Total Wine & More Employee Reviews

Low pay
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZMarch 25, 2019
Too much work for low pay. Mgrs lie and abuse you. Dont work here. See all the alcoholics in town. ...Computers and scanners dont work. Favoritism for hours.
Pros
Easy
Cons
Pay
Underpaid and no advancement in the company
Front End Team Member (Current Employee) –  Folsom, CAMarch 23, 2019
It started out nice until a huge turnover in management happend and it has never been the same. No growth or advancement. Very under paid for what you have to deal with as a cashier.
Pros
Private tastings
Cons
Favoritism and no advancement terrible management
Wonderul place to work.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Daly City, CAMarch 22, 2019
I have been in retail for 13 years and have never found a place I truly enjoyed working until I found Total Wine. It's seriously an amazing environment with understanding management. There's a level of professionalism matched with strong enthusiasm and passion for the job that you won't find anywhere. I had to leave because I moved out of state but I do plan on working for the company again in the future.
Pros
Great environment. Great pay. Great customers. Can be stressful but nothing over the top.
Cons
Hours can be tricky.
It was a fun fast paces place. With awesome people
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZMarch 21, 2019
I loved the people I worked with and being on the registers was easy. You learned a lot about the beer wine and liquor. Also if you wanted to learn diffrent areas they are happy to teach you.
Decent company to work for, depending on individual store management
Sales Professional (Former Employee) –  Washington StateMarch 19, 2019
Very corporate, you don't have much autonomy and they seem to rarely promote from within anymore (I trained numerous new managers/assistant managers and they were always from some other company and knew nothing about the wine/spirits business)

They do work with you on your schedule to a point which is nice. Lots of free wine and beer to try which is nice. If you excel in sales and pass their internal certifications you may be picked to go on some really nice trips.
great work environment
Front End Team Member (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 15, 2019
was a great retail position to work, had a good atmosphere and great employees and management. the customers were also for the most part very pleasant and made the atmosphere good as well.
Great company to work for
Warehouse Receiver (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 6, 2019
This company truly cares they take care of employees as well as customers. They make sure everyone is properly trained for their job position and are willing to retain when needed.
Pros
Good atmosphere
Cons
Short breaks
Productive & Fun
Lead Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FL Then Transfered To Lynnwood, WAMarch 4, 2019
Really loved my job, my coworkers & the customers. Didnt mind the management so much. I worked as much as I could at the time. Constantly picked up shifts when available. Picked up on manager Duties. Felt good actually. I ended up quitting due to family issues and poor skills on management's Part. I believe management sets an environment for all employees.
productive but slow paced workplace
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CAFebruary 26, 2019
merchandising for total wine or more was a great experience for me. While working there i learned about many wines and spirits beverages. i learned the system of inventory of wine and spirits. A typical day of work would be pulling items from inventory, re stocking the shelf, creating inventory pull lists, and web orders. Management were very much involved in customer service and were well in communication with employees through portable radio devices. workplace culture was very friendly and professional. The hardest part of the job would be days that we receive orders from our vendors. The most enjoyable part of the job would be assisting the customers.
Total Wine Employment Review
Retail Cashier (Former Employee) –  St. Petersburg, FLFebruary 25, 2019
The management meant to be an assisting power but were at times difficult to have them come over and assist at the register or on the floor. The culture was collaborative in a certain aspect but it was more towards helping each other getting through the day rather than achieving a performance goal. While I was there I learned a fair amount about beer, wine and spirits. In terms of how its made, the certain characteristics of particular examples. Enough to cover most customers questions. Depending on the role I was to fill in on a day would determine what I did. The days where I worked as a cashier was mostly me operating at my assigned register ringing customers up and placing the items into a box, a grocery bag or the customer's bag. Conversations were minimal due to the customer's lack of interest or the number of customers waiting in line. The hardest part of the job was trying to be able to converse with a customer to educate them about what they were asking for or helping them find what they were wanting. The most enjoyable part of the job were my fellow coworkers who worked the cashier/floor with me.
Pros
Discount on certain items
Cons
lack of advancement
positive work place like traveling without an passport
Wine and Spirits Associate (Current Employee) –  River Edge, NJFebruary 24, 2019
a typical work force day is never the same no matter how many times you shop at Total Wine and more.

Total Wine offers great selection and there is always new and exciting product every day.

the workplace culture is exciting there is always something to do
the work - flow balance can be an bit opportunity

tasking and customer engagement and any eligible team member who is capable of operation an cash register. while manage to an assign service area

knowledge is an key factor for employees of Total Wine and the most rewarding is of tastings and education experience that Total Wine offers to the employees and the Consumer.
Pros
discount product knowledge
Cons
short staff
Low wages, poor work and life balance
Customer Service Team Member (Former Employee) –  Maple Grove, MNFebruary 23, 2019
Okay job for part timers, also okay for a temporary job. Work/life balance is poor because of long hours at odd times of the day. Communication is usually poor because management doesn’t tell everyone about new information.
Fun but corporate doesn't care
Merchandiser & Certified Receiver (Current Employee) –  Chesterfield, MOFebruary 21, 2019
Fun company but ever since one of the owners went into Congress it has lost its ways. That's all I have to say. hey just hire managers with no industry experience but just retail experience
Pros
Fun Industry
Cons
Management, Pay, Work-Social Life
Enjoyable work place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCFebruary 20, 2019
I rang customers up with their purchase.
I helped customers find beverages they were interested in or could not find.
Assisted in making sure the shelves were stocked.
A Decent Job
Sales Associate/Front End Team Member/Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CAFebruary 18, 2019
Working at Total Wine was a great experience, but it lacked decent pay and overall employee importance. If you want to start out in the wine and spirits industry then Total Wine is great. Its better than most retail stores but the pay and treatment of employees is very lackluster.
Pros
Wine, Beer, and Spirits Learning
Cons
Pay
poor
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  MissouriFebruary 13, 2019
Poor work environment with very little to no advancement with continual stress to sell sell sell their own products. No break from floor and too many managers.
Challenging and ability to problem solve
Front End Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAFebruary 13, 2019
I was able to do a multitude of activities and use a few of my skills. Invoice and payroll management I did alot of.
Putting together weekly wine tastings was enjoyable.
Changing the narrative of what a wine and beer expert looked like was also awesome.
Pros
Wine tastings
Cons
Lack of advancement
I had a great time working at Total Wine & More
Wine Associate (Former Employee) –  Kendall, FLFebruary 6, 2019
I enjoyed learning lots about wines and developing skills to sell good wines to my customers. I worked during the holidays so there was a lot of traffic flow coming in. But a high percent of all our customers were content by the time they left.
6 out of 10
Wine Associate (Former Employee) –  Palm BeachFebruary 4, 2019
Given the title as wines associate. Given wine table tasting in 2017. Increased sales by selecting wines, cultivating customer relationships and honesty and strong believe in what I sold to my customer base.

Enjoyed building customer relationships and selling them the best wines possible.
Pros
Cons
Could be better at treating their employee's.
Productive and fun work place with lots of opportunities
Scrum Master (Former Employee) –  Bethesda, MDFebruary 4, 2019
My experience working here was a good one. My abilities as a certified scrum master were constantly put to test here with some challenging projects. This helped tremendously in my growth and confidence as a scrum master, giving me the feeling that l can handle anything in my job field.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Total Wine & More. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

2.0Fairygodboss Score

0%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

0%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss