TouchPoint Support Services Employee Reviews

Awful
Cashier (Former Employee) –  United StatesMarch 12, 2019
Management is unprofessional and there is workplace harassment. Management is unqualified and picks favorites and makes it obvious. Terrible environment.
Pros
Free lunch. Paid 15 minute breaks.
Cons
No or very little raises. Workplace harassment.
Good staff
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Stevens Point, WIFebruary 7, 2019
Your are on your feet for 8 hours, Cleaning patients rooms, Down the hallways, staircases, Nurses stations, Public bathrooms, There is a lot to clean at a hospital and also deal with lots of people. Have to have good customer service. Most of the staff is great to work with and teamwork to get things down was great to.
Pros
Teamwork, time goes fast
Cons
Healthcare
Stressful workplace
cook (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 25, 2019
AT the beginning I started the management team was very helpful then the company changed management that's when the work place began to get very stressful. They didn't train the new staff they
Good work family to work with but very untrained supervisors
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 22, 2019
I love my work family been there for almost 6years so many managers and supervisors came so things began to change and it was very frustrating no communication I'm trying supervisors but other than that it was really nice
Pros
We was able to eat whatever we like
Cons
15 minute and 30 minute break
It wasn’t so much of the job but more of the management. They show favoritism.
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNDecember 28, 2018
Work, stay to yourself, and always have a backup job. Management is rarely there but you call in sick one day and they’re making subliminal comments about not coming in or being late.
Pros
By yourself after training
Cons
Pay and management
I highly recommend you never apply to this company.
Patient Transportation (Former Employee) –  Novi MichiganDecember 22, 2018
Low pay very hard job no raises or very little raises maybe like $0.19 a year letting employees get away with things that the supervisors liked and the ones they didn't were turned in. Management would excuse things like patients that are sleeping on the job with a suicidal patient no write-up nothing. And the next person will get written up for something extremely irrelevant such as is not clocking out for the end of the day.
Pros
My coworkers, and I love working with patients
Cons
HR awful, pay was awful, they work you like a slave
Garbage and terrible management
Environmental Services (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALDecember 19, 2018
Environmental service Management is terrible don't know how to talk to you any kind of way supervisors will lie on on you just to save they job, when you go to management to talk to them about the supervisors they do not want to hear it the director is no better oval round just don't go even though the pay is good too much stress for the pay
Cons
Everything just don't go
TouchPoint doesn't care about their employees
Associate (Current Employee) –  Appleton, WIDecember 11, 2018
A typical day at work is others watching every move you make so they can tell the managers how you're doing.
I learned that these people thrive off of putting their employees down.
Management is just doing what they're told to do and that is to tell you everything you're doing is wrong.
Workplace culture is "cut-throat", fellow employees look for opportunities to pull the rug out from under you.
The hardest part of this job is trying to keep enjoyment and passion you had at first.
The most enjoyable part of the job is their coffee is great and it's free!
Pros
You get a check
Cons
If you like being put down, this is the company to work for.
I would recommend someone to work here
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIDecember 7, 2018
the most enjoyable part of this job is when you put a smile on the customers face, knowing they were pleased with your service, that is one of the greatest reward in customer service.
Pros
discounted meals, and free meal pass
Cons
lack of pay increase
Good and Bad
Catering Associate (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLOctober 30, 2018
Basically this job you start in the kitchen building trays in a semi assembly line set up, you take these trays in a big moving food cart to different parts of the hospital (depending what area you work for the day), and pass this food out to patients who are staying at the hospital. This is an all day job and you must take orders for each meal and according to the paitent's diet. In between meal periods is when you discuss meal choices and also do stock for the paitent pantry on that floor. This place is good if you are VERY adaptable and keep to yourself. A lot of workers like to cause drama that management ignores, resulting in a lot of favoritism and bullying of workers who aren't in the select "clique". This also applies to that not a lot of workers will help you out even if you're struggling unless they feel like helping/look good for management. The long 12 hour shifts makes it hard for you to care for a family or have off days for your own personal life. Moving up is hard unless a position higher up opens, which you must push hard to qualify for. This is a good job for someone that needs something temporary, but isn't good long term unless people like you.
Pros
Discount on cafeteria food, set schedule rotation for full time employees, wellness hours
Cons
Long Hours, Hard To Schedule Breaks, Work Enviroment, Management Ignores Harassment Issues

Want to know more about TouchPoint Support Services?

Ask a question
Touchpoint
Sr. Executive Chef (Current Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MISeptember 24, 2018
over all the job is good. I wish there was more room to move upward. I will continue to work hard at the things I'm good at. We need to work on things.
A company driven on training it's associates
SITE HR TRAINING MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNSeptember 3, 2018
TouchPoint Support Services, a sector of Compass Group, is a company driven on training and education for it's associates to grow or find their career. As with most other companies, this company does have "great" ideas from corporate that are not well executed. And of course corporate's expectations are slightly skewed from reality. However, the company as a whole is a great company to work for. They continually provide stretch assignments for those wanting to progress. One pro that I value the most is work-life balance and I can definitely say this company provides that.
Pros
Work-life balance, PTO for salaried associates, Training, Career Growth
Cons
Compensation, Corporate
Nice clean workplace
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALAugust 31, 2018
Be at work on time and do your best. I work with the most intelligent understanding supervisor. They are very fair. I enjoy working with my co worker. My work days are never the same some days are more challenging but I still get through them.
Pros
Dollar Bucks to show appreciation
Cons
Short breaks
Productive, but no job advancement
NFS Food Associate (Current Employee) –  Centerville, TNAugust 15, 2018
Was working 8.5 hour shifts, but was recently forced into working 13 hour shifts. No career growth. Work weekends even when promised rotating weekends. Hours have been cut and no new hires coming in. Very fast-paced. Will take pay from your check if you get a break or not. Lack of communication from manager. Pay raise every year, but not much.
Cons
no free lunches, lack of communication, low pay
Fast passed, self motivated inviroment
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Novi, MIAugust 10, 2018
Light cleaning of facilities and patient rooms. Collect and Store cleaning carts for staff. Able to stay on task while preforming the jobs in a timely manner. Interacting with patients, family members and medical staff.
Good... but needs help communicating
Barista, Dietary Supervisor, & Dietary Operator (Current Employee) –  Hoffman Estates, ILAugust 9, 2018
Communication is key manager always tried to help you as much as she can. Great team and hope everyone gives Touchpoint a chance. Company likes to promote within as well
Garbage
Food Service Worker/Utility (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INJuly 14, 2018
Worked in kitchen at St. Vincent's. Managers don't hesitate to lie and pretend they're going to help out. My manager refuses to give me more than a 2% raise despite the ridiculous amount of shifts I covered that year and the fact that I was the only one running the dish room. Upon trying to move up to a simple supervisor position, they ignore me for a solid 3 months, despite having already hired the new supervisor. They didn't tell me anything until well after the new supervisor was working. Now I'm up for it again and they offer me a .50 cent raise, bumping me up to the point that a new supervisor would earn. What a joke. 2.5 years of blood, sweat, and tears, only to see it wiped away and told I must earn another raise next year. The highest possible raise is 3%, but they tell me I can earn 5% if I do okay. Difficult to believe. The one major bright side is that when working utility positions, I can essentially do whatever I want to at this point and no one's paying any attention whatsoever. Unbelievable how management's gotten so far without getting fired.
Pros
Long breaks, lax management
Cons
Management lies, high achievers get nothing, low achievers tend to be favored by management
Management will take advantage of you.
Team Support (Former Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNMay 26, 2018
Upper management is great - very understanding and willing to work with you. The problem is with direct management, especially on the retail side, which will take advantage of your availability and throw you into different positions without proper training. They will also change your schedule completely to fit these new positions, most of the time without telling you this.

The retail customers are by and large great, except for the few who treat you like garbage (and, because it's in a hospital, these are the nurses and techs who are your daily regulars). Coworkers are similarly great except for a select few who leave their work for you to complete and make your life complicated.

On the up side, you can go to management about these problems. On the down side, they won't actually do anything about it until it affects the money they're making or you quit.

Work/life balance is probably the only actually good thing about this job, and that only applies half the time. When they change your schedule without warning, they expect you to cancel any plans you may have made that conflict with the job.
Horrible Management
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALApril 2, 2018
Management lies constantly. The people who get promoted are incompetent and lazy, those who work hard on salary over 50 hours a week are the ones that don't get recognized.
Cons
Need better mangemen/PTO time for parttime
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MIMarch 20, 2018
NO paid time off even if you get over 30 hours of week and management need to know how to respect employees. Make sure we get off in a timely manner.