TotalMed Staffing Employee Reviews

Summary
Recruiter Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaMarch 27, 2019
A good working atmosphere with good people. Enjoyable work. You can tell the company really stands by their nurses and cares about them. I was proud to have worked for this company.
Productive and fun.
Data entry (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 8, 2019
Great Staffing agency to work for. My job was just temporary Assignments. They treat me with respect and they help me to find a job much faster than any other temp agency out there in the market. Thank you.
Pros
1 hour lunch
Cons
Temporary Assignments.
Total Med
Contractual-Travel Nurse (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIJanuary 15, 2019
Great company to work for. They contacted me and got my first assignment quickly. Easy to talk with recruiter I had. Able to talk to her anytime. Travel assignment with contract-permanent hire. Hired within a year at contractual facility long term
Pros
Supportive
Cons
Hard time reaching staff via voice mail or direct contact for new business. No call backs
Na
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIJanuary 3, 2019
The family feel of your fellow coworkers that help and support each on the day in and out roller coaster of the intense staffing world. That is immeasurable.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WISeptember 30, 2018
Fast pace environment. Inconsistent to no standard policies for internal employees. Constant change on a weekly basis. Promises of help in the way of technology and human capital but nothing was brought to fruition. A lot so internal "secrets" and absolutely no transparency. Made to feel you were put through the wringer everyday.
Pros
Co-Workers
Cons
Management, Lies, Lack of professionalism
Fine
Senior Recruiter (Remote) (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WISeptember 26, 2018
comp plan was low. Commission plan allotted you the opportunity to make good money but many top performers often fluctuated and it appeared challenging to attain the numbers you would regularly need to make good money.

Work life balance was poor, especially given the base.
Pros
Decent Management
Cons
Not great money
Organized
Data Entry Operator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 9, 2018
I liked working there because the work was easy and not really stressful. I'm upset that I didn't get a chance to stay there and build my skills more. The most enjoyable part of the job was pretty much all of it because it was work that I could keep up with and understand.
Pros
Work-life balance
Cons
Co-worker
Profee Remote Medical Coder (Current Employee) –  Appleton, WIAugust 6, 2018
Coding Education is great.The Leadership Team is completely in touch with the business. This is by far the most employee friendly company that I have worked in. Professional, hard working, top notch employees.
Pros
Paid Weekly.
Cons
No pto
This was a contracted position and it was a great experience.
HEDIS Specialist (Former Employee) –  Iselin, NJAugust 3, 2018
They make the remote process easy. If you have any questions you can expect a quick response from someone. If the person you ask does not have the answer they will find out for you.
Pros
Helpful staff
Cons
contract not extended, no work offered after assignment ended
everyone got along
Referral Specialist I (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJuly 20, 2018
TotalMed was a good company they are a staffing company and placed me with CA Health and Wellness, CA Health and Wellness works a lot of overtime and gave very short notice when your working it.
Pros
lots of OT
Cons
to much mandatory OT
Total Medical Staffing
Certified Surgical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Red Wing, MNJuly 16, 2018
TMS is a great company to work for. I enjoyed working for them and would recommend them to anybody I know who wants to work travel contracts.......................................................................
Pros
Good pay, tons of places to work in the US.
Cons
Family medical bennifits
Hostile work environment
TRAVEL NURSE RECRUITER (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIJuly 10, 2018
Push employees to work against one another rather than as a team. A lot of hostility and negativity in the pit. Management is very belittling and degrading to employees.
No room for growth
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILJune 10, 2018
Fun people, but unless you are a male in the company you will not move up. It is an extremely grinding position to be in and there are not a lot value put on work life balance.
Cons
No room for growth
Excellent travel company
RN, ED (Current Employee) –  NCMay 30, 2018
As a travel RN with TotalMed, I have had continuous contracts for the entire time, with scheduling flexibility. My recruiter is easily accessible and the entire staff are friendly and helpful
Fun Culture that is very results orientated
Sr. Recruiter & Team Lead-Travel Division (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIMay 23, 2018
I left to find a better work life balance. Fun culture that will reward you for your results. Tries to implement to many things that they hear about from other companies.
Negative work enviroment
Healthcare recruiter (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIMay 15, 2018
They want to work hard and party harder. There is no time for employees with families here. If an employee doesn't part with them after work they never fit in.
Would not Recommend
Compliance Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIMay 3, 2018
The recruiters and sales support should know more than how to get people to sign a contract and be more involved in the entire process (not entirely their fault) The " have fun at work " environment gets old real quick.
Pros
No weekends
Cons
Stressful environment, Constructive criticism is not even a thing here, being berated and belittled in front of your entire team is ridiculous and unprofessional, Lots of catty backstabbing going on this office up to and including managers.
Great Staffing Agency
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIApril 10, 2018
If you are willing to work hard and do not mind intense work environments, great place. The company is always willing to send you to an assignment of your choosing in which they will advocate for you and your needs.
Learn and Plan your Next Move
HR Compliance Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILApril 7, 2018
The atmosphere is fast-paced. Training is subpar. If you're smart, you will figure most things out on your own. There are limited advancement and compensation. Learn as much as you can to grow professionally.
Recruiters are helpful, but lack sense of urgency
Travel Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Appleton, WIMarch 9, 2018
Each recruiter I've had with Totalmed began our working relationship as very ambitious and hardworking. Each one made me feel like they really wanted to get me a contract in the location I wanted to go and with the pay I desired. After some time, each one began to slack off. The first one just completely abandoned me, I felt. After that, I requested a new recruiter. My current recruiter has not been very positive or ambitious in locating a job lately. The company is sending recruiters on these "training trips" that are essentially a paid vacation. Several of the recruiters went to Costa Rica for a "work trip", but were allowed to bring family and posted several pictures of leisure activities and alcohol. I'm not sure what kind of work would be necessary in Costa Rica for a travel nursing agency that works with hospitals and nurses in the United States only. Then, many took a "training" trip to California. My recruiter is just posting photos of touristy things all over California. The company puts way too much money into these "work trips" and does not pay nurses well enough. I accidentally found out my bill rate from the hospital I currently work at, and based on that number and what I actually make, Totalmed is taking about 32% of the cut, when I was promised they would only take 20%. So my hard work is sending recruiters on vacations while I can't even get my recruiter to submit me to jobs.
Also, health insurance premiums are incredibly expensive and Totalmed cuts your pay package down by about $80 a week if you take insurance, PLUS you have to pay the ridiculous premiums.
  more... A nurse + spouse comes out to about $850 per month for the cheaper health, vision, and dental plans. The retirement benefits are actually pretty good. Totalmed matches by 5%, but it is only of your hourly and not of the whole pay package, which I think is pretty standard in travel nursing. No PTO, as with most travel contracts. You do, however, accrue sick time in CA, but it is only your hourly rate and not the full pay package, so if you actually called in sick while working in CA you would get significantly less than you normally make and you still may be liable for the "missed shift pay adjustment", which would totally cancel out the sick pay. That sick time can only be accrued and used while on a contract in CA. You won't accrue it for any other state and you won't be able to use it if you accrued it in CA then called in sick while on contract in another state.  less
Pros
Travel nursing, 401k
Cons
low pay, expensive health insurance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TotalMed Staffing. Our community is ready to answer.