Touching Hearts at Home Employee Reviews

rewarding job
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJune 5, 2018
I loved the reward of working with the clients, I learned so much about compassion and selflessness. Getting home at the end of the day I felt accomplished.
Rewarding job!
Part-Time Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COMay 28, 2018
Touching Hearts was a wonderful place to work. The management team was great! I really liked helping others have a better quality of life. Very rewarding job.
productive and fun environments
Assist patients (Current Employee) –  New JerseyMay 8, 2018
Nice and friendly management. Coworkers are very helpful. I learned a lot from working at this place. Patients are super friendly and helpful. Very accommodating
Pros
loving managements
Cons
breaks
Stay away
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEApril 23, 2018
Horrible company in Omaha. They lie to you to your face, they promise overtime, come pay check and they pay you 11 $ as overtime when you work 10$an hour.
There is zero chance for advancement. Dead end job.
Pros
Met really cool seniors i got to bond with
Gratifying employment
Caregiver/Companion (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNApril 23, 2018
My employment at Touching Hearts was very unexpected.
The experience I gained at having compassion and patience with people was the most important lesson.
This type of job can be physically demanding, and it definitely is not for everyone.
Nice Workplace
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  New London, MNApril 17, 2018
It was nice to work for but you just went to clients houses for a few hours a day and there wasn't much to do. Clients really loved having you there but sometimes wanted to do things on their own still.
Pros
One on one with the clients
Cons
Just sit there
Horrible
In home Caregiver (Former Employee) –  WisconsinApril 8, 2018
No benefits even if full time. Management swears at you all the time. The pay sucks. You go from one week getting 35 hours to the next week getting 8.
Pros
Zero
Great job helping people
Home, Personal Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Kit Carson, COMarch 31, 2018
Touching Hearts is a great company providing a wonderful service to the vulnerable in the community. Touching Hearts helps the elderly and people with disabilities remain in their own homes. Touching Hearts management is great with working with its employees to meet the needs of the clients as well a meeting the needs of the employee. Touching Hearts mostly offers part time employment and is a satisfying way to substantiate current income.
Awesome work atmosphere
CAREGIVER (Former Employee) –  Duluth, MNMarch 18, 2018
The office staff was great always working around your schedule. They always made sure to inform you about clients and what to do and what not to do. If any questions or concerns you could always call or stop by the office without hesitation. they always had some kind of treats or candy in the office too which was great.
Pros
Office always checked in with you too see how things were going
Cons
No Benefits
Stressful and not worth the terrible money given.
Caregiver/Companion (Former Employee) –  Drexel Hill, PAJanuary 7, 2018
Nothing to say. This was a hard few years of my life trying to juggle THAH and life. Management was not the greatest. We work all over the place, far and wide for crummy money.. I had to drive more than an hour to a client almost daily!
Cons
Very low pay
The hardest part of the job
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Brookfield, WIDecember 9, 2017
Is caring for someone and emotionally getting attached to that person and them passing away. Best part is knowing that the client is not alone because you are there for them. Management is always helpful, understanding, and caring. I have learned many things but most importantly is that the simple things in life matter the most.
Caring management, great clients
care giver (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYDecember 1, 2017
Very flexible with your personal schedule, work/life balance is of your own design. However, the pay scale is discouraging. If you are looking for full time, this would not likely be the standard business hours of 9-5. If you enjoy helping others and seniors, this is the perfect job.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
low pay scale
wonderful people
Caregiver/Weekend on Call Administrator (Current Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXNovember 26, 2017
The people are absolutely wonderful to work under, they are caring and understanding. The hardest part of the job is sometimes the lack of clients, but that isn't their fault. I enjoy working with the clients and hearing their stories.
Pros
great people
Cons
lack of hours sometimes (but i have other conflicts)
Interesting and enjoyable to work with this company
Caregiver / Companion (Former Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 19, 2017
The management staff is considerate of both employee and clients. They do well matching the two for a successful result.
They are great about days off.
They offer incentives to take on extra shifts and consistently try to be sure the caregiver has the hours they desire.

GREAT COMPANY!!
I hate leaving them.
Pros
401k available
Cons
I cannot think of any
stressful environment
Partner/supervisor (Former Employee) –  Marion SCOctober 18, 2017
Was not what I thought it would be, and was not paid what I thought it was worth. I was lead to believe that this was a partnership, however was pain when she felt like paying me.
Great Place To Work
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Brookfield, WISeptember 29, 2017
This company is absolutely amazing. If you want to be valued as an employee I highly recommend working here. The only down fall is the hours aren't really there. If you have a set schedule that you can work it is find for them to find you clients.
Chaotic
Home Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Duluth, MNSeptember 15, 2017
The clients were great, but management didn't always take my life schedule into consideration and would sometimes try to schedule me for times I wasn't available.
Pros
Chatting with and learning from clients
Cons
Not always a lot of time to commute between clients
Care for their employees
Home Health Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Centerville, OHJuly 25, 2017
I enjoyed what I did and how management would pair me with a client that fit my strengths i.e. Alzheimer's patients. The Co-Owner of the company goes up and beyond for not only her employees but for her clients as well. They are constantly taking in new clients as well as caregivers - their door is always open. When there is a scheduling conflict, the manager works with everyone to find out how to resolve it immediately. Although there are no benefits, or at least there weren't when I worked there, I will always have this company in my back pocket just in case I ever want to get back into Home Health Care or if they just need an extra hand on deck to help. Easily one of the most compassionate companies I have ever had the pleasure working for.
Pros
Compassion, schedule flexibility, management takes care of employees
Cons
Schedule instability due to client condition and schedule.
Fun, lots of variety
Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Duluth, MNJune 20, 2017
Well each day the workplace was different depending on which client you were working with. The hardest part about the job was dealing with the more senile clients that were getting closer to going into nursing homes / assisted living. They were generally upset because they were losing their memory, motor skills, whatever it might have been.
Pros
Job flexibility
Cons
early mornings
#1 Best job I ever had
Caregiver/ Care Attendant (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 10, 2017
I work with this company for almost two years and its the best job i ever had. The management is super friendly and very understanding and the work can be challenging at times but most of the time flows smoothly.
Pros
Amazing Management, great Pay, lovely clients, slow paced, not stressfull
Cons
no benefits, no healthcare

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Touching Hearts at Home. Our community is ready to answer.