Total Quality Logistics (TQL) Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Showing all 1,077 reviews
Very low job security and poor work/life balance
Logistics Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCAugust 11, 2018
There is a substantial amount of cold calling in order to land customers. After you do gain business you will not see commission for over a year and the customers can be taken from you if management deems necessary.
Pros
Good work environment
Wrok hard play hard
LTL LAR (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 8, 2018
Very fast pace enviorment, if you are willing to work for it there are big rewards. Great atmosphere, have to enjoy learning and always be forthright.
Why i love TQL
Sales team leader (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 8, 2018
I've been a sales broker at TQL for 9 years now, and its by far the best job I've had. It's crazy busy and stressful at times, but it keeps me on my toes and keeps me interested in the job. There's always something new going on in the market. It's not the type of job that gets stale or boring. Not to mention the uncapped commission. If you can handle being competitive and multi tasking in a quick paced environment, then you'll love TQL!
Pros
Fun exciting culture, beer drops, patio parties, etc
Cons
its can be stressful and you will get calls at night
Competitive Work Environment-- Rewarded off work put in
Salesperson (Current Employee) –  batavia, ohAugust 8, 2018
The actuality of this job is to work. The culture is amazing, the people are great and willing to help you so long as you show up willing to put in the time.

The people who do not make it here are the ones who do not want to work for their money. Please stay driven and never let yourself down as this company is definitely here to assist in making your life better, you just have to do what it takes.
Great Place to Work!
Legal Contract Analyst (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 7, 2018
Yearly recipient of the Best Places to Work award. Employee driven company. Fast pace environment. Challenging yet high rewarding. Leadership is the best in the industry.
Job Security
Logistics Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCAugust 6, 2018
My only negative comment on this position is the lack of job security. If you're one of those people that can easily strive and make sales goals without the fear of losing your job, then I'd say go for it. If you stress easily about not hitting a sales goal or missing a deadline, then this isn't the place for you. If you're able to keep pace and keep your $numbers up, then your job is secure. If the market flips, you miss a goal, or just have a bad week or two, you could be out of your job. It's a tough job, but a wonderful opportunity to if you have the work ethic and strive to keep pushing.
Snakes in the grass
Logistics Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 6, 2018
Beware of snakes. If you're doing well here, somebody is bound to go after your book of business. Unfortunately, they don't all live by TQL's 4 winning principals.
could be a fun environment if you're a rock star. ping pong tables and exercise equipment
Logistics Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 5, 2018
stressful. pressure boiling at times. i learned how to handle tough decision making situations. the management there was awesome.
the workplace culture was really fun we held contests and played a lot of games
My Review
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 1, 2018
TQL is a great company to work for. offers good benefits/and career advancement. the pay could be better as well as the work/life balance but if your willing to work hard then it pays dividends
Absolutely the BEST place to grow, learn and love !
Logistics Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 1, 2018
What a wonderful place to work! Before coming to TQL, I had never experience a work environment that offered such an opportunity for advancement. My trainers and Office lead have played such an intricate part in my progression here and still haven't let up on me. This is a career that presents a life changing opportunity with life changing money and I'm proud to say that I'm a part of TQL.
I worked their inbound calls not sales.
CARRIER SERVICE ASSOCIATE II (Former Employee) –  Milford, OHAugust 1, 2018
Its a none stop pace, we would always have 10+ calls holding with a team of 9 answering calls, each call taking 45 seconds. Very repetitive but the atmosphere is great.
Tql
Logistics Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHJuly 31, 2018
My experience at TQL was great. It approved my selling skills along with my negotiation skills. It was a perfect way to start my career in sales. I would refer anyone to work at TQL if they are looking to getting a jump on their sales career.
ok
Logistics Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 30, 2018
Job was ok, but not a lot of loyalty. The company is setup for turnover and every employee is seen as dispensable. The company will just pass business along to the next guy. Not good for long term job security. TQL should be viewed as a stepping stone or short term employment opportunity.
Office full of stress
LOGISTICS ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAJuly 28, 2018
Very stressful job. Cold calling, Cold calling, and More Cold Calling.
Better hit your goal or you will most likely get fired. Co workers are fun and helpful but a very competitive atmosphere.
Pros
Run your own book of business.
Cons
pay structure is not worth the blood, sweat, & tears.
Challenging and rewarding
Recruiting (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJuly 27, 2018
Good structure to learn a lot in a short amount of time. Work enviroment and job security is a challenge in support and sales roles. Retention programs would be helpful. Would like to see a stronger focus on female and minority leadership opportunies.
Pros
Onsite Gym
Love it
Logistics account executive (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 26, 2018
I wish the base salary was a little higher simply because the city I live in is a high cost of living. I have made it work however. The commissions are fair but they could certainly be better. I have worked in sales for my entire career. I wanted to get in to this for sometime and finally went for it and did. I love coming to work everyday, and our office is by far the best in my opinion. It truly is a job where you get what you put into it. Like any sales job its not just going to fall into your lap you have to go and grab what you want. The company takes care of you and wants you to succeed, there are many tools you can use and people to reach out to. At times you are stressed , but in our office the team is there for you. I couldn't be happier with the job it self . The management and leaders go out of their way to communicate with you and help you succeed, best career move I made was taking the leap to take a pay cut and work here.
Pros
Great people, Fast pace, great environment, uncapped commission
Cons
24/7 as all sales is, low base salary pending where you live, slow to build your book.
Get out what you put in
Logistics Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARJuly 26, 2018
TQL gives you the tools to run your own book of business. It can be a lot of work, especially in the first two years, but similar to opening your own business putting that extra work in gives yourself a better chance of not only succeeding but excelling
Pros
Earning potential, management potential
Cons
Stress
Work Hard/Play Hard
Sales (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 25, 2018
TQL is an awesome career with unlimited growth and opportunity. I have worked here for almost four years and could not say enough good things about the company. It is definitely a work hard/play hard environment and I absolutely love it!
Pros
Unlimited growth, culture, people, opportunity, leadership, money
Perfect For Any Driven Person
Purchasing Project Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJuly 20, 2018
I started back in the workforce after staying home for 15 years to raise my children, and I experienced a wonderful transition back into the workforce at TQL. I started from an entry level positon, and within two years I have promoted twice. I have witnessed others grow their careers as well. With a positive attitude and a strong work ethic, anyone can develop a successful career within TQL.
Stressful
Logistic Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJuly 19, 2018
It's all been said in other reviews. high turnover rate, rude management, endless working hours with minimum compensation, lots of backstabbing and micromanagement.

$35k a year is nothing if you consider they make you work 9 hours a day and every other Saturday.
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Total Quality Logistics (TQL). Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.5InHerSight Score

2.8Personal Development

2.6Career Opportunities

2.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight