Touro Infirmary Employee Reviews

Challenging place to work
RN (Former Employee) –  telemetryJuly 8, 2019
Having enough nursing staff always a challenge. The favored units get preferential treatment from management. Staff unable to work together due to being so busy, Charge nurses always have patients and are little help to the nurses. Nurse techs are always pulled for SVCs or to the ER for PECs. Appropriate levels of care are often disregarded as are nurse:patient ratios (for ex: not enough ICU beds then pt sent to floor unit). High staff turn over. High management turn over. It's a wonder they pass certification.
Pros
good nurses who work here
Cons
nurse-patient ratios are too high, unable to retain staff
great place to work
Certified Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAApril 17, 2019
very productive place to work very great management most enjoyable part of the job is caring for the patients and learning different task each day and meeting new people
Pros
fun place to work
Jekel and Hide
Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAMarch 10, 2019
Employees are able to be reprimanded by other employees suggesting without supervisors getting involved. Management does not investigate accused employee but make decisions based on suggestions of HR. Supervisors should solve all conflicts or disagreements between employees at the lowest level. Some people are just hateful and don’t consider employees obligations or family commitments. Touro will not back you in any way and does not care about your wellbeing. Simply put be tankful you have a job there because you could be fired anyday
Pros
Discount gift shop
Cons
No support from HR
great company but poor staffing
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAMarch 9, 2019
touro has a little bit of everything. there's major opportunity for growth and money to be made with bonuses offered to staff on their off days to come into work.
wonderful
RN Staff Nurse Well baby nursery (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAFebruary 22, 2019
Wonderful place to work, very busy. Worked nightshift in well baby nursery. Wished they had auxillary staff to answer phones and techs to help with care of babies and escorting babies to other side of hospital.
Patients are the best
Pulmonary Rehab manager (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAFebruary 4, 2019
A day at Rehab is always fun. We make rehab and exercise fun for our patients. The staff in rehab has an multi-disciplinary approach. We take pride in providing high quality care. We retain our patient for up to 10 years after they complete the Phase II part of rehab. Our program is certified by the AACVPR. We have lots of support from upper management. The hardest part of our job is loosing a patient that has been with us for many years. The most enjoyable part is seeing patient progress and increase their activity of daily living.
Pros
Awesome patients
Cons
Occational death of a patient.
Great place to learn
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LADecember 13, 2018
Touro Infirmary is a smaller hospital making it a great place to begin your nursing career. Easy to get familiar with your coworkers and work environment. Friendly atmosphere of staff.
Pros
longevity of staff, smaller number of staff compared to other hospitals.
Cons
Pay to park, pay for meals, minimal raise each year
Never really felt comfortable working there a certain nurses and doctors treating you like you was nothing because of what you did for a living
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LANovember 27, 2018
It was very hard working there and very busy a lot of surgeries per day a lot of bad attitudes that you had to deal with certain nurses and doctors look down at you didn't speak to you no matter how hard you work for them, your work go unnoticed and they never show you how much they appreciate your work. But I did enjoy the experience learning about surgery.
Oncology Care unit
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LANovember 20, 2018
I worked in a small oncology un it in this hospital and I enjoyed to hospitality and the team work between the nurses and the oncologists. We practiced rotating charge nursing, therefore every nurse experienced the role of charging in an oncology care unit.
Touro is a fun place to work for. Has an extremely great teamwork
Clinical Supervisor (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAOctober 28, 2018
Touro is a busy organization. One tends to work with great staff and leadership. There is a great sense of leadership and makes one look forward to go to work. Due to different patient exposure at Touro, it makes the organization a great field to learn and grow.
Not a good place to work
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAOctober 15, 2018
Management over this Hospital don't worry about contract company that's affiliated with this Hospital I wouldn't recommend this Hospital so no one to work or to be seen here it's not clean not safe.
Fast Paced
Patient Registrar in the ER (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAOctober 13, 2018
Each day was fast pace, but enjoyable to work with patients. Small working area. Did not see Management as often. I learned most of what I needed on my own. Culture was mixed. Hardest part was inability to help patients. Most enjoyable was helping patients who needed that little bit extra to feel better, and became a part of their lives to all returning patients.
Pros
Access to patients
Cons
Small working space and difficult employees
Great Environment
Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LA 70115October 5, 2018
Really enjoy the staff at this facility. Everyone does and is willing to help each other. It's always about the patients. It's never about one person. No clicks to worry about.
Pros
Everyone helps.
Cons
N/a
Pick your work unit wisely upon hire
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LASeptember 5, 2018
If you get hired for this floor assignment......run!!! There is no teamwork. It’s very hard to work in a hostile environment.
Very poor management and very low salary. Other units are nicer to work on.
Pros
Discounts in hospital cafeteria.
Cons
Management does not support you.
Just a job
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  New OrleansAugust 8, 2018
A typical day at work consists of cleaning occupied rooms and outer areas and empty rooms as patients leave sometimes you can have up to 20 rooms to take care of with little to no help on top of extra things the supervisor and nurse staff may ask of you if short staffed you will be assigned more than one area to clean other housekeepers are very messy so stay to yourself do your 8 hours and go home TRUST NO ONE! I've seen alot of people start and quit this job it's easy work but the people here make it stressful since alot of people don't typically stay here or call off alot you can easily make overtime
Pros
You can make overtime
Cons
Always understaffed, poor management, unrealistic expectations from supervisor in a 8 hour shift, no benefits or employee discounts
Old School Culture
Ancillary Staff (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJuly 31, 2018
Great job for beginners, learned a lot but pay is below average. Would recommend to someone starting out wanting to learn as much as they can,but again not very good pay for someone who has been in the field for 10+ years
Great Location in the City
Case Management (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJuly 12, 2018
My peers were great to work with but was ready for a change. Current computer system is EPIC and love it. This is a great place to work at for the right person.
Pros
Great Location in the City, Small Hospital, overall friendly peers
Cons
Pay, Health benefits expensive
Touro Rocks
HIM Imaging Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJune 23, 2018
Pray before you apply! The job and the work environment is what you make of it. I would recommend that anyone who wants to work here have tough skin and be a team player.
Good environment to work in.
Transcriptionist (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJune 13, 2018
As a Pathology transcriptionist for 9 years I enjoyed coming to work daily. Management was questionable at times but things were changing all the time. Problems were solved eventually, the pathologists were friendly and very helpful. My job has come to an end and I will miss this environment.
Pros
Good work environment.
Cons
Questionable administrative moves.
Work place that felt like home
Insurance Authorization Specialist (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJune 8, 2018
Coworkers were so caring it was like being at home with family. Everyone helped each other out in order to provide the best care for the patients calling in or coming in for outpatient services.
Cons
parking kind of sucks