Tower International, Inc. Employee Reviews

Materials handler
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  KentuckyMay 7, 2018
Unless you want to Live at your job do not work at Tower. I was working about 80 hrs a week. Yes 80 hrs a week. They constantly want you to come in early or stay late. Its very stressful. Short breaks. Unsafe work area. I would not work at Tower. You will regret it.
Pros
Punching out
Cons
Punching in
OK place -- very demanding customer in Ford Motor Co.
Senior Quality Engineer and Manager of Supply Base (Former Employee) –  Shepherdsville, KYMay 3, 2018
I received excellent reviews at Tower, but there was no room for advancement. If I wanted career advancement I was going to have to relocate out of state.
Cons
It's a good place to wook.
Press Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 22, 2018
I have been working the split shift for almost 5 years now and need a change.
When the line needs parts from the press area we can make it happen.
The hardest part of the job is managing life around both shifts.
Team leader (Former Employee) –  Meridian, MSApril 21, 2018
Tower was a good place to work and paid well . It was hard and fulfilling work . Most of management were friendly and helpful . The hours got king of tiring .
The people make all of the stress worth while
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, OHApril 17, 2018
Days are non stop with constant running around. Very fast paced and need to be self motivated.
The people are like an extended family and make everything worth while.
I have been able to grow and advance and be challenged on a daily basis.
Pros
People, benefits
Cons
Automotive is a difficult industry to be involved in.
Tower
Laborer/Press Technician (Former Employee) –  Clinton, MIApril 17, 2018
We work together with our customers in various stages of production, including development, component sourcing, quality assurance, manufacturing, and delivery. With a diverse mix of products and facilities in North America and Europe, we are well-positioned to meet customer needs. We have a strong, established reputation with customers for providing high-quality products at competitive prices, as well as for timely delivery and customer service.
Pathetic
Colleague (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MIApril 13, 2018
Turn around before you apply. Run. Lack of integrity. Work life balance non-existing. Management needs training. Safety and quality do not matter. Air is very bad.
Pros
Going home
Cons
18+ hours a dsy
Employee (Current Employee) –  Fountain Inn, SCMarch 25, 2018
I have been at Tower International, Greenville/Fountain Inn, SC for several months and this is on of the best places I have ever worked. I left a good job to come here and it has proven to be a good decision. I plan to retire here.
Pros
Great environment and pay.
Cons
Distance from my home
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Shepherdsville, KYMarch 5, 2018
Nice place to work climate control laid back your not rushed in getting your job done supervisors not breathing down your back breaks on a timely manner lots of overtime .by the end of the week you are tired and didn't feel like working the weekend
Pros
Free ice cream
Cons
Breaks ok
Management has no clue, does not care about individuals
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, OHFebruary 13, 2018
Management don't take safety into consideration, they would rather have quantity than quality, the place is way understaffed meaning they make people do more than 1 job at a time. No room for advancement, there is no way you'd get to top rate with the way human resources likes to tack on points. They don't listen to suggestions. The maintenance manager never manages. The production supervisor doesn't supervise. My advice is to get a supervisor position because then you can come and go as you please and never have to do anything right.
Pros
30 minute lunch
Cons
Work every weekend, overworked, under paid
Not a career job
Forklift Driver (Former Employee) –  Meridian, MSFebruary 7, 2018
Most of management was just given a job because of race or friends. Maintaince never could fix anything but a few. Lack of leadership throughout the plant. No good training.
mercenary work
Utility Technician (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 2, 2018
dont come there with any kind of expectations, just come in and do your job. move fast, come on time, you will be a temp until you are hired on and that depends how consistent and fast you are on the line. if you good, three months youll get hired if you slow much longer before you get hired.
Not the best place to work
Assembly operator (Former Employee) –  Bardstown, KYJanuary 24, 2018
Although if you work in the right department you get good overtime opportunities, most of the time you do not. Win everything that comes out of a paycheck dude to taxes, 40 hours a week at this company spent quite cut it. Upper management is terrible. Poor communication from the top to the bottom.
Review
Mechanical Engineer (Tooling I) (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 6, 2017
Typical day is fast paced, stressful , but if you enjoy what you do its an all around decent atmosphere. Some lack of management, and the management that exists is not very directive and leading.
stay away
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  barsdtown kyNovember 15, 2017
no leadership in the company no training provided expected to know and do all day one you get two breaks 10 min break 25 minute lunch that's it if your late for lunch less lunch time. they look to fire you over anything and everything.
Pros
Cons
everything
Company is like every other low paying American company destroying our economy wondering why no one buys american while foreign countries take over.
Operator (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, OHNovember 14, 2017
Everyone on the floor appears to be working including management. The pay is below the cost of living but better than other places. Most people are operators or welders but they have fork lift drivers and maintenance too. Operators work with robots loading fixtures. Welders weld parts of the frames.
Pros
I have a job. Close to home.
Cons
Low pay but they compensate with more hours, 480 hours as a temp into 120 day probational period if you get hired.
Fast Paced.
Die Engineer (Former Employee) –  Charter Township of Clinton, MINovember 13, 2017
Always on the go at the plant. I enjoyed this type of environment but decided to leave so diversify my experience. Plant Manager was hard to work for but I admired him for his tenacity.
They have the worst HR department I have ever seen
Maintenance Technician / Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 7, 2017
Working at Tower is ok if all you do is want to live at work.
The Union DOES NOT stand behind you for nothing!!!
The HR department is the worst I have ever seen!!!
The Management team is great!
Pros
good pay
Cons
HR is never around
Good company to work for.
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, ohioOctober 25, 2017
Good company to work for. Lots of room to advance in the company. Fellow employees make a great work environment. Lots of opportunity for overtime every week.
Pros
Lots of room to advance in company
Cons
A lot of overtime. Almost to much at times
I do not recommend this place for a skilled trades person.
Journeyman Electrician (Former Employee) –  Chicago IllinoisOctober 16, 2017
I was a maintenance electrician for Tower Chicago plant for 11 years and found it to be the worst place to make a living. Union is the worst They will not help you one bit especially when you need them the most unless your black .Tower management are there for themselves only.
Pros
Cons
No support at all, company works against you instead of with you.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tower International, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.