Tower Legal Solutions Employee Reviews

Relaxed but Duration of Project Exaggerated
E-Discovery Attorney (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 25, 2018
The workplace is an old office building with a very old design and not much to be desired. The workplace is very relaxed, which is nice, but the duration of each project is greatly exaggerated (i.e., my project was stated to last 4-6 months, and finished in 2 months), and the end of the project comes with very little-to-no notice. The people are nice, but the project duration is deceptive and picking up a new project is not as simple as it would seem
A Humbling and Dark Experience
Internal HR (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 4, 2018
I would never wish upon anyone to work here as an internal staff. It is the most degrading decision I have made for myself. Their pay grade is low (and don't think about getting a raise). You'd have to be an exceptional employee to feel a sense of worth but no one has reached that bar. You are constantly treated as if you're at the bottom of the barrel.

They are not flexible with their employees but would expect you to work all hours of the day. The former COO who doesn't appreciate anything, would send me demanding emails through 1:30 am and start again at 6:30 am. There is no work/life balance in this company.

Minimal training was provided/available. They do not communicate with their staff, yet expect a lot.

It has been a couple of years since I have worked there so maybe the culture have change, but that was the worst experience I've had. EVER!
Pros
Any company you work for after will be like godsent
Cons
Low pay, degrading, no growth, no structure
Standard Contract Attorney Gig
Contract Attorney (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 11, 2018
It's standard document review work, with long hours but the pay is decent at least. Not bad if you are in between jobs but the long hours make it hard to stay there permanently.
Pros
Pays well
Cons
Long hours, no career advancement
Terrible place to work
Recruiter/HR Specialist (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 4, 2018
This place lacks management, culture, morale, work life balance, direction, leadership. It can be proven by the high rate of turnover they experience.
Pros
Not a bad place to work afterall.
Contract Document Reviewer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 14, 2018
Okay to work here and focus on your job but they may be elusive sometimes when you are no more with them and you still have somethings to get from them such as entitlement.
Pros
Collaborative
Cons
No job security.
Good company
Business Operations Project Manager (Contractor) (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 4, 2018
Tower was a nice firm to work for. Enjoyable environment. Everyone was very accommodating and always willing to help out. Work Life balance was very easy.
Nice people. Good assignments.
Contract Paralegal (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 12, 2018
Good pay. Good assignments. Friendly staff. Several great assignments. Worked on several good assignments. Nice case managers. Excellent case managers. Good company.
Pros
Friendly Staff
Cons
None.
Very friendly work atmosphere
Japanese Document Reviewer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 16, 2017
Overall I was satisfied work in Tower Legal because work atmosphere was good and everybody friendly. It was contact position I wish that Tower Legal offer another job to me.
Very Good Experience
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 6, 2017
I was hired originally as a temp to help out during the holiday season and I ended up working there for two years. My experience was great. People were really nice to work with. It was a very friendly place. The managers and owner were all very nice. Nice offices. No complaints.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Busy environment
Professional Environment, Nice Recuiters
Contract Attorney (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 26, 2017
I just finished my 3rd project with Tower and I have never had a bad experience. Their recruiters are nice and don't withhold information. They pay higher than others and their project rooms are nice. My only issue is some of the attorneys that I worked with... major complainers about everything. Tower always seems to have work.
Pros
Nice workspace
Cons
Some of the people on my last review
Awkward, slimy, client centered
Contract Attorney (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 8, 2017
I worked at Tower Legal as a contract attorney in New York City.
While the pay was not the lowest in the industry, it was not necessarily the highest. The atmosphere in the office was tense, there was pressure to work quickly and to please the client at every moment. It was not my favorite place to work, some rooms have no windows, but they did have a consistent flow of work, at the time.
Pros
consistent work
Cons
constant pressure to speed up, projects consistently ended before projected end date
stay away
Internal staff (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 4, 2017
Very abusive place, very high turnover. The owner is out of touch and doesn't interview or speak with the top managers. They lose clients left and right. Technology is terrible and keeps crashing. The one good thing is that the prior COO was a witch and has finally left the company. Pay is lousy for internal staff, benefits worse, I think healthcare was more than $25,000 per year. They pay attorneys less than you could make at a counter in Macys. The other firms laugh at Tower.
Pros
really none
Cons
ownership, it all starts at the top
Very fast paced environment and many moving pieces everyday.
Office Manager & Operations (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 21, 2017
It has been a blast working at my company, it's always something new everyday working with so many people from 20 to up to 150 people in one given day.

We always have something going on and it's very rare to have a slow day.

Very fast paced environment and many moving pieces everyday.
Consultant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 17, 2017
I liked working for Tower. The culture is great. Everyone is really nice and people work together. All of the managers are great and they treat people very good with respect. Everyone works hard but they are happy. I was always busy until the temporary job was ending, then it got slow and was time for termination. On occasion we had down time and was free to do research and other things . I recommend working for Tower.Good atmosphere.
Pros
Free Coffe, Tea, Hot Chocolate, and Water
Good situational/transitional job
CONTRACT ATTORNEY (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 6, 2017
Occasional extra hours and weekend work
Comfortable offices
Lunch provided on weekends
Convenient downtown location
Friendly staff
Nice break room with tv, computers
Great Experience
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 31, 2017
I liked working for Tower. The culture is great. Everyone is really nice and people work together. All of the managers are great and they treat people well. Everyone works hard but they are happy. I was always busy and I liked that. On occasion we played games for prizes. I recommend working for Tower.
Pros
good atmosphere, nice people, fun place to work, low turnover
Cons
business attire except for casual Friday
One of my top picks
Project Manager/Contract Attorney (Former Employee) –  Washington, DC 20004July 29, 2017
Tower has consistently gotten me the highest rates and the best hours. The head of the DC office is a great guy who deals fairly and honestly with the contract attorneys. I have only experienced mutual respect in our dealings. We have not worked together recently and I hope the administration stays the same until my next opportunity.
Good
Contract Attorney (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 18, 2017
Nice place to work. Con is that you have to pay for parking which is basically an hour of work. Also the projects don't seem to last that long. Clean place.
Pros
Clean
Cons
Parking
Contract Document Review Attorney (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 4, 2017
Typical day at work involves review of documents that is routine and without much excitement. Good work culture and environment is good. Enjoyable friendship with staff and management. Hardest part is obviously absence of job security and low hourly wages.
Pros
Good Management
Cons
Low hourly wages
Can be a fun company to work for.
Administrative Receptionist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 3, 2017
Although, I feel there was a glass ceiling for me, I feel that they are good as far as hiring qualified people for all positions. However, they overwork their staff. They also, participate in favoritism. I like the work that I did because I like helping people, and it was a opportunity for me to get more experience.

The COO is the brain behind the entire company. I admire her. The company would not have been successful without her.
Pros
alot of fun parties. NIce bonuses.