TotalMed

TotalMed Employee Reviews

United States102 reviews
A Great Place to Work for Green and Experienced Recruiters
It has been a privilege working with Totalmed for the past year. I am truly blessed to have been given this opportunity, mentored by the people who make this organization great. I would like to personally extend my deepest gratitude to leadership and my tight knit team for pushing me to become a rockstar Recruiter and believing in me when, for a time, I didn’t believe in myself. I cannot say enough good things about this company. Young and progressive, they believe in test driving unorthodox yet effective strategies for talent acquisition. They utilize the best software available to ensure their recruiters, clients, and talent are able to attain and complete assignments seamlessly. They will accommodate, with deliberation, to flex to individual needs to provide an optimal working environment. Best of all, they build up and empower their staff to grow as recruiters and find their hidden strengths. As a headstrong and sometimes (always) stubborn 30 something with recruiting experience, I had initial apprehension. It is true that a majority of this company are young, tech savvy, recent grads. I am none of those three things, relatively speaking. However, senior leadership kindly but firmly pulled those apprehensions out of me then listened and addressed my concerns. After I began to settle into my role, the seemingly endless energy and fast paced entrepreneurial spirit of my team began to influence and empower my performance as well. I truly feel this type of candid, continuous improvement, grassroots yet corporate initiative is what sets TotalMed apart from their competition. - more...
Pros
Continuous training, empowerment, radical candor
Cons
Glass Ceiling, no subject matter training, burnout
Terrible
I was let go unfairly at an assignment and when I reached out to my rep, he made zero attempts to advocate or provide support on my behalf. At the end of the day they were worried about their contract and nothing else.
Great company
I enjoyed working with this company. They are extremely efficient. My recruiter always tried to look out for my best interest and they have a decent starting salary.
Not the best recruiting company
Smaller company so you see the owners more often than other companies. However its a boys club where people play favorites You really don't get much training and no support in the role.
Don’t apply
Shady things at this company no details I will inform you of. One for sure
On Fridays high 12 you can start to drink🤦‍♀️🤷‍♀️ What company slowed allows you to drink and get drunk then drive home. Bad law suit waiting to happen there.
Care to share?
Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.
A supposed "Young Culture" and innovative company but still a Typical Company
Typical Day: Morning meetings, making cold calls, sending emails, putting out fires with your book of business, 1:1 meetings with your supervisor, Weekly pod meetings to go over your scorecards and to give you a chance to bring up any issues from the previous week, end of the day meetings to discuss your accomplishments for the day.

What I learned: nothing I didn't already know about recruiting.

Management: Pretty close to the belt. Constant meetings with management. They are about their money so anything that threatens that you pretty much will be monitored like a child.

Workplace Culture: Very young culture, a lot of child's play daily. The environment is that of a Fraternity/Sorority feel. The company is male-centric and some sprinkles of women. The culture is not really inclusive to those who do not have a "Bro" mentality. And there is alcohol allowed in the workplace. Some people may feel okay with it, however, it can be dangerous, to say the least. This company, unfortunately, I have to say is not very diverse friendly. Some music that is played during the day can be offensive to specific types of people. Specific individuals in the company get special privileges not because they earned them but because of who they are and who they are best friends with.

The hardest part of the job: Dealing with constant meetings and management not seeming as if they trust you to do your job. If you fail at one thing, they are constantly babysitting you to make sure that you are not messing with their money. Communication is off sometimes depending on who your supervisor
 - more...
Pros
Great Benefits, Pay is Decent, No previous experience required to be a recruiter here, lots of training and tools to succeed at your job, extremely helpful employees
Cons
Constant meetings, HR is against you and not for you...their job is to protect the company and not you (beware), Specific managers will never get apprehended for doing a poor job managing their team, some of the managers are close to the Director so be very careful, everybody seems friendly when you start but eventually the sheep fur starts to shed, there is no sensitivity to other cultures within this company, a get down or lay down mentality
No equal opportunity or willingness to understand.
I only worked there for a short time. There were many positive interactions with coworkers, but there were many inerrant flaws within HR and these leadership of the company. I would not recommend this company for anyone who likes to ask questions and gain a better understanding of the company. There is a gross amount if incompetence when it comes to understanding or willingness to understand those of a different background as well as a lack of willingness to answer questions from new employees who are wanting to learn. There is no support.
Pros
Great coworkers/peers
Cons
Terrible direct management, Hr, training program, and a culture of alcoholism, Will fire you before having a conversation on what could change or be improved upon, No ability to work on improving its employees.
Not a good fit
My TotalMed recruiter was amazing, however, the company was less than stellar. They do not allow for banking hours, so if you miss a day, even when you've worked extra other weeks, they will take your stipend, even if you are scheduled short. HR is also very slow to respond to questions, so much so that I did not get to take advantage of their insurance this year because they did not respond to my questions before open enrollment closed. If you are looking to travel, this is not your best option.
Nothing to Say
I do not have anything to say about this company and I do not understand why I have to write a review when I have nothing to say. Organizations on the Oahu Island mostly offer temporary jobs.
Incredible support
I had never worked with a staffing company before, so I was so wary. But this company is top notch, and the support and encouragement are incredible. I do with I had a position closer to home...the commute is hard...but I could not ask for more from Total Med...they are just amazing, positive and supportive.
Horrible. Unless you are desperate look elsewhere
Site manager abusive - reported several times and the company did not intervene.
No consideration for years of experience related to salary - reported that I was forced to work extra hours with no comp.

When I reported that I was utilizing other skills that the JD stated to a HUGE extent and requested a renegotiation of salary did not occur as requested.

The ONLY reason I stayed with the promise that if I did well after 3 months, I would be extended a perm. job. I was there for 14 months, promised a perm. job 5 times which never evolved.
Fair agency
Agency was very attentive to your needs, and understood your desire to be full-time. Worked with the company to ensure that this happened in a expedited manner. Extremely happy with my experience with this agency after working with them for the first time.
Horrible Work Environment
If you are an educated person, do no even bother wasting your time working here. This company is run by frat guys who are horrible to their employees and do not care about their clients. This culture goes all the way up to the Vice President of the company.
Productive fast-paced work environment
This position was a six-month contract through TotalMed Staffing to work for Meridian, remotely from home, in their Claims Processing Department. I was responsible for reviewing and processing medical claims to be paid or denied according to the benefits and eligibility guidelines.
Frustration and Disorganization - Some Productivity Achieved
Frustrating and disorganized from the top down which made productivity a challenge. All key players were located in other states which made communication a challenge. At the start of the position, nothing had been set up for me to start (network permissions, software needed, etc) so had to self start whatever I could under the circumstances. This was very frustrating since I am a "hit the ground running" person. Also issues trying to get the representative of this agency to be my liaison regarding the challenges I experienced with this position in relation to working with the client, ie Aetna..
Sets Unclear Objectives/Expectations
There is more than one example of this, but as myself and others were hired on as temporary employees yo assist with load-balancing, we were told that it was a definite temp-to-hire position as long as performance metrics were met after 30 days. I've been 9 months in with fairly stellar peerformance, but not permanent.
Finance account coordinator
The only setback was the availability of assignments in my area. The recruiter was friendly and tried to do the best possible job however if you are searching for a position ask if they have more than one assignment in your areas.
Great Experience
Working with this company was a pleasant, positive experience. The staff were professional and friendly. My needs were met and questions clearly answered.
This is a travel Nurse Company
If I wanted to pursue travel this is the company I would work with. They are approachable, easy to work with, and get you the assignment that fits.Recruiters are awesome and take time to check on you.
Pros
job placement was appropriate and well compensated
Cons
travel nursing
Probably the worst place I have ever been employed
Stay as far away as you can! This place is a lawsuit waiting to happen. Management is awful. They claim they take pride in the “culture” but it’s all a lie.
Contract worker - enjoyed the time there.
Nothing bad to say. Associates , work facility and management all were great. I wish my time could have been longer. Would recommend this place to others.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at TotalMed. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9