Tower Health Employee Reviews

Extremely Poorly Managed
RN (Current Employee) –  Coatesville, PADecember 19, 2018
Uneducated Supervisors and Directors. Extremely low annual raises (typically less than 60 cents/year) HR Department corrupt. Patients are seen as dollar signs and nursing staff is expected to handle everything due to poor management.
Pros
None.
Cons
You will not receive a decent raise. You will work in a dangerous environment.
Horrible Management
Grant Community Navigator (Current Employee) –  West Reading, PAFebruary 13, 2019
Tower Health overall is a great hospital but the current management at Community Connection Program is horrible. The active supervisor is constantly harassing and belittling us workers and upper management and HR just doesn't care. His attitude has brought down the morale of the team.

This program was a great idea and would be helpful to the community if managed correctly. The most enjoyable part of working here is helping the community.
Pros
benefits and pay
Cons
Horrible management
This department is just like being in High School
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  THMG Tower HospitalJanuary 2, 2019
You will not see one happy face, unless your supervisor is faking one while addressing you. No team spirit. Felt as though I was working alone. Betrayal by management, and co worker total control freak. I’ve been nursing for 20+ yrs and have never encountered anything even close to this place. It may depend on the department, so, beware of THMG Ob/GYN
Benefits
Cons
Management, Hr, coworkers, pay
Job is close to home and hours are good
A/R Specialist (Current Employee) –  Coatesville, PANovember 28, 2018
Regular work day with no overtime
Learn my job with little training
Management in my office is good
Workplace culture is equal
Hardest part of job is getting proper training to perform job correctly
Enjoy being close to home and work hours
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Got rid of nursing school program
great for a while
Licensed Therapist (Current Employee) –  West Reading, PAJuly 9, 2018
Reading Hospital has been a great place to work. With recent acquisitions and mergers, particularly changes within mental health, job security and questions about future services have gone unanswered. The culture has quickly changed as a result.
Pros
salary, benefits, Pto
Cons
lack of information about future, concerns about job security
Poorly managed system
nurse (Former Employee) –  Coatesville, PAJuly 19, 2018
This healthcare system is dysfunctional and appeared unethical. You never know the whole story, but I would not want to work for this system again, nor would I receive healthcare. Sub-par staffing, sub-par management, sub-par equipment.

Only positive was their benefit package.
Benefits
Cons
staffing, management, equipment, processes
Terrible employer
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Reading, PAJanuary 24, 2019
I loved my previous employment but my manager was not understanding and did not care about any of her employees but herself. All of my previous co-workers can agree with me but will not say anything due to management and the hire ups being clicky and they do not care.
Pros
Discounts, pto
Cons
Management, clicks, dont care if your sick
plenty of opportunities, good employees
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Reading, PAOctober 12, 2018
loved working at TRHMC. Think it's great that you can apply for jobs within the hospital when you feel like a change. Found employees and management to be very helpful.
Great
Emergency Observation Nurse (Current Employee) –  Reading, PAJune 1, 2018
This is a great place to be a new nurse. They have excellent nurse educators and ample training. They also have an advancement program that is labor intensive but fair. I also really like the education compensation program.
Team Oriented Department
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Reading, PASeptember 9, 2018
My position involved a great many diverse responsibilities that kept me busy all the time. Each day was different in the work responsibilities.

Tower is a great place to work and provides the opportunity for you to seek out new positions.

My management was very supportive of each employee to create goals with regard to further education or other opportunities throughout the health system.

The job was not difficult. You had to learn the priorities and how to effectively multitask to meet the demands of the day.

Again, the people I met and worked with, and the management were extremely helpful and supportive. A tremendous team of individuals.
Pros
Supportive Work Environment
Just another number
Patient Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Reading, PAApril 30, 2018
I feel like working here you are just another number, that they don’t really care if you have family issues and things like that. Nor do they care if you get sick and hospitalized. Calling out you get 3 points for one missed day. It takes 18points to get fired. If you want to leave your department or having issues in your department HR doesn’t care nor do they help you at all. They are to busy buying places to care about how happy employees are. There is hard core bulllying in some areas. Sad right?
It was a good place to be at first but mostly your on your own
Pros
Some coworkers, patients
Cons
Pay, Hr, management.
Great Opportunities!
Unit Support Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Reading, PAAugust 15, 2018
I liked the position I held at Tower Health. I enjoyed working with my coworkers (most of them). Worked in their "new' State of the Art facility. Pretty good comradery overall. Several opportunities for job change and/or advancement.
Pros
Several employee incentative programs for Nurses.
Cons
Clickish
Certified Occupational Therapist Assistant (Former Employee) –  West Reading, PAAugust 8, 2018
Good place to work with good benefits. Typical work day of 8 hrs and have to work specific weekends. Co-workers easy to get along. No breaks during the work shift but an hour lunch break
Pros
Good pay and co-workers
Cons
Not enough time to complete added assignments
Great
RN (Current Employee) –  Reading, PAMay 2, 2018
Working for Tower Health is wonderful! I use most of the skills learned in nursing school. Management is looking out for your best interests as well as keeping in mind organizational goals. Workplace culture is good, everyone is nice.
Great people to work with
Ultrasound Technologist (Current Employee) –  West Reading, PAOctober 31, 2018
We act as a family, look out for each other.
Professionally, growth is encouraged, but not monetarily reimbursed.
I love seeing the regular patients and getting to know them and their families.
Overall a good place to work
Nutrition Call Center Associate (Current Employee) –  West Reading, PANovember 17, 2018
It is hard to judge how everyone in the field feels about feels about working here because there are so many departments. Personally, I am so lucky to work with a great group of colleagues and supervisor.
Strictly Buisness and no room for patient satisfaction
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Reading, PANovember 8, 2018
I worked for Tower Health/ Reading Hospital for just under 13 years. In the beginning, there was compassion for patients and staff. As the years passed and chief/presidents came and went, the compassion followed along with them out the door. I stayed at my job for more than just a paycheck, but for the passion I had knowing that I was appreciated by my patients. I went to work for the patients and refused to treat them as a number, but rather as loved ones. I am glad I have a medical background because I know that too much has gone unrecognized and fatalities and medical errors are rising due to overworked and unhappy staff, along with insurance companies dictating health care.
Now with the hospital growing and taking on more facilities, the staff is treated even more as robots and replaceable. It is time for me to move to a smaller famikyof team members and I hope to further my passion for helping patients.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Lack of compassion for staff and patients
non sufficient work space
Buyer (Current Employee) –  Reading HospitalJune 10, 2018
growth causing stress on managers no space for additional staff,
employees in area jammed in room with hard to concentrate.
great benefits - made friends
learned the aspect of health care
day of work very stressfull
Pros
insurance
Cons
stressful everyday
Would not go back
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Phoenixville, PAOctober 25, 2018
Nurses are burned out and staffing levels are too low to safely care for patients more often than not in my assigned unit. A few doctors seem to be stuck in time and unwilling to progress to patient centered care. The nurses keep the place going despite all the challenges they face every day from within the hospital.
Pros
Other nurses
Cons
Disorganization
Great place to work, but very fast pace and busy,
Patient Access Registrar (Current Employee) –  West Reading, PAOctober 3, 2018
I enjoyed working for Tower health, everyday you learned something new. I enjoyed my co worker's and managers. I will miss everyone. I am just so grateful I was given the opportunity to work with such wonderful employees.
Pros
Being able to use your badge in the cafe and gift shop and receiving 30% off
Cons
Half hour lunches are just not enough