TouchPoint Support Services Employee Reviews

TouchPoint doesn't care about their employees
Associate (Current Employee) –  Appleton, WIDecember 11, 2018
A typical day at work is others watching every move you make so they can tell the managers how you're doing.
I learned that these people thrive off of putting their employees down.
Management is just doing what they're told to do and that is to tell you everything you're doing is wrong.
Workplace culture is "cut-throat", fellow employees look for opportunities to pull the rug out from under you.
The hardest part of this job is trying to keep enjoyment and passion you had at first.
The most enjoyable part of the job is their coffee is great and it's free!
Pros
You get a check
Cons
If you like being put down, this is the company to work for.
Good and Bad
Catering Associate (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLOctober 30, 2018
Basically this job you start in the kitchen building trays in a semi assembly line set up, you take these trays in a big moving food cart to different parts of the hospital (depending what area you work for the day), and pass this food out to patients who are staying at the hospital. This is an all day job and you must take orders for each meal and according to the paitent's diet. In between meal periods is when you discuss meal choices and also do stock for the paitent pantry on that floor. This place is good if you are VERY adaptable and keep to yourself. A lot of workers like to cause drama that management ignores, resulting in a lot of favoritism and bullying of workers who aren't in the select "clique". This also applies to that not a lot of workers will help you out even if you're struggling unless they feel like helping/look good for management. The long 12 hour shifts makes it hard for you to care for a family or have off days for your own personal life. Moving up is hard unless a position higher up opens, which you must push hard to qualify for. This is a good job for someone that needs something temporary, but isn't good long term unless people like you.
Pros
Discount on cafeteria food, set schedule rotation for full time employees, wellness hours
Cons
Long Hours, Hard To Schedule Breaks, Work Enviroment, Management Ignores Harassment Issues
A company driven on training it's associates
SITE HR TRAINING MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNSeptember 3, 2018
TouchPoint Support Services, a sector of Compass Group, is a company driven on training and education for it's associates to grow or find their career. As with most other companies, this company does have "great" ideas from corporate that are not well executed. And of course corporate's expectations are slightly skewed from reality. However, the company as a whole is a great company to work for. They continually provide stretch assignments for those wanting to progress. One pro that I value the most is work-life balance and I can definitely say this company provides that.
Pros
Work-life balance, PTO for salaried associates, Training, Career Growth
Cons
Compensation, Corporate
Nice clean workplace
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALAugust 31, 2018
Be at work on time and do your best. I work with the most intelligent understanding supervisor. They are very fair. I enjoy working with my co worker. My work days are never the same some days are more challenging but I still get through them.
Pros
Dollar Bucks to show appreciation
Cons
Short breaks
Productive, but no job advancement
NFS Food Associate (Current Employee) –  Centerville, TNAugust 15, 2018
Was working 8.5 hour shifts, but was recently forced into working 13 hour shifts. No career growth. Work weekends even when promised rotating weekends. Hours have been cut and no new hires coming in. Very fast-paced. Will take pay from your check if you get a break or not. Lack of communication from manager. Pay raise every year, but not much.
Cons
no free lunches, lack of communication, low pay
Fast passed, self motivated inviroment
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Novi, MIAugust 10, 2018
Light cleaning of facilities and patient rooms. Collect and Store cleaning carts for staff. Able to stay on task while preforming the jobs in a timely manner. Interacting with patients, family members and medical staff.
Good... but needs help communicating
Barista, Dietary Supervisor, & Dietary Operator (Current Employee) –  Hoffman Estates, ILAugust 9, 2018
Communication is key manager always tried to help you as much as she can. Great team and hope everyone gives Touchpoint a chance. Company likes to promote within as well
Garbage
Food Service Worker/Utility (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INJuly 14, 2018
Worked in kitchen at St. Vincent's. Managers don't hesitate to lie and pretend they're going to help out. My manager refuses to give me more than a 2% raise despite the ridiculous amount of shifts I covered that year and the fact that I was the only one running the dish room. Upon trying to move up to a simple supervisor position, they ignore me for a solid 3 months, despite having already hired the new supervisor. They didn't tell me anything until well after the new supervisor was working. Now I'm up for it again and they offer me a .50 cent raise, bumping me up to the point that a new supervisor would earn. What a joke. 2.5 years of blood, sweat, and tears, only to see it wiped away and told I must earn another raise next year. The highest possible raise is 3%, but they tell me I can earn 5% if I do okay. Difficult to believe. The one major bright side is that when working utility positions, I can essentially do whatever I want to at this point and no one's paying any attention whatsoever. Unbelievable how management's gotten so far without getting fired.
Pros
Long breaks, lax management
Cons
Management lies, high achievers get nothing, low achievers tend to be favored by management
Horrible Management
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALApril 2, 2018
Management lies constantly. The people who get promoted are incompetent and lazy, those who work hard on salary over 50 hours a week are the ones that don't get recognized.
Cons
Need better mangemen/PTO time for parttime
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MIMarch 20, 2018
NO paid time off even if you get over 30 hours of week and management need to know how to respect employees. Make sure we get off in a timely manner.
Productive fast paced job
Cafeteria Worker/Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMarch 14, 2018
A typical day at work would include multitasking, stocking, cooking and preparing food, sweeping and mopping, serving food, running a cash register, counting down the money and keeping people happy. I learned a lot about the food industries and how things work. My manager was amazing I would trade him for the world. No job is really hard its just a matter of what you're willing to learn. Everything was enjoyable to me from coworkers to customers to managers. It was always fun.
No one lasts long
Executive Chef (Former Employee) –  MichiganFebruary 19, 2018
I in 3 years had 5 different directors and 3 different RDO’s. Although there are other managers they typically never leave the office to engage with associates and all the responsiblity is put on the Chef. They would be better to have 3 chefs running prospective area’s. The Chef is kind of the fall guy for this company. You are expected to work 50 hour weeks however with all that they put on the Chef it’s at least 65 to complete projects.
Also you end up having to work from home a lot so the work life balance is shot. They are short staffed at every account in Michigan so the Chef has to pick all the extra work load. Staff turn around is higher than anywhere I’ve ever worked. All in all I would never work there again.
Pros
25 paid days off
Cons
The way the entire Michigan operations are run.
Great Company
Food Service Director (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 18, 2018
Touchpoint is a great company to work for, benefits are competitive, there is room for advancement and training if you seek it out. Compensation is also competitive.
Very stressful environment
Chef Manager (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSJanuary 30, 2018
Serving 100+ patients three meals per day, carefully observing special dietary and allergy restrictions. Scheduling and managing 12+ staff members per shift.
Good company to work for
EVS Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Round Rock, TXJanuary 25, 2018
Touchpoint is a good company to work for. They promote from within which is a great thing. However, the promotion does not come with great pay. There is a lot of opportunity here. Again, the pay is not so great
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Pay is not the best
Poor and inconsistent management, hypocritical
Chef Manager (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJanuary 10, 2018
Environmental services seemed to be under control, but the food service portion of the operation is abismal at best. Inconsistent, and "standards" vary greatly depending on who you happen to be talking to.
Overall good place to work, has its' flaws just like any other company
Bruno Conference Center Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJanuary 10, 2018
A typical day at work is quite stressful - mainly because there is a lack of cooperation & communication between employees. What I have learned from this job is that, not all people internalize the same work ethic that I do; for example, if I see something that needs to be done, I take it upon myself to do it, while others predetermine their duties based primarily on what their job "responsibilities," or "duties" are. The Management at TouchPoint Support Services is excellent - they do not micro-manage, and give you the opportunity to complete your responsibilities without watching over your shoulder or watching every move you make. The hardest part of the job is trying to get your fellow employees to work with you on a project; due to the high demand of responsibilities each housekeeper maintains, there is always something else for them to do, rather than the task you might need help with. The most enjoyable part of the job involves the interactions between myself and the medical staff/executives.
Pros
Adoption of my own schedule, the interactions between myself & medical staff
Cons
short or no breaks, lack of communication or work ethic from employees within your workplace environment
not ran professionally
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  all over americaDecember 1, 2017
I just want to go to work and have peace of mind sometimes without being treated like a kid at times don't have no voice to be heard
lack of respect at times etc.
Very great place to work
Retail Cashier/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIOctober 31, 2017
I love my job but I hate standing up all day. But I’m a cashier so I understand that’s unprofessional to sit down. More cooks will come in handy because we are short one.
Very Poor Mangement
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 23, 2017
Management is very poor, ineffective, intolerable, dishonest, and cold. They don't care how the hospital was cleaned as long as they got their money from the hospital.