Tourneau Employee Reviews

I worked the service counter
Customer Service Professional (Former Employee) –  Garden City, NYApril 20, 2018
there was a lot of standing and not always a lot of work. if there was not a lot of foot traffic, you would spend the day calling the same people over and over again to pick up their watches. i learned a lot of things about watchmaking and the culture around timepieces.
Fun place to work
Sales/Rolex Specialist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 30, 2018
Great place to work, employees are always very have to come in to work. It is a challenging environment but you get to learn a lot. I would recommend to a friend.
Pros
salary
Cons
changing rules every week
fast paced work place, great if you have a love for watches
Expeditor/ Service (Current Employee) –  Garden City, NYMarch 25, 2018
Overall Tourneau isnt a bad workplace. I learned a great amount about watches since my first day. I am a little over 6 months in with this job and I'm just not too happy anymore. I don't get paid fairly at all. I am an expeditor and get paid service pay yet I am doing service work but because I'm an expeditor I don't get to get bonuses for goals made. This isn't fair. There isn't any place for overtime or advancement. They give you one job and that is it, no advancement. Management sort of sucks. Those are the only issue. Other than dealing with nasty customers all day there are some who will brighten up your day. I like to be busy always and this job keeps me busy. Thats a plus.
Pros
enjoyable workplace, knowledge experience
Cons
Poor management/ unfair pay/ no place for advancement or overtime
Toureau
Sales Professional (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 1, 2018
Tourneau is majority owned by a private equity company that run 99 Cent stores. Unfortunately it is run like a used car dealership. Tourneau I do not feel cares about their clients and rather that year's sales number. If you are buying that day they care. Otherwise we do not have time with you. Not everyone but the corporation.
Tourneau is a nice fast-paced multi-culture enviorment to work in
Sales Professional (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 29, 2018
Tourneau is one of the most renowned company with high end timepieces which is a great establishement to work retail in. The benifits are great for single and family income-based households
High quality sales
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 9, 2018
Typical sales were a couple of times a week. enjoyed working with a variety of employees with variations of sales knowledge and backgrounds. Great job for experienced employee.
Working with High End Brands
ACCOUNTING CLERK / CUSTOMER CARE (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 5, 2017
Working in Tourneau was an unforgettable experience, for I had the chance to work with interesting people and high end watch's and jewelry. Workplace culture was excellent, and every day was enjoyable. I learned about many new brand names that were carried by our company.
Pros
sales for workers
Cons
office space was inconvenient
manage sales and promotion , assist VIP, ordered brand merchandise
Brand Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 1, 2017
at my previous job places of employment, i was renowned for talking any obstacle in order to meet high performance . my strong communication and people skills help me build strong customer and client relationship
A bit stressful but good pay & benefits.
Sales Professional P/T (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 1, 2017
My job as a salesperson was a bit cut-throat but management did their best to make sure things were fair. My job as a Service Manager was extremely stressful because of the goals and customer issues that I had to rectify on a daily basis. However, the benefits and compensation did push me to do my best.
Pros
There is an opportunity to make money.
Cons
All three positions that I held in this company were stressful.
is horrible
Service Manager / Expediter (Current Employee) –  Long Island City, NYSeptember 14, 2017
when you are sick they do not care, medical is 1/2 of your paid check and is not included dental or vision, management like to touch you all the time and you are like an animal you work here 9 hours but only get paid 8 hours
they are always scream at you and is a horrible place to work
you do not grown in this company they cut your paid
I need to leave
Pros
free lunch
Cons
no paid
No order, and no hands on training
Service Professional (Current Employee) –  Garden City, NYSeptember 5, 2017
I expected a better system in place with a highly valuable establishment. I wouldn't want to work this again. Management never has time to help when you are asking for them.
Pros
1 hour break every day
Cons
Bi-weekly check, do not give raises at all.
VERY LOW MORAL!!Discrimination towards women and most workers of diverse ethnicity
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 14, 2017
This company is by far one of the worst places to work at. Management is incompetent and rude. No one cares about you or your work. People are cutthroat and ruthless. Customer service is unheard of unless you are a seriously rich customer. If you try to get training to advance your career don't expect much unless you know someone in management- that's the culture there. That goes for HR too. At a meeting we have to listen to a director talk about her lavish lifestyle. A customer experience is different than an employee experience.
Pros
People the ones that are worth knowing and some work experience
Cons
Discrimination, bullying, lack of support and encouragement
Productive and fun place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 27, 2017
fun place to work and worked under 65 brands all together...love there training part...we used to get free lunch time to time got certificate in most of the brands
Varies by location.
Sales Associate - Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Huntington, NYJuly 9, 2017
Not enough high-end products to justify amount of compensation due to low commission rates.
Good staff but poor management. Very low regular wages and not enough flexible hours.
Pros
Exceptional coworkers.
Cons
poor management at director level. Working conditions not up to par for products sold.
productive and fun workplace and gentle kind people
Retail Sales & Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 17, 2017
I excel to satisfy my customers as best a possible with changing batteries,removing and adding links and regular maintenance care for their timepiece.
Great products and training
Certified Pre-Owned Manager / Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Coral Gables, FLMay 22, 2017
If you love watches like me then this is a great place to work. You learn a lot and get to meet some very interesting people. Unfortunately a new corporate team changed too many things and people.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Cabazon, CAMay 14, 2017
Tourneau is a great place to work,fun staff great hours and the best clients. If you have a love for watches like I do,you will love is place.Management was a big part of making every day a rewarding and profitable one.
Pros
staff
Cons
no security
Wonderful workplace, but are in the process of closing
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 3, 2017
I worked for this company less than a year, and during that time I truly enjoyed my colleagues, the working environment, and my salary.

However, shortly after I was hired, corporate decided to close our location along with several others around the nation.

This decision has put major strain on myself and others who have worked for this company.
Pros
effective management
Cons
closing locations nationwide
terrible
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 27, 2017
I was here for a little over a year and it was the worst experience imaginable. From the supervisors to management completely horrible. I have a chronic disease that I will not mention and was treated very unfairly and even told me I was a liar over the phone.
Brief Experience
STAFF ACCOUNTANT (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 21, 2017
I have a brief experience with Tournea, I learnt a few things as the company is not just designed for out of school accountants. They a had nice office and provided good working environment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tourneau. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.1

2.0Personal Development

2.1Career Opportunities

2.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight