TOTAL HOME HEALTH

TOTAL HOME HEALTH Employee Reviews

United States101 reviews

healthpatientstaffofficecarefamilynicecoworkers

Productive and easy going

Working as a home health aid you have to be compassionate about job working with elderly people. Best part is getting to meet new people getting a routine is the biggest thing

Pros

working with people

Cons

working on the weekends

Good training and team work

It’s very good in showing your skills as a respiratory therapist. Caring for home patient working one to one really increases your assessment skills.

Pros

You get a company car

TOTAL HOME HEALTH insights

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager

What is the best part of working at ?The best part was being able to take care of our patients and staff members in a safe environment while enduring these difficult times we face today. What is the most stressful part about working at TOTAL HOME HEALTH?The only stressful part of working for this Company was not having enough staff to send out during these covid situations.

Horrible place to work if you want a life

They would get mad if you called in and make you do even more work the next day. Management doesn’t even know what they are doing. Working on call is a mess and management will never step in to give people breaks. Billing never knows what the correct rules are for insurance. One day everything is one way and the next day it’s totally different. The employee turn around is horrible and cs is always short staff.

No support

No support from management. All they care about is making money. They let go of people that are actually good and they keep the worst of the worst. They just want yes people.

Pros

Some of the people

Cons

Work/life balance, pay, support, management

Productive and a good place to work.

Total is a good place to work. The people that I work with are really nice .They are understanding and always willing to help.I really enjoy working with my patients.

Pros

Having flexible hours

Cons

Company closed without notifying employees

Great company until they decided to close their Texas doors without notice. This is not a way to treat people that you say you care about. If they were having financial difficulties, they should have been up front with their employees.

Flexible with my schedule

While I was employed with Total Home Health they were very flexible with my work schedule in order to meet the needs of my children. Unfortunately, all Texas offices for Total Home Health have ceased operations.

No one working there is FULL time.

My co-workers are great and quick to help and offer helpful ideas. We get along great and help each other get the days jobs done. I am older and the 2 guys I work with the most are young, so we all learn things from each other.

Pros

Fair wage, flexible work schedule.

Cons

On my feet a lot, but that goes with the job. No benefits.

Everyone is a team player

This company is a home health agency that has gone through several changes over the last year. With all the changes that have happened through Medicare and the home health requirements is has made the field very challenging. I am the orders runner and they depend, heavily, on me to be able to get the doctor's orders signed and back in the patient's chart in a timely manner.

good work place

Dedicated, hardworking, caring, family oriented, professional ,and Fun, Goal oriented. I love meeting new people, the hardest part of the job was the commute.

It wasn’t a bad place to work, but...

You will be working all the time, even when you’re not working. On call more often than not. I did the work of other people along with my own job, just to keep my clients happy. Pay was good, benefits were good, but don’t plan on having much of a life outside of work.

Was there for a year and they went through two administrations then

Don’t go there if you value your nursing license. The owners are great people but nurses are terribly overworked. They cannot keep management for long.

Management really looked after each employee to succeed. Great environment, fun place to work, great team. I have no problem recommending anyone to Total Home Health.

Excellent place to work

Excellent place to work, staff is supportive of one another. Upper management is available to assist for problems. Company is proactive in education for improving performance of staff.

Enjoyed clientele

Total Home Health had full time hours available but at an extremely low rate of pay with little room to grow. Management at the time was also lacking due to lack of organization.

Pros

Great Clientele

Cons

Low Rate of Pay

Good

Nice place to work workers and staff are very nice and helpful. They do work with you with your schedule changing or making it work for you. I just wish you could fax in your time sheets

Busy home health ageny

Verifying insurance on new referrals from hospitals/SNF's and setting patients up for care. Use of Kinnser for data entry. Case Manage to follow up on patient's for field staff needs. Monitoring all lab results, wound care with orders, Foley Catheter patient's. Setting up patient's with in home physicians, ordering all DME equipment. Request initial authorization and continued authorization of all active patients. Monitor all hospitalize patients to include transfer summary information to case managers at facilities. Verify all active patient's insurance twice monthly for updates. Multiple Excel reports daily, weekly, and monthly to corporate in Florida. Performed all aspects of QAPI. Review of all 485's for F2F, homebound status, wound care, frequencies of all disciplines.

Forget work/ life balance here

First I want to state the Total home health I'm referring to is Illinois and Wisconsin based only if there are other states reviewed here that is a different company. This is not a place to work if you have a family. On call is brutal your phone will ring all night it will wake up your children. When you aren't at work you will be on call. You will be asked to do many, many jobs the multi tasking is ridiculous. This assigning of new jobs is to relieve the pressure on a customer service person or scheduler who can't do all the jobs that THEY were given. Unless you are related to the charge person of customer service then you get out of everything and someone else gets their task this company treats their respiratory therapists horrible. They do all the foot work and get zero respect. They are considered thieves everyone in the building gets access to the equipment except for them. They will push you to go to dangerous areas at night, drive through ice and snow storms. money first not safety. It's very cut throat rts will lie and say your difficult to work with. Get management to have it out for you, so they look like a star and get promoted. This company refuses to balance pay among rts even when they know they are wrong. One location manager is very verbally abusive to employees and this behavior is allowed with no consequences. I even had my overtime removed off payroll because this manager was angry with me. I personally would recommend working anywhere else but here. I'm surprised this is the company chosen by such a respected government agency. Perhaps they don't know about -

Pros

Some really nice people work here

Cons

CEOs who don't care.

Bad atmosphere

Stressful and destructive place to work for no place for advancement with pay incentive. Cannot request time off though management seems to always have time off.

Cons

No breaks only if you smoke

To work in total home health is a very nice and professional environment in which I enjoy and learn every day. That give to there employees the oportunity to grow

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TOTAL HOME HEALTH. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits