Total Transportation Services (TTSI)

Total Transportation Services (TTSI) Employee Reviews

Ttsi
I learned most of my skills at ttsi. Micro soft, data entry, scanning documents & payroll reports.
Everyone works as a team to resolve issues and maintain a good work flow.
Fast paced and constantly changing work environment
The day to day work at TTSI is never the complete same. Balancing the drivers, customers, the port and corporate comes with time. The more you are hands on during the training process the better off you are when they set you out on your own to dispatch, plan, or payroll. It can become stressful but it all comes in waves. If you enjoy a fast paced fun close work environment this is for you.
Pros
Full benefits, time and a half over-time, job security.
Cons
Only days off, besides weather conditions, are the holidays. if the port is open you are working.
Communicative and promotes growth
As an office employee I have great communication with all the staff members including my superiors. I follow up with any help needed as well as the chance to take on any new responsibilities. Communication is a key part of my job duties as I follow up with both our staff members our driver team as well any individuals interested in joining our team; if an issues arises the team is always helpful if needed.
Productive and Fun!
Starting work at 5:00 am and get off at 6:00 pm Monday-Friday. Worked here for almost 6yrs. Management was great until it changed toward the end of my 5 1/2 years contracted to this company.
Pros
Great Pay and Work/life balance
Cons
Change in Management
Fair
Its a great company to start out in logistics.

You will learn quite a bit.

Very fast paced. Be prepared to work hard.

Company is organized.

Management could be a lot better.
Pros
Free Lunches, Outside walks, Lots of overtime, Work life balance
Cons
Management, Work environment, Work politics
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.
fun yet challenging job
ttsi is a slow paced job but your always interacting with drivers. staff and management are very nice and helpful so youll adjust in no time. the benefits are great and they will work with you if you have emergencies.
Great place to learn the industry
Company is open to training and creates a great environment for new young personnel in the field. Very Friendly and welcoming team, highly praised for the strong constructive criticism and patience
Would not recommend working for this company
Would not recommend working for this company unless they have done a major overhaul of the management staff. Not a good work environment and they did not "care" about their employees.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Total Transportation Services (TTSI)?
Can be fun at times, but company doesn't keep raise promises.
It was great working there while it lasted. It's just hard when management doesn't take suggestions or keep their promises on bonuses or benefits. I wish that they would care more about their employees who have been loyal and work hard for them. Some pros would be the people that you work with. I have to say everyone at TTSI brings a fun environment. Everyone worked as a team and made sure we covered one another. They can be flexible with any type of appointments or vacations. Cons would have to be terrible benefits for the employees. Employee's bust their butts to make sure THEIR customers are happy and I feel those employee's who have stayed through the good and bad times deserve a raise. They can be stingy. You only get PTO, Health, Dental, Vision and a 401K that they don't match.
Pros
Free lunch occasionally, potlucks, coworkers, vacations, flexible with schedules.
Cons
cheap benefits, no raises, high expectations for low pay.
fun
this was a good fun experience company to work for, they give you the opportunity to escalate to a different position within time and work
Demanding and unpredictable workdays.
A typical day at work would include several hundreds of emails, many phone calls, and piles of paperwork. I learned how to manage my time efficiently and to communicate effectively while doing so. The management knows how to delegate tasks effectively, even though a lot of those tasks end up coming to me to be properly completed. Co-workers are friendly but not so easy to collaborate with to get things done correctly. The hardest part of the job is that the work flow never ends and if you get behind, its difficult to catch back up. The most enjoyable part of the job is the steady 8am to 5pm schedule.
enjoyable in the few years when i started , then it got hard to work due to dispach preferences
I drove the truck , spend long hours in lines at the ports , learn to have patience whit traffic, drive with cautions, by friendly with
customers, and have good relationship with your co-workers The hardest part of the job for me was the long periods of time at the ports to get a loads out sometimes went over 5 hours. The good part of my job was when a drive at night with no traffic.
Pros
flexible ahours
Cons
short or no breaks
Entrepenurial company solid reputation
Fast paced environment with think outside the box driven management
Pros
no micromanaging
Cons
needed more communication
Long layovers
If we didn't have over a day's layover the job would have been okay. I have been a solo driver most of my career but this was a team job and we were not a good match.
Pros
none that i can think of
Cons
team driver
Truck driver make deliveries warehouse and forklift driver
Truck driver make deliveries warehouse and forklift driver
productive; fast pace environment
The best part of it was that I really liked my job. It was a new experience everyday as I was part of a team of three people in which we were in charge of over 80 truck drivers. It was a very fast pace environment so that made our nights busier. And of course with a lot of that type of work come complications; fixing the problems was what I liked the most.
Pros
only work four days; mondays through thursdays!
Cons
work nights; 10-12hrs each night.
Warehouse environment, multi-tasking, labor entensive at times.
Unloading freight from containers. Palletising, inspecting, and moving container cargo (mainly food items).

I learned a lot about humility in this environment. It was very hard working at times with a lot of responsibility. "You cannot assume you are smarter than the janitor."

Management was not clearly defined. Very small business with a lot of direct control from vice president of company.

Co-workers were hard working individuals that respect was earned from not given. Very tough first couple of months.

Hardest part of this job is maintaining control over various activities that could go on at any given point.

Most enjoyable part of this job is knowing when you succeeded at something that seemed impossible.
Pros
great learning experience.
Cons
pay was bad, and there was no movement as far as promotions.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Total Transportation Services (TTSI). Our community is ready to answer.
2.9