Total Transit Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
sucks
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZJuly 10, 2018
takes one week to two weeks to work from home. office has bed bugs software works on and off. high volume calls and micro management is over whelming. work on holidays mandatory. force worse shift hours on you and hard to get shift change or go from part time to full time.
Pros
work from home
Cons
stressful micro manage forced shifts and threats
working with great people on a high energy dispatch enviroment
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZJune 4, 2018
Loved working here as the training was top notch and the staff was always willing to help out so I never felt stuck or lost on the clock.

great resources for advancement and a high demand promote from within structure.
Pros
fast paced, good training.
This Industry Is Fading Away
Independent Contractor (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZMay 2, 2018
Driving a cab is not a great way to make living, and there was very little money in it. Not only did you have to lease your cab for a minimum of 12 hours, you were also required to pay a stipend for every dispatched call you accepted. This latter issue was not in existence when I first started driving, and despite the additional drop to my income, they did not feel it necessary to increase fares to balance it out.
Productive and nice place to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Glendale, AZApril 25, 2018
great customer service and easy people to work with. i would take around 200+ calls assisting with drivers and how to get to the location to where the the passenger is.
Great place to work at!
Employee (Current Employee) –  Glendale, AZApril 13, 2018
Caring, compassionate company. Leadership team is top-notch. Culture is one of the best that I have ever been associated with. Great teamwork by all!
driver
Independent Contractor (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZFebruary 26, 2018
you do not matter at all. you are nothing but a number paying them for their car. it is not a job where the driver is in any practicle interest to the company.
Fair place
Independent Contractor (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZFebruary 12, 2018
I enjoyed the flexibility of making my own schedule and being able to pick my days off . There are no benefits , health insurance , sick days or paid time off . Your are independent which means no boss down your neck and great opportunity to make money .
most of the time we stayed busy but on slow days we did work that wasn't in our job title
Auto Technician (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZOctober 11, 2017
Work at total transit was good but communication was bad.At times it was frustrating to find vehicles that needed to be repaired. Getting parts om time was bad. We had company safety meetings every month and lunch was provided for employees.
Pros
Free lunch during our safety meetings
Cons
30 minute lunch
Not horrible
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Glendale, AZOctober 10, 2017
The job itself is not that difficult, you are there to provide the best customer care for the people who do not have transportation to medical related appointment. What does become difficult it the various people that call in a a typical day. That, include the constant technical issues that occur quite often as well as the hiring waves that leave no available seating can make an otherwise simple job more stressful than it needs to be. In theory this job should be simple.
Pros
not in the heat all day
Cons
short breaks
extremely competetive between drivers
Independently contracted Driver (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZOctober 9, 2017
you work 12 hour shifts, by the time you pay off your $90 vehicle lease and refuel and wash your vehicle daily, you are lucky if you take home $40 a day!!!
Pros
you work when you want as a independant contracted driver, but it has to be 12 hour shifts
Cons
no money to be made unless you live in your vehicle 7 days a week 24 hours a day
Crazy Yet Rewarding
TRANSPORTATION COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZOctober 3, 2017
Great Place to gain fast paced stressful call center experience, they offer overtime, random mandatory shifts given, Management does not lead by example. Call center could be cleaned, new carpets. pests control. I made lost of money working over time, and the company does reward its employees at times with company events, give away. you get to talk to many callers from all over AZ
Pros
Overtime, Pto
Cons
Break, Lunch, Cleanliness, Leadership
just sort of day by day
Ambulatory Service Driver (Former Employee) –  PHX, AZSeptember 11, 2017
the job was a contract base which resulted in a huge loss of main account. as a result, there was no work left for contractors to do. On top of contract loss, they went from reliable technology to unreliable technology
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
uncontrolled work load
productive workplace. they let me have fun at what I know how to do
Driver (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZAugust 3, 2017
great company. Very busy place. I had a lot of fun practicing my specialties at fabrication with 0 tolerance and great quality of workmanship. I had a great supervisor and management was responsive and we were well informed. The hardest part of my jobs is going home everyday because I get into what I am doing and regret having to quit everyday.
The most enjoyable part of my jobs is that they actually paid me to do what I enjoyed.
Pros
awards for good attendance.
nice work area
Dispatcher/Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  43rd and camelackJuly 21, 2017
neat work area, good experience, however management had favorites and pay raises were super slim. the job has its good and bad days, customers that are super nice, customers that are super rude but in the end its a job and you do what you have to do.
Pros
coworkers were nice
Cons
little to no raises
Company moving in negative direction. Not pro driver
Taxi Driver (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZJuly 15, 2017
It has been a great retirement job. Recent changes to operations have cut income and lead to frustrations. The company recently moved away from traditional meters and dispatching and replaced with a poorly designed app.
Pros
Independent Contractor work when you want
Cons
Poor management
OK place to work. Management cares
System Analyst (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZJuly 11, 2017
Most days were pretty busy. It kinda depended on how busy the phones were, I did get to learn about forecasting calls, how to run a call center and how to use workforce management software.
Pros
The people were good to work with and management wanted you to have a good work/life balance
Cons
Mostly the distance of my commute
I enjoyed working with the cabbies
Leasing Agent / Cashier (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZJune 23, 2017
It was a fun place to work & I enjoyed working with the cab drivers, and the other cashiers. I learned a lot from being there regarding balancing bank deposits
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Night shift started conflicting with home life
Don't do it!
Bus Operator (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJune 20, 2017
If you have a chance to work here, don't. No communication. No respect. Not enough pay for the hours you work and the amount of things you have to put up with. 12.50/hour to drive humans around. Not worth it.
Great Company
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 7, 2017
I enjoy working here the agents and management is great. We have a lot of company events throughout the year, and a overall positive work environment. Since being here I have become more fluent with Excel. Helping the drivers throughout the day with different task is what I love to do.
A position where you were independent
Shuttle Driver (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZMay 14, 2017
It was a job that paid over minimum wage and there were medical benefits;although,the deductible was high. Those were the only cons that I can think of. Favoritism came into play often at the workplace. If you were new, you had no outside life because you were working whenever needed and that could be starting anywhere from 4a.m.- 2p.m.
Pros
A little more than minimum wage, Some medical benefits
Cons
Favoritism, no break on some routes