Total Safety Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Maimtence
H2S/Electronics Technician (Current Employee) –  MidwestJuly 9, 2018
99% preventative maintenance and 1% sensor maintenance and calibration. Good learning environment. Check the equipment that is on the job sight that you are monitoring. Walk the sight be seen.
Pros
Breaks when needed, paid weekly and 1hrs lunch
Cons
High deductible regarding medical benifits
Safe productive work days
Hole Watch/Fire Watch (Former Employee) –  Gonzales, LAJuly 6, 2018
Total safety of a great company to work with they are very professional great people to work with they mainly on safety also communication is the key with that company
Great job
Safety Attendant (Former Employee) –  Deer Park, TXJune 29, 2018
Great place to work. Keeps you busy and active. Room to move up. You could be on a job for 2 weeks. Or 3 months. Good money. Predem offered along with gas for miles driven.
Worst Position as Driver I have ever held !
Driver (Former Employee) –  Laporte TxJune 28, 2018
Never in my years as a driver have I seen such poor upper management acknowledgement .It is as if drivers play no importance. But yet without trained drivers their business does suffer loss. They continued to lower your income instead of improve.And use you as a puppet on a string. Changing hours etc and forcing such often. My paycheck was wrong every other week.No such thing as performance bonuses or pay raises. And sadly the hardest working drivers were the least recognized being the ones inside their intermediate circle that are , even though not deserving of such. From what I gathered in my short time there as a driver is as long as deliveries are made manangement cares less if one is working diligently and one is not. Just so delivery is made. How they inforce rules and polices on whom they choose to.
I see the driving dept never to be improved in anyway until Total is forced to do so. And from what I gathered that day will never come. Dept turnover as I heard was outrageous but of no concern to them.So if your looking for a company that will care and give attention to you as a professional driver and the driving dept and see that a professional driver has worth? You must find another company because that's exactly what I had to do along with many others before me and after.
Pros
Cons
Raises, management, hours change demands
My View of You!
Safety Attendant (Former Employee) –  Gonzales, LAJune 11, 2018
A typical day working at Total Safety was quite easy for me, i learned how to stay woke for a long timel, it was very challenging in the beginning trying to stay awake for a long period of time. The management there is pretty cool, no one was too hard on any of the employees and they didn't mind hanging around your work area to make sure you were okay, needed a break, or etc. I got along with everyone there and no one had any other problems with anyone else, sitting in the sun, rain, or cold was the hardest part not only for me but for the managers as well. The thing with Total Safety managers is that they don't let you do it alone they're right there with you in the rain, sun, or cold and it makes the job more convenient and comfortable because you know without a doubt you're all a TEAM.
laid back
Technician (Former Employee) –  Nederland, TXMay 31, 2018
to laid back needed more structure. low pay keeps good techs from coming to Total Safety. And the fact the Raises are slower than the pace. they do not care about the fire protection side of the company.
good stepping stone
Safety Specialist (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKMay 29, 2018
Good place to get your foot in the door for safety but not a place I would recommend for a career unless you are in a management position. This is a company that will hire and train you but will also require that you be on call at all times and days of the week.
Pros
good way to build experience
Cons
Great company, no permanent work..
SSP (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 23, 2018
Lowest paid for safety attendants, but if you want to make some turnaround money this is the place for you. Hourly pay should go up being other safety companies are taking their business away. Other than that the company is a good overall place to work, they should focus more on their employees who make their name instead of letting them give them a bad wrap.
Pros
Weekly pay
Cons
Low pay
Productive and challenging
AIR TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  LindenMay 7, 2018
Productive and challenging.Learned great attitude to safety and details.
Management does not pay attention to hardwork and incentives

Workplace culture is great. Good Housekeeping and punctuality.

Hardest part of the job is lifting 25,000 lb of air bottle cascade with hoist.

The most enjoyable part of my job is working as a team with pleasant colleagues
Team oriented people and great place to work
Human Resources Generalist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 21, 2018
A typical day at work involves monitoring the status of the new hires. I learned how to apply certain rules and regulations such as the WARN Act since we experienced a massive layoff. The workplace culture was stress free and very team cohesive with numerous experienced workers. The most difficult part of the job was hearing about great workers losing their jobs due to the closing of a particular location.
Overall great company
Safety Technician/Forman (Former Employee) –  La Porte, TXApril 7, 2018
Total Safety has a honest and fair company. Anyone and everyone can move up the ladder if you want to. Just have to be cetified and well knowalable in your craft.
great job
Fire Watch/ Hole Watch (Former Employee) –  Gonzales, LAApril 4, 2018
great job to work for
interesting safety hazard maintenance
good education in the refinery industry
safety first work place culture
the hardest part of the job was long hours
the most enjoyable part were the coworkers and salary
Okay work no raises
Driver/Laborer (Current Employee) –  Port Arthur, TXMarch 24, 2018
Work more shorthanded with no raise supervisors won't have your back equipment for the birds if you like how people work it will show long as you running your self in the ground it's okay
Pros
Sometime work no lunch
Cons
Breaks ok
Good workplace/ Fast pace/ Great Management/ Room to grow
Business Administrator/ Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX 77084March 15, 2018
Really good workplace, I loved working here. Everyone was really pleasant and willing to train and teach people new jobs. There was always room to grow in this company and definitely challenged you in a good way.
Hardest part of job
Safety Attendant (Former Employee) –  Sinclair, WYMarch 15, 2018
The hardest part of this job was not getting board. I also tried not to get to overheated working outside in summertime. It was not challenging job and it I kept myself challenged by talking to operators to know exactly what I was going to be watching out for in the area I was working in.
Exciting and cutting edge work opportunities.
Consultant and On-Site Lead QHSE (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAMarch 7, 2018
A very broad company that exemplified what Occupational Safety should be. Also, working in the Lafayette, LA office allowed me to have the best Manager/Supervisor I have ever had.
Pros
Fair wages, room for growth, plenty of work available and great management.
Cons
This positon requires that one may be away from family, friends and loved ones for extended periods of time.
productive
Field Radio Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 16, 2018
The company was fine until we merge with a fire technical company that had no idea what we did, that is when the other management stepped in an was making changes to our department and everyone started quitting and other were getting laid off.
Rough Time
Rental and Compliance Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Beaumont, TXFebruary 15, 2018
The hardest part of the job is trying to keep up with all the demands of Exxon Mobil, and the contractors on site, while trying to stay in compliance.
Pros
All the work you want.
Cons
Big time stress, no time for personal life.
Productive and
Safety Attendant/Fire Watch (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 13, 2018
The work was steady, and the company was good to work with. I only left due to the job being finished, it was a shutdown down for only a few months. I would work for them again.
Pros
The job was a good one, and the supervisors we're very good to the workers.
Cons
There were no cons at least not to me, can't speak for everyone.
stagnation
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 7, 2018
There is not room for improvement or advancement. It does not have a supportive environment for employees, particularly women. It does provide benefit options.
benefits
Cons
management