TotalMed Staffing Employee Reviews

Total Medical Staffing
Certified Surgical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Red Wing, MNJuly 16, 2018
TMS is a great company to work for. I enjoyed working for them and would recommend them to anybody I know who wants to work travel contracts.......................................................................
Pros
Good pay, tons of places to work in the US.
Cons
Family medical bennifits
Excellent travel company
RN, ED (Current Employee) –  NCMay 30, 2018
As a travel RN with TotalMed, I have had continuous contracts for the entire time, with scheduling flexibility. My recruiter is easily accessible and the entire staff are friendly and helpful
Would not Recommend
Compliance Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIMay 3, 2018
The recruiters and sales support should know more than how to get people to sign a contract and be more involved in the entire process (not entirely their fault) The " have fun at work " environment gets old real quick.
Pros
No weekends
Cons
Stressful environment, Constructive criticism is not even a thing here, being berated and belittled in front of your entire team is ridiculous and unprofessional, Lots of catty backstabbing going on this office up to and including managers.
Learn and Plan your Next Move
HR Compliance Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILApril 7, 2018
The atmosphere is fast-paced. Training is subpar. If you're smart, you will figure most things out on your own. There are limited advancement and compensation. Learn as much as you can to grow professionally.
The "TotalMed Experience"
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIFebruary 28, 2018
TotalMed prides itself on the experiences their travel nurses have with them. They have smaller nurse to recruiter ratios, so they can be attentive to their nurses. My first recruiter was Absolutely Wonderful. They are open and honest; and transparent about everything except bill rates. No company really divulges those though, so they are as transparent as possible. They will advocate for their nurses too.
great company, great recruiter
OB Surgical Tech Traveler L&D (Former Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAJanuary 8, 2018
hes been a great support and recruiter the company policy for insurance benefits is a bit annoying. they have paid well

overall have worked couple of assignments great company so far
Cons
dont like that insurance benifits dont rollover from year to year
Decent spot for new grads
Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILDecember 16, 2017
I believe this company would thrive if we raised salaries and commission structures. Many new grads or employees with no staffing experience join TotalMed. I believe if we took the necessary steps to compensate employees correctly, we wouldn't have such high turnover and we would be able to recruiter more seasoned sales reps and recruiters to work for our company.
Pros
Fun company culture. Young atmosphere
Cons
Low wages for the industry and location we live in. A lot of stress and pressure is put on employees, but that's staffing in general.
Good opportunity
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Appleton, WINovember 24, 2017
Friendly staff and helpful in resolving problems. Communication is excellent. This particular staffing agency gave me an excellent opportunity to enter the insurance industry and I am grateful for my time within this company.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Off site location
Very competitive travel healthcare agency that protects it's travelers
PT, DPT (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, WIOctober 21, 2017
A very competitive travel healthcare agency that protects it's travelers. They do very well with getting great contracts for their travelers and their recruiters take great care of their travelers. The agency makes the extra effort to get to know me as a traveler and as a friend.
Internship
Human Resource Intern (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIOctober 4, 2017
My position at TotalMed was an internship. They were wonderful in aiding me to get my feet wet in multiple different areas from recruiting, on-boarding, data entry, health and wellness program, new hire orientation, as well as accounting experience-in fact I was offered a position within the accounting team at TotalMed.
Pros
Great Management
Cons
Internship
Fun and energetic place to work!
Health Information Management Sales Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 1, 2017
Great place to work!

The leadership team is absolutely incredible and will do everything in their power to give you the tools you need to succeed in this position.
Pros
Leadership support
Cons
Staffing, but the culture of the company makes up for it!
Fun Environment-High Stress
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIJune 5, 2017
It was a fun place to work. The job required alot of your personal time. Pretty much on call 24/7. Numbers driven and high stress. Dealing with people that have all the control can be difficult.
Time Waster
Claims Specialist (Current Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILApril 22, 2017
Unorganized, recruiters are not on the same accord, all have different polices and procedures for employees doing same job function..No PTO, but contract states PTO is to be given. Pay is way below other staffing agencies at the same job site.
Summary
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIMarch 7, 2017
A typical day at TotalMed was performing hundreds of calls a day and researching candidates to hire.
I have learned that nurses are not paid enough for what they do.
Management at Totalmed is terrible, with that being said there are a few that should not be in those positions.
The work culture was one of the best I have ever had.
Great staffers
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIJanuary 19, 2017
I'm not a fan of using staffing agencies, but this one was great to work with. They made me feel comfortable and helped coach me for interviews. I'm usually very nervous, so this was great for me.
Pros
Nice people
High Turnover and horrible management structure
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILJanuary 3, 2017
Had 12 candidates hired and only received commission on 5 candidates hired. Management lacks knowledge and experience in this setting and unprofessional.
Pros
Only coworkers
Cons
Management structure
It was alright
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WINovember 9, 2016
I worked as a travel CNA in WI, mainly going to nursing homes and CBRF's. Some of the places are dumps, disgusting and barely staffed for CNA's. Mainly the Atrium of Post Acute Care nursing homes and Brookdale, they were buying out places that were bad already. That only hit rock bottom when these bigger companies from out of state took over.

You make only $12 an hour and $13 on the weekends, which is not enough. They do not reimburse for mileage or gas, which is not smart cause than who wants to travel far?

Recruiters are okay, some will work with you others wont.

The only part I liked about it was knowing that some places I didn't have to come back if I didn't want to.
Pros
Traveling to different facilities.
Cons
Low pay, no mileage reimbursement, facilities are so under staffed.
Worst staffing company ever
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  AnonymousJune 13, 2016
If you are a Healthcare worker and are considering signing with them, look elsewhere. Everyone there seems to be very young, inexperienced and unprofessional. They call when you are sleeping (hello!) and then become very irritated when you do not immediately phone them back. When do they think 3rd shifters sleep?

They seem to have little knowledge of how hospitals function, why healthcare workers go into traveling and even worse...the answer to basic questions like payroll, benefits, etc.

The pay is the worse I have encountered in my years of traveling. You will make much more and work with professional people who know what's up if you go elsewhere. Cannot recommend.
Cons
Many
Ok Company
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIMarch 11, 2016
This company is very good in the industry however they like you to work 50 hours a week but pay you for 40. I would work 50 hours a week and didn't see a whole lot of success with the hard work and effort I initially put in.
Productive workplace with a ping pong table
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WINovember 20, 2015
Perform administrative tasks for c-level employees. The most enjoyable part of the job were my co-workers, and the flexibility the position allowed.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TotalMed Staffing. Our community is ready to answer.