Total Employee Reviews

Found 143 reviews matching the search See all 1,043 reviews
TOTAL competitive company with mutlicultural experience
PROJECT ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  ParisAugust 23, 2018
I started my day by making a round of the team member already at work and wishing them a good morning, discussing few topic work / non-work related. after that depending on my agend (meeting or not scheduled) I was updating myself about urgent email / actions required. If no urgent action was required then I was starting my day to day activities.

Most of the time I worked in Open space and the team members were vey professional and friendly.

I was lucky during my job with Total and my managers were demanding but fair and listening to our suggestions. I must admit the managers I had were very professional.
Pros
Good Computers / Electronics
Cons
long days
Enfocados en servir y en mantener el área apta para los clientes.
Cajera, Servicio al Cliente, mantenimiento (Current Employee) –  Camuy Municipio, PRAugust 16, 2018
Es tranquilo con buen ambiente y mercancía variada para necesidades de emergencia.
Pros
Paga el mínimo a pesar de ser estación de gasolina
Cons
No hay hora de break
Ninguno , si no pagas no tienes nada gratis
Gastation (Former Employee) –  Aguadilla, PRAugust 7, 2018
Falta de liderazgo , el dueño no es flexible con los empleados, y siempre anda de mal humor ,
No longer in business
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJuly 24, 2018
Great place to start your management career,but not much chance of advancement after reaching the store manangement position. Benefits were severely lacking.
I would go back to a gas station but it would have to be another one.
Cajera Gasolinera (Former Employee) –  Caguas Municipio, PRJuly 9, 2018
I like the job on the gas station but it was poor hours and so little payment. But I would never go back to a gas station like this one. It’s great if you like the time and the things you have to do.
Bad management with no place for advancement.
Process Operator (Current Employee) –  Beaumont, TXJune 28, 2018
The Total-Cray Valley site in Beaumont, Texas has gone through several management changes in the last 7 years that I’ve been employed there. The current plant manager and production manager have had a direct impact on the downward trend of morale on site. They’re concerns for themselves and building their resume to move on to other careers has had a devastating effect on our process equipment while pushing employees to look for other jobs. Up until the last 4-5 years the site itself has been a great place to work according to operators that have been there 20-30 years.
Pros
Good pay and decent healthcare insurance.
Cons
Terrible management, lack of training and advancement positions.
Oil Corporation with great pay and benefits but little room to grow profesionally
DEPUTY OPERATIONS MANAGER (Former Employee) –  St Thomas, VIJune 21, 2018
- Typical work day 9-10hrs
- learned about bulk fuel storage facilites and management, aviation operations and aviation fueling operations, taker receipt operations, oil spill response, API Standards
- Upper Management cares only about the bottom line, provide little to no support to mid level managers, no coaching or mentoring provided
- The hardest part of the job was having no support from HR to deal with toxic subordiantes
- The daily challenges of running a bulk petroleum storage and distribution facility.
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
Little to no support from leadership, poor HR support, toxic subordinates
Lugar de trabajo exelente
Servicio al cliente (Former Employee) –  Carolina Municipio, PRJune 20, 2018
Buen trabajo exelente jefa y Buenos compañeros y gran servicio
Pros
Tiempo de media 30 para comer
Cons
No ahi nada en contra
high energy and great trainers
Energy Consultant (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJune 20, 2018
Total gas and electric was a very competitive and high energy job. it was an outdoor job, door to door and staff was trained to speak with individual residents about there gas and electric bills to see if they can get a competitive rate on their bills. each staff was properly trained and pumped to motivate every single day. paper work was always a must and filing. and responding to all job task given.
Pros
staff was driven to and from locations daily.
Cons
weather condition's caused low hours for staff
good company
Consultant, Umbilical Engineer (Former Employee) –  ParisJune 17, 2018
An open and very progressive company that looks out for all employees and staff equally, contract and full time. friendly atmosphere good people to work with.
Total oil company is a multinational company that operates in more then 80 countries in the World, and it's very highly reputable
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  AfricaMay 10, 2018
The work begins every day by taking stock of the products. The workers are being supervised as they go on with their daily work routines. The most enjoyable is when i go out to the oil refinary to place an order for products to be supplied, and also when receiving the products. The hardest is during the reception whereby it is found that the products have been adultrated and having to write a report to this effect. This is very stressful because returning the product will be at my peril if the product is detremined otherwise and therefore the cost will be borne by me. Another stressful issue is when dealing with customers. They often come up with complaints and i have to spend time resolving them.
Pros
emullements, out station allownaces and access to people with high authority.
Cons
No health or dental care insurance, and no advancement
nice environment
MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 3, 2018
I supervised 15 employees, directing operations of a high-volume convenience store, coordinating all personnel scheduling, inventory record keeping and control, financial/record keeping, coaching and employee training. Establishing programs to increase sale and determining profitability/loss of different components.
Pros
nice environment
Good workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Puerto RicoApril 30, 2018
Flexible hours, good environment. Oportunity to work overtime. No full-time possition where I used to work. Good companionship from former co-workers. Paid vacation days and sick days.
Pros
Flexible hrs
Cons
No full-time jobs available
Excellent company to work with great work life balance.
Procurement & Contract Senior Buyer (Current Employee) –  Guaynabo, PRApril 26, 2018
A Typical day at work is very relax. Excellent company to work with great work life balance. I have learned a lot about the Oil and gas Industry. There are many opportunities for women managers. The culture is relax. The hardest part of my job is to have people follow processes. The most enjoyable part of the job the work life balance.
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
Low salaries
Good company
Staff Accountant Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 25, 2018
I started as a contract employee, I advanced within a year to two positions. It is a huge company and there will always be cut-throats, but it is good
Pros
Able to advance
Cons
cut-throats
No fun their at the workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sun ValleyApril 23, 2018
Is to provide good customer service to the customer. To provide good customer service and How to to handle situation in the business. There were poor Management in the business. It wasn't a nice environment to work in and It was surrounded bye crime and violence. The hardest part in my job was to deal with dishonest supervisors. Love to service customers. The reason I resign disrespectful supervisor, poor management and gossip.
Great laboral culture
Asistente Administrativo (Current Employee) –  Guaynabo, PRApril 9, 2018
Comfortable and cheerful work environment. Great opportunities for growth and exposure.

They allow you to grow in the workplace and although many times employees are hired as temporary workers, they have the option of obtaining permanence if their performance is considerable.
Ambiente grupal
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Cabo Rojo Municipio, PRJanuary 29, 2018
Muy buenos equipós de trabajos.
Donde adquirí mis primeras experiencias de servicio al cliente.
n/a
Accounts Payables Analyst (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 17, 2018
My overall Total Experience was great. It was a contract job which enabled me to oversee some of the accounting operations. I have no complaints it gave me great experience.
Challenging
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Port Arthur, TXJanuary 10, 2018
Complicated. Learned about coker units. Management was good. workplace was excellent. hardest part was the surrounding area seemed unsafe. Successful completion of the project
Pros
Successful completion of the project
Cons
Surrounding area

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Total. Our community is ready to answer.