Totally Promotional

Totally Promotional Employee Reviews

Tldr: Good starting place if you need job experience but not a great place to have a career at
My time at Totally Promotional was not overly positive or negative. The majority of supervisors and managers are very nice and do everything in their power to help others succeed. I also had nice coworkers who came from all walks of life and there were some fun moments joking around while getting work done. Ultimately though I left Totally Promotional because its not really a company that has a lot of career potential, it's mainly just the place that people come to if they need a job. The reason there is a lot of turnover here is because Totally Promotional for one does not pay the best wages which are commensurate for the area with the starting wage being $11.50 an hour. On top of this they also cut the majority of the employees hours during the winter time because business is so slow. On top of this while the CEO and Human Resources are fair and understanding people, there is still a lot of workplace bureaucracy that goes on in the higher levels and from what I saw most of the supervisors and managers did not get into leadership roles because of their hard work but because they were buddy buddy with someone at the top. My recommendations for people looking to work here are only take it if your spouse is making a higher income but you just need a little extra money, your a high school graduate just entering the workforce, a college student, or you just need a job in general while trying to find something better.
Wasn’t bad job.
Not a bad job at all. Would go back if they allowed it. Excellent people to work with, always a good time. Love this place. Pay could be better but it’s a job and money so no compliants.
Decent place to work
Easy work environment, most of the head people were nice. Multiple departments, only had one 20 or 30 minute break. 30 minutes if working 10 hours and 20 minutes for 8 and 9 hours paid if you didn't leave or go to your vehicle. Very hot in summer, very cold during winter.
Pros
Simple work
Cons
One break
No advancement and poor management
I was excited to start working at my job...until I saw all the serious problems. The management is totally biased. They give you no way to get raises or advancement unless you are one of their favorites. Your work and effort isn’t noticed. Neither are the things you may go out of the way to do. But mess up a tiny thing and boy they are on you like white on rice! If you want a clique filled and drama ridden work environment with constant turnover then this is the company for you!
Great place to work.
I loved working for this company. Most of the people there were very friendly.
The hrs from spring to fall are very busy and you put in alot of hrs. But when winter time comes your very slow and instead of laying people off they have you choose which days you'd like to have off.

I'd still be there if it were not for my allergies. I miss them all.
Pros
Work hard, get promoted.
Cons
Very hot in the summer
Miserable Experience
Awful place to work. Trainers, Line Leads, and Managers more interested in talking and gossiping with each other and their friends, than helping employees. No breaks are given and lunches are shorter than they should be. Trying to make rate is infuriating due to factors completely out of one's control, and they constantly hold it over your head if you fail to make rate.
Not a good culture
When I entered their work force, 5 out of the 8 marketing department members left the company. This was a red flag from the start. The miscommunication of the management was overwhelming. The entire company runs on 2 foreign programmers and everyone else just tries to keep up. Do not waste your time working for this company.
Easy and fast pace work flow.
Easy job to learn. Pace was fast. Never a dull moment. Friendly staff. Staff was involved with their employees. Staff took into consideration family belief and honored their wishes.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Totally Promotional?
In my experience this is a decent company to work for. You are trained to do your job; given time to become proficient in your position and will be compensated if you do your part and have a good attitude. There is a busy season and a slow season. In my experience during slow season it was difficult to get a full 40 hours. Good thing slow season is only during the winter.
Pros
Plenty of OT during busy season.
Cons
Hard to get 40 hours during slow season.
Nice place to work for
Office was a super laid back place where everyone got along. Given individual assignments, but collaborated with a team to complete them. Fun place to work for.
GREAT place to work.
Totally Promotional is a fabulous place to work, with plenty of room for advancement in your career.
They provide a great work environment, and the tools needed to grow in your job.

I’ve worked in both the production facility and the office. Management is always looking for ways to improve the company.
Pros
Positive work environment, management willing to work with you
Just a number
Very little room for advancement in the factory. They have a select few who are the favorites and those are the ones who get promoted from within, even if you work harder than them. Just look for the people who walk around carrying clipboards and you’ll know who I’m talking about. Don’t feel appreciated for any of the work I accomplish.
Pros
Flexible hours when not busy season
Cons
Favoritism, Low Pay, Health Insurance crazy expensive
Official response from Totally Promotional
January 22, 2018
Thank you for your feedback! We always strive to find stellar talent and provide several career paths for our manufacturing associates. In 2017, we were able to internally promote 19 current employees to management and other positions to further their career. We feel very fortunate to have so many exemplary employees in our workforce, and we know that even more Totally Promotional employees will advance in their careers in 2018.

We understand the burden of health insurance costs. This is why the company pays 50% of all health, vision, dental and life insurance premiums. We also sponsor a $500 deductible plan, which requires a larger employee contribution. We are very thankful that we can offer such a low deductible plan to all of our employees, especially when the average deductible is $5,000!

Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to highlight our career path opportunities and our health coverage options!
No room for growth and management needs improvement
This could be a great place to work, however, management doesn't do anything about issues they just brush them under the rug and tell everyone to rise above it, even when it is an issue that is constantly brought up. This leads to angry employees which leads to high turnover. They will tell everyone in the interview how great of a place it is and there is room for advancement. You can be the best employee there, show up to work on time, never call in sick and go above and beyond the necessary tasks and the possibility of advancement is very small, even with a degree and previous experience. There are many people that have given that company years and years of dedication and they aren't acknowledged for it unless they work for a certain department.
Pros
Will work around schedules (family, school, etc.), HR tries to help with all issues in a quick Manor.
Cons
Health care is expensive and doesn't cover well, management lacks skills on handling issues with employees, pay could be better.
Official response from Totally Promotional
January 25, 2018
Thank you for your feedback!

We always strive to find stellar talent and provide several career paths for our manufacturing associates. Our management team strives to address all issues that are presented and bring them to a resolution.

Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to highlight our management team's commitment to our employees and our health coverage options!
fun vibrant place to work
lots of things to do and never bored
relaxed environment

lunch cafeteria

lounge area

great co-workers

management works with your schedule

flexible hours
do not work here
Poor management. Unable to advance regardless of experience and education. Not understanding under any circumstances. It is a very hostile environment and you are always under pressure.
Production line is a sweatshop
The production line is a sweatshop, no a/c, minimal use of fans, dryer right by printers. Conflicting information from multiple sources. Numerous equipment downtime situations. Job is not mentally stimulating.
Pros
money, direct manager was friendly
Cons
extremely hot, no air movement or a/c, claustrophobic, repetitive motion injuries, 10 hr days & mandatory Saturdays
stressful
its an okay place to work for a temporary amount of time. I would like to find somewhere that I can use my degree in accounting. I do not want to be here my whole life.
Great Opportunity for Advancement
I've been with Totally Promotional for 3 years and have seen a tremendous amount of growth. There are plenty of opportunities to advance your career, regardless of how long you have been with the company.

The atmosphere is very laid back, but still fast paced enough that the day goes by quickly.

The benefits are great, especially being given two weeks of unpaid time off to use in your first year.

Management is really flexible with time off scheduling, which is a big plus!
Pros
Flexible Time Off Scheduling, Career Advancement, Nice Benefits
GREAT work place!
LOVE the new office building, it is an open environment so everyone can effectively communicate & collaborate together! Each employee gets to sit at an ergo desk, these are amazing as you can sit or stand whenever you'd like!

I also love that they offer competitive pay, health & life insurance options, 401K retirement, vacation days & paid holidays!

The company has grown tremendously in the last 10 years as the owner is a go getter and I know it will only continue to thrive and grow!

Great company to work for & highly recommend!
Pros
Open, modern environment, periodic company hosted lunches, new & very nice break room & restroom facilities
Lacking in communication
This company lacks in communication from management to production. There are too many people giving different directives and this leaves production guessing on who they should listen to. Management needs to have a clear chain of command.
You can work as many hours as possible during busy time which is Febuary to November. Ran a machine that is designed to cut several types of can coolers.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Totally Promotional. Our community is ready to answer.
2.8
2.8
Ratings from women
InHerSight Score
3.8Personal Development
4.5Career Opportunities
3.6Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Totally Promotional Reviews by Location