TOUGALOO COLLEGE Employee Reviews

I worked in the divsion of mathematics.
Mathematics Tutor/Instructor (Current Employee) –  Tougaloo, MSSeptember 23, 2018
I tutored college freshman in their studies. I assisted with questions, issues or concerns they may have in reference to their math assignments. This also helped most of them with their transition to college life. I learned a lot of students had never taken college courses whereas they only met a couple of days a weeks.
Office Manager for the Department of Information Technology
Office Manager, Information Technology (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSAugust 29, 2018
Working with students has always been a joy! Providing administrative support to the Director of IT, preparing requisitions, maintaining purchasing budget for various departments campus wide and updating the Standard Operating Procedures directive were just a few of the daily duties, alongside assigning work study students to various duties.
Pros
Student Affairs and Program Activities
Professor
Assistant Professor (Former Employee) –  Tougaloo, MSAugust 10, 2018
Workplace culture was supportive and professional growth encouraged so that professors could support student needs. Students were appreciative of advice and direction given them.
Very Relaxed Place To Work
Mathematics Instructor (Current Employee) –  Tougaloo, MSAugust 5, 2018
Very relaxed and great environment. The most fun part of the job is the students being intuitive and learning advancement. The hardest part is low pay and limited benefits for family members.
Financial Head Cashier (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSJuly 30, 2018
no review for this company as I do not wish to participate. The reason is solely for my purpose . I do not wish to particpate in this survey at all. Please
Director - Sponsored Programs and Research (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MSJuly 26, 2018
Great place to work. I've had the opportunity to work with some great people here. I've acquired a number of skills here that I am very grateful for. Again, this is a great place to work.
Very Cut throat
Program Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tougaloo, MsMarch 14, 2018
Director very messy and juvenile. Always pitting employees against one another. Created a bullying and hostile enviorment. Writing and suspending staff if youre one minute late and treating staff as if its a military enviorment.
Very relaxed and fun job.
Educational Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tougaloo, MSNovember 7, 2017
Very good job if you like working with or around students. It was always interested and lots of activities going on at the college campus. The environment was always educationally focused.
Pros
College campus and lots of activities
No Comment
Director of Procurement and Property Control (Former Employee) –  Tougaloo, MSOctober 25, 2017
No Comment... I have no comment in reference to my employment at Tougaloo College. I worked there for sixteen years, under the supervision of four supervisors, but the last one was quite difficult to work for.
fast paced
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tougaloo, MSOctober 10, 2017
Worked with college students daily. It was a fun task. I think that I helped my students make some of the greatest decisions of their lives... hopefully
Pros
health care
Cons
contract position
what you learned
Counselor (Current Employee) –  Tougaloo, MSMay 24, 2017
Work hard and learn what you can. Stay to yourself mind your own business. And only share information when absolutely necessary. Don't be buddy buddy with anybody,
Family
Student Assistant Basketball Coach (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSFebruary 17, 2017
This place is family oriented. They have a true love for the people and will do anything for you. The pay can be very slim, but the job is rewarding. It gives you a chance to give back.
Pros
family
Cons
money
A great place to meet students where they are and provide assistance/guidance that could be life changing
Vice President for Student Affairs (Former Employee) –  Tougaloo, MSFebruary 7, 2017
Tougaloo College is a great place to learn and work. It provide an opportunity to serve young people from all walks of life. Tougaloo help students to explore careers with a responsibility to give back to communities .
Pros
Provide an opportunity for students to explor self and others
Cons
resource limitations
Horrible place to work
Faculty Member (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSJanuary 1, 2017
The people I had to interact with on a daily bases were horrible, relied on gossip, did not treat employees equally, were only nice when needed a favor.
I agree with another comment, it's a very toxic environment
Pros
Summer break
Cons
Dean/chair/manager have poor social skills
Great workplace
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Tougaloo, MSMay 31, 2016
Typical day consists of keying applications.
Sorting files, talking to co-workers, and finishing homework if i have any
Comitted to providing a quality secondary education
Ast to HR Director/ Payroll Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tougaloo, MSMarch 5, 2016
Enriched in heritage of equipping minority students with the skills and life long training to compete in the market place and serve their communities.
Set up local area network for the use of a bio-medical-engineering research program and designed molecules to predict quantity needed.
Researcher (Former Employee) –  Tougaloo, MSNovember 7, 2015
Viable working experience that offered a rewarding challenge. Met people that were in different profession fields in order to complete our research.
Productive/beneficial
Student Researcher (Former Employee) –  Tougaloo, MSNovember 2, 2015
I learned research skills as a student. I usually did PCR, western blots, and different assays. It was hard learning new techniques that required so much time. I enjoyed obtaining data and presenting it.
Low wages and administration disconnected
Administrative assistant (Former Employee) –  Tougaloo, MSOctober 7, 2015
Starting wage was low and no raises in 5 years. Manager was a tyrant and has poor social skills. Manager didn't treat everyone equally.
Pros
Holiday break
Cons
Pay, Intimidating, Toxic Environment
Teacher/Staff Aid (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSAugust 30, 2015
I worked here while I was in as a teacher assistant. I was a great experience during my matriculation through college. If you get a job here you are promised a lasting career.