TotalMed logo
TotalMed
Happiness rating is 66 out of 100Average

TotalMed Employee Reviews

Good staffing agency! Just pray you get a responsive recruiter...

I was recruited for a contract role at a healthcare company (which I loved working for!) with the potential for the contract to be extended. The contract ended earlier than expected, which was of no fault to TotalMed. I was pleasantly surprised when they offered healthcare benefits even though the position I was placed in was only for a few months. The only downside was that my recruiter was not very responsive after I was placed in the job role. I had to reach out multiple times to get a response or never got a response to questions. Other than that, I can't say anything bad about the company. I'd definitely work with them again!

Pros

Benefits and pay

Cons

Responsiveness of Recruiter

Fun atmosphere but wouldn't recommend as a career

If you're a recruiter and/or like to party, this is a job for you. Anyone else is under valued and your opinions or needs don't matter until its too late and half the department already quit. Unrealistic expectations. They are growing externally but falling apart internally. If you're looking for something fun and temporary have at it but if you're looking for a meanful career i would not recommend.

Pros

Laid back. Fun coworkers.

Cons

Under valued. Unrealistic expectations. Money hungry.

Worst agency ever

Communication is non-existent. Never able to reach anybody by phone, whether it's the recruiter, management, or payroll. Can't even get in touch with a secretary. Nobody ever knows anything. Wouldn't recommend.

February 22, 2021
We are disappointed to hear your experience with TotalMed was unsatisfactory. We strive to provide the best experience possible and want to address your feedback right away. Please feel free to contact us at experience@totalmed.com to speak with us so we can learn from what happed and make things right.

Recommend

I know they are very responsive and treated me with respect, fairness and kindness. When my recruiter was away I got answers I was seeking quickly. This is a contract to hire so I will not be their permanent employee in 6 months. But they matched me rather well with my job expectations and fit for permanent hire

Pros

Easy onboarding

Cons

Great company to work for!

If you work hard and have a good attitude you’ll get treated well in return. I’ve been at TotalMed 7 years and they’re continuously making changes to always advance and get better!

Pros

Fun atmosphere, and people that truly care!

Cons

At times work life balance but not always

October 23, 2020
Thank you for speaking so highly of our TotalMed team. We will share this with the team, we appreciate your feedback!

Share your experience

Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.

Worse temp agency to go through

They lacked communication and never kept in contact after finding you a job. Could never get a hold of the agency when needed. The only good thing was finding you a job that's about it.

Pros

Good hours and pay

Cons

Poor communication, unreliable, doesn't care about you

October 23, 2020
We are disappointed to hear your experience with TotalMed was unsatisfactory. We strive to provide our clinicians and clients the best experience possible and will address your feedback right away. Please feel free to contact us at experience@totalmed.com with any additional concerns.

Great company

great communication between contractors and managers. If questions come up, they are quickly answered. They also make sure there is nothing going on behind the scenes that we don't know about.

Pros

Awesome communication

Cons

contract work

October 23, 2020
Thank you for the 5 star review! We appreciate your partnership with us and look forward to continuing it.

A Great Place to Work for Green and Experienced Recruiters

It has been a privilege working with Totalmed for the past year. I am truly blessed to have been given this opportunity, mentored by the people who make this organization great. I would like to personally extend my deepest gratitude to leadership and my tight knit team for pushing me to become a rockstar Recruiter and believing in me when, for a time, I didn’t believe in myself. I cannot say enough good things about this company. Young and progressive, they believe in test driving unorthodox yet effective strategies for talent acquisition. They utilize the best software available to ensure their recruiters, clients, and talent are able to attain and complete assignments seamlessly. They will accommodate, with deliberation, to flex to individual needs to provide an optimal working environment. Best of all, they build up and empower their staff to grow as recruiters and find their hidden strengths. As a headstrong and sometimes (always) stubborn 30 something with recruiting experience, I had initial apprehension. It is true that a majority of this company are young, tech savvy, recent grads. I am none of those three things, relatively speaking. However, senior leadership kindly but firmly pulled those apprehensions out of me then listened and addressed my concerns. After I began to settle into my role, the seemingly endless energy and fast paced entrepreneurial spirit of my team began to influence and empower my performance as well. I truly feel this type of candid, continuous improvement, grassroots yet corporate initiative is what sets TotalMed apart from their competition. -

Pros

Continuous training, empowerment, radical candor

Cons

Glass Ceiling, no subject matter training, burnout

October 23, 2020
Thank you for the stellar and detailed review. We appreciate the feedback and want to ensure your success with the team never goes unnoticed. We'll take your feedback, pros and cons, and will continue to raise the bar. Thank you for being an integral part of our team.

Terrible

I was let go unfairly at an assignment and when I reached out to my rep, he made zero attempts to advocate or provide support on my behalf. At the end of the day they were worried about their contract and nothing else.

October 23, 2020
We are sorry to hear you did not have a good experience with our recruiter. Your feedback will be addressed immediately. Please feel free to contact us at experience@totalmed.com with any additional concerns.

Great company

I enjoyed working with this company. They are extremely efficient. My recruiter always tried to look out for my best interest and they have a decent starting salary.

Jobs at TotalMed

See more jobs

Not the best recruiting company

Smaller company so you see the owners more often than other companies. However its a boys club where people play favorites You really don't get much training and no support in the role.

Don’t apply

Shady things at this company no details I will inform you of. One for sure On Fridays high 12 you can start to drink🤦‍♀️🤷‍♀️ What company slowed allows you to drink and get drunk then drive home. Bad law suit waiting to happen there.

A supposed "Young Culture" and innovative company but still a Typical Company

Typical Day: Morning meetings, making cold calls, sending emails, putting out fires with your book of business, 1:1 meetings with your supervisor, Weekly pod meetings to go over your scorecards and to give you a chance to bring up any issues from the previous week, end of the day meetings to discuss your accomplishments for the day. What I learned: nothing I didn't already know about recruiting. Management: Pretty close to the belt. Constant meetings with management. They are about their money so anything that threatens that you pretty much will be monitored like a child. Workplace Culture: Very young culture, a lot of child's play daily. The environment is that of a Fraternity/Sorority feel. The company is male-centric and some sprinkles of women. The culture is not really inclusive to those who do not have a "Bro" mentality. And there is alcohol allowed in the workplace. Some people may feel okay with it, however, it can be dangerous, to say the least. This company, unfortunately, I have to say is not very diverse friendly. Some music that is played during the day can be offensive to specific types of people. Specific individuals in the company get special privileges not because they earned them but because of who they are and who they are best friends with. The hardest part of the job: Dealing with constant meetings and management not seeming as if they trust you to do your job. If you fail at one thing, they are constantly babysitting you to make sure that you are not messing with their money. Communication is off sometimes depending on who your supervisor -

Pros

Great Benefits, Pay is Decent, No previous experience required to be a recruiter here, lots of training and tools to succeed at your job, extremely helpful employees

Cons

Constant meetings, HR is against you and not for you...their job is to protect the company and not you (beware), Specific managers will never get apprehended for doing a poor job managing their team, some of the managers are close to the Director so be very careful, everybody seems friendly when you start but eventually the sheep fur starts to shed, there is no sensitivity to other cultures within this company, a get down or lay down mentality

No equal opportunity or willingness to understand.

I only worked there for a short time. There were many positive interactions with coworkers, but there were many inerrant flaws within HR and these leadership of the company. I would not recommend this company for anyone who likes to ask questions and gain a better understanding of the company. There is a gross amount if incompetence when it comes to understanding or willingness to understand those of a different background as well as a lack of willingness to answer questions from new employees who are wanting to learn. There is no support.

Pros

Great coworkers/peers

Cons

Terrible direct management, Hr, training program, and a culture of alcoholism, Will fire you before having a conversation on what could change or be improved upon, No ability to work on improving its employees.

Not a good fit

My TotalMed recruiter was amazing, however, the company was less than stellar. They do not allow for banking hours, so if you miss a day, even when you've worked extra other weeks, they will take your stipend, even if you are scheduled short. HR is also very slow to respond to questions, so much so that I did not get to take advantage of their insurance this year because they did not respond to my questions before open enrollment closed. If you are looking to travel, this is not your best option.

Nothing to Say

I do not have anything to say about this company and I do not understand why I have to write a review when I have nothing to say. Organizations on the Oahu Island mostly offer temporary jobs.

Incredible support

I had never worked with a staffing company before, so I was so wary. But this company is top notch, and the support and encouragement are incredible. I do with I had a position closer to home...the commute is hard...but I could not ask for more from Total Med...they are just amazing, positive and supportive.

Horrible. Unless you are desperate look elsewhere

Site manager abusive - reported several times and the company did not intervene. No consideration for years of experience related to salary - reported that I was forced to work extra hours with no comp. When I reported that I was utilizing other skills that the JD stated to a HUGE extent and requested a renegotiation of salary did not occur as requested. The ONLY reason I stayed with the promise that if I did well after 3 months, I would be extended a perm. job. I was there for 14 months, promised a perm. job 5 times which never evolved.

Fair agency

Agency was very attentive to your needs, and understood your desire to be full-time. Worked with the company to ensure that this happened in a expedited manner. Extremely happy with my experience with this agency after working with them for the first time.

Horrible Work Environment

If you are an educated person, do no even bother wasting your time working here. This company is run by frat guys who are horrible to their employees and do not care about their clients. This culture goes all the way up to the Vice President of the company.

Productive fast-paced work environment

This position was a six-month contract through TotalMed Staffing to work for Meridian, remotely from home, in their Claims Processing Department. I was responsible for reviewing and processing medical claims to be paid or denied according to the benefits and eligibility guidelines.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TotalMed. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• TotalMed