Touro College Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Great learning institute
Full time student (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 10, 2018
Classes and practicum was the main menu of activity. The instructors were exceptional. In fact, my classroom management teacher was so impactful that I used his strategies and never had classroom issues, my students learned and enjoyed learning. He taught me to make it fun.
Pros
instructors
Great
Clinical Education Coordinator OMS IV (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 26, 2018
Great all around. Wonderful leadership and co workers. The environment was extremely conducive to my success. I would recommend the organization to anyone interested.
Legal Clerk, Disaster Relief Clinic (Former Employee) –  Central Islip, NYMarch 27, 2018
Relaxed office environment, friendly staff, great place for job training. I enjoyed the aid I received in the office concerning the legal process and the ability to interact with clients.
Stressed out and unappreciated
Anatomy Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 16, 2018
What I learned is that work ethic and suggestions for improvements were not good qualities for such an environment where students are horrible to staff
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Overworked
Horrible place to work.
Nursing (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVMarch 10, 2018
There is a very “cliquey” group that works at TUN and if you don’t follow their instructions or act immorally, you’ll be forced out. Also, the CEO is a clueless, leftist liberal.
Love it here
Instructional and information technology services (Current Employee) –  Queens, NYMarch 6, 2018
Touro is is a very good place to work at. I would recommend everyone to come here. It's a very friendly environment. I love Touro. I was able to go to school and work and get a get nice discount.
Energetic and Fast Paced
Director of Student Services and Scholarship Aid (Current Employee) –  Central Islip, NYFebruary 11, 2018
Enjoyed working at Touro Law Center for almost 9 years. I learned a lot about working with upper management, students, and have grown as a person. The hardest part of my job is giving feedback to students which may not be what they want to hear but I am a good listener and great with customer services which is important my position.
Good
Academic Advisor/Counselor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 1, 2018
Touro College is a good place to work. People are nice and many are team players. Staff are more there for the student. The hardest part of the job was around the registration time period.
A good place to start
System Administrator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 19, 2018
You'll learn many skills while handling a multitude of problems whether they relate to your role or position or not. What you can get out of those skills depends on your own work habits.
Pros
Short day on Fridays
Cons
Low pay
relaxed
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 18, 2018
working at touro college was ok. it was a relaxed environment but the pay wasn't that good. Other than the pay it was an ok job. The supervisors were decent aswell.
Great workplace
Human Resources Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 16, 2018
The employees in my department were more like family than coworkers. There was a sense of caring among the group. Employees were given chances to attend the school at no cost to them in order to get their degree.
Touro college
Financial Aid Director/ Admissions Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVDecember 26, 2017
Counseling student doctors about their financial future regarding private loans to pay for school and living expenses in regard to deferment, consolidation, federal vs. private, Grad Plus, military and ethnic scholarships, etc. Very rewarding experience to watch them go from freshman to graduating medical doctors.
Pros
meeting so many smart people from various walks of life
Touro College
Career Advisor/Facilitator (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYDecember 13, 2017
My experience with Touro College was so beautiful and if i could do it all over again I would. The manager was a great person always very helpful and i learned a lot from her. She made the job easier because she was always willing to lend a helping hand. Management was like regular people not like people you had to sit up straight to.
Pros
Get off early Fridays
Cons
unfavorable work atmosphere and unstructured environment
Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 13, 2017
Touro college is an unstructured environment with poor leadership and a lack of diversity and inclusion practices throughout the organization. Unfavorable work atmosphere
Financial Aid Officer
Financial Aid Officer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 8, 2017
An exiting job, a very productive .Especially dealing with the youth providing a technical advance career eventually for a better future for the youth.
lack of advancement
Tutor Coordinator/Test Proctor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 28, 2017
I have worked at this place for the last thirteen year and there is no grow at this company. they never really give their employee a raise and they are giving always given staff member extra job titles without there consent.
Pros
flexible time schedule
Cons
no raise health benfits are to high
Productive, busy environment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYNovember 20, 2017
Always something to do, answer phones, computer/paper work, etc... I learned alot from 3 departments that I've done work for at Touro College. Religious observant Holidays were a +
Good wok place
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  onlineNovember 18, 2017
Very good work place. Good experience on Blackboard. Online work was very productive and interesting. The program coordinator was always very helpful when needed.
Organization
Payroll Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 17, 2017
Payroll team was going under transition with longtime team member leaving organization. I enjoyed processing multi state payroll and working closely with Payroll/AP Director.
Flexible, autonomy
Adjunct Professor in the Psychology Department (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 15, 2017
I work as an adjunct professor so the benefits are not applicable. I get wonderful support from the department chair. I am given a lot of autonomy and flexibility on how the classes are taught

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Touro College. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

3.4Personal Development

2.4Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight