Total Quality Logistics (TQL)
Happiness rating is 53 out of 100

Total Quality Logistics (TQL) Employee Reviews

United States2,127 reviews

Found 2,127 reviews matching the searchSee all 2,131 reviews
uncappedlogisticsbrokercommissioncoldbrokebooksale

Fun work environment

Overall a positive experience. Very fun and fast paced work environment. Very team oriented. Plenty of training and exposure provided. Also beer Friday’s are a plus.

Good entry level sales job for someone young

If you are fresh out of college, this can be a great experience. The compensation and commission structure is not great. While training is extensive, the goals are hard to meet and a ton of internal competition to make it hard to succeed. They are always voted "best work place" because they let you wear shorts, flip flops, and bring a single beer to your desk once a month.

Pros

upbeat work culture for younger people

Cons

commission structure, ability to succeed, work life balance

Total Quality Logistics (TQL) insights

Based on 1,168 survey responses
Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Fair pay for job
  • Time and location flexibility

Scam

If you are THIRSTY & HUNGRY for money to the point where you will get over on anything and anybody in the process, then this career is perfect for you!!! Get ready to scheme and lie to anyone about anything. Once you put that badge to the door, you have instantly opened a door to a dog eat dog world. This place is packed with wolves. Try your hardest to stay focused and make it worth your while! GRIND HARD!!! Be prepared to be mentally & physically exhausted daily. In the end, the money is worth it if you are willing to take that ride. Welcome to the TQL family.

Pay works out to be barely more than minimum wage

If you want to earn more than the base pay you have to build a book of business that earns the company close to 20k a month before you can earn more than your checks from the 45k a a year base salary. This is not clearly described at all before you are already in the job. This company is raking in huge profits and paying a tiny fraction of what they should be to the people who earn them that money.

Great Culture

Absolutely loved how much this company puts into their own people for them to succeed- ongoing trainings & check-ins, advise etc. - they really do care about your success and make it fun with healthy competition, only reason I left was because I realized it just wasn't for a fit for me personally sitting at a desk making calls, I learned an incredible amount and would recommend!

Sales Support (CSC)

The CSC role feels like it needs a pay-bump for the work they're expected to do (everything BUT land a customer for the broker). Managers are very nice and there are plenty of opportunities for advancement, ability to switch departments easily. Not the best work-life balance and if you manage stress well then this is a decent job for you.

don't care if you have a family as long as your making them money

they out you in training for 6 months to make someone else a bunch of money they don't care if you have kids or a family, will fire you for any reason

Fulfilling, Exciting, Challenging, Life Changing

I love going to work everyday! The office culture is one of the best I have ever experience. Everyone is working to improve themselves, but at the same time everyone is pushing for each other to excel. The work is very faced paced, so the days fly by. Leadership is very encouraging and wants everyone to become successful. Once you reach the level of uncapped commission the job goes to a whole another level!

First job out of college, and I am quite satisfied here.

This is a sales job, through and through, but you need not be an expert coming in to succeed here. Your managers, broker, and leaders give you everything you need to succeed; all you need to come in with is some confidence, determination, and an unwavering work ethic. Bring these with you and you'll go far here. As far as pay, your work determins what you earn by commissions, and this model motivates you to push constantly. However, you have the security of a base salary even if you don't make enough to earn commission during a period. This provides a great deal of security compared to most sales jobs. I can see myself being here for a very long time, and the skills I'm acquiring will serve me my entire life. Give it a shot, and you won't regret it.

Pros

Fun work environment, awesome people, uncapped commissions

Cons

Stressful industry, requires a huge amount of hustle

Weird combo of very chill yet stressful

TQL requires a high self motivation. The company offers a platform and software to allow you to broker freight, which is a very difficult field in itself. No body has time to waste on somebody who doesn't want to help themselves. bottom line is if you aren't prepared to work hard then don't apply.

Great job, good base salary, great people to have fun in office with.

I enjoy working at TQL, the money is real here and being surrounded by many successful brokers only pushes you to do better which equals more money in the long run. The office is in a great location, commute from Fayetteville isn’t bad at all, you beat traffic getting here at 6:45am. I strongly recommend TQL if you enjoy making money, and communicating.

Pros

Free lunches often from leadership, fun in office competition

Cons

Plan on bringing work home with you, you are available to customers 24/7.

For the teachable and disciplined

Pros: Good opportunity - if you can make it here, you can MAKE it. Cons: High expectations, high turnover. If you don't make it here, you'll know pretty quickly.

Fun yet productive

The atmosphere here at TQL is unlike anything I have ever experienced. It is fun and exciting every day. They people here are so diverse yet so welcoming and quick to help. Of course as with any job there are a few flaws but overall an amazing experience.

Pros

Great helpful people

Cons

Favorites

Workplace

Great environment free beers lol room to guy within the company . The money is there for the work that is put in. Must be dedicated to make 100s of cold calls a day

Great company, tough job

The company does a lot to take care of their employees. Unfortunately, their "product " (24/7/365 availability) makes work/life balance near impossible.

Call center work

It's a call center pay is OK if you work 2nd or 3rd shift. Things are constantly changing and turnover rate is high. Good stepping stone on your resume and can help you figure out what you want to do.

Toxic environment

If you enjoy being yelled at, being told to lie to customers and carriers, made to fee like you are worthless if you do something that isn't liked, and told one thing only to find another to be true, then TQL is the place for you.

Fun and productive workplace

Fantastic culture and team. Fast paced and a lot of fun. Would recommend to anyone who is willing to work hard and reap the benefits from it. Potential to make loads of money

Revolving door and slimy company

Pay is really bad for the amount of work you have to do, you don't get paid overtime so they abuse that. 7:45 to 5:15 M-F and you work for 4 hours every other saturday, and later on you will have afterhours shifts that will put you close to 60 hour work weeks. You have to pay for parking every day which is about $10 and getting a pass takes forever, and they don't do anything about it.90% turnover rate, I lost count of the amount of people I saw quit. Only benefit is that there's free food and beer.Overall, not worth it unless you like being treated like a doormat.

Poor Communication Kills

Communication between supervisors is terrible, and communication between supervisors and their employees is worse. In my tenure with Total Quality I was never fully trained, going so far as to receiving even more training the day before I parted ways with the company. If you need support, don't! The company is rapidly growing but it the leadership can't match the amount of people they're responsible for.Communication was at its peak when I was threatened with termination. It wasn't until then that I was made aware there was a problem. The day before we parted ways however, my supervisors assured me I could leave on-time for a change. The following day, the person above them called me and announced I'd been fired. No opportunity to talk about it, just get your things, leave your badge, and do not come back.If they provide you with "goals" to avoid termination it's just a guarantee you're going to be fired. They give you a difficult-to-match quota that I had to go far past 8 hour shifts to make to guarantee I didn't lose my job, and even then, see above.They also frequently skimmed my pay. TQL prides itself on extra pay during special hours like weekends, but my paychecks were frequently modified to reflect that I worked less weekend hours than my time sheets provided.

Awesome place to work

The people complaining obviously don't like the fact that you're compensated for how hard you work. It's simple and clear. It's commission or salary, whichever is higher.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Total Quality Logistics (TQL). Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
3.3Personal Development
2.9Career Opportunities
2.9Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight