Tower Health Employee Reviews

Strictly Buisness and no room for patient satisfaction
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Reading, PANovember 8, 2018
I worked for Tower Health/ Reading Hospital for just under 13 years. In the beginning, there was compassion for patients and staff. As the years passed and chief/presidents came and went, the compassion followed along with them out the door. I stayed at my job for more than just a paycheck, but for the passion I had knowing that I was appreciated by my patients. I went to work for the patients and refused to treat them as a number, but rather as loved ones. I am glad I have a medical background because I know that too much has gone unrecognized and fatalities and medical errors are rising due to overworked and unhappy staff, along with insurance companies dictating health care.
Now with the hospital growing and taking on more facilities, the staff is treated even more as robots and replaceable. It is time for me to move to a smaller famikyof team members and I hope to further my passion for helping patients.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Lack of compassion for staff and patients
Great people to work with
Ultrasound Technologist (Current Employee) –  West Reading, PAOctober 31, 2018
We act as a family, look out for each other.
Professionally, growth is encouraged, but not monetarily reimbursed.
I love seeing the regular patients and getting to know them and their families.
Would not go back
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Phoenixville, PAOctober 25, 2018
Nurses are burned out and staffing levels are too low to safely care for patients more often than not in my assigned unit. A few doctors seem to be stuck in time and unwilling to progress to patient centered care. The nurses keep the place going despite all the challenges they face every day from within the hospital.
Pros
Other nurses
Cons
Disorganization
plenty of opportunities, good employees
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Reading, PAOctober 12, 2018
loved working at TRHMC. Think it's great that you can apply for jobs within the hospital when you feel like a change. Found employees and management to be very helpful.
Great place to work, but very fast pace and busy,
Patient Access Registrar (Current Employee) –  West Reading, PAOctober 3, 2018
I enjoyed working for Tower health, everyday you learned something new. I enjoyed my co worker's and managers. I will miss everyone. I am just so grateful I was given the opportunity to work with such wonderful employees.
Pros
Being able to use your badge in the cafe and gift shop and receiving 30% off
Cons
Half hour lunches are just not enough
Fast paced phlebotomy position.
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Reading, PASeptember 21, 2018
It was a fast paced job and required you to learn quickly. It is a very professional job so take it seriously. The coworkers can seem stand off-ish at first, but take the time to learn them out.
Pros
Cafeteria easily accessible, employee appriciation events
Cons
Very early mornings, v
Team Oriented Department
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Reading, PASeptember 9, 2018
My position involved a great many diverse responsibilities that kept me busy all the time. Each day was different in the work responsibilities.

Tower is a great place to work and provides the opportunity for you to seek out new positions.

My management was very supportive of each employee to create goals with regard to further education or other opportunities throughout the health system.

The job was not difficult. You had to learn the priorities and how to effectively multitask to meet the demands of the day.

Again, the people I met and worked with, and the management were extremely helpful and supportive. A tremendous team of individuals.
Pros
Supportive Work Environment
Great place to work!
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Reading, PASeptember 4, 2018
Only issue is job postings take forever to be posted and hear back about and you have to know someone to be promoted. Overall a good place to work...
I enjoy what I do
Patient Transporter (Current Employee) –  Reading, PAAugust 23, 2018
You have to be ready for anything. Being a people person and knowing how to talk to someone is really important when interacting with the public. If you know how to respond or react to a person in a given situation, then you can be successful in making that person's day a little bit better.
Pros
Meeting and Interacting with many different types of people
Great Opportunities!
Unit Support Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Reading, PAAugust 15, 2018
I liked the position I held at Tower Health. I enjoyed working with my coworkers (most of them). Worked in their "new' State of the Art facility. Pretty good comradery overall. Several opportunities for job change and/or advancement.
Pros
Several employee incentative programs for Nurses.
Cons
Clickish

Want to know more about Tower Health?

Ask a question
Certified Occupational Therapist Assistant (Former Employee) –  West Reading, PAAugust 8, 2018
Good place to work with good benefits. Typical work day of 8 hrs and have to work specific weekends. Co-workers easy to get along. No breaks during the work shift but an hour lunch break
Pros
Good pay and co-workers
Cons
Not enough time to complete added assignments
In this company you have plenty of opportunity to learn just about anything in the healtcare field. Awesome place to learn.
Patient Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Reading, PA 19611August 7, 2018
Tower Health is a great place for learning anything in the health care field. I recommend you not be shy and ask for resources to grow in this company. Heavy work loads at times but manageable.
Poorly managed system
nurse (Former Employee) –  Coatesville, PAJuly 19, 2018
This healthcare system is dysfunctional and appeared unethical. You never know the whole story, but I would not want to work for this system again, nor would I receive healthcare. Sub-par staffing, sub-par management, sub-par equipment.

Only positive was their benefit package.
Benefits
Cons
staffing, management, equipment, processes
Love the atmosphere
Systems Analyst-Contractor (Current Employee) –  Reading, PAJuly 12, 2018
I was a contractor but it seems they have a lot to offer. We were always getting emails about fun things that were going on or causes they were supporting. I love the atmosphere of Tower Health.
Pros
Caring people to work with
great for a while
Licensed Therapist (Current Employee) –  West Reading, PAJuly 9, 2018
Reading Hospital has been a great place to work. With recent acquisitions and mergers, particularly changes within mental health, job security and questions about future services have gone unanswered. The culture has quickly changed as a result.
Pros
salary, benefits, Pto
Cons
lack of information about future, concerns about job security
Long Hours
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Coatesville, PAJune 26, 2018
You work 12hr shifts and few days a week but not practical for parents of young kids. Nice group of co-workers and nurses are not afraid to help. Your assignment is always changing within a shift so you need to be flexible and good with changes.
Looking for other opporutnies
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Reading, 19608June 11, 2018
I love what I do as a medical assistant. I enjoy helping others and building relationships and trust with my patients. I am confident in my abilities and I am willing to learn new things. I am looking for further opportunities that would best work for my family and I.
non sufficient work space
Buyer (Current Employee) –  Reading HospitalJune 10, 2018
growth causing stress on managers no space for additional staff,
employees in area jammed in room with hard to concentrate.
great benefits - made friends
learned the aspect of health care
day of work very stressfull
Pros
insurance
Cons
stressful everyday
Great
Emergency Observation Nurse (Current Employee) –  Reading, PAJune 1, 2018
This is a great place to be a new nurse. They have excellent nurse educators and ample training. They also have an advancement program that is labor intensive but fair. I also really like the education compensation program.
Great
RN (Current Employee) –  Reading, PAMay 2, 2018
Working for Tower Health is wonderful! I use most of the skills learned in nursing school. Management is looking out for your best interests as well as keeping in mind organizational goals. Workplace culture is good, everyone is nice.