TOTAL TRANSPORTATION Employee Reviews

Bus Company
Safety Officer (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NY 11208September 14, 2018
Fast-paced work environment. Management, not so friendly. Diversity with the worker's you dealt with. Total Transportation Corporation is a bus company that services the handicapped as well as school children, throughout the five boroughs. My position dealt with accident investigations within the company. Our drivers were from different backgrounds, which at time made it difficult to properly determine who was at fault.
Pros
Laid back environement.
Only good for Retirees
Bus Attendant (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYFebruary 2, 2019
This Job is only good for Retirees or if you have a 2nd Job for the weekends. You wake up early like around 2 am to go to a Bus Depot or Parking Lot wait in a school bus or cold trailer to be assigned a driver if you don't get a driver you wait all day to be assigned one. If you do get a driver you work from 7a to 9 am then go home to meet your driver at the last stop you had and work from 2p-5p or a little later.
Pros
If the driver is cool get to chill
Cons
To much time in your hands in the day
Ok place to work if you want party money
Bus Attendant (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 13, 2018
If your young starting off in college i would go for it but overall its not a career job you can make it through college with this type of job and my advice is when you finish school immediately get a better job thats in your field of study
interesting place to work at
Cab Driver (Current Employee) –  Elmira, NYDecember 24, 2018
The company it self is a good company to work for. However some of the customers are a little hard to deal with when they are under the influence of drugs and/or alcohol. This made it difficult for me to perform my job to the best of my ability. I always kept a professional mannerisms while driving all my customers to the destinations.
Pros
discount rides
Cons
intoxicated customers
Cc
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Richland, MSNovember 1, 2018
Account management taught me the ways of the brokerage world, by building relationships with trucks and customers. Also gave me insight into pricing and customer insight
Total as a company is good but management at this location is bad
Driver/Operator (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 7, 2018
Management at this location is bad , cut hours for no reason , no respect for veteran drivers . Said there would be no decrease in available work that was a lie
Pros
Good health insurance
Cons
New management is the worst
Great!!!
Tech.I, II, Detail and Inspection Controls (Former Employee) –  Olive Branch, MSSeptember 12, 2018
Total transportation is a great starter company to learn different task and levels. They offer opportunity to move from area to area so u can learn the entire operation fast
Pros
Free food weekly, christmas gifts
Cons
Short breaks and point system
Management and inside employees unorganied, unfriendly
OTR Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Richland, MSAugust 4, 2018
Unorganized mangers and dispatchers!!!!!! Having you waiting for hours. Some trainers rude and mean!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Would never go back to this company.
Pros
Trucks drive great
Cons
Management unorganized
Good Company
Truck Driver (OTR) (Former Employee) –  Richland, MSSeptember 7, 2018
I don't know have recent knowledge of how they are now. I worked there 14 yrs ago and it was really good. I stumbled into a local job was the only reason I left.
Good starting point
OTR Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSAugust 15, 2018
The company is great if you are just getting into the business. Cannot comment on how their pay for experienced drivers compares to other companies. New trucks.

Want to know more about TOTAL TRANSPORTATION?

Ask a question
Very busy and can be fun
Bus Monitor (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 25, 2018
I’ve learned a lot with working with disability children and it wasn’t very easy but I stayed because it was nothing I couldn’t handle. I have kids I deal with all day long. It’s all about keeping the children safe at the end of the day.
I actually love working with Children
School Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  United StatesJuly 9, 2018
Great/Friendly work place,the staff are Wonderful, I absolutely love to experience being on the road exploring nature while safely transporting my Children.
if it’s any issues with my bus
it’s handle immediately!
Management and Benefits
Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJuly 16, 2018
typical day at work was great for me .... I enjoyed doing my job just wish is was more organized. Total Transportation Bus Company was a great opportunity I've learned a lot from them.
Pros
great people
Cons
No vacation time
Great company
OTR Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Richland, MSApril 25, 2018
Great fleet managers
Friendly environment
Compromising
Meet your needs
Training was a great experience
I learned alot about driving tractor trailers
nice caring people
Truck Driver (OTR) (Former Employee) –  Richland, MSFebruary 26, 2013
drive sleep eat drive like the people but need to be with family
Pros
good pay and benefits
Cons
not being home
Great company but it could use some work
OTR Tractor Trailer Driver (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSMarch 25, 2018
Great people,good pay,and care about family. They will do what ever they can to get you ready to drive a truck safely over the road. They pay for all the training and you have nothing out of pocket.
Great place to work for
Former Truck driver (OTR) (Former Employee) –  Hammond, LAApril 28, 2017
This company is honstly a good company. Its all about what you make out of it though. My checks use to be 800 to 1200 after taxes and insurance almost every week. And on a bad week 500 to 700 paycheck. But if u look at it this way if you get two good weeks in a row and one bad one after that you still could wind up with 3400 in three weeks.. P.S. Daniel CORKERN best dispatcher there in my opinion. There some local/dedicated runs you just have to tell your dispatch. ALL TRUCKS ARE AUTOMATIC
Pros
Paycheck, friendly management, you control your schedule once you prove your self in about 6 months
Cons
Only a few peterbilts
Customer Service/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Mira Loma, CANovember 6, 2014
Hardworking Customer Service professional with a diverse background in transportation, retail sales, and mortgage. Diligent and dependable with excellent skills in time management and a team player attitude. Proficient in learning new tasks quickly and exceeding expectations. Outgoing and friendly, with service driven nature. Key competencies include:

> Excellent communicator
> Ability to develop and implement new policies and procedures.
> Accountable and reliable
> Quick learner
> Managerial skills with the capability to schedule personnel and maintain inventory.
> Decision making and problem solving.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
No cons
it was a good job
Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Wappingers Falls, NYNovember 19, 2017
It was a good job however I left to make more money working at camp ramah I was getting atleast an extra $100 a week or more and had lots of extra hours at camp ramah.
Productive and resourceful
Dispatch Customer service rep (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMay 22, 2017
Building a great customer service team striving for amazing excellence in what the company stood for not only there employees but also servicing the public. Everything about this company recognize your ability to grow and they help you with growing beside the long hours it was a very great place of employment.
Pros
Safe, Productive, Growth
Cons
No breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TOTAL TRANSPORTATION. Our community is ready to answer.