Touchstone Communities Employee Reviews

Good marketing, lacking standard operating procedures and guidance to bring departments together for common mission
Manager (Former Employee) –  TexasJanuary 5, 2019
On paper, Touchstone appears to be a great company that puts integrity and respect above all else in the service of a main objective--to serve the patients/residents of skilled nursing facilities. It's a shame they talk about God and serving Jesus so much, because they don't practice what they preach (patience, integrity, compassion). In reality, the location I served at was bizarrely cut-throat, fast-paced, unstructured, and micromanaged from the top. Long industrial-era 'gotcha' meetings--lead by one person--were unproductive, unstructured and unfocused. I never heard anyone say good job or well done. Basically, there was no trust or collaboration, just stress and divide-and-conquer mentality (a tactic I was actually told to use as a manager). Shame on them for haphazardly throwing around the ideals of Jesus, praying, faith, etc., instead of actually doing good work.
Pros
nice, new building
Cons
Impractical expectations
January 7, 2019

Hello, we regret to hear that you had a negative experience with us. We value all of our team members, and strive to live out our Purpose, Mission, and Vision in all that we do. We would like to get more details about the issues you have described so we can address them directly. If you are willing, please call us at (210) 828-5686 to speak with DeDe Juel. You may also call our anonymous ethics and compliance hotline at 1-877-995-0950.

Nice place to work
Ambrosio Guillen veterans home (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXDecember 5, 2018
Touchstone communities is a nice place to work however there was never an opportunity to work full time at the facility therefore I had to seek out more employment opportunities elsewhere
Pros
nice facility good work environment
Cons
no full time
December 10, 2018

Hello, thank you for providing this feedback about your experience. Although we no longer manage Ambrosio Guillen Veterans Home, we appreciate all reviews and will use your comments to improve. Have a great day.

Warning
Cook (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 26, 2018
What ever bad reviews you see about this employer please take them to heart! especially when it’s a cook position!!!!!! The manger makes mistakes EVERYDAY but will throw you under the bus and write you in for everything! Even the bull that the front nurses put in the air! And then the front dose not support the kitchen and there goal is to get the whole kitchen fired!!!!! It’s not the worth the small amount of pay to put up with! DO NOT APPLY JUST GO BACK AND FIND SOMETHING BETTER WHERE THEY WILL NOT TREAT YOU BAD!
November 28, 2018

Hi, we are disappointed to see that you’re having a negative experience at one of our communities. We would like to address the situation you have described. Please reach out to our anonymous compliance and ethics hotline at 1-877-995-0950 so we can address your issues. Thank you.
- Touchstone Communities

No Accountability what so ever. Residents sit in their filth for hours. So many falls!
Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 20, 2018
They make it sound so good when you hire on. They keep reminding you of how much you'll make. NEWS FLASH you are on your own with very short staff. Employees coming in late (up to 2 hrs) every single day and you have to take care of their halls along with your hall until they show up. There is only one cna per hall, along with giving showers which could be 8 a day. Complaints are blown off by D.O.N, Administrator, HR and Nurses that in charge. They have a group meeting every month telling everyone that we're a family we help each other blah blah blah. No they don't that's all a lie. And hardly any of the Nurses or CNA's use the SKILLS. Which we have to be Certified by the State. But they only use them when the State shows up. The Owners and State needs to go undercover and see the facility and the Kitchen for themselves. Never would recommend this place.
Pros
Love the Residence
Cons
No access to computer, no healthcare, no uniform, complaints are ignored, Nurses refuse to help you. Administrator blows off every complaint you tell him.
November 28, 2018

Hi, we appreciate your honest review. We set a high standard for ourselves, so we are disappointed to hear that your experience with us was not a positive one. We would like to get more details about the issues you described; please reach out to our anonymous compliance and ethics hotline at 1-877-995-0950. Thank you.
- Touchstone Communities

I work at the CSO (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 23, 2018
You can be challenged to do your role better but in a supportive and loving way. They really believe in doing the right thing which is hard in LTC because some folks will take the easy way to make money. Not this company nor its leaders or support. They will hold you accountable to do the ethical thing every time in support of their vision and purpose. Great place to work. Have no desire to leave. ever.
Pros
great benefits. matching 401k, with vesting within 2 years, . pto time off. holidays. great beliefs. adjustable to the human spirit
Cons
can be a lot of red tape at times but it is a private organization that requires it
Great company
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 6, 2018
Touchstone communities is probably the best place I have worked so far it saddens me that I had to leave, all of the employees were kind and cared for the residents.
Cons
I love the mission statement of this company.
A/R Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 29, 2018
The company's mission statement is to serve God. There is employee recognition for a job well done, and the benefits are very competitive. Education is promoted.
Loved working with our veterans.
Physical Therapist Assistant (Former Employee) –  Floresville, TXJune 22, 2018
The Frank M. Tejeda Texas State Veterans Home will always be my favorite place to have worked. The old guys were great to work with and I'm proud and honored to have been able to help in my capacity. My coworkers and the office staff were great and all with good hearts.
Pros
CEU's galore, working with the old veterans.
Cons
30 mile drive one-way, low caseload.
Challenging Atmosphere but Great Company
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 24, 2018
Touchstone is a great company to work for, the owners are amazing. Unfortunately they aren't around 100% of the time so there are some individuals in management that positions should be reconsidered. I experienced harassment as well as strong judgmental tones from my direct managers. Unfortunately it is an amazing company with a few bad apples.
Productive work place, very professional oriented
Certified Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Porter, TXMay 7, 2018
Absolutely an asset to anyone in need of professional, loving, unconditional care! Amazing staff and comfortable environment to work for. And asset to any beginner in the healthcare feild!
Poor management practices
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  TexasApril 27, 2018
Never fully staffed or equipped to perform job with efficiency. Unprofessional work culture. Favoritism regarding rewards and punishments. Rules only apply to a few. No support from immediate supervisors. Too many cliques among staff. Staff help who they like and hang out with, not based on need. The communication is poor among all levels.
Pros
Residents
Cons
No breaks or help when short staffed
Terrible company
Director of Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Spring Branch, TXApril 25, 2018
Touchstone is a terrible place to work they say they are a Christian based company there is nothing Christian about this company the worst thing about the heights of Bulverde is the administrator, he mistreats older employees and thinks your less than human if your older and are a woman. Don't work there.
Pros
Cons
To much to mention
Calm work place
LVN Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 12, 2018
Felt very family like had a family member as a RSD so very pleased with care given administration is understanding and very easy to work with, left this employment due to personal family issue
Pros
Clean great administration
Cons
Pay not to great
Horrible place to work.
anonymous (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TexasMarch 8, 2018
Management is horrible here and do not seem to care about their employees, only about themselves. The lead manager is inexperienced and uses foul language when talking to staff. People come to work late all the time and management never does anything about it. The residents are filthy and very sick. The facility is filthy. Policies are not followed or enforced. Just a horrible place to work.
Pros
Cons
everything
Sloppy Management and sloppy HR at best.
LVN Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXMarch 1, 2018
Don't work for Touch Stone Amarillo, Tx No professionallism - just plain sloppy at best from the management team. I have no intetrest in considering any future employment with Amarillo Texas Touchstone - the residents are at risk. A Typical work day starts in the gutter and never gets better. The best part of this employment is leaving and never looking back.
Pros
There are no Pros
Cons
Sloppy management - Sloppy HR -
productive and fun place to work
Marketing Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 26, 2018
One of my best working experiences was in Touchstone Communities. It is amazing how everyone is so helpful and nice. I really like it and I would definitely recommend work there.
Admissions Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 21, 2018
This was a fast paced work environment. All in all I would recommend the location to anyone. Friendly staff and workers everyone worked well with each other! Management could use some culture training. Customer Service was poor!
Pros
Birthday holiday
Cons
No job training
Don't go to work here, staff is overworked
anonymous (Former Employee) –  Bulverde, TXFebruary 6, 2018
The staff is overworked and a typical day for a nurse is not 8 hours, it is 9-10. The CNA's have no rules and work hard but do what they want and are out the door at 8 hrs. I learned that they do not keep promises to nurses, they seem to use them until they can't use them no more. The management is trying to do everything and not manage. There is never enough supplies for simple tasks like in and out caths or in some cases there were not even wipes for pericare. The hardest part of the job was just going to work and staying positive. The most enjoyable was the people you worked with. If they don't change, there will be NO FUTURE for this branch of Touchstone.
Pros
Coworkers who want to do a good job but can't
Cons
All are overworked, underpaid and no rules or supplies available
Do not work here
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Amarillo, TXDecember 23, 2017
If you like being talked down to on a daily basis this is the job for you. Only certain people are held accountable for their actions. CNA's are able to talk to upper management anyway they want to. Management plays favorites. If you want to keep your sanity don't apply here.
Pros
Getting to go home, residents
Cons
Unprofessional management, CNA's with attitudes
Touchstone was good, but VSI was not.
Plant Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Logan, TXNovember 3, 2017
Liked Touchstone and what a good company they were, but VSI was terrible. The VSI Administrator was impossible to work for and had no character. Job was demanding.
Pros
Being around Veterans
Cons
Vsi

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Touchstone Communities. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6