management is horrible and brings employees down. The entire school is very unorganized and bureaucratic. If corporate did an anonymous survey they would see unsatisfied employees looking for employment elsewhere and a laundry list of human resource violations.
Pros
Staff is broken down in two groups, The one group is great. The other (management) is not. School is a great location
Cons
Management, culture, company
Good learning experience
Enrichment Support Services (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, CAJuly 24, 2018
Some of the benefits to work for Total Education Solutions is that you can manage your own schedule, choose your work area, and can earn an extra income.
Great management and an overall great company to work for.
BEHAVIOR THERAPIST (Current Employee) –  Fairland, OHJuly 11, 2018
Management often actually takes the time to acknowledge team members and their successes, which is amazing. Supervision for my role within the client home has been weekly, which is also awesome. No benefits for part time but, 30+ hours is full time and comes with benefits and paid days, etc. Also tuition assistance as well.
Pros
Great management and supervision
Cons
No benefits for part time
Charter Schools
School Psychologist (Current Employee) –  Fairlawn, OHJune 15, 2018
Charter Schools is not what I trained for as a school psychologist. All my duties included was to test and place the children. There is more to being a school psych than that.
Fun Welcoming Atmosphere
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 18, 2018
Greeting clients and working with therapist. Total Education Solutions works with all types of learning disabilities.
The clinic brought in children with speech and occupational needs. The majority of the referral to the clinic were children with Autism . I really enjoyed working with the kids and their families. Most families were just learning of their Childs diagnosis and were very happy to all the options. The working environment was professional but fun.
Mission Driven Company
manager (Current Employee) –  South Pasadena, CAMay 7, 2018
I get to interact with creative, passionate people on a daily basis. I like knowing others are committed to finding positive solutions for the kids and families we serve. I have a long commute which isn't always the best but I love who I work with which makes it all worthwhile.
Pros
culture, flexibility, professional development, sunshine events
Cons
commute, EHR system
Feedback
Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) Therapist (Former Employee) –  South Pasadena, CAMay 1, 2018
Unfair work place, would not recommend. No onsite training. Company promises growth but does not offer it. I spent several years working there, and was promised a promotion and never got it. I had to eventually move on to another company. Hardest part of the job is not being able to help the students due to lack of company support.
TES Pride :)
ABA Therapist (Current Employee) –  Fairlawn, OhioMarch 19, 2018
Working at TES continues to be a great journey for me. I started working here over 4 years ago and I have been learned so much about the field. I started working as a HPC provider in homes while I was in college to gain experience. After gaining some initial experience I started working in the school as an assistant and had the opportunity of working with all different age groups and skill levels. Next, I transitioned into the role of a ABA Therapist. This helped me to decide where I wanted to go with my career. After deciding the route I wanted to take my supervisors trained me, guided me, and gave me the experiences I needed to feel confident on taking on more responsibilities. In addition to how passionate everyone is about our clients making progress the company always provides additional room for growth.
Pros
Making a difference in kiddos lives, Team work, Room for growth
Run away
ABA Therapist (Current Employee) –  Fairlawn, OHMarch 14, 2018
TES sounds like a great company and opportunity at first. But since I’ve started I wish I never joined. They’re very unorganized and administration is self centered. Staff is worried about taking a day off, making a mistake or getting on the bad side of a few key administrators because they will be treated very poorly and often bullied. It’s a scene right out of the movie, “Mean Girls.” HR is nonexistent and doesn’t care. We don’t receive the materials we need and the bottom line is all that matters, not the students. At the end of the school year I will be seeking employment elsewhere and have heard coworkers planning to leave as well.
Pros
Teachers, Facilities, Students
Cons
Trashy Management, Pay
Favoritism abounds
Speech Pathologist (Former Employee) –  DetroitMarch 9, 2018
Once you fall out of favor with management based upon poor on site directors trying to cover their own mistakes, it is over. The paperwork took so much time that it was "suggested" that the paperwork comes first. This company does not value passion and dedication. In terms of financial remuneration, after 10 years I was given $1.00 more an hour. If you do not complain and just smile pretending everything is fine, you will survive. Dedication and love of students is not rewarded. Management gossips about everyone who falls out favor and has favorites which are always right even when they are completely clueless about the intricacies of the paperwork and are believed when they blame others. They will do anything to keep the client which includes throwing dedicated employees under the bus.
Pros
I cannot think of one
Cons
Directors assigned for school are incompetent, long hours, too many students
job summary
Behavioral Specialist (Current Employee) –  Sierra Madre, CAMarch 1, 2018
i enjoy my job and clients.it's a good company if your looking for work that fits your schedule. they also prepare you for rbt trainings that you will need later on.
Pros
working on your own
Cons
parents
Behavior Intervention Specialist (Current Employee) –  Troy, MIFebruary 26, 2018
It's a great environment to be in. The supervisors are great and it is incredibly rewarding working with the clients that we see and seeing them make progress. It is also great that there are speech and OT services available as well.
No pay increase
Behavior Specialist interventionist (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, CAFebruary 23, 2018
Very unorganized, no support, no pay increase, limited support, limited opportunity for career advancement, zero recognition, unfair workplace, not everybody is treated equally
Pros
Work in schools
Cons
No support, no pay increase, low wages, expensive medical insurance
Cooperative and exciting work place
Behavior Specialist (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAFebruary 11, 2018
Total Education Solutions offers competitive pay even for entry-level Behavior Specialist. I had an extraordinary Supervisor. Your work day varies from day to day. A rewarding and learning experience.
Ego driven and poor management
Intervention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fairlawn, OHJanuary 12, 2018
Incompetent management is driven by their egos not what’s best for the school or the children. No proper systems in place and very unorganized. Staff is excellent but management needs overhauled.
Pros
Staff
Great place to learn
Occupational Therapist (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 9, 2018
Management is great. Great atmosphere to work. Kids are great but space is limited. All staff members easygoing and a pleasure to work with. Great learning environment for new grads.
Good company culture
Instructional Assistant, Special Education (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAJanuary 9, 2018
Great culture; competitive rates; wish there were more hours offered during the workday. (Limited to 6 hours per day). Room for advancement. Continued education opportunities.
Pros
Great company culture
Cons
Limited hours; work availability
great place
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 4, 2017
I loved volunteering here. I got the chance to observe physical, occupational and speech therapists and ask them any questions I had. When I did my observation hours, I decided to want to become a behavioral therapist.
great training
Resource Specialist/Case Manager (Former Employee) –  South Pasadena, CAOctober 13, 2017
ongoing effective, training, great administration, colleagues, schools, organized disciplined charter school referrals. great principals. great staff,
Pros
great trainings
Cons
low pay
Variable hours to work and bad management
Educational Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fairlawn, OHAugust 24, 2017
No lunch breaks, management is terrible, breaks during the year for school closing is unpaid, etc, etc...
It is easy to get hurt when working with the students because the crisis intervention procedures are bogus and there are no safe furniture or places to put students if they are going through a bad behavior cycle. If you come into work hurt they have no compassion and will not move you in order for you to heal.
Pros
1 sick day offered