Total Employee Reviews

Found 143 reviews matching the search See all 1,043 reviews
GReat place to work
Vice President of Business Development (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 13, 2017
THis is a great place to work. If I could work there again i would do it again. I wish i never earned a bonus so big that encouraged me to open up my own business. This allowed me to leave my 9-5 and now lead my own organization.
Very poor management , and no (zero) room for advancement...
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXNovember 30, 2017
Very poor operations training, operators destroyed equipment,maintenance department doesn’t have any upward mobility at all, planning and shipping departments completely removed. Small plant trying to be ran like large one without any knowledgeable management, know one is promoted from within so there isn’t any plant operational knowledge in management and it shows .Pay is ok and good 401k match, bottom line is if you like what your doing on your first day....(because you’ll be doing it forever) you’ll be ok.....and call out sucks... Yes you will be called... OH yeah and its very sticky, (they make glue resin) nasty. Moral is usually very low due to management trust issues.
Pros
Ok pay
Cons
Worst plant manager, on call, trust issues everywhere......
Nice place, nice people, the occasional rude customer.
Gas Station Cashier & Attendant (Former Employee) –  Corozal Municipio, PRNovember 17, 2017
I worked there very shortly through a student program. It was nice. The occasional rude customer. Other than that, learned a lot of things. Was a nice change of pace for sure.
Embarrassing management
Process Technician (Current Employee) –  Beaumont, TXNovember 15, 2017
Cray Valley Beaumont is by far the worst plant in the Golden Triangle. Unsafe conditions, run equipment till failure, female plant manager who has no clue how to run a plant.

Chose this site over a Total job in Port Arthur. Biggest mistake of my life. The plant manager at Cray Valley Beaumont makes this site a challenge to work at. I regret my decision to work here on a daily basis. It's almost unbelievable how much the employeees hate working here. Everyone is on Indeed looking for new jobs when they get a break.
Pros
Paved parking lot
Cons
Plant manager, production manager, maintenance dept
Good Place to Work
Process, Instrumentation & Control Engineer (Former Employee) –  TexasSeptember 27, 2017
This is a French company.
The global headquarters is on the outskirts of Paris, France.
The US headquarters is located in Houston, TX.
I worked at the Polypropylene plant in LaPorte, TX.
Pros
In Major Metro Area
Cons
Off-Hours Coverage
Awesome experience and great place to acquire new skills.
On-site Manager for US Doors (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 29, 2017
Working for Total Access was an amazing opportunity and helped me to acquire skills which have become invaluable. Being a recruiter/ on-site for total access opened career doors as well as personal contacts which will help me navigate through this changing industry.
Pros
Excellent benefits and awesome management team.
Cons
Owner sold company and US Doors closed their business permenantly.
good work place
Junior Lawyer (Current Employee) –  ParisAugust 26, 2017
very motivated teams
strong culture in the company
strong values and principles
a lot of challenge and opportunities
I learned a lot on how an International company can deal with all the compliance issues and especially anti corruption and economical sanctions issues
Productive work environment
Trade Floor Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 24, 2017
When working at Total Gas & Power it was a wonderful experience for me. I never worked on a Trade Floor before and I learned so much in so little time.
Pros
Working with individuals from all parts of the world
Cons
Inexperienced Management Team
Some people work well together but some slackers
Audit Assistant for forensic audit (Current Employee) –  Exton, PAAugust 22, 2017
Nothing done to correct or redirect the slackers which is bad for morale. Total is a good company but it is better to be located in Houston rather than an affiliate. Corporate treats their headquarters much better than affiliates.
Pros
work schedule flexible. lots of lunches
Cons
No advancement or future here. Stagnant.
Good work ethics.
Drilling Company man (Former Employee) –  Provincia del NeuquénAugust 16, 2017
Amazing place to work, It was my first time working with french management, I love it. And ecourage other people to work for Total,
Strict work environment, well mature.
it a fun place to work
Total Wine & More (Current Employee) –  Port, OKAugust 15, 2017
Work was stressful because we are not there to play but to work and i learnt on how to manage the company .working culture was good working without resting when your are been paid.
Pros
freefood
Cons
healthcare
Good place to work, good people to work with.
Central Control Operator (Former Employee) –  Central ControlAugust 13, 2017
I enjoyed working there for the whole time I was there. Great work environment, always something to learn if you wanted to learn. Great pay, good people to work with. Made for a good place to work. Good insurance and benefits too.
Pros
Abliltiy to go in and do your job, and no one complained, only gave you direction if it needed to be changed.
Cons
Had to work overtime more than I would have liked. Kind of alienated my family at times.
Don't settle for this plant.
Operator (Current Employee) –  Carville, LA 70721August 10, 2017
If you value a home life, stay away from Total. They are short on operators and do not want to fill the voids. Operators are forced to work their days off which gets old fast.

Management has a "Their way or the highway" attitude. They make an adult company turn into a high school based mentality with the cliques they form.

Their training program for new employees is horrible and they rush you to get certified even if you are not ready.
Pros
Competitive pay
Cons
Overtime, management, poor training
It is a place to work and learn
Reservoir Engineer Intern (Current Employee) –  ParisAugust 6, 2017
I am doing my internship here and I believe it is a great career opportunity in a friendly and multinational environment. And also it is a great place to learn and diversify your knowledge.
Pros
Sport center
Cons
They start working late and finish late in the day.
Good company to work for
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 31, 2017
this company is based in Europe. Does not celebrate US Holidays such as 4th of July. If you work in accounting you will be required to work this holiday because it falls on closing. I retired 7/15/2015
Pros
good health benefits
Cons
must work holidays if it falls on closing-this is not a US company
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 27, 2017
Everyone was very professional and eager to make the company successful. The work was exciting and the company culture is fantastic. I would welcome the opportunity to work there again if a position came up.
Fast Paced & Heavy Workload
Office Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 25, 2017
Total Gas & Power North America is a great employer when it comes to benefits. The turn over is a bit concerning and the moral is low at this time due to the constant change and instability of the management team, but Total S.A. can take you far in your career if you can get past the constant change in the Gas & Power affiliate.
excelente compañia, reconocida a nivel mundial, me encantaría trabajar en Houston con ellos
PROCUREMENT ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  Venezuela, PRJuly 19, 2017
Excelente compañía, reconocida a nivel mundial , con beneficios hacia sus trabajadores, es una empresa que reconoce el esfuerzo y lo retribuye, es una escuela a nivel mundial,muchos proyecto de varios tipos, como explotación del gas, petrolero ,aceite etc,tiene procedimientos estandares que se deben regir el personal y eso hace el trabajo mas facil para cualesquier filial que el personal sea rotado.
Es una empresa que ofrece estabilidad a sus trabajadores.
es recomendable 100%
Aprendí mucho sobre el ser organizada, trabajar en equipo, y a identificar el objetivo de la empresa y en función a ellos trabajar el equipo para que se cumplan los objetivos trazados
Pros
alto beneficios para su trabajadores, trabajo en equipo y mucha solidaridad hacia su trabajadores
Cons
ninguno es excelente
Productive Work
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Bayamón, PRJuly 16, 2017
Management of Inventory, Customer Service, Cash management. Excellent manager, the costumers are so nice and the place are so relaxed. It's a great job
Productive and Innovative place of work - Culture Variety
Management Controller (Current Employee) –  Guaynabo, PRJune 29, 2017
Variety of cultures in a competitive and challenging work environment. Non stop work, continous learning, Great people. Everyone is supportive of each other. Management team are highly motivated which brings much positive energy in the whole team.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Total. Our community is ready to answer.