Tower Health Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Fast paced phlebotomy position.
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Reading, PASeptember 21, 2018
It was a fast paced job and required you to learn quickly. It is a very professional job so take it seriously. The coworkers can seem stand off-ish at first, but take the time to learn them out.
Pros
Cafeteria easily accessible, employee appriciation events
Cons
Very early mornings, v
Team Oriented Department
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Reading, PASeptember 9, 2018
My position involved a great many diverse responsibilities that kept me busy all the time. Each day was different in the work responsibilities.

Tower is a great place to work and provides the opportunity for you to seek out new positions.

My management was very supportive of each employee to create goals with regard to further education or other opportunities throughout the health system.

The job was not difficult. You had to learn the priorities and how to effectively multitask to meet the demands of the day.

Again, the people I met and worked with, and the management were extremely helpful and supportive. A tremendous team of individuals.
Pros
Supportive Work Environment
I enjoy what I do
Patient Transporter (Current Employee) –  Reading, PAAugust 23, 2018
You have to be ready for anything. Being a people person and knowing how to talk to someone is really important when interacting with the public. If you know how to respond or react to a person in a given situation, then you can be successful in making that person's day a little bit better.
Pros
Meeting and Interacting with many different types of people
Great Opportunities!
Unit Support Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Reading, PAAugust 15, 2018
I liked the position I held at Tower Health. I enjoyed working with my coworkers (most of them). Worked in their "new' State of the Art facility. Pretty good comradery overall. Several opportunities for job change and/or advancement.
Pros
Several employee incentative programs for Nurses.
Cons
Clickish
Certified Occupational Therapist Assistant (Former Employee) –  West Reading, PAAugust 8, 2018
Good place to work with good benefits. Typical work day of 8 hrs and have to work specific weekends. Co-workers easy to get along. No breaks during the work shift but an hour lunch break
Pros
Good pay and co-workers
Cons
Not enough time to complete added assignments
In this company you have plenty of opportunity to learn just about anything in the healtcare field. Awesome place to learn.
Patient Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Reading, PA 19611August 7, 2018
Tower Health is a great place for learning anything in the health care field. I recommend you not be shy and ask for resources to grow in this company. Heavy work loads at times but manageable.
Poorly managed system
nurse (Former Employee) –  Coatesville, PAJuly 19, 2018
This healthcare system is dysfunctional and appeared unethical. You never know the whole story, but I would not want to work for this system again, nor would I receive healthcare. Sub-par staffing, sub-par management, sub-par equipment.

Only positive was their benefit package.
Benefits
Cons
staffing, management, equipment, processes
Love the atmosphere
Systems Analyst-Contractor (Current Employee) –  Reading, PAJuly 12, 2018
I was a contractor but it seems they have a lot to offer. We were always getting emails about fun things that were going on or causes they were supporting. I love the atmosphere of Tower Health.
Pros
Caring people to work with
great for a while
Licensed Therapist (Current Employee) –  West Reading, PAJuly 9, 2018
Reading Hospital has been a great place to work. With recent acquisitions and mergers, particularly changes within mental health, job security and questions about future services have gone unanswered. The culture has quickly changed as a result.
Pros
salary, benefits, Pto
Cons
lack of information about future, concerns about job security
Long Hours
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Coatesville, PAJune 26, 2018
You work 12hr shifts and few days a week but not practical for parents of young kids. Nice group of co-workers and nurses are not afraid to help. Your assignment is always changing within a shift so you need to be flexible and good with changes.
Looking for other opporutnies
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Reading, 19608June 11, 2018
I love what I do as a medical assistant. I enjoy helping others and building relationships and trust with my patients. I am confident in my abilities and I am willing to learn new things. I am looking for further opportunities that would best work for my family and I.
non sufficient work space
Buyer (Current Employee) –  Reading HospitalJune 10, 2018
growth causing stress on managers no space for additional staff,
employees in area jammed in room with hard to concentrate.
great benefits - made friends
learned the aspect of health care
day of work very stressfull
Pros
insurance
Cons
stressful everyday
Great
Emergency Observation Nurse (Current Employee) –  Reading, PAJune 1, 2018
This is a great place to be a new nurse. They have excellent nurse educators and ample training. They also have an advancement program that is labor intensive but fair. I also really like the education compensation program.
Great
RN (Current Employee) –  Reading, PAMay 2, 2018
Working for Tower Health is wonderful! I use most of the skills learned in nursing school. Management is looking out for your best interests as well as keeping in mind organizational goals. Workplace culture is good, everyone is nice.
Just another number
Patient Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Reading, PAApril 30, 2018
I feel like working here you are just another number, that they don’t really care if you have family issues and things like that. Nor do they care if you get sick and hospitalized. Calling out you get 3 points for one missed day. It takes 18points to get fired. If you want to leave your department or having issues in your department HR doesn’t care nor do they help you at all. They are to busy buying places to care about how happy employees are. There is hard core bulllying in some areas. Sad right?
It was a good place to be at first but mostly your on your own
Pros
Some coworkers, patients
Cons
Pay, Hr, management.
overall
Pre Registrar (Current Employee) –  West Reading, PAApril 10, 2018
Love working here I just really like to be challenged. I am willing to learn more and more but the process is very slow. Co workers are great and fun to work with. Supervisor is nice and always willing to lend a helping hand. I think they need to pay attention to which employees want to do more than their job so they can soar to the top
New growing organization.
RN (Current Employee) –  Phoenixville, PAMarch 19, 2018
A typical day at work as an RN is obtaining a max 5:1 patient ratio. Our facility is very team driven. Nurses work together to complete daily task. I have a very professional, kind and understanding nurse manager. Overall it is a good place to work.
it was an ok place to work
MRI Technologist (Current Employee) –  Pottstown, PAMarch 4, 2018
nothing special to comment about, the lead tech picks at everyone at some time or another. to long in the field to put up with petty differences. if you have good people, which they do then sit back and enjoy it
Pros
money was ok
Cons
favoritism
Major improvements! Great place to work
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Pottstown, PAMarch 3, 2018
Been an employee at Pottstown Hospital for 3 years now, and I must say it’s not a bad place to work! I’ve learned so much! Pottstown Hospital has changed for the better!
Pros
Great Benefits! Good pay!
Cons
Understaffed, ( but slowly improving)
IT Training
Information Technology Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Phoenixville, PAFebruary 21, 2018
Trained in standard IT tasks and functions such as building computer systems and salvaging and deploying them. Meet company employees throughout organization.
Pros
Free meals.