Total Safety Employee Reviews

Poor management
Administrative Assistant III (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 10, 2018
I was laid off due to company restructuring. I did not think management did a good job of managing. Did not care for the people I worked with for the most part. Behind your back kind of people.
Pros
Enjoyed my job
Cons
Did not care for the people I worked with for the most part
friendly people did not have to worry about asking for help when needed
Fire Watch (Former Employee) –  Texas City, TXAugust 9, 2018
Totally Safety is awesome place to work. My foreman nevermind me asking questions,About my assignment this is a company that cares about there team.
Pros
Always got a break whenever we needed to break for restroom...ect
Cons
Everything was great at the jobsite so dont have any
ok i ques
Fire Watch (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJuly 29, 2018
they do alot of things with the company mostly just turn arounds in the area its good pay but one mess up and they at the end of the turn around you are gone
n/a
Dispatcher/Central Station Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 29, 2018
A typical work day I send fire letters, answer phone calls and help other dispatchers with whatever they may need.
The hardest part of the job is the working all different hours you must be flexible.
A Sinking Ship
Help Desk Level II/III (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 26, 2018
In my six months with the company, I watched it go from OK to bad and bad to a sinking ship. No direction at all, would hire people left and right but did not have equipment or supplies for them to do their jobs. Management has no clue as to what they are doing or how to plan for tomorrow or success.
I love total safety
Fire/Whole/Bottle Watch (Former Employee) –  Sulphur, LAJuly 16, 2018
Total safety is a laid-back just go with the flow type company. You go in do your job and leave at this company, no extras or in betweens!!! Again, I love total safety
Maimtence
H2S/Electronics Technician (Current Employee) –  MidwestJuly 9, 2018
99% preventative maintenance and 1% sensor maintenance and calibration. Good learning environment. Check the equipment that is on the job sight that you are monitoring. Walk the sight be seen.
Pros
Breaks when needed, paid weekly and 1hrs lunch
Cons
High deductible regarding medical benifits
Safe productive work days
Hole Watch/Fire Watch (Former Employee) –  Gonzales, LAJuly 6, 2018
Total safety of a great company to work with they are very professional great people to work with they mainly on safety also communication is the key with that company
Great job
Safety Attendant (Former Employee) –  Deer Park, TXJune 29, 2018
Great place to work. Keeps you busy and active. Room to move up. You could be on a job for 2 weeks. Or 3 months. Good money. Predem offered along with gas for miles driven.
Worst Position as Driver I have ever held !
Driver (Former Employee) –  Laporte TxJune 28, 2018
Never in my years as a driver have I seen such poor upper management acknowledgement .It is as if drivers play no importance. But yet without trained drivers their business does suffer loss. They continued to lower your income instead of improve.And use you as a puppet on a string. Changing hours etc and forcing such often. My paycheck was wrong every other week.No such thing as performance bonuses or pay raises. And sadly the hardest working drivers were the least recognized being the ones inside their intermediate circle that are , even though not deserving of such. From what I gathered in my short time there as a driver is as long as deliveries are made manangement cares less if one is working diligently and one is not. Just so delivery is made. How they inforce rules and polices on whom they choose to.
I see the driving dept never to be improved in anyway until Total is forced to do so. And from what I gathered that day will never come. Dept turnover as I heard was outrageous but of no concern to them.So if your looking for a company that will care and give attention to you as a professional driver and the driving dept and see that a professional driver has worth? You must find another company because that's exactly what I had to do along with many others before me and after.
Pros
Cons
Raises, management, hours change demands
My View of You!
Safety Attendant (Former Employee) –  Gonzales, LAJune 11, 2018
A typical day working at Total Safety was quite easy for me, i learned how to stay woke for a long timel, it was very challenging in the beginning trying to stay awake for a long period of time. The management there is pretty cool, no one was too hard on any of the employees and they didn't mind hanging around your work area to make sure you were okay, needed a break, or etc. I got along with everyone there and no one had any other problems with anyone else, sitting in the sun, rain, or cold was the hardest part not only for me but for the managers as well. The thing with Total Safety managers is that they don't let you do it alone they're right there with you in the rain, sun, or cold and it makes the job more convenient and comfortable because you know without a doubt you're all a TEAM.
laid back
Technician (Former Employee) –  Nederland, TXMay 31, 2018
to laid back needed more structure. low pay keeps good techs from coming to Total Safety. And the fact the Raises are slower than the pace. they do not care about the fire protection side of the company.
good stepping stone
Safety Specialist (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKMay 29, 2018
Good place to get your foot in the door for safety but not a place I would recommend for a career unless you are in a management position. This is a company that will hire and train you but will also require that you be on call at all times and days of the week.
Pros
good way to build experience
Cons
Great company, no permanent work..
SSP (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 23, 2018
Lowest paid for safety attendants, but if you want to make some turnaround money this is the place for you. Hourly pay should go up being other safety companies are taking their business away. Other than that the company is a good overall place to work, they should focus more on their employees who make their name instead of letting them give them a bad wrap.
Pros
Weekly pay
Cons
Low pay
Productive and challenging
AIR TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  LindenMay 7, 2018
Productive and challenging.Learned great attitude to safety and details.
Management does not pay attention to hardwork and incentives

Workplace culture is great. Good Housekeeping and punctuality.

Hardest part of the job is lifting 25,000 lb of air bottle cascade with hoist.

The most enjoyable part of my job is working as a team with pleasant colleagues
Team oriented people and great place to work
Human Resources Generalist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 21, 2018
A typical day at work involves monitoring the status of the new hires. I learned how to apply certain rules and regulations such as the WARN Act since we experienced a massive layoff. The workplace culture was stress free and very team cohesive with numerous experienced workers. The most difficult part of the job was hearing about great workers losing their jobs due to the closing of a particular location.
Overall great company
Safety Technician/Forman (Former Employee) –  La Porte, TXApril 7, 2018
Total Safety has a honest and fair company. Anyone and everyone can move up the ladder if you want to. Just have to be cetified and well knowalable in your craft.
great job
Fire Watch/ Hole Watch (Former Employee) –  Gonzales, LAApril 4, 2018
great job to work for
interesting safety hazard maintenance
good education in the refinery industry
safety first work place culture
the hardest part of the job was long hours
the most enjoyable part were the coworkers and salary
Okay work no raises
Driver/Laborer (Current Employee) –  Port Arthur, TXMarch 24, 2018
Work more shorthanded with no raise supervisors won't have your back equipment for the birds if you like how people work it will show long as you running your self in the ground it's okay
Pros
Sometime work no lunch
Cons
Breaks ok
Good workplace/ Fast pace/ Great Management/ Room to grow
Business Administrator/ Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX 77084March 15, 2018
Really good workplace, I loved working here. Everyone was really pleasant and willing to train and teach people new jobs. There was always room to grow in this company and definitely challenged you in a good way.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Total Safety. Our community is ready to answer.